Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum (1235 Views)

Horible Pics: Is This Romance Or What? Can You Try It? / Who Is The No1 Bad Girl In This Romance Section,i Want To Date Her / Nairaland Most Romantic Posters On The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by chronique(m): 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
Hi folks! Happy new year to y'all. Pls,kindly permit me to share a few stuffs with y'all so we can have a better romance forum this year. Please,if you belong to the following groups,pls try to change.

1. Those who come here looking for advice(when they already have their minds made up on what to do),expecting everyone here to accept their(poster's) opinions/views,and resort to quarelling & name calling when they cant have their way. If you've already made up your minds on what to do,pls dont bother us with it.

2. Those with very bad use/command of English. If you're on of those who make English sound like French/Latino when one is reading,pls work on yourself. It's sometimes very painful for some of us when we read such & sometimes,we tend to lose interest in your thread(s). This means you'd end up losing valuable advice when people cant understand what you're saying.

3. Those who type in "text msg formats/abbreviation" & call it shorthand. This is gross & unfair to other readers,who'd have to strain their eyes & crack their brains to understand what you're saying. Same goes for those who cant punctuate properly when writing. Eg: "I asked her: are you going home? She said yes,but after talking things through with you" written as "I asked her are you going home She said yes but after talking things through with you?" Pls take note of the differences in both sentences.

4. Those who like to post epistles with a link to a silly blog address to finish reading up boring stories. And most times,when one clicks on the blog address,one would be asked to click several links to get to the main story.... There are smarter ways of advertising your blogs & making more money. Once you do this here,you can be rest assured no one would want to click on your links next time(irrespective of how fascinating the story may be).

5. Those who open threads with little or no substance. Eg: A thread with title/topic - I cheated on her or We just broke up,and the body reads "pls advice needed". What kind of advice do you want when you haven't said anything to us?

6. All the jambites and SSCE holders on this forum,talking about love "when" their use of English is bad,should pls face their books & work on themselves. NL romance section should be the least of your worries now.

7. Those who open threads(especially boring ones) and keep asking mods to move thread to frontpage(notice me members). There's actually little or no difference btw you guys & the first to comment group.

Anyone who has one or two things to add to this,should pls do so.

Happy new year folks!

1 Like

Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2013
chronique: Hi folks! Happy new year to y'all. Pls,kindly permit me to share a few stuffs with y'all so we can have a better romance forum this year. Please,if you belong to the following groups,pls try to change.

1. Those who come here looking for advice(when they already have their minds made up on what to do),expecting everyone here to accept their(poster's) opinions/views,and resort to quarelling & name calling when they cant have their way. If you've already made up your minds on what to do,pls dont bother us with it.

2. Those with very bad use/command of English. If you're on of those who make English sound like French/Latino when one is reading,pls work on yourself. It's sometimes very painful for some of us when we read such & sometimes,we tend to lose interest in your thread(s). This means you'd end up losing valuable advice when people cant understand what you're saying.

3. Those who type in "text msg formats/abbreviation" & call it shorthand. This is gross & unfair to other readers,who'd have to strain their eyes & crack their brains to understand what you're saying. Same goes for those who cant punctuate properly when writing. Eg: "I asked her: are you going home? She said yes,but after talking things through with you" written as "I asked her are you going home She said yes but after talking things through with you?" Pls take note of the differences in both sentences.

4. Those who like to post epistles with a link to a silly blog address to finish reading up boring stories. And most times,when one clicks on the blog address,one would be asked to click several links to get to the main story.... There are smarter ways of advertising your blogs & making more money. Once you do this here,you can be rest assured no one would want to click on your links next time(irrespective of how fascinating the story may be).

5. Those who open threads with little or no substance. Eg: A thread with title/topic - I cheated on her or We just broke up,and the body reads "pls advice needed". What kind of advice do you want when you haven't said anything to us?

6. All the jambites and SSCE holders on this forum,talking about love "when" their use of English is bad,should pls face their books & work on themselves. NL romance section should be the least of your worries now.

Anyone who has one or two things to add to this,should pls do so.

Happy new year folks!
Is nairaland your pet project?

1 Like

Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 01, 2013
@Chronique...dude,u didn't tell me u've bought Nairaland from Seun. That's a big step.Congrats!
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Idowuogbo(f): 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
Abeg Abeg abeg! Make una free bros chronicles joor! D guy make sense na... Oga Chrono! I support u joor! Happy new year kiss
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by ijebabe: 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
Thanks chronique. Some posters should not be allowed on the internet, especially the ones with horrible shorthand angry

Happy New Year!

1 Like

Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2013
LastApostle:

sexkillz please edit this post please...how can one quote all those post just to ask a question?..last apostle you no try o
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
@chronique, ULTRA GBAM...fire on...you're on point
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by beylinko(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
Ok,we don hear. We go try adjust. Happy new to u too.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Those who quote a very long write up only to type a few words or put a smiley at the end.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by tpia5: 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2013
Good points.

Now, what about those who are genuinely searching for partners, or who would be genuine partners themselves, how do they avoid all the questionable characters and dangerous elements around here?

Maybe just not even bother? Just go the pre- internet way, which is keep your intuition about you, since the story of the girl who married a stranger who later divested himself of his entire body, on the way home, comes to mind. If not for God who saved her, in that story. Vice versa too, if you want to switch roles.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Lovetinz(m): 7:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
Those who comment on, and like their own post with their multiple IDs.

1 Like

Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
lalaosky:

sexkillz please edit this post please...how can one quote all those post just to ask a question?..last apostle you no try o
My post occupy your living room or you felt nairaland cannot accommodate it?
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
Vanneni: Those who quote a very long write up only to type a few words or put a smiley at the end.
Are you in any way referring to me?
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by chronique(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
LastApostle:

Ask me on the first of Jan 2014;I promise to answer you on that day.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Oahray: 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
Chronique, you make sense jare. I like the reality of your post. Those peeps are annoying... Others like Last Apostle too, quote-mania.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by chronique(m): 9:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
tpia@:
Good points.

Now, what about those who are genuinely searching for partners, or who would be genuine partners themselves, how do they avoid all the questionable characters and dangerous elements around here?

Maybe just not even bother? Just go the pre- internet way, which is keep your intuition about you, since the story of the girl who married a stranger who later divested himself of his entire body, on the way home, comes to mind. If not for God who saved her, in that story. Vice versa too, if you want to switch roles.

I'm not trying to discourage anybody. I just thought I should share an idea on how members of this section of the NL community can make this forum more refined,based on the fact that some people bring up serious issues here & everyone can definitely learn from them.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Goldieluks: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
Your thread is so on point!
The jambites and SSCE holders part got me lolling.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by chronique(m): 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
binger: @Chronique...dude,u didn't tell me u've bought Nairaland from Seun. That's a big step.Congrats!

Oh! Sorry,I forgot. Now that you know,kindly get two glasses & a bottle of champagne & let's toast to this.... *looking around to see if Seun is anywhere around*

@Idowu,Ijebabe,Lala,Oahray & others,thanks.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2013
when I opened this thread, I thought I'll see another dailynews 2.0 but the content is well thought out. big ups and happy new year smiley

1 Like

Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Collinsterol(m): 10:27pm On Jan 01, 2013
LastApostle:
free d guy now or r u a learner?
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Collinsterol: free d guy now or r u a learner?

I suggest you take elementary education to educate yourself on civility.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2013
LastApostle:
Are you in any way referring to me?
I was refering to something like what you did.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 02, 2013
Vanneni: I was refering to something like what you did.
Ok arrest me
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by greatgod2012(f): 5:21am On Jan 02, 2013
You really make sense.
Lol @ jambites and SSCE graduates.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by djeezy(m): 7:25am On Jan 02, 2013
@Op, include those who come here for advice and do not come back to read the responses or answer questions asked them in furtherance of more erudite and helpful responses. They create a thread seeking advice and abandon it. Nice thread anyway.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by chronique(m): 7:31am On Jan 02, 2013
djeezy: @Op, include those who come here for advice and do not come back to read the responses or answer questions asked them in furtherance of more erudite and helpful responses. They create a thread seeking advice and abandon it. Nice thread anyway.

True. You've already added it man;no need for me to type it again.
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2013
Lovetinz: Those who comment on, and like their own post with their multiple IDs.

that's ultra weird sad
Re: 2013: My Advice To Posters On This Romance Forum by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2013
LastApostle:
Ok arrest me
I don't have time for trivial issues.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indicative Signs of Infidelity In A Relationship.... / Masquarade Chilling With His Babe / Rate My Pics Romance Section Biko!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.