Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads (7508 Views)

5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!! / Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

maybe, maybe not. but truth be said, there are uncountable reasons to judge not only xtianity but other contemporary religions in the world today.
well thats ur cup of tea, for us every opportunity is to share the knowledge of Christ.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
christemmbassey: wrong, its in my bible, acts of the apostles.

can you give chapter & verse plz, i'd like to learn.
NB: i read to learn, so don't get it twisted. Am a staunch Atheist.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by akagaba(f): 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
anthonypeters: Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity...........
It is a shameful thing that people who call themselves Christians indulge in foolish and senseless arguments with FOOLS. All atheists are fools! I repeat, all atheists are fools! Come out from among them and be ye seperate! that is the word of God. Both their arguments, questions, suggestions, partaining what you believe as a Christian should not even be looked at, you only glance through them.
But shun profane and vain babblings for they shall increase to more ungodliness. And their word will eat as doth a canker..... (2nd Timothy 2:16-17).
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes....... 2nd Timothy 2:23.
You can all bear witness to the fact that most atheists especially those of them are babblers, always asking foolish questions, and to my greatest surprise I see Christians responding to such questions..... What a pity!
Christians please its time to get back to God through the Bible and our strongest weapon weapon which is prayer, not time for debates and arguments with FOOLS.
You can only secretely pray for the conversion of atheists when you pray, and perharps, if they come to realise and utilise Gods grace or repentance and Salvation, it shall be well with their souls.
Only a FOOL say, there is no God. All atheists know that God exists, somewhere in the depth of their heart they know that their is a supreme being that made them and the world h live, they all know that but they prefer to give their souls over to the devil, making fools out of themselves, making pride their own god. If you are an atheist reading this now, I would be the last human to tell you to acknowledge God or to believe that God exists, or try to conveince you to believe in God, God does not need you to acknowledge Him, even the dry stones know within themselves that there is God, so keep wallowing and gallivanting in your pride. See I come quickly with my reward to give every man according to his works!
If you are a Christian, let today be the last day you will answer a foolish question from an atheist. I tell you of a truth atheist are popular here because Christians made them so. Should Christians mind their time and business, Atheists in this place will disappear likely the satanists too.
I had this friend of mine who used to ask me foolish questions via tje sms, questions about the rapture, Christs second coming and other related things, the funniest part is that he will never ask such questions via voice call even when I call him back. I tried the much I can humanly and by the the grace of God to enlighten Him the much I could and gave him phone numbers of people he will call if he wanted more answers, but he never wanted to know the truth, he preferred his own philosophy and logic, he kept on arguing. What more can I do than to allow him? But he kept sending some foolish sms to my phone, and then I remembered 2nd Timothy 2.23, then I NEVER answered any of his again. After some days, he stoppd sending things like that to my phone.
Human philosophy and logic will never explain the word. The word of God itself is a two edged sword, it can give abundant life, it can also bring judgment.
I think a word should be enough,
God bless you!
My brother, May God bles u in abundance, may ur days be long on earth, may u hav wateva ur hart desir in this life. God bles u 4ths truth. Pls whch church do u attend pls cus im just in love wit ur post? U ar d best ive eva come acros in NL. If we hav 3 of u here then we cud hav changed ths site 2smthng else. I thot i was d only one dat knew dat al thos xtians who indulge in thes vain toks& arquments wit thes atheists ar equaly fo0ls. Infact, they ar mo foolish than d atheists, peopl who lack d word and d spirit of God, peopl who work by their own dull minds and thnk they ar smart, peopl wit no direction and mission in life, peopl who waste time in vain thngs, people whos heads ar remote controled by mundane and insane thngs. Bros, thanks 4ur post. Chuck knuckes. God bles u. Lets kip ignorin thos fo0ls.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by akagaba(f): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
anthonypeters: Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity...........
It is a shameful thing that people who call themselves Christians indulge in foolish and senseless arguments with FOOLS. All atheists are fools! I repeat, all atheists are fools! Come out from among them and be ye seperate! that is the word of God. Both their arguments, questions, suggestions, partaining what you believe as a Christian should not even be looked at, you only glance through them.
But shun profane and vain babblings for they shall increase to more ungodliness. And their word will eat as doth a canker..... (2nd Timothy 2:16-17).
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes....... 2nd Timothy 2:23.
You can all bear witness to the fact that most atheists especially those of them are babblers, always asking foolish questions, and to my greatest surprise I see Christians responding to such questions..... What a pity!
Christians please its time to get back to God through the Bible and our strongest weapon weapon which is prayer, not time for debates and arguments with FOOLS.
You can only secretely pray for the conversion of atheists when you pray, and perharps, if they come to realise and utilise Gods grace or repentance and Salvation, it shall be well with their souls.
Only a FOOL say, there is no God. All atheists know that God exists, somewhere in the depth of their heart they know that their is a supreme being that made them and the world h live, they all know that but they prefer to give their souls over to the devil, making fools out of themselves, making pride their own god. If you are an atheist reading this now, I would be the last human to tell you to acknowledge God or to believe that God exists, or try to conveince you to believe in God, God does not need you to acknowledge Him, even the dry stones know within themselves that there is God, so keep wallowing and gallivanting in your pride. See I come quickly with my reward to give every man according to his works!
If you are a Christian, let today be the last day you will answer a foolish question from an atheist. I tell you of a truth atheist are popular here because Christians made them so. Should Christians mind their time and business, Atheists in this place will disappear likely the satanists too.
I had this friend of mine who used to ask me foolish questions via tje sms, questions about the rapture, Christs second coming and other related things, the funniest part is that he will never ask such questions via voice call even when I call him back. I tried the much I can humanly and by the the grace of God to enlighten Him the much I could and gave him phone numbers of people he will call if he wanted more answers, but he never wanted to know the truth, he preferred his own philosophy and logic, he kept on arguing. What more can I do than to allow him? But he kept sending some foolish sms to my phone, and then I remembered 2nd Timothy 2.23, then I NEVER answered any of his again. After some days, he stoppd sending things like that to my phone.
Human philosophy and logic will never explain the word. The word of God itself is a two edged sword, it can give abundant life, it can also bring judgment.
I think a word should be enough,
God bless you!
My brother, May God bles u in abundance, may ur days be long on earth, may u hav wateva ur hart desir in this life. God bles u 4ths truth. Pls whch church do u attend pls cus im just in love wit ur post? U ar d best ive eva come acros in NL. If we hav 3 of u here then we cud hav changed ths site 2smthng else. I thot i was d only one dat knew dat al thos xtians who indulge in thes vain toks& arquments wit thes atheists ar equaly fo0ls. Infact, they ar mo foolish than dey thnk, peopl who lack d word and d spirit of God, peopl who work by their own dull minds and thnk they ar smart, peopl wit no direction and mission in life, peopl who waste time in vain thngs, people whos heads ar remote controled by mundane and insane thngs. Bros, thanks 4ur post. Chuck knuckes. God bles u. Lets kip ignorin thos fo0ls.

1 Like

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Stalwert: 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
grin a thread calling for ignoring the heathens suddenly turned to a thread engaging them, lol

Any case one simple way you christians can prove to them, that they are actually fools according to the bible, is by practicing SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER FOR A FOOL!!! Any case that it proves that they are fools by using a principle that is non biblical!

Thank me later send me some tithe money grin grin grin
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

still waiting! did you forget yr bible at home, or are you contacting someone??
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
akagaba: My brother, May God bles u in abundance, may ur days be long on earth, may u hav wateva ur hart desir in this life. God bles u 4ths truth. Pls whch church do u attend pls cus im just in love wit ur post? U ar d best ive eva come acros in NL. If we hav 3 of u here then we cud hav changed ths site 2smthng else. I thot i was d only one dat knew dat al thos xtians who indulge in thes vain toks& arquments wit thes atheists ar equaly fo0ls. Infact, they ar mo foolish than dey thnk, peopl who lack d word and d spirit of God, peopl who work by their own dull minds and thnk they ar smart, peopl wit no direction and mission in life, peopl who waste time in vain thngs, people whos heads ar remote controled by mundane and insane thngs. Bros, thanks 4ur post. Chuck knuckes. God bles u. Lets kip ignorin thos fo0ls.
sister have u read Titus3:2-5, 2tim2:24-26, plz These are Gods creations. We will not argue with them but we must preach to them. Remain blessed
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
Stalwert: grin a thread calling for ignoring the heathens suddenly turned to a thread engaging them, lol

Any case one simple way you christians can prove to them, that they are actually fools according to the bible, is by practicing SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER FOR A FOOL!!! Any case that it proves that they are fools by using a principle that is non biblical!

Thank me later send me some tithe money grin grin grin
it was a question that needed sugestions from christians however the atheists jumped in for obvious reasons.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

still waiting! did you forget yr bible at home, or are you contacting someone??
primary school stuffs, Jn 3:16, if dont know this, u dont know the bible. 2. 1jn£:11-13., Rome8:2,
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 1:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

Rome5:17-22(note very well 22), Rome6:4,and v11, 2cor3:6,, gal2:20, gal3:27-and Christ is the way, the truth and the LIFE: JN 14:6, 2Tim1:9-10, jn10:10,, i pray God gives you understanding.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
christemmbassey: primary school stuffs, Jn 3:16, if dont know this, u dont know the bible. 2. 1jn£:11-13., Rome8:2,

i thought you said act of apostle. anyway, bible doesn't obviously mean what it said, it means what the preacher thinks. i just discussed the same issue with a friend( a born again xtian) and guess what? he gave me a completely different explanation. i just pretended i understood him because he told me he was busy in office.
anyway, as you people read and believe ancient persian stories and waiting for a 2000yrs ago dead man to appear in the sky, I humbly stick to my Atheism.
One love..
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Heatblast(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
Epic Coments on this thread from the atheists/agnostics are part of the reasons why I visit this relegion section often cool

Gives me a break from the mor.ons that abound in the real world angry

@topic; you can ignore us all you want, but we'll always interupt you guys(religious people) from spreading your lies, asumptions, fairytales and stup.dity to the unsuspecting nairaland member/guest. wink

2 Likes

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by cyrexx: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
Heatblast: Epic Coments on this thread from the atheists/agnostics are part of the reasons why I visit this relegion section often cool

@topic; you can ignore us all you want, but we'll always interupt you guys(religious people) from spreading your lies, asumptions, fairytales and stup.dity to the unsuspecting nairaland member/guest. wink

well done, fellow soldier.

We are the super duper atheist.

And we will debunk their religious myths and hammer their imaginary gods

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
Heatblast: Epic Coments on this thread from the atheists/agnostics are part of the reasons why I visit this relegion section often cool

posts here even from atheists sugest that u guys have the proclivity to commit suicide, therefor we should not ignore you. Who knows, some of you might change and embrace Christ. It has happen b4 in Nl.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
cyrexx:

well done, fellow soldier.

We are the super duper atheist.

And we will debunk religious myths and hammer their imaginary gods
run away soldier, ur back, welcome, whats up, moving to and fro looking 4 who to devour?,
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
christemmbassey: posts here even from atheists sugest that u guys have the proclivity to commit suicide, therefor we should not ignore you. Who knows, some of you might change and embrace Christ. It has happen b4 in Nl.

which christ? christ uba? christ okotie or christ oyakihlome?
my dear, visibility evidences show that people who shook themselves off the dust of religion never go back. maybe you are still living by the norm you were spoon-fed with as a kid and your environment makes it hard for you to see beyond the dark fence of religion. believe me, nigerian version of religion is totally absurd. NB:the people that brought religion here has moved on.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

there are quacks everyway o even in atheism, eg. 991
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

which christ? christ uba? christ okotie or christ oyakihlome?
my dear, visibility evidences show that people who shook themselves off the dust of religion never go back. maybe you are still living by the norm you were spoon-fed with as a kid and your environment makes it hard for you to see beyond the dark fence of religion. believe me, nigerian version of religion is totally absurd. NB:the people that brought religion here has moved on.
the ussual atheistic babling, you and i know the CHRIST we are talking about, why is it that when atheists are boxed into a conner they play deaf and dumb or buhari? An atheist here in Nl surendered to Jesus Christ. Cmon dont be an atheist(a fool) no offense plz
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
@991: the ppl t reffer to first name is Christopher, but they shorten it to Chris. See what atheism has done to you , you better come out b4 its late, am warnim u o!
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
@991: the ppl you reffer to first name is Christopher, but they shorten it to Chris. See what atheism has done to you , you better come out b4 its too late, am warning u o!
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
christemmbassey: there are quacks everyway o even in atheism, eg. 991

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin u no go kill me wit laugh
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2013
christemmbassey: @991: the ppl you reffer to first name is Christopher, but they shorten it to Chris. See what atheism has done to you , you better come out b4 its too late, am warning u o!

ok, let's assume you made me come out, I still will never believe that 5000 people ate 5 loafs of bread and two fish, they were all belly-filled and there was 12 basket of fish and bread left over. SMH! one must be high on alcohol to believe that story. even my dog would bark at me if i say that aloud.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
christemmbassey: how do you feel when you talk to an atheist as the bible says only FOOLS say in their heart, 'there is no God', personally i feel am talking to fools. No offense plz.

I have said it times with out number that the bible is bullshit.

Some of the reason to show the bible is bullshit are shown below:

1. Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

2. Deuteronomy 22:20-21 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

3. Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

4. Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

5. Deuteronomy 20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

6. Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.

7. Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

8. Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

9. 1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

10. Leviticus 25:44-45 Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Religious people also refuse to pause for a second and think about the objectivity in all the brainwashing they've had from birth. An open mind will definitely help you to ask some reasonable question about your faith which will be the beginning of your path to freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LPwA7FRZ4
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 9:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

ok, let's assume you made me come out, I still will never believe that 5000 people ate 5 loafs of bread and two fish, they were all belly-filled and there was 12 basket of fish and bread left over. SMH! one must be high on alcohol to believe that story. even my dog would bark at me if i say that aloud.
and he even gave them water and called it wine when they tasted it , it was wine, which kind man be this? a canal man can not understand the things of the spirit because they spiritually decerned. I told you that Christianity can only be experienced
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

I have said it times with out number that the bible is bullshit.

Some of the reason to show the bible is bullshit are shown below:

1. Leviticus 20:9 If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

2. Deuteronomy 22:20-21 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

3. Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

4. Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

5. Deuteronomy 20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.

6. Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.

7. Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

8. Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

9. 1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

10. Leviticus 25:44-45 Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.

who be this? Pls read the whole thread b4 u make an atheist(f) of urself
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

if you meet the guy who pulled d stunt, you will believe, just like Thomas, who said, "unless i see him......i will not believe.'
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
991:

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
991::

although I do not share your atheism (i am VERY MUCH so pro-MONOtheism *pops collar* cool grin)
I agree that many religious folks are delusional.

They fail to realize (like many atheists do for that matter) that the bible is full of METAPHORS that over the years have been both purposefully and mistakenly taken literally.

For example that post above basically means from my perspective, that jesus used what little he had to help feed the masses not just physically but mentally. back then fish and bread (next to water) was a major source of life. So it could mean anything from physical meals, to mental/philosophical enrichment and etc.

It's kind of like how we say "next best thing since a slice of bread". Today a slice of bread means nothing for many who prefer steak tongue lol but it came from the idea that bread represented life at one point.

their delusions as a result of horrible translation, misinformation and literal interpretations of things that weren't really as they claim doesn't stop there.

it's kind of the like moses "splitting the red sea" story. first of all in reality moses did not cross the red sea grin anyone who knows geography knows in order to get to jerusalem you don't even need to touch that body of water. You could simply cross the Suez Canal region and go via the "straight" into the Arab peninsula and voila! tongue

But the point is the red sea was viewed as "mighty".

>>> A giver and taker of Life. Rich & UNIQUE. A God given gift.

This was what they compared the "mightY Egypt" to. So from my point of view (which seems logical than taking it literal), armed with "just his staff/stick/cane", an elderly Moses was able to split the "red sea" (Egyptian Empire) into two, when he went on his cruisade to free the slaves".

This means some of Egypt was for it and others against it.

By claiming that the "waves crashed down on the pharaoh and his soldiers" it simply means that Ramses' own pride, oppressive nature, flawed perspective and bigger than life attitude as a "son of mighty egypt" lead to his, his followers', and the beginning of Egypt's downfall. Not that the Red Sea, which was literally split into two, crashed onto them right as the "Jews" crossed safely. grin

You have some people who swear this is literally what happened! grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjJi6mu_Rg0

grown folks too!! grin grin

You atheists are no different at the same time. You scream "we are all about logic and facts" but use literal interpretations to fight their "delusions". tongue That makes absolutely NO sense to me what so ever.

1 Like

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
christemmbassey: who be this? Pls read the whole thread b4 u make an atheist(f) of urself

I am an Agnostic Atheist!
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:

although I do not share your atheism (i am VERY MUCH so pro-MONOtheism *pops collar* cool grin)
I agree that many religious folks are delusional.

They fail to realize (like many atheists do for that matter) that the bible is full of METAPHORS that over the years have been both purposefully and mistakenly taken literally.

For example that post above basically means from my perspective, that jesus used what little he had to help feed the masses not just physically but mentally. back ten fish and bread, next to water, was a major source of life. so it could mean anything. it's kind of like how we say "next best thing since a slice of bread". Today a slice of bread means nothing for many who prefer steak tongue but it came from the idea that bread represented life at one point.

kind of like moses "splitting the red sea". first of all in reality moses did not cross the red sea grin anyone who knows geography knows in order to get to jerusalem you don't even need to touch that body of water. You could simply cross the Suez Canal and go via the "straight" into the Arab peninsula and voila! tongue

But the point is the red sea was viewed as "mighty".

>>>A giver and taker of Life. A God given gift.

This was what they compared the "mightY Egypt" to. So from my point of view (which seems logical than taking it literal), armed with "just his staff/stick/cane", an elderly Moses was able to split the "red sea" (Egyptian Empire) into two, when he went on his cruisade to free the slaves".

This means some of Egypt was for it and others against it.

By claiming that the "waves crashed down on the pharaoh and his soldiers" it simply means that Ramses' own pride, oppressive nature, flawed perspective and bigger than life attitude as a "son of mighty egypt" lead to his, his followers', and the beginning of Egypt's downfall. Not that the Red Sea, which was literally split into two, crashed onto them right as the "Jews" crossed safely. grin

You have some people who swear this is literally what happened! grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjJi6mu_Rg0

grown folks too!! grin grin

You atheists are no different at the same time. You scream "we are all about logic and facts" but use literal interpretations to fight their "delusions". tongue That makes absolutely NO sense to me what so ever.

You are even more foolish than the delusional theists who take the bible literally. Why? Because in your attempt to act like the miraculous parts of the bible are only metaphorical, you have succeeded in reducing majority of the book to a story with very little literal parts.

Question is, with which standard do you separate the metaphorical from the literal because the early writers of the book were actually literal readers of the book.

2 Likes

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
^^even if i agreed with you,
you'd disagree because you're still upset I won't debate your misinformed azz about slavery.
You fight facts which have been proven too many times and expect me to agree to conversation of any kind with you? FOH!!

Anybody else, but this guy. kiss
Please feel free to counter, agree with and ask me any questions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Love Making In Dream / Fake Pastors Exposed! / 8 Reasons You Should Not Miss The Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.