Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads (7509 Views)

5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! / Anti-christian And Anti-religious Memes!!! / Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

I am an Agnostic Atheist!

oh ok. so you are neither for or against the idea of a God basically
as agnostic means you believe God's existence cannot be proven or disproved.

interesting.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:
^^even if i agreed with you,
you'd disagree because you're still upset I won't debate your misinformed azz about slavery.
You fight facts which have been proven too many times and expect me to agree to conversation of any kind with you? FOH!!

Anybody else, but this guy. kiss
Please feel free to counter, agree with and ask me any questions.

Typical ghetto housewife/hoodrat mentality; bringing out irrelevant, old arguments into a different discussion.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
typical azztard....following someone around and using ad hominem attacks when called out.

do us all a favor &...

begone.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:

oh ok. so you are neither for or against the idea of a God basically
as agnostic means you believe God's existence cannot be proven or disproved.

interesting.

I am an Atheist with respect to all the existing gods out there including Jesus. Yahweh and Allah. I am sure that every one of those gods are man made but since I cant disprove the possibility of the existence of a god, I am also an agnostic in that regard.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

I am an Atheist with respect to all the existing gods out there including Jesus. Yahweh and Allah. I am sure that every one of those gods are man made but since I cant disprove the possibility of the existence of a god, so I am also an agnostic in that regard.

I can respect that. smiley

I think you and I are kind of the same but we side on opposite teams.
While I can't point him out and physically prove he exists, I do believe there is a divine entity out there. kiss
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:
^^even if i agreed with you,
you'd disagree because you're still upset I won't debate your misinformed azz about slavery.
You fight facts which have been proven too many times and expect me to agree to conversation of any kind with you? FOH!!

Anybody else, but this guy. kiss
Please feel free to counter, agree with and ask me any questions.

But Logicboy asked you a very valid question which I will post again.

"Question is, with which standard do you separate the metaphorical from the literal because the early writers of the book were actually literal readers of the book?"

Could you try and address the question rather than getting angry?

1 Like

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

"Question is, with which standard do you separate the metaphorical from the literal because the early writers of the book were actually literal readers of the book?"

Kalis kiss kiss
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

im not angry.
im just not about to quench the thirst of anyone trying to continue issues they have had with me. that's all.

but to answer the question.
people in the ancient days were NOT LITERAL!
From greek mythology to African proverbs, metaphorical sayings or stories were the most common ways to pass and get a message. The entire bible is full of these.

it's up to us to get the point, moral, lesson and go from there.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:

im not angry.
im just not about to quench the thirst of anyone trying to continue issues they have had with me. that's all. I've been there and not interested.

So you cannot answer the question. Don't you think you guys cherry pick the bible to support your agenda and discard the parts that doesn't suit you?
The bible sanctioned slavery because slavery was accepted as a norm when the bible was written, but now the world is strongly against slavery because man have developed as a social being in order to make the world a better place.
Don't you think that the sanctioning of slavery by the bible is an evidence of the bible having no link to some supernatural being, but rather written on the opinion of men who lived in the middle east some 2000-5000 years ago?
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
2good:

So you cannot answer the question. Don't you think you guys cherry pick the bible to support your agenda and discard the parts that doesn't suit you?
The bible sanctioned slavery because slavery was accepted as a norm when the bible was written, but now the world is strongly against slavery because man have developed as a social being in order to make the world a better place.
Don't you think that the sanctioning of slavery by the bible is an evidence of the bible having no link to some supernatural being, but rather written on the opinion of men who lived in the middle east some 2000-5000 years ago?

I did answer your question.

I said the ENTIRE BIBLE is a metaphor. I don't believe I said it was "all gospel".
And btw you talk about "cherry pick"

....well sir...

Much of our laws both in the United States, Nigeria, and beyond are based on the same principles presented in the bible. wink wink The same laws that brought about social order, mind you, have direct origins to the bible wink

thou shalt not....
eye for an eye...
the constitution...

same roots....

The founding fathers of modern civilization and the same science you use to give you answers were inspired by the very people who wrote this book of contradictions and rich lessons.

*EDITED*
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:

I did answer your question.

I said the ENTIRE BIBLE is a metaphor. I don't believe I said it was "all gospel".
And btw you talk about "cherry pick"

Wow, we have a metaphorical christian! cheesy

Better just tell the truth that you cant answer the question rather than putting yourself in a position where you have to say nonsense.

If the whole bible is metaphorical, why cant God be metaphorical?

*Kails*:

....well sir...

Much of our laws both in the United States, Nigeria, and beyond are based on the same principles presented in the bible. wink wink The same laws the brought about social order, mind you, have direct origins to the bible and the fertile crescent. wink

thou shalt not....
eye for an eye...
the constitution...

same roots....

Wrong. Religions only helped codify morals and laws that already existed within humans. Of which, many religions are totally wrong on morals, especially the Abrahamic faiths where homosexuality carries harsh penalties and slavery was regulated.

People knew murder was wrong before religion or judaism. The American constitution is a secular document.

*Kails*:

the same "anti-slavery and anti-corruption" we have are because of the ideas of those who came before us. however even with that being said some still did not abide by those principles hence some folks in the bible justifying slavery. All I said was the bible is a collection of metaphors and stories. And sir again the founding fathers of civilization and the same science you use to give you answers were inspired by the very people who wrote this book of contradictions and rich lessons.

Slavery was supported by mainstream christianity- the catholics, anglicans, baptists etc. So when christians like you try to claim that you understand the bible more than the people who compiled and enforce it, you only look like liars.

There were secular abolitionists as well. Also ask yourself why some African religions never involved slavery but the almighty christianity did?

*Kails*:

Despite 70 percent of the world being "pro-life" abortions, mass killings, SLAVERY etc STILL exist and some of which are considered legal in some nations depending on who is doing it tongue. That is something that won't end. 5000 years ago or not.[b] Because you can't understand why God has allowed it to happen doesn't mean there isn't a reason [/b]and because you haven't discovered this reason, you throw your hands in the air and declare him nonexistent.

The usual "God has a plan". I wonder how you would feel if someone close to you got raped and then another person claimed that "God has a plan".

[img]http://t.qkme.me/4bfq.jpg[/img]
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
^^that's why i don't deal with him.

nowhere did i say i was a x-tian.
in fact ppl can go through my posts and see i am Anti-christianity and fanaticism.

There were secular abolitionists as well. Also ask yourself why some African religions never involved slavery but the almighty christianity did?

LOL!! i told yall! grin
somebody inform this guy im not interested!
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:
^^that's why i don't deal with him.

nowhere did i say i was a x-tian.
in fact ppl can go through my posts and see i am Anti-christianity and fanaticism.

LOL!! i told yall! grin
somebody inform this guy im not interested!

anyway, 2good. I see you.
I am sure you are cooking up a response. smiley

If I don't get back to you asap I will eventually.

I decided not to respond because we will continue to have a back and forth argument while you dont give me a clear answer to the question. It looks hopeless to me and also tiring.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
lmao.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Bella3(f): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:
typical azztard....following someone around and using ad hominem attacks when called out.

do us all a favor &...

begone.
grin LMAO. 10000 likes. Seriously, i owe you one.

1 Like

Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
Bélla3: grin LMAO. 10000 likes. Seriously, i owe you one.

Bella! You betrayed me? cry
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2013
Bélla3: grin LMAO. 10000 likes. Seriously, i owe you one.

lol.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
Wait,
Is someone denying that she isnt a christian? Who else would claim that Nigerian law is based on the bible?

Wow, just wow. grin grin grin
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Logicboy03: Wait,
Is someone denying that she isnt a christian? Who else would claim that Nigerian law is based on the bible?

Wow, just wow. grin grin grin

You are really daft.
It's a shame you don't know how. Please stop talking to me.

like seriously. go read the nigerian constitution/laws...compare that to the british (who once owned your country) and the american constitutions, then look up the historical inspirations of THEIR laws since you have nothing better to do.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
*Kails*:

You are really daft.

like seriously. go read the nigerian constitution/laws...compare that to the british (who once owned your country) and the american constitutions, then look up the historical inspirations of THEIR laws since you have nothing better to do.

American constitution is a secular document. Kalis Fail
Britain has had some christian influence but its laws are secular. Blasphemy laws abolished

I amthe daft one, yet you dont even know your country's history. The founding fathers realised the danger of religion and understood the separation of church and state.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
Kalis, sorry to butthurt you grin
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
*edited*
i wasted my time doing the very thing
i said I wouldn't do. smh.

this idi0t doesn't even understand
why I mentioned pilgrims (formation of the american culture,
british influence+xtianity) wtf was I thinking? grin
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
Logicboy03: Kalis, sorry to butthurt you grin

you mean like you?
no never. if i am ever butthurt, i am with SHAME.
I don't stalk the source of my hurt feelings unlike SOME FOLKS..
I don't try to force them to speak to me either...
and when i say FOLKS...I do mean FOLKS<< plural.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! shocked shocked

Do you even know WHY the pilgrims came the united states? grin
what was the first thing they did sir? CONVERT THE INDIANS TO CHRISTIANITY. 52 of the 55 creators of the Constitution were devoted Christians. They said they wanted "freedom OF RELIGION"! Not to end religion or their ties to Christianity.

In fact if what you said was true, why was it mandatory (up until recently) that we ended our pledge of allegiance with the following "one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"?

Kails [size=18pt]TRIUMPH![/size] AS ALWAYS!!
You don't even know YOUR history (ie. African involvement slave trade which you adamantly deny and the formation of your nation) but DARE talk to me? FOH.

I am speaking FACTS! That doesn't make me a Christian child. Mr.SOPROATHEISMIHAVETOARGUEANDACCUSETOPROVEHOWANTIGODIAM.

^^find out what that means since you have so much time on your hands.

Anything you say henceforth will be ignored.

Lol....we are talking constitution and you are bringing up pilgrims? You think the Europeans that came to America came for christianity or to claim resources?

Please read about the Jefferson bible.

It is irrelevant if the founding fathers were christian because the constitution is secular. The people who put the establishment clause in the constitution knew the dangers of religion mixed with law.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

No one here is talking personal religion, we are talking religion and the law....KEEP UP! grin

The Europeans didnt Go to America for christianity, rather they came for land and resources. KALIS FAIL

As for the African slave trade, please tell me what I'm ignorant about.

Imagine! Some creatard like you wants to claim some debating skills lol........
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:

you mean like you?
no never. if i am ever butthurt, i am with SHAME.
I don't stalk the source of my hurt feelings unlike SOME FOLKS..
I don't try to force them to speak to me either...
and when i say FOLKS...I do mean FOLKS<< plural.

I'm now a stalker? lolololol. I forced you to talk to me?

Delusions of grandeur.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Stalwert: 7:34am On Jan 10, 2013
Lol grin everybody is gradually coming to the realization that "logi"cboy is daft if not, how does one stating the Nigerian constitution is rooted in the bible means the person is a christian? I have heard muslims say parts of the Nigerian constitution actually carries biblical influence and themes, yet in "logic"boy (un)intelligence this means they too are christians! Haba a person is a christian if the person says he/she is, you don't need to to fit in puzzles to determine such! And Kalis nice a*s kicking, he probably go need a barrel of rum to get over it. grin grin grin
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:

I can respect that. smiley

I think you and I are kind of the same but we side on opposite teams.
While I can't point him out and physically prove he exists, I do believe there is a divine entity out there. kiss
OMG, I tot 991 was the only fake atheist in the house, now there's no hiding place for them.Listen to them-'"i do believe there is a divine entity out there,", Where? Atheists
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 8:38am On Jan 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

Bella! You betrayed me? cry
@ all Christians the atheists and gnostics are having the fight of thier lives, plz keep clear, after this, the atheistic-agnostic will finish the wounded.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: OMG, I tot 991 was the only fake atheist in the house, now there's no hiding place for them.Listen to them-'"i do believe there is a divine entity out there,", Where? Atheists

Brother, I just kept quiet because I only argue to learn and not to fight! my guy Logic & Kails are taking this fight to the street which am not in support of, hence my silence.
if you conclude am a fake atheist, well that's ur opinion. But to be honest i was a good practicing xtian before i left religion. if must know, i was dismissed from a seminary school yrs ago while i was studying theology. long story sha but my dear, the fact remains that God(if you know what god means) has absolutely nothing to do with organized Religion. organized religion is 100% Man-Made, God on the other hand is not that picture of an old man people carry around.Both written and unwritten history has it that from time unmemorable, people had worshiped uncountable gods & goddesses, as a matter of fact, every culture that has existed on this planet has a story/history of their own gods/goddesses. One of the most mind-awakening history is the summerien civilization, somewhere around today's Iraq. The summerien text which outdated the bible & koran is believed by many scholars as the original script from where many parts of the old testament and koran was extracted from.
In western world where i spent a little bit of my adult life in, the debate is no onger whether jesus is coming back or not; the debate is now whether homo sapiens(ancestors) were created through genetic pro creation by the Anunnakis. am sure you never heard of the word Anunnaki. it is also called Annu/ Annun/ Anak/ Annakim/ etc. you can find it randomly in the books of genesis, exodus, Leviticus, number and few other i cant remember.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2013
*Kails*:

You are really daft.

yes,kick am, hit am, where is your AK47, if he is playing hid&seek, borrow them American drones, God don catch una.
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by christemmbassey(m): 9:08am On Jan 10, 2013
991:

Brother, I just kept quiet because I only argue to learn and not to fight! my guy Logic & Kails are taking this fight to the street which am not in support of, hence my silence.
if you conclude am a fake atheist, well that's ur opinion. But to be honest i was a good practicing xtian before i left religion. if must know, i was dismissed from a seminary school yrs ago while i was studying theology. long story sha but my dear, the fact remains that God(if you know what god means) has absolutely nothing to do with organized Religion. organized religion is 100% Man-Made, God on the other hand is not that picture of an old man people carry around.Both written and unwritten history has it that from time unmemorable, people had worshiped uncountable gods & goddesses, as a matter of fact, every culture that has existed on this planet has a story/history of their own gods/goddesses. One of the most mind-awakening history is the summerien civilization, somewhere around today's Iraq. The summerien text which outdated the bible & koran is believed by many scholars as the original script from where many parts of the old testament and koran was extracted from.
see 991: dont be a wet blanket o, am enjoying this nollywood between them logicboy and u re talking about theology and history. Sorry bout ur seminary experience, that was because you tot man could teach you about God. Pls where them atheists war?
Re: Maybe We Should Ignore Atheists/anti-christian Threads by 2good(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2013
christemmbassey: see 991: dont be a wet blanket o, am enjoying this nollywood between them logicboy and u re talking about theology and history. Sorry bout ur seminary experience, that was because you tot man could teach you about God. Pls where them atheists war?

I quoted biblical verses for you to comment on but you tactically avoided each of those biblical verses because they confirmed that the bible you always quote from is senseless. Any book that contradict itself is a fake.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Love Making In Dream / Fake Pastors Exposed! / 8 Reasons You Should Not Miss The Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.