Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads (7507 Views)

5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!! / Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 10, 2013
@christemmbassey.....continues... the Anakims are the giants of the old, humans were like grasshoppers in there eyes. after the genetic pro-creation, they bred/compulated with earth habitats/females and gave birth to human like giants, the human like giants are the sons of the Anun/Anakim/Anunnaki/etc. Genesis 6:1-4
anyway am not here to lecture you or to claim i too know but believe it or not, the bible has been rewritten countless times to suit the purpose of man-made organised religion and just as Kails said, it doesn't mean what it says.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2013
2good:

I quoted biblical verses for you to comment on but you tactically avoided each of those biblical verses because they confirmed that the bible you always quote from is senseless. Any book that contradict itself is a fake.
am a christian not a jew
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 9:35am On Jan 10, 2013
991: @christemmbassey.....continues... the Anakims are the giants of the old, humans were like grasshoppers in there eyes. after the genetic pro-creation, they bred/compulated with earth habitats/females and gave birth to human like giants, the human like giants are the sons of the Anun/Anakim/Anunnaki/etc. Genesis 6:1-4
anyway am not here to lecture you or to claim i too know but believe it or not, the bible has been rewritten countless times to suit the purpose of man-made organised religion and just as Kails said, it doesn't mean what it says.
what's ur point?
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: am a christian not a jew

But 991 is making a good point, i just read the bible verse he mentioned and it said a similar thing, though my bible called them the nephilim, i think we as christains should know all these so we can teach the atheist and not them teaching us.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 9:39am On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: am a christian not a jew

If you claim the old testament is defunct and out of date, then stop quoting Abraham and other Jewish prophets. Jesus himself was a Jew and lived his life according to the Jewish traditions. Also tell Christendom to remove all books of the old testament from the bible if you still want to stand by your claims.

Now coming to the new testament, can you please explain why you have this verse there and also educate me on what your god is trying to say here?

"1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: what's ur point?

exactly the question i expect you to ask, 'cos i know my points would be strange to any typical nigerian church goer. especially those living by the charismatic norms of nigerian pastors.
don't be offended, what else do you know about religion in general? apart from what your pastor teaches.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2013
@2good: ppl quoted 100s of years ago, where are they? Very soon you will be gone and ur children will continue the quoting and bablings yet the bible will remain. Guy its a 'programmed failure'
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 9:49am On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: @2good: ppl quoted 100s of years ago, where are they? Very soon you will be gone and ur children will continue the quoting and bablings yet the bible will remain. Guy its a 'programmed failure'

Its a pity that people refused to use their brain to reason. So because people before you have recited from the bible, you will just follow them because its a societal norm? If you cant defend the book you are making noise about, then stop forcing your opinion on others.

You have a brain, so use it!
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: @2good: ppl quoted 100s of years ago, where are they? Very soon you will be gone and ur children will continue the quoting and bablings yet the bible will remain. Guy its a 'programmed failure'

..no offense...=> you probably have not traveled out of the shores of nigeria, have you? in western world, the new generation are getting less interested in religion & bible. parents in some countries prefer their children to be taught ethics and not religion. in fact, from the global view of things, the bible and its contents are gradually being less important in the lives of people. religion still flourish in nigeria because of the gullibility of moronic followers and the wise ones are making millions weekly out of people's ignorance.

NB: I thought you were someone to debate, argue and learn with, where are your ideas and religious knowledge? share them and stop attacking people. if have run out of religious knowledge/idea then thread closed.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2013
991:

..no offense...=> you probably have not traveled out of the shores of nigeria, have you? in western world, the new generation are getting less interested in religion & bible. parents in some countries prefer their children to be taught ethics and not religion. in fact, from the global view of things, the bible and its contents are gradually being less important in the lives of people. religion still flourish in nigeria because of the gullibility of moronic followers and the wise ones are making millions weekly out of people's ignorance.

I just didn't want to raise the issue on your quote that is bolded. Many people in Nigeria don't understand how the world works that is why they reason the way they do. America is the only majorly religious western country but alot of young people are turning away from religion and so i expect America to be like Europe in 40-50 years time.
Most Africans just accept things without using their brain to reason that is why people are too superstitious there.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2013
991:

NB: I thought you were someone to debate, argue and learn with, where are your ideas and religious knowledge? share them and stop attacking people. if have run out of religious knowledge/idea then thread closed.
today the world is a global village, we all know each other and what soever is happening in respective locations in split seconds. That why we're having this live disbusions. Having said that, now if u know history you will agree that we have a point in tine where a particular geographical area leads in certain endeavours of humanity, eg in science/tech/industry, politics, religion etc. Just like in the days of Egypt,Babylon, Romans, Europe, America now Asia etc.. Today Africa leads in the area of religion and morals, we are teaching the world that its against nature, logic, reasoning etc for a man to be intimate/marry a man likewise women and so many things. And u guys accepts all these nonsense because u ve been to England or America and you think that makes u better exposed? When a church host a programme in Nigeria, check out all them oyinbo will spawn the entire place, so you guys are more inteligent than all the white ppl that scramble to naija at the slitest notice, now lets talk.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 10, 2013
Let me guess christembarrassing's reply: the Bible predicted it.. Lol..
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 10, 2013
musKeeto: Let me guess christembarrassing's reply: the Bible predicted it.. Lol..

grin grin grin
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 11:10am On Jan 10, 2013
Sky2012:

But 991 is making a good point, i just read the bible verse he mentioned and it said a similar thing, though my bible called them the nephilim, i think we as christains should know all these so we can teach the atheist and not them teaching us.
if you read his ealier posts on the issue, you will understand why i asked him to clearify not that i dont about Anak.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 11:28am On Jan 10, 2013
991:

Brother, I just kept quiet because I only argue to learn and not to fight! my guy Logic & Kails are taking this fight to the street which am not in support of, hence my silence.
if you conclude am a fake atheist, well that's ur opinion. But to be honest i was a good practicing xtian before i left religion. if must know, i was dismissed from a seminary school yrs ago while i was studying theology. long story sha but my dear, the fact remains that God(if you know what god means) has absolutely nothing to do with organized Religion. organized religion is 100% Man-Made, God on the other hand is not that picture of an old man people carry around.Both written and unwritten history has it that from time unmemorable, people had worshiped uncountable gods & goddesses, as a matter of fact, every culture that has existed on this planet has a story/history of their own gods/goddesses. One of the most mind-awakening history is the summerien civilization, somewhere around today's Iraq. The summerien text which outdated the bible & koran is believed by many scholars as the original script from where many parts of the old testament and koran was extracted from.
In western world where i spent a little bit of my adult life in, the debate is no onger whether jesus is coming back or not; the debate is now whether homo sapiens(ancestors) were created through genetic pro creation by the Anunnakis. am sure you never heard of the word Anunnaki. it is also called Annu/ Annun/ Annakim/ etc. you can find it randomly in the books of genesis, exodus, Leviticus, number and few other i cant remember.
its in the bible and u claimed i ve not heard of. Plz
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2013
musKeeto: Let me guess christembarrassing's reply: the Bible predicted it.. Lol..
muskeeto where were u when we had operation atheists storm? Ask 991, it was fun.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 11:41am On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: its in the bible and u claimed i ve not heard of. Plz

You just read it that is your reason for not responding since. Accept ignorance and learn.

2 Likes

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 10, 2013
i left this thread when it was 1 page only, am so surprised to come back and meet the 5th page. any way shall, it's obvious the ignore thing is not working for the theists. but to be honest, even a pastor would learn a lot from the points made by both the theists and the atheists. for me, one strange thing i heard here is that 'christianity is not a religion' though the OP didn't elaborate/clarify his explanations, because not all christians would agree to that.

@OP i bet you other christians wouldnt agree to the bolded
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by UyiIredia(m): 11:56am On Jan 10, 2013
I won't ignore them. However I'm sure they're wrong about God's existence. The problem which I note is the validity of Christianity.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 10, 2013
Dr. Joe:
i left this thread when it was 1 page only, am so surprised to come back and meet the 5th page. any way shall, it's obvious the ignore thing is not working for the theists. but to be honest, even a pastor would learn a lot from the points made by both the theists and the atheists. for me, one strange thing i heard here is that 'christianity is not a religion' though the OP didn't elaborate/clarify his explanations, because not all christians would agree to that.

@OP i bet you other christians wouldnt agree to the bolded

welcome back Joe, the OP said that 'christianity is a life of love we live to god'
believe me i tried hard to understand the meaning in that sentence even more than the OP because i know he heard that from a pastor, but if we go by the meaning, that means the world is yet to produce/discover a single christian alive.
my Point: if god exits, no one dead/alive not even in any of the world's religions is living a life of love to him/her/it. what i see in the world of religion especially xtianity today is:--- Minions(morons) pray and donate their money,,,while Hades(wise ones on suit) prognosticate to them and make their millions, hence churches everywhere.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I won't ignore them. However I'm sure they're wrong about God's existence. The problem which I note is the validity of Christianity.
Not only Christianity, its brother too.. Amongst numerous others...

1 Like

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I won't ignore them. However I'm sure they're wrong about God's existence. The problem which I note is the validity of Christianity.
you can only know whether something is valid or not if you know what lt
is. Now what is christianity?
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
Stalwert: Lol grin everybody is gradually coming to the realization that "logi"cboy is daft if not, how does one stating the Nigerian constitution is rooted in the bible means the person is a christian? I have heard muslims say parts of the Nigerian constitution actually carries biblical influence and themes, yet in "logic"boy (un)intelligence this means they too are christians! Haba a person is a christian if the person says he/she is, you don't need to to fit in puzzles to determine such! And Kalis nice a*s kicking, he probably go need a barrel of rum to get over it. grin grin grin

Funny how you didnt make the claim yourself.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by UyiIredia(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: you can only know whether something is valid or not if you know what lt
is. Now what is christianity?

Christianity is a religion which is framed around the person of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
from what i understand, atheists seems to be more educated and enlightened ones, sometimes i doubt if they are nigerians because i hardly see such people on the streets. am a christain and am not trying to become an atheist but i always like to read their posts. the sound more enlightened and educated in things of life than we religious people. anyway, i pray that God brings them back to so they can use their brain and work for God.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Christianity is a religion which is framed around the person of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible.

Thank you Mr. Uyi. People go to church, allow pastors to brainwash them and say rubbish in the public without using their own brain to sieve the nonsense out and accept only the reasonable part of church teachings. English language was developed by the English people not your illiterate pastors. So don't try to redefine a language in order to just satisfy your believe.

1 Like

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
2good:

Thank you Mr. Uyi. People go to church, allow pastors to brainwash them and say rubbish in the public without using their own brain to sieve the nonsense out and accept only the reasonable part of church teachings. English language was developed by the English people not your illiterate pastors. So don't try to redefine a language in order to just satisfy your believe.

@2good, you just sound too good. grin grin
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sky2012: from what i understand, atheists seems to be more educated and enlightened ones, sometimes i doubt if they are nigerians because i hardly see such people on the streets. am a Christian and am not trying to become an atheist but i always like to read their posts. the sound more enlightened and educated in things of life than we religious people. anyway, i pray that God brings them back to so they can use their brain and work for God.

lol bro. You are really funny. When I stopped going to church, I didn't see anybody that reason like me for 3 years until I got into UNILAG to study Engineering. It takes guts to have an opinion different from the general public. Alot of people are against religion but are really afraid to challenge the status quo in the public.
Besides challenging religion, I have always been challenging alot of irrational traditional practices in Nigeria and hate an answer which says, "it is done that way because that it is our culture". Everything you do should have a reason.
People should always review their systems in order to select the practices that improves their life and discard ancient practices that makes them not to develop as a people. The unfortunate thing is only few people reason straight and alot of time you'll discover that people are just not ready for change. They want to remain locked in their ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
991:

welcome back Joe, the OP said that 'christianity is a life of love we live to god'
believe me i tried hard to understand the meaning in that sentence even more than the OP because i know he heard that from a pastor, but if we go by the meaning, that means the world is yet to produce/discover a single christian alive.
my Point: if god exits, no one dead/alive not even in any of the world's religions is living a life of love to him/her/it. what i see in the world of religion especially xtianity today is:--- Minions(morons) pray and donate their money,,,while Hades(wise ones on suit) prognosticate to them and make their millions, hence churches everywhere.
you will only see what u want to see. When one person who claim to be from ur village steals, all of you are thieves eh? Look the problems with the atheists is their proclivity to throw away the baby with the bath(bad) water, ive said even in atheism we have pretenders. So it is wrong for u to use thieves to judge christianity. If u are smart u will know that christianity means followers of Christ or more apropriatly Christ-like ppl, you ve read the bible, now tell me where Jesus asked ppl to sow seeds b4 he heal them? Jesus doesnt know these scammers o Pls read Mat7:22,The bible even help us in so many portions to identify these chalatans eg "by their fruites ye shall know them". But when u see some one tryiog to suvive in a dificult terain like Nig with the bible u shout Christianity.Thats how objective and logical u guys are.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: you will only see what u want to see. When one person who claim to be from ur village steals, all of you are thieves eh? Look the problems with the atheists is their proclivity to throw away the baby with the bath(bad) water, ive said even in atheism we have pretenders. So it is wrong for u to use thieves to judge christianity. If u are smart u will know that christianity means followers of Christ or more apropriatly Christ-like ppl, you ve read the bible, now tell me where Jesus asked ppl to sow seeds b4 he heal them? Jesus doesnt know these scammers o Pls read Mat7:22,The bible even help us in so many portions to identify these chalatans eg "by their fruites ye shall know them". But when u see some one tryiog to suvive in a dificult terain like Nig with the bible u shout Christianity.Thats how objective and logical u guys are.

Atheism is about the existence of god first not religion. Religion comes in when people start doing things in the name of god that may not even exist.

Of course, it is useless to lump all christians together- many atheists even come from christian families.

However, yor bble is there for all of us to see and judge. The bible is evil and wicked despite the few moral codes that it has.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Heatblast(m): 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
@2good... I too studied engineering @ unilag lipsrsealed ... But till date, I've never seen anyone like me.. Even in my work place... They're all just brainwashed zombies(xtain and muslim alike).

1 Like

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

40/100, not a religion and christians follows the TEACHINGS of JESUS as its written in the bible. (note the cap) there is a religion in the bible, it is called-JUDAISM, next!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) / Love Making In Dream / Fake Pastors Exposed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.