Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (464049 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Thanks for voting guys!
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:29am On Jul 19, 2013
Who is the unpatriotic and corrigible element that unstickied this thread.

Wetin wan cause dat one? Please sticky it back. Funny behavior from NL mods sef. So because we are not doing 1st to comment we don't deserve a sticky?

Anyway gentlemen of the order of the penguin . Two months to go till launch. No. BLAST OFF.

Already we can update via terminal on device now and that just makes life soooooo better. A proper linux mobile OS comes alive!! Sigh. I am happy u know

Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 8:35am On Jul 19, 2013
Hey @4llerbuntu did u see d countdown on ubuntu site? 3 days to go. What do u think they will announce?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by ciphoenix: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
A lot has gone down since I left. Damn
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
4llerbuntu: Who is the unpatriotic and corrigible element that unstickied this thread.

Wetin wan cause dat one? Please sticky it back. Funny behavior from NL mods sef. So because we are not doing 1st to comment we don't deserve a sticky?

Anyway gentlemen of the order of the penguin . Two months to go till launch. No. BLAST OFF.

Already we can update via terminal on device now and that just makes life soooooo better. A proper linux mobile OS comes alive!! Sigh. I am happy u know

Is this your phone and how do you install it ? will i lose my Android OS
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:08am On Jul 20, 2013
forget about this thing till October. I just posted it for folks that live on the edge. its not ready.

@muyiscoi. I have no idea. but I suspect they are moving the launch to October and have found oem who can launch a device In October. development has gone so smooth that I'm wondering sef........... its kinda strange to have a dev program go so well.

anyways we will know soon
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:11am On Jul 20, 2013
anyways I follow the dev program closely because I plan to start my own touch spin as soon as its possible cheesy

it's time to take this fanboy thing toa New level
Re: Ubuntu Linux by ciphoenix: 11:19am On Jul 20, 2013
89 days in countdown I think. Can't wait
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Maleeq(m): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
4llerbuntu: Who is the unpatriotic and corrigible element that unstickied this thread.

cheesy
Re: Ubuntu Linux by callmemarcelo: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
am ok with backtrack5R3...ALWAYS BE QUITE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2013
they removed the count down ticker.

Mcheew.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by ciphoenix: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2013
callmemarcelo: am ok with backtrack5R3...ALWAYS BE QUITE

Too much quiet ain't good. Ubuntu is perfectly balanced
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ubuntu edge smartphone croudfunding campaign http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Kennycool1: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hello, good people here, please i need some help as i want to install ubuntu desktop on my acer chrome laptop, i need software and i want some help please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2013
If I'm not mistaken somebody already have you the link to the how to for this .....
What do you want from US?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2013
http://blog.projectz.me/2013/04/28/ubuntu-13-04-raring-to-go-on-acer-c7-chromebook/

http://liliputing.com/2012/11/how-to-install-ubuntu-12-04-on-the-199-acer-c7-chromebook.html

For avoidance of doubts. Note that same shld apply for any newer version of ubuntu.

If in doubt pls type your questions into google. Do not google by proxy through this thread
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DevotedOne(m): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Peace. I've finally installed Ubuntu 12.04, but I find it disappointing. I want my Ubuntu 9.10 back. Also, I changed the settings in the update manager, and had 12.10 installed, but it didn't work, it wouldn't even start. No grub, just a list, of things that failed to load properly. So it's back to 12.04 again. It should be up to date with 603 items downloaded. Why did it fail on 12.10? I suppose I should purchase a copy of 13.04?, and install it instead.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DevotedOne(m): 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Salaam. I'm doing a little better now, I've found what I've been looking for. Mainly, I was interested in knowing what is going on with the partitions, etcetera. I had to go through 'Dash' in alphabetical order to find most things. So, I'm more comfortable with 12.04 now. I'll save Suse 12.1 for another drive I'd purchased recently.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 6:36am On Jul 25, 2013
The new UI (unity) takes some getting used to. Just take some time to explore it and you will start enjoying it in no time!
Re: Ubuntu Linux by DevotedOne(m): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
muyiscoi: The new UI (unity) takes some getting used to. Just take some time to explore it and you will start enjoying it in no time!

I'm not sure that I know what UI (unity) is. Isn't it something for business people? It seems so from what I've read of its description, but I may be mistaken.

Other than that I suspect that I should be looking for some type of security software, as someone is getting into 12.04. Any suggestions, anyone?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dljbd1(m): 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
MEhn...I'm new into Ubuntu world. I hope it would install on my VMbox.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
dl_jbd: MEhn...I'm new into Ubuntu world. I hope it would install on my VMbox.

I don't even know if you're trying to joke or just unintentionally mixed things up. Anyway, to answer your question, yes, Ubuntu will install in VMware or Virtualbox.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dljbd1(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
muyiscoi:

I don't even know if you're trying to joke or just unintentionally mixed things up. Anyway, to answer your question, yes, Ubuntu will install in VMware or Virtualbox.
lolz...sowie bro if my sentence is offensive. I just asked so I can start using it there before I decide to install directly on my PC. BTW, I'm having challenge installing it. It finished installation but I was expecting to see a graphical interface as depicted on the site but all I see is the terminal console. So please, what's next?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:24am On Aug 06, 2013
Open Terminal

apt-get install openvpn

cd /***Folder Containing bla bla Bla.ovpn

Run:

openvpn --config bla bla bla.ovpn

Enter User AUTH

Enter PASS AUTH

Blaze.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2013
dl_jbd:
lolz...sowie bro if my sentence is offensive. I just asked so I can start using it there before I decide to install directly on my PC. BTW, I'm having challenge installing it. It finished installation but I was expecting to see a graphical interface as depicted on the site but all I see is the terminal console. So please, what's next?

Yeah, you should see a graphical interface. There are a number of things that could cause you not to see a graphical interface after installation. Too many to troubleshoot effectively. What I would advice you to do is ensure you are running the latest version virtual box (check on virtualbox.org) and also the latest version of Ubuntu (which is Ubuntu 13.04) and then repeat the installation. If you used VMWare for the first installation, try virtualbox this time around.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Robinson3d: 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
Can someone here please list out to me the different version of Linux operating system?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
Robinson3d: Can someone here please list out to me the different version of Linux operating system?

bros google is your friend, look it up, even we don't know all of them; or you could check out distrowatch.com
Re: Ubuntu Linux by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
what is it with these type of questions on NL sef? i dont get, is this a new form of trolling?

it never used to be like this na.......

i will list them for you if you can list to me the different version of windows operating system
Re: Ubuntu Linux by muyiscoi(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
4llerbuntu: what is it with these type of questions on NL sef? i dont get, is this a new form of trolling?

it never used to be like this na.......

i will list them for you if you can list to me the different version of windows operating system

As in! E tire me o! It will take less keystrokes on google to get answers to certain questions asked on here
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dljbd1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
muyiscoi:

Yeah, you should see a graphical interface. There are a number of things that could cause you not to see a graphical interface after installation. Too many to troubleshoot effectively. What I would advice you to do is ensure you are running the latest version virtual box (check on virtualbox.org) and also the latest version of Ubuntu (which is Ubuntu 13.04) and then repeat the installation. If you used VMWare for the first installation, try virtualbox this time around.
Which bit will work better on the VBox? My should it depend on my Host system cos it's running 64bits.
I'm asking cos I don't want my bundle to waste mehn
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 08, 2013
[size=16pt]make una no vex o, please some one should just guide my to a particular page or region in this thread to get the info./guide to get this operating sysytem on my laptop. or a simple guide pls.[/size]thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by blackweaver(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2013
beatsbug: [size=16pt]make una no vex o, please some one should just guide my to a particular page or region in this thread to get the info./guide to get this operating sysytem on my laptop. or a simple guide pls.[/size]thanks.

are you serious or you're just trying to be funny?
oya tell us, what steps have you tried? posting on nl or any other forum doesn't count

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.