Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,047 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? (58647 Views)

Who Invented The Popular Nigerian Relationship Slogan "Have You Eaten" ??? / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / When A Girl Is Saying No But Her Actions Is Saying Yes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Biim: 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
Some people ask the question because they care,some ask in other to keep the conversation going,for some its just like asking how was your day or night.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
I find it annoying, unless the person had plans of taking me for big old spare ribs grin I'm a happy eater
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by HyconBc: 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
In a situation like this,one can ask this sort of question to know what the girl has eaten mainly because may be the guy just ate sometin nice and wondering what the girl might av eaten...Sometimes i feel sad when i just ate pounded yam @night and my gf tells me she only took moin-moin and tea,she likes it, though i would av wanted her eating what i ate.she asks such question as well,but i do ask often more than she does
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by oyeleyemaureen(m): 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
think so
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by babseg(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2013
Attention seekers would love that question
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I find it annoying, unless the person had plans of taking me for big old spare ribs grin I'm a happy eater

Hmm happy eater indeed lol
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by lafuria1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
preshuzpearl: I so hate that question!!! I wonder why some guys ALWAYs ask that, right after 'how was ur day?' u say fine and the next thing is 'have u eaten?' and it happens in every conversation
another thing, 'hey i was sleeping wen u called, am really really tired' he acts like he's deaf and goes 'wat did u do that u r tired?' did u go out? 'did u stress yourself?' 'when should i call back?' bla bla bla wen he should just say 'oh then, rest well i will call u back' so annoying

thats how u want it, u knw pple are diff. others want the questions to come rolling or else they accuse you of not caring 'so u dont care about how my day went rite, how i got stresed'. i would say ok take a rest, then it will be my turn to answer question of how my day was.......and the conversation continues.....
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by movmentish(m): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Viewing this topic: people that have people that actually care about them.........

See with the kyn anger I dey ba,person wey ask me food matter sef na my enemy
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by dilbert100: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
no. pointless thread.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by dickhardener: 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
preshuzpearl: I so hate that question!!! I wonder why some guys ALWAYs ask that, right after 'how was ur day?' u say fine and the next thing is 'have u eaten?' and it happens in every conversation
another thing, 'hey i was sleeping wen u called, am really really tired' he acts like he's deaf and goes 'wat did u do that u r tired?' did u go out? 'did u stress yourself?' 'when should i call back?' bla bla bla wen he should just say 'oh then, rest well i will call u back' so annoying
u sound like u might be a little rigid and finicky
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by ignis: 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
I did not see any element of care in the question. It's just like asking 'how are you doing?
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by RuthIsaac(f): 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
I see some care in saying that. As for me i can never ask u that question if i dnt love u, or affectionately close 2 u.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by anitank(f): 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hate, hate, hate, hate that question! Especially if its not coming from my man.
I try as much not to show how much I abhor that question which is supposed to show care and concern, but people are beginning to misuse it
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by xxyz17(m): 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Adolak: I love to read females comment. I just dont know why.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by kandiikane(m): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
If I ask when I'm out whether he says yes or no, he'll respond with, "what about you?" Ofcourse, I've not eaten hence asking so you can buy food for us/me to eat.

If na house, then I genuinely care unless food nor dey.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by koolguy88(m): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
why not go and ask the kids down stirs 'Have you eating?" then i know you're caring.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by sleekch1c(f): 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
[quote author=drzed]It is not necessarily caring to ask someone 'have you eaten?'. This question is suitable only for kids. It is almost similar to 'have you brushed your teeth?'; 'have you done your homework?'... etc.

It can be condescending to ask your mates such a question. It is in fact, utterly disrespectful to ask your elders whether they have eaten or not. For your mates and elders therefore, it is polite, respectful and mature to ask them: 'would you like something to eat?' (if you add '...please' at the end, that is even better).

Although both types of questions aim for the same objective (i.e. the assassination of hunger) but the manner of approach or 'how' the question is paraphrased can determine how the person being questioned takes it. For me, anyone younger than me has no right (or reason) to ask me if I have eaten or not. So what if I have eaten? He/she had better ask if I would like something to eat.
Have you eaten? tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Melahou(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
its rily nothin.
jst normal question in a conversation.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by shadrach77: 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
just like this grin grin grin

Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by mimifonwon(f): 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2013
beneff: Hello house, am i the only one trying to really understand what it means when ladies (no matter their distance from u) pop up dis question. Often times when u say 'yes' d next question may be about what u ate and when d answer is 'no or not yet' d next would be 'look for something to eat nah...' dose this actually mean love or just a way of.........

Due to the cultures we come from, not all our families exactly taught in our families how to often say i love you or show care so openly, so for girls, when they talk to you just like they saw their mom speak to others to show care; A girl who cares for your well being and askes whether you have fed or if you are healthy, truly loves or care for you, not all this two kobo i love you words some of these fastfood girls use on some of you men, and you guys just fall yakata for bed...mtchewww... So my dear if you have woman who askes you such questions then know she really cares for you and wants whats best for you. I have asked the questions to people i care for, even ordering food for them while in a whole different state. Its not just a mere saying or progression of question that come with greeting. as african-nigerian well raised girls, we are taught to show feelings through action, usually through food. so there you have it. She cares!! smiley Again maybe for others its a mere question, but for me when i ask it, its to show care, especially when am not there to make the food for ya.

1 Like

Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Revolva(m): 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2013
money-hungry :
me: have you eaten?
girl: no.
me: why?
girl: i want to eat at Mr Biggs.
me: eat a fat d*ck bi*tch!
Haha eat a dick b***tch haha!!!
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by MrHim(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2013
To the government, when will you guys stop eating!!!!! angryn
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 14, 2013

Your shakara is too much... I guess you're in your early twenties right. Keep up ur attitude ehn...It's chics like u that would turn thirty and start being extra nice and overly dumb to plenty guys to hook one up. Girls sha. Someone took time out to call u and u're still forming. Hope u wont beg for such calls soon sha.

1 Like

Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by victorian(f): 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
I honestly hate that phrase... angry for crying out loud, when I was broke and I said av not eaten, the dumb guy will say, well the Lord is your strength.... No be God? angry .... Can u imagine? So annoying... It got to a stage , I angrily told a guy friend of mine to stop... I say STOP, asking if av eaten because during the trying period... U couldn't even change the situation... Pls keep your so called care to yourself..!
Am so angry thinking about it , right now sef angry.... Make I no talk...!
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by Dopefiend(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
ItsModella: what kind of caring is that? ok, I can accept that from my family members and close friends...but not a random person asking me if I've eaten, what the hell is that?

Have you eaten
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by flickyas(f): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
I can never ask anyone if they have eaten unless i care abi wetin concern me if the person eat or starve to death
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by EmmyDe25(m): 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2013
Tashamania: Most times, I see it as a form of keeping a conversation going!

You can't keep asking him/her everyday if he or she has eaten.

Though, it could be showing that you care but that's a minor, really.
Nah... I only say ds to 1 person nd its nt just in a bid to kip d conversation goin.. Its al because i care.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by ibrutex(m): 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
I fink that phrase should be for somebody on sick bed undecidedundecidedwho you try to pasuade to eat lolzzzzzzzzzz

I lov wen ma babe ask me d phrase grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by osasdiddy: 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
It depend on the scenario but Personally, i regard it as being caring because I discover due to the demands of my work, I skip meals and hardly eat. So as a way to ensure that I don't go on empty stomach, she always ask. In the context, I do regard it as being caring among other cares.
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by odume10: 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
osasdiddy: It depend on the scenario but Personally, i regard it as being caring because I discover due to the demands of my work, I skip meals and hardly eat. So as a way to ensure that I don't go on empty stomach, she always ask. In the context, I do regard it as being caring among other cares.
Bro ...what now happens if more than one 'she' asks u dis question? Wld u regard all 'em as care?
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by odume10: 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
victorian: I honestly hate that phrase... angry for crying out loud, when I was broke and I said av not eaten, the dumb guy will say, well the Lord is your strength.... No be God? angry .... Can u imagine? So annoying... It got to a stage , I angrily told a guy friend of mine to stop... I say STOP, asking if av eaten because during the trying period... U couldn't even change the situation... Pls keep your so called care to yourself..!
Am so angry thinking about it , right now sef angry.... Make I no talk...!
Maybe no that u ar 'not broke' u may not even ve time to eat...lol, u know idle ppl or minds remember food too often. just saying
Re: Is Saying "Have You Eaten?" Caring? by hopeuba(f): 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
it is not everybody that calls you on phone that asks u if u have eaten or not, for a person to have asked it shows he or she cares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Body Builder Working Out Causes A Stir Online (Photos) / A Married Female Friend Asked Me Out Today / Nigerian Ladies: 1961 Versus 2016 (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.