Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week (15343 Views)

Fg Picks Geregu, Itu As 2,400mw Nuclear Power Sites / Jonathan Commissions Geregu-II Power Station / 434 MW Geregu 11 Power-plant Completed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by kutchs: 10:26am On Jan 09, 2013
outrage: So GEJ gave contract to build this plant? Is that what you people are saying?

Tell that to drunken fishermen
No he didnt, ur great grand father did.
Are u ok nau?
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by outrage: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2013
^^
You people are giving credit to the wrong person. Simple
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Okijajuju1(m): 10:32am On Jan 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: GEJ is working by commissioning infrastructures that were contracted out before his term of office or are the fruits of private companies and initiatives put in place as far back as the obasanjo led Govt?

sometimes i wonder about the IQ requirements of being employed as a GEJ mouthpiece and of course blindly supporting this PDP led Govt.

im not surprised though. This country still has a majority population of illiterates and most of the ones who purport to have had some form of education are functional illiterates.

this type of asinine fuckery is to be expected

GEJ is WORKING Y'ALL. Pop Shampoo!! wink wink wink

You see yourself....... angry

2 Likes

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by daryoor(m): 10:35am On Jan 09, 2013
all this one way una dey tok nipp, ndip, pdp...... Dem no consine me .WATIN MAKE WE DEY EXPECT AS OUR AGREEGATE POWER SUPPLY (in m-watts) BY DEC 2013 ?
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jmaine: 10:35am On Jan 09, 2013
outrage: ^^

What was Yar Adua probing in the power sector and what was his main reason for stalling an on going project of this magnitude for years before his demise . . . .

Ans needed from folks like you . . . .

1 Like

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by anonimi: 10:37am On Jan 09, 2013
Demdem:

Lets get this straight. Building a power plant is no big deal. Its an established technology, no inventions on our part whatsoever and parts speedily available on demand. As at 2007, China was building 2 Power stations every week. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6769743.stm
I dont even expect us to be like China or come close to half of what they can acheive for now but we can obviously do more than what we are doing presently if we have the right well-focussed leadership.

Part of what is greatly missing is the lack of capacity (manpower) in Nigeria. We have to import even the lowest technicians. While not denying the FG's dominant role, we should not ignore the role of [size=13pt]LGAs and state governments to promote, encourage and orientate children into Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics subjects at the primary and secondary school without forgetting the VERY IMPORTATNT Vocation training centres.[/size]
Otherwise we Nigerians will continue to be potential giants but realistic non-entities!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 - Next Level Democracy
Engage your friends on which political party to join NOW!

1 Like

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 09, 2013
gbadexy:
He stated that with the completion of all
the gas turbine projects, the NIPP
capacity would hit 4,264MW by the end of
2013, adding that there would be follow
up on the outstanding combined cycle for
Alaoji (510MW) this year.
I though the power generation has reached 4300 MW before, which one is this at the end of a whole year again(2013).
he said power generation by nipp gas turbine will reach 4264 excluding hydro and coal power generation
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by kutchs: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2013
Yes we shud give credit to ur great grand fada hu started the project but failed to complete it.
Go round the country and see loads and loads of abandoned project yet whoever has the will and courage to complete them shud not be commended, no wonder pple describe you as haters.

2 Likes

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 10:47am On Jan 09, 2013
anonimi:

Part of what is greatly missing is the lack of capacity (manpower) in Nigeria. We have to import even the lowest technicians.

We import ordinarily technicians not because we dont have the local hands but because someone somewhere feels by importing it favours them and increases the general cost. the same menace goes on in the oil and gas industry. u see industries going to immigrations telling them they are bringing expats and on arrival u see that the expats brought are AUTOCAD designers.
Dont get me wrong expats are needed for a project like this but just very few engineers are needed from them not technicians. Nigeria has more than enough Engineers that has the right capability to build power plants. if their govt wont patronise them, who will?

While not denying the FG's dominant role, we should not ignore the role of LGAs and state governments to promote, encourage and orientate children into Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics subjects at the primary and secondary school without forgetting the VERY IMPORTATNT Vocation training centres.

I agree on this and i believe its on-going however those that are available right now are not in anyway being encouraged to showcase what they are capable of doing at the expense of our over-dependence on foreigners. how will this encourage new children?

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by smsgold: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: All these infrastructure being built here and there should be secured because the HATERS and PAY-AS-YOU-GO critics, both fearing lose of relevance and source of income, can sponsor or personally vandalize those infrastructure.

That is the COMPLEXITY of Nigeria. The govt does not only spend money in building infrastructures, it also has to spend money in PROTECTING these infrastructures from the devils in the society.
i hope they take note
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Itoroetti(m): 10:54am On Jan 09, 2013
Demdem: Again, i salute the OBJ admin for initiating and commencing this project
Secondly, kudos to the retardeen for sustaining it.
However, am concerned that we dont have sufficient transmission capability to adequately evacuate the very little MWs we are presently generating which is very important as it will determine if Nigerians have power supply in their homes or not.
This is where i expect the retardeen to focus more on.

Mumu,what have u achieved in ur long and unevenful life?must u insult him to buttress ur point?fool.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 10:57am On Jan 09, 2013
Itoroetti :

Mumu,what have u achieved in ur long and unevenful life?must u insult him to buttress ur point?fool.

Foool, what has that got to do with the issue at stake here. Is he better than other leaders that are also called names which ur kind dont have issues with?
Stuppid eediot.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Noblechyk: 11:01am On Jan 09, 2013
Demdem: Again, i salute the OBJ admin for initiating and commencing this project
However, am concerned that we dont have sufficient transmission capability to adequately evacuate the very little MWs we are presently generating which is very important as it will determine if Nigerians have power supply in their homes or not.
nothing good comes from a retardeen. But u pointed out dat a retarden sustained good programme. I think u're d retardeen 4 failing 2 realise dat nothing good comes from a retardeen. It's a shame dat Nigerians allow sentiments & hatred cloud their sense of reasoning like urs. To me, GEJ is jus a typical nigerian politician but then he is taking decisive steps in some critical sector of d economy. As corrupt as he is, i still havn't seen a less-corrup leader. Wether past or present. Whenever, he gets it right, let's applaud him, only dat way, we can move forward as a nation. I mean no disrespect.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 11:04am On Jan 09, 2013
Noblechyk:
nothing good comes from a retardeen. But u pointed out dat a retarden sustained good programme. I think u're d retardeen 4 failing 2 realise dat nothing good comes from a retardeen. It's a shame dat Nigerians allow sentiments & hatred cloud their sense of reasoning like urs. To me, GEJ is jus a typical nigerian politician but then he is taking decisive steps in some critical sector of d economy. As corrupt as he is, i still havn't seen a less-corrup leader. Wether past or present. Whenever, he gets it right, let's applaud him, only dat way, we can move forward as a nation. I mean no disrespect.

Goon, where did u get that part from? from me? i wouldnt have rated him less than 10% for his performance last year if nothing good can ever come from him. me think u are confused. Abegii, take it far from me.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by ocelot2006(m): 11:06am On Jan 09, 2013

Yes the president has placed much attention not only on power generation, but also transmission and distribution. The new substations being built across tge countrt long with transmission lines are not there for show.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Noblechyk: 11:07am On Jan 09, 2013
gbadexy:

I though the power generation has reached 4300 MW before, which one is this at the end of a whole year again(2013).
d figure represents d total MW expected 2 b generated 4rom d NIPP b4 d end of d year. If achieved, we would b looking @ over 9000 MW by dec.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 11:10am On Jan 09, 2013
ocelot2006:

Yes the president has placed much attention not only on power generation, but also transmission and distribution. The new substations being built across tge countrt long with transmission lines are not there for show.

i know and thats why i was very careful with my words.

Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Toks2008(m): 11:16am On Jan 09, 2013
tunalism: GEJ has really done an onerous nd breathtaking jobs when it comes to the power sector transformation agenda. I said this becos I have seen improvements in my area since the past one mnth. So, let's give it up to the man. More power to
your elbowGEJ has really done an onerous nd breathtaking jobs when it comes to the power sector transformation agenda. I said this becos I have seen improvements in my area since the past one mnth. So, let's give it up to the man. More power to
your elbow
GEJ has really done an onerous nd breathtaking jobs when it comes to the power sector transformation agenda. I said this becos I have seen improvements in my area since the past one mnth. So, let's give it up to the man. More power to
your elbow

I just asked my wife this question before seeing this thread." when are we going to experience steady electricity supply and she only reminded me that our parents(now old) asked the same question"

As far as im concerned, i still spend 20k monthly buying fuel to generate electricity in Akesan area along Lasu/isherri road.I had to abandon using the Big gen for fear of excessive spending on fuel and i had to manage the small one and yet still spend so much.

Maybe when i start spending less then i can say same about GEJ effort on pow generation. But for now, i will still wait and see what happens before 2015.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Sealeddeal(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2013
What else do Nigeria need that GEJ's govt has not given maximum attention? GEJ remain the best Nigeria leader so far.i do not expect e-boko harams to agree.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by datola: 11:26am On Jan 09, 2013
The power plant was built by Obasanjo not GEJ
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Noblechyk: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2013
Sealeddeal: What else do Nigeria need that GEJ's govt has not given maximum attention? GEJ remain the best Nigeria leader so far.i do not expect e-boko harams to agree.
I agree with u totally. My only reservation is dat he is yet 2 take a decisive approach against corruption. However, i think dat d reason why some people think dat he is inept is because we re used military approach, hence, even yaradua was seen as weak.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: All these infrastructure being built here and there should be secured because the HATERS and PAY-AS-YOU-GO critics, both fearing lose of relevance and source of income, can sponsor or personally vandalize those infrastructure.

That is the COMPLEXITY of Nigeria. The govt does not only spend money in building infrastructures, it also has to spend money in PROTECTING these infrastructures from the devils in the society.

^^^Unfortunately, you're correct in your assertion. Installations have been vandalised in the past, just to sabotage the on-going power sector reforms and gains made; they know that if GEJ gets this right (and it appears he is on the right track), he would have endeared himself to Nigerians, and this is what the political-schemers are afraid of.....you have evil peeps that don't mind sabotaging our national infrastructure for mere pecuniary and partisan reasons!
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Noblechyk: 11:44am On Jan 09, 2013
Demdem:

Goon, where did u get that part from? from me? i wouldnt have rated him less than 10% for his performance last year if nothing good can ever come from him. me think u are confused. Abegii, take it far from me.
Before, who or who not started d project was not an issue when morons like u thought dat Gej's power sector reform 'll hold no water. Now he has proven u & ur disciples wrong, it has now become a case of who started d project in d first. U won't praise him for sustaining a policy initiated by his predecessor, but u'll blame him for being unable 2 correct d mistakes of his predecessors. Bros, we know better, u can only deceive few.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2013
Noblechyk:
Before, who or who not started d project was not an issue when morons like u thought dat Gej's power sector reform 'll hold no water. Now he has proven u & ur disciples wrong, it has now become a case of who started d project in d first. U won't praise him for sustaining a policy initiated by his predecessor, but u'll blame him for being unable 2 correct d mistakes of his predecessors. Bros, we know better, u can only deceive few.

Goon, what are u even talking about? does all these apply to me? did u even understand my first post at all? especially this part, do u understand this:

to be honest, i think u just want to be daft this morning.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Noblechyk: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2013
datola: The power plant was built by Obasanjo not GEJ
point of correction. It ws built by Obj & Gej. Started by Obj, completed by Gej. Kudos 2 Obj for initiating such a wonderful project; kudos 2 Gej 4 d sustaining it near 2 completion.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Noblechyk: 11:51am On Jan 09, 2013
datola: The power plant was built by Obasanjo not GEJ
point of correction. It ws built by Obj & Gej. Started by Obj, completed by Gej. Kudos 2 Obj for initiating such a wonderful project; kudos 2 Gej 4 sustaining it near 2 completion.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Noblechyk: 11:56am On Jan 09, 2013
ur comment is quite outrageous. Don't forget d person dat scores d goal takes d credit. No one remembers how d ball get's 2 d scorer. Not a good thing though, jus dat ur comment was made with partisan tendency.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Sealeddeal(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
Demdem:

Goon, what are u even talking about? does all these apply to me? did u even understand my first post at all? especially this part, do u understand this:

sir,he meant that you should not have given credit to an enemy of Nigeria in the person of OBJ who have every opportunity/resources to finish the contracts he awarded within his eight years stay but instead chose to swallow the resources and used the opportunity to create 'Boko haram'.There is difference between awarding of contracts and executing it.We are interested in the execution.however,its good that you have started to realise that GEJ is doing great jobs.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Noblechyk: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
Demdem:

U're jus confused. U praised a retardeen for sustaining a good policy. Why not visit ur dictionary & re-check d word "retardeen". When u do, u'll agree with me dat u're a retardeen.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
Sealeddeal: sir,he meant that you should not have given credit to an enemy of Nigeria in the person of OBJ who have every opportunity/resources to finish the contracts he awarded within his eight years stay but instead chose to swallow the resources and used the opportunity to create 'Boko haram'.There is difference between awarding of contracts and executing it.We are interested in the execution.however,its good that you have started to realise that GEJ is doing great jobs.

Aproko, let him speak for himself. U seem to be much more dumb than he is. I prefer him abegii.
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by jadakiss213(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
gbadexy:

are u blind dint u see 'NIPP capacity'??
Re: 434MW Geregu Power Plant To Begin Power Generation This Week by Demdem(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
Noblechyk:
U're jus confused. U praised a retardeen for sustaining a good policy. Why not visit ur dictionary & re-check d word "retardeen". When u do, u'll agree with me dat u're a retardeen.

Eediot, retardeen is not even an English word let alone going to check in a dico. u are so dumb. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Launches School Farm Initiative Project (Photos) / Reno Omokri Celebrates His 44th Birthday / Petrol Price Reduction Won’t Be Immediate, Says Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.