Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (85811 Views)

Industrialisation Of Akwa Ibom Is Our Next Phase Of Uncommon Transformation / Stella Oduah Recieves Aviation Stakeholders Award For Uncommon Transformation / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by bloggernaija: 10:38am On Mar 11, 2013
Nonsense.the airport is attah's project and also are ,some of the roads.
Why put an ugly flyover in a relatively sparsely populated state when modern urban planning method avoid building them as much as possible.the lack of priorities is also visible from the number of cars on or around the bridge
For all I can see. ,you are only showing one or two roads.
It also does not change the fact that most of akwa ibom people are living in extreme poverty .outside of Ewet housing estate in uyo where the elite live like kings,there is really nothing to write home about.
I think these plutocrats have no idea of what human capital development and the basic necessities of life is all about.
Food ,shelter,education ,health,telecommunications etc.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
bloggernaija: Nonsense.the airport is attah's project and also are ,some of the roads.
Why put an ugly flyover in a relatively sparsely populated state when modern urban planning method avoid building them as much as possible.the lack of priorities is also visible from the number of cars on or around the bridge
It also does not change the fact that most of akwa ibom people are living in extreme poverty .outside of Ewet housing estate in uyo where the elite live like kings,there is really nothing to write home about.
I think these plutocrats have no idea of what human capital development and the basic necessities of life is all about.

I share your concern on Human Capital Development; but whether the airport is Attah's project or not isn't really the issue. The most important thing is that a govt in Nigeria is doing the rare thing of continuing/completing a project initiated by its predecessor.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by WarriPikin1: 7:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
Governor Godswill Akpabio is simply God's gift to the long suffering people of Akwa Ibom State.I say categorically that he is God's gift because i know what Akwa Ibom used to be and what he has transformed it into.
Even Akwa Ibom people are not known as house boy and house girls anymore because he has been funding skills acquisition centers that train young people in that state for specific trade and give them N500,000 Naira to set up their own business at the end of the training.Apart from giving them FREE education.

I have not seen any Governor in Nigeria so concerned about the future of his people like Akpabio. The Ibaka deep sea port and International airport he is building shall launch Akwa Ibom into the future.I hope he begins early to organize consultations with all the major businesses in Akwa ibom and neighboring states to sensitize them about the port and how they can use it to grow their business.
Let me say it again, GOV. AKPABIO IS GOD'S GIFT TO HIS PEOPLE! Those in doubt should visit Akwa Ibom to see things for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
@ Warri Pikin: You are spot on! If the present tempo is maintained, I believe that in the next 5-6 years, Akwa Ibom will be challenging Lagos as the economic capital of Nigeria. Also, South-east businessmen may move to Akwa Ibom in droves, since it has what Lagos has - an international airport and deep sea port.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by BabaTony: 6:42am On Mar 12, 2013
bloggernaija: Nonsense.the airport is attah's project and also are ,some of the roads.

When I see people write things like this I really wonder the person used his brain at all. Are you still living in the Attah Era? Wake up boy. What the hell are you talking about. Can u tell us what YOU would do if you where the governor. This is a state that was nowhere in terms of infrastructure. This man has moved the state far ahead of even older states in Nigeria and u stay in the comfort of nairaland to write rubbish about his efforts. I can authoritatively inform you that when 3rd mainland bridge was constructed in lagos there were very few cars plying the already existent bridges. Its all about thinking futuristic mr. You try to paint a picture of extreme poverty, sorry to disappoint you I see extreme poverty here in Lagos everyday. That doesn't take away the fact that there are rich an middle class here too. So pls dump your extreme poverty story its not new. The number of middle class and rich in aks has increased tremendously over the few years. Poverty is in the mind. For you to talk about ewet housing in 2013 tells me how naive you are. There are so many new estates both govt and privately owned all over the state. Ewet is old school. Pls kindly tell us how you would provide human capital development without providing the needed infrastructure to support private (both local and foreign) investments to boost employment. I have seen your type plenty, its all about spewing_ nonsense around but when given the opportunity to perform we hear stories pf embezzlement left, right and center. Akwa Ibom is on the right track. The gov has opened up the state with roads and bridges( I mean standard dualized roads) for investments in any sector agric, manufacturing tourism etc. Provided an airport, education, health etc. Today Akwa Ibom whether you like it or not is ON THE MAP ITS NOW A DESTINATION. All we need is constructive criticism and not your wicked, blood sucking, backward thinking, stupid and idiotic criticism that will take the state nowhere. Appreciate progress when you see it. Akwa Ibom can only get better. AKWA IBOM ADO OK.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by rhymz(m): 7:01am On Mar 12, 2013
BabaTony:

When I see people write things like this I really wonder the person used his brain at all. Are you still living in the Attah Era? Wake up boy. What the hell are you talking about. Can u tell us what YOU would do if you where the governor. This is a state that was nowhere in terms of infrastructure. This man has moved the state far ahead of even older states in Nigeria and u stay in the comfort of nairaland to write rubbish about his efforts. I can authoritatively inform you that when 3rd mainland bridge was constructed in lagos there were very few cars plying the already existent bridges. Its all about thinking futuristic mr. You try to paint a picture of extreme poverty, sorry to disappoint you I see extreme poverty here in Lagos everyday. That doesn't take away the fact that there are rich an middle class here too. So pls dump your extreme poverty story its not new. The number of middle class and rich in aks has increased tremendously over the few years. Poverty is in the mind. For you to talk about ewet housing in 2013 tells me how naive you are. There are so many new estates both govt and privately owned all over the state. Ewet is old school. Pls kindly tell us how you would provide human capital development without providing the needed infrastructure to support private (both local and foreign) investments to boost employment. I have seen your type plenty, its all about spewing_ nonsense around but when given the opportunity to perform we hear stories pf embezzlement left, right and center. Akwa Ibom is on the right track. The gov has opened up the state with roads and bridges( I mean standard dualized roads) for investments in any sector agric, manufacturing tourism etc. Provided an airport, education, health etc. Today Akwa Ibom whether you like it or not is ON THE MAP ITS NOW A DESTINATION. All we need is constructive criticism and not your wicked, blood sucking, backward thinking, stupid and idiotic criticism that will take the state nowhere. Appreciate progress when you see it. Akwa Ibom can only get better. AKWA IBOM ADO OK.
I like this Guy, He knows how to kick the hateful butts of Haters. . . Lol.
The other day I was riding with an Uncle in Owerri, he had just come back from Uyo and was telling me that Uyo was going to be the next Lagos giving the kind of big ticket project Akpabio was involved in. The man knows the kind of infrastructure that supports and attract large scale industries and businesses. Like somebody has said, Akpabio is realy God's gift to Akwa people. Another, the man needs to start grooming a successor somebody that will continue what he has started with thesame zeal and and alacrity, it is hifh time the East moved up so that comments like "go back to your villages" can cease. I see a lot of Eastern business people gearing up for the port especially, it is a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by rhymz(m): 7:02am On Mar 12, 2013
BabaTony:

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by IGBOSON1: 3:12am On Mar 18, 2013
Courtesy Europaconcorsi.com:

3TI Architecture & Engineering Consultants JLT has been engaged in Design for the International Terminal Building, at the Ibom International Airport in Uyo – Nigeria, as design consultant of Alcon Nigeria Ltd, the contractor awarded the D&B Tender. The project consists of the following three sections: • the new international air passengers terminal (1.5 mln pax/year, 750pax/hour peak); • the air side apron, with fixed fittings and equipments; • the land side access road system and car park system. The terminal is composed of 3 levels: Arrivals at the lower level, Departures at the higher level and an interposed technical floor. Both levels have separated entrances and are served by a direct road. The departure level is linked to the land-side with a covered pedestrian bridge that crosses the Arrivals road. The terminal features 4 fingers, for up to 6 appropriate modern aircrafts. There is a connection system for VIP access with a dedicated covered walkway. The terminal is furthermore equiped with halls, lobbies, waiting rooms, offices for staff, check-in areas, areas for police and security services. The land-side area is divided into a parking lot, a green landscaped area with two water fountains and areas for bus and taxi stops. The road network is dedicated to Arrivals Area, Departures Area and bus/taxi Area.

http://europaconcorsi.com/projects/218477-International-Terminal-Building-Ibom-International-Airport-Uyo-Akwa-Ibom-State-NIGERIA/print

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by IGBOSON1: 3:15am On Mar 18, 2013
More pics:

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by IGBOSON1: 3:17am On Mar 18, 2013
Another pic:

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by IGBOSON1: 3:23am On Mar 18, 2013
Now this is an airport!

That Governor has good taste; everything he constructs is to my liking. Very soon Uyo will be the top Nigerian destination for investors and tourists alike.

The 5 new international terminals planned are to cost more than Uyo airport, so their renders and eventual finished product should be better, or -at the very least- on par with Uyo.

Nice one Akpabio.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by IGBOSON1: 3:29am On Mar 18, 2013
From the renders it looks like the lower half of the terminal is for departures; while the upper half is for arrivals.....who can access the car park via the foot bridge you can see.....beautiful!

And the terminal has jetways direct to the aircraft from each gate, as modern airports should have.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ba7man(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2013
Why are there so many concrete columns in the Departure lounge?? What's the point using a steel roof when its going to be supported by concrete columns?? The beauty of the Airport's interior will only be realized using steel support sections.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by IGBOSON1: 10:26am On Mar 18, 2013
ba7man: Why are there so many concrete columns in the Departure lounge?? What's the point using a steel roof when its going to be supported by concrete columns?? The beauty of the Airport's interior will only be realized using steel support sections.

^^^Yeah, i just noticed this point; it does give the airport a dated (70's) look, as you can build wide spaced halls now without the need for columns all over the place. But still a nice airport though.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ba7man(m): 11:45am On Mar 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Yeah, i just noticed this point; it does give the airport a dated (70's) look, as you can build wide spaced halls now without the need for columns all over the place. But still a nice airport though.
Yes, If they use the right steel sections as support, they can eliminate those excessive columns in the halls. Yeah, Nice design. I hope someone reads this and questions the Architect on how to eliminate them.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:01am On Jun 28, 2013
Fashola should go for lecutes from this man on how not to toll public roads.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ba7man(m): 6:19am On Jun 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Fashola should go for lecutes from this man on how not to toll public roads.
Fashola is spear-heading the Eko Atlantic city project, The Lekki free trade zone, the Lekki-Epe Expressway, the Badagry Expressway complete with rail lines down the middle, the expansion of the Ikorodu Expressway, The Elevated rail line project etc. Akpabio is trying but he is still a learner beside Fashola. Fashola needs all the money he can get. You can't compare the scale of the projects they are initiating. Vision pass vision.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:55am On Jun 28, 2013
ba7man: Fashola is spear-heading the Eko Atlantic city project, The Lekki free trade zone, the Lekki-Epe Expressway, the Badagry Expressway complete with rail lines down the middle, the expansion of the Ikorodu Expressway, The Elevated rail line project etc. Akpabio is trying but he is still a learner beside Fashola. Fashola needs all the money he can get. You can't compare the scale of the projects they are initiating. Vision pass vision.

All on paper. Funny how people fall for this scam.

Lekki free trade zone has remained on paper many years after conception, The Badagry express way, a supposedly Federal project which Fashola grabbed thinking its child's play is now in ruins as he can't cope with the financial demands of the work. Portions have been cleared, excavated and finally abandoned and left in ruins making a hitherto journey of 45 minutes last about 5 hours now. He is now accusing the Federal govt. for refusing to guaranty the loan he is seeking to complete the project as if the Federal govt. sent him to do the road. The rail line is only in Fashola's fantasy world. The Eko Atlantic itself is still at the paper stage as no single structure has been erected on the site as I type now. The Lekki-Epe express way which was constructed by tax payer's money is being tolled. At least 90% of the projects Fashola has been commissioning are PPP projects funded with little or no govt. contribution.

People need to see through this ACN scam.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ba7man(m): 7:28am On Jun 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

All on paper. Funny how people fall for this scam.

Lekki free trade zone has remained on paper many years after conception, The Badagry express way, a supposedly Federal project which Fashola grabbed thinking its child's play is now in ruins as he can't cope with the financial demands of the work. Portions have been cleared, excavated and finally abandoned and left in ruins making a hitherto journey of 45 minutes last about 5 hours now. He is now accusing the Federal govt. for refusing to guaranty the loan he is seeking to complete the project as if the Federal govt. sent him to do the road. The rail line is only in Fashola's fantasy world. The Eko Atlantic itself is still at the paper stage as no single structure has been erected on the site as I type now. The Lekki-Epe express way which was constructed by tax payer's money is being tolled. At least 90% of the projects Fashola has been commissioning are PPP projects funded with little or no govt. contribution.

People need to see through this ACN scam.
I strongly disagree with you. You can't expect them to operate at the same speed when the projects they are initiating and problems they're encountering aren't on the same scale. Fashola has to deal with over population(x4) of what Akabio has to deal with, congested roads, building clusters, slums, illegal market encroachments and lawless individuals......meanwhile Akpabio just bulldozes virgin lands and starts work.....all on the same amount. Akpabio has far less challenges to worry about. And work is on-going in all those lagos projects you mentioned. You don't expect a city to rise out of the Ocean in around 5 years, do you?.....BTW, that Badagry Express road has always being in ruins till the Fashola administration decided to fix it. And you saying the elevated rail line proves you've not been to Lagos in a long time. The concrete footings are there for all to see and workers are always on site.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ba7man(m): 8:09am On Jun 28, 2013
The Kalimba housing project in Angola can house 500,000 individuals and costed $2.2 billion to construct (Its a ghost town right now though). With the amount Akpabio receives as state allocation, he could have constructed a similar project half its size, a good road network, provided uninterrupted power supply and left the doors open for companies to struggle for space to get into Akwa-Ibom...He hasn't done anything major yet to make people flock in that direction for employment, that's why those roads are still empty. He needs a thriving population to make that State Economically viable or else all the infrastruture will remain under utillized.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by tsomething: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2013
ba7man: I strongly disagree with you. You can't expect them to operate at the same speed when the projects they are initiating and problems they're encountering aren't on the same scale. Fashola has to deal with over population(x4) of what Akabio has to deal with, congested roads, building clusters, slums, illegal market encroachments and lawless individuals......meanwhile Akpabio just bulldozes virgin lands and starts work.....all on the same amount. Akpabio has far less challenges to worry about. And work is on-going in all those lagos projects you mentioned. You don't expect a city to rise out of the Ocean in around 5 years, do you?.....BTW, that Badagry Express road has always being in ruins till the Fashola administration decided to fix it. And you saying the elevated rail line proves you've not been to Lagos in a long time. The concrete footings are there for all to see and workers are always on site.

Please do your research well. Eko Atlantic city is fully funded by private bodies. Lagos state counterpart funding comes in the form of the taxes leveraged for the inventors and contractor. Fashola has never released any dime for that project and the project was initially conceived to curb the ocean surge on Victoria Island residents
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by sayso: 8:41am On Jun 28, 2013
This is commendable for GA,but I have some concerns in the pictures posted.
1.The people are not looking healthy
2.The transport system seems poverty stricken
3.Hope some sustenance plans are in place.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ba7man(m): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2013
t-something:

Please do your research well. Eko Atlantic city is fully funded by private bodies. Lagos state counterpart funding comes in the form of the taxes leveraged for the inventors and contractor. Fashola has never released any dime for that project and the project was initially conceived to curb the ocean surge on Victoria Island residents
Definitely,You are right. He can't fund a project of that scale using state funds, it will never be enough. He has to invite investors to do it. He simply did what young entepreneurs do around the world. They come up with an idea and seek for investors to buy into it by proving it guarantees return on investments. Its a way of acheiving great things normally beyond your capacity.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by tsomething: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2013
ba7man: The Kalimba housing project in Angola can house 500,000 individuals and costed $2.2 billion to construct (Its a ghost town right now though). With the amount Akpabio receives as state allocation, he could have constructed a similar project half its size, a good road network, provided uninterrupted power supply and left the doors open for companies to struggle for space to get into Akwa-Ibom...He hasn't done anything major yet to make people flock in that direction for employment, that's why those roads are still empty. He needs a thriving population to make that State Economically viable or else all the infrastruture will remain under utillized.

My brother I would beg to disagree with you on your plan for increasing the economic base of Akwa Ibom.

First and foremost investors would like to situate their factories in areas where the cost of production should be fairly cheaper and have a good market or have means of transporting them to other markets. The government of AKSG has invested heavily into providing infrastructures not just for our immediate population of 5million people, but for the future. These infrastructures are linking up cities outside the capital city Uyo , making it easier for people to live in Abak or Ikot Ekpene and still work in Uyo .

The proposed Ibaka deep seaport is one of the few natural deep sea ports in the whole of Africa. Its location is strategic towards serving not just Nigerians but countries within the gulf of guinea. Also the Akwa Ibom airport, which is also to be a cargo and international airport, just recently got approval from Mr President to also serve as an agro airport for transporting perishable food items to markets. Don't forget the airport will also have an MRO (maintenance , repair and overhaul) facility , making it the only airport on the northern African hemisphere with such facility. All these will surely drive economic activities in the state .

Also the Government in trying to participate from the economic activities of its two neighbours (cross river and Abia ) is ensuring that all the roads linking these states are in a very good shape (even though they are FG roads ). Very soon a traveler from Aba would prefer to use the Akwa Ibom airport which may be farther than PH airport ,but because he's sure he can get to the airport in less than an hour in a world class dual carriageway without traffic .
An importer in Aba would prefer to use the Ibaka sea port for landing his containers, instead Lagos port considering the transportation cost.

So you see my brother , this government isn't building for the present , but for the future Akwa Ibom state
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2013
ba7man: Definitely,You are right. He can't fund a project of that scale using state funds, it will never be enough. He has to invite investors to do it. He simply did what young entepreneurs do around the world. They come up with an idea and seek for investors to buy into it by proving it guarantees return on investments. Its a way of acheiving great things normally beyond your capacity.
But as it is now, nobody has bought into Fashola's idea as Eko Atlantic remains barren many years after conception and land reclamation.

The only people who have bought into the idea have done that only on paper.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by ba7man(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo: But as it is now, nobody has bought into Fashola's idea as Eko Atlantic remains barren many years after conception and land reclamation.

The only people who have bought into the idea have done that only on paper.
Relax, Lagos is an investor's paradise b'cos it has a large population available. Work is currently on-going on the site and i'v started seeing adverts of residential apartments for sale already. V.I was once strictly residential before but you need to see the high-rise buildings there now. Lekki was once barren too but now, the Govt can't keep up with the population explosion rapidly moving as far as Epe. The main center of commerce will simply move from V.I to Eko Atlantic, the same way it moved to V.I from Marina. As we speak, I'm sure banks have already purchased land there to build their new headquaters.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Horus(m): 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2013

Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre

Ibom Tropicana Entertainment Centre
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 17, 2014
EkoIle1: lmao @ phony billion naira waste called e library.

The bogus library said results found to Wole Soyinka and Achebe search.

This has got to be the biggest scam in Naija's history....lmao

Typical Yoruba hating, jealous Id$iot...get the effing out of here and focus on your crime ridden SW. Stay off SS and SE development. Why do you people like to interfere in other people's business? Always looking for something negative to say. Every post o Nairaland is the the same thing. MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by IGBOSON1: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2014
The new Uyo Int'l terminal has changed from the renders shown last year; the current one is much better and modern!
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2014
IGBOSON1: The new Uyo Int'l terminal has changed from the renders shown last year; the current one is much better and modern!
better... 'cause the one posted earlier wasn't encouraging. Especially the interior.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by AnthonyAk(m): 10:31am On Nov 04, 2014
All I know is Akwa Ibomites are the next Yorubas . assuming the deep sea project does materialize the economic potential is enormous. Given the airports and such the next generation is bound to flourish.

On that note i see a Nigerian Renaissance coming very soon.
Re: Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) by sutst: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
AnthonyAk:
All I know is Akwa Ibomites are the next Yorubas . assuming the deep sea project does materialize the economic potential is enormous. Given the airports and such the next generation is bound to flourish.

On that note i see a Nigerian Renaissance coming very soon.
pls hw is work on d new terminal building

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Leaving Imo Government House In Style (Photos) / Pictures Of Osinbajo Dripping That Got People Talking / Seyi Makinde Dressed In Amotekun Outfit To Sign Bill Into Law (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.