Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,612 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun (3935 Views)

Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre / Petrol Sell For N120 In Enugu State Since 2012 / Petrol Sells For N250 In Calabar, How About Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
na d price everywhere na, not only in osun.
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by lacasa: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
Who cares, Fwesh Air o jawee grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by EASTSIDAZ: 6:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
Where is oshun, is it in Nigeria? Just curious. cool
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
No be fresh air we want again
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
I bet you, GEJ too buys at that price. Its the new control price.
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by Ngwakwe: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
It's sold for N115 in the east

vanstanzy:

Deary its sold for higher prices in the South-east and South-south. Fresh Air!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by onyxo76(m): 6:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
EASTSIDAZ: Where is oshun, is it in Nigeria? Just curious. cool
osun is a state in the south west part of nigeria. Looking the map of nigeria will be helpful. I ve not bought fuel for 97 naira for over 5 months so I ve learnt to adjust.
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by ignis: 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
I just bought N120 here in kano. So what's the big deal with N115?
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by pheesayor(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
those blaming subsidy should note that if subsidy is removed those areas will sell for close to 200. I was in the south east this time last year and liter sold for almost 200 in abia state Subsidy removal is not the answer, fighting corruption is the answer but the question is when will this start?
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by ekuwe: 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ayobo Ipaja Lagos here petrol is sold for 110 - 120 LOBATAN.... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by Okaakoko(m): 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2013
its 120 here in Akoko area of Ondo state
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
I still wonder how many years it will take citizens to understand that this country is going to collapse in the nearest future. The issue here is that, the importance of petroleum fund is over-emphasize in our country.
Even if the subsidy on fuel is fully removed, local filling station will still sell at an inflated price and this is why
1. Most of those filling station you see around don't have the authentic license as a fuel distributor, so what happen here is that, somebody that has the license buys the fuel from the government at the normal price, then sells it to those station at his/her own desired price. This License guys don't have their own filling station, what they have is tankers for distribution and at the end of the day they kind of earn more than the filling stations.

2. Citizens are over-educated but they're still illiterate (Lemme put is that way, because i actually don't know the right way to describe it)..... We really don't know how to deal with local distributors simply because some people don't have issue with the fuel price as their salary can cater for that. This set of people don't care if a litre is sold for #500, and no matter what happens they would fuel their car. If wealth distribution were to be even, then tackling this issue won't be difficult.

The only way out of this mess is if and only if Government will shutdown all local filling stations and empower Major distributors (Total, Mrs, Oando, e.t.c) to buy them and operate them, this way distributors will be held responsible for any misconduct

1 Like

Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by BE811APP: 9:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
Since last year Dec fuel sells 4 N125-N130 constantly....
Am shocked u ppl are jst buying fuel at N120....e don tey....

Dos dat sell at 97...wen u see d queue sef.....u go jst manage d normal one 4 130.....lol

9ja ooooo.....
Jona oooo.....
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by Tinyemeka(m): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
I dont know when last I bought fuel below N120. It should not be less than 3 months ago. Enugu.
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by ugbakolo(m): 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
stop complaining; it is 130 in Yola, Adamawa state.
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by titanictide(m): 12:47am On Jan 12, 2013
why then do we fight against fuel subsidy removal when it is sold for prices higher than the subsidized rates in most states of the federation? where r d labour leaders?
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by ignis: 5:39am On Jan 12, 2013
ugbakolo: stop complaining; it is 130 in Yola, Adamawa state.
Really?
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by chiste1: 1:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
its N120 here in Ado Ekiti at Conoil by Fajuyi.
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by pheesayor(m): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
the same labour leader that sold us last year? As for subsidy removal, see this post below
pheesayor: those blaming subsidy should note that if subsidy is removed those areas will sell for close to 200. I was in the south east this time last year and liter sold for almost 200 in abia state Subsidy removal is not the answer, fighting corruption is the answer but the question is when will this start?

remove subsidy without fixing the current challenges and you will buy for above 200
titanictide: why then do we fight against fuel subsidy removal when it is sold for prices higher than the subsidized rates in most states of the federation? where r d labour leaders?
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by amlydave: 12:00am On Jan 13, 2013
Not just in Osun. Come to Minna, Niger State. We buy petrol for N125/litre. Today, I was lucky to buy at N120/litre which to me is cheaper.
Re: Petrol Sells For N120 In Osun by jpphilips(m): 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
adeaugustus: I still wonder how many years it will take citizens to understand that this country is going to collapse in the nearest future. The issue here is that, the importance of petroleum fund is over-emphasize in our country.
Even if the subsidy on fuel is fully removed, local filling station will still sell at an inflated price and this is why
1. Most of those filling station you see around don't have the authentic license as a fuel distributor, so what happen here is that, somebody that has the license buys the fuel from the government at the normal price, then sells it to those station at his/her own desired price. This License guys don't have their own filling station, what they have is tankers for distribution and at the end of the day they kind of earn more than the filling stations.

2. Citizens are over-educated but they're still illiterate (Lemme put is that way, because i actually don't know the right way to describe it)..... We really don't know how to deal with local distributors simply because some people don't have issue with the fuel price as their salary can cater for that. This set of people don't care if a litre is sold for #500, and no matter what happens they would fuel their car. If wealth distribution were to be even, then tackling this issue won't be difficult.

The only way out of this mess is if and only if Government will shutdown all local filling stations and empower Major distributors (Total, Mrs, Oando, e.t.c) to buy them and operate them, this way distributors will be held responsible for any misconduct

glad someone understands what is going on, others are just whining. is it not the same corruption that the likes of iweala, sanusi and co will not address yet they delude Nigerians that the problem is subsidy, funny.

the problem started with the license system, those guys don't meet up with its criteria but they still get the license to lift why??

they don't even have stations, no storage facility nothing, that's the funniest part, what about students i see at the depot with SA requests from ministers and those IPMAN id!ots. brother the problem is even bigger than 120naira.

Govt imports products, claims subsidy on it, collect bribe to license people without any infrastructure, under their nose, those guys resell it to people with stations, finally the station owners add their own profit to cover expenses that the first person could have covered, the man on the street now pays for everybody.

is this life

look at what they are doing with kerosene, Someone will claim SA for 3 trucks a week, he doesn't discharge a drop, while govt has subsidized it at 50naira, they will sell to the refueling station owners at 80naira sometimes 90naira, the man who bought, transports and pays other sundry charges, eventually selling it 150naira at the pump.

ironically, the s!!lly man on the street begs Govt to remove the subsidy (so that he pays more) while leaving the whole corruption and racketeering in tact. Nigeria has the highest population of stup!!d people on earth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE Stella Oduah's $1.6 Million Bullet Proof Vehicles (interior&exterior Photos) / APC Rubbishes Jonathan's Declaration Speech! / Pictures From APC Rally In Benin Today [Reload]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.