Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! (10415 Views)

Domestic Violence Against Men / Why Do Divorce Laws Discriminate Against Men? / Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
@Richvkunt

Thanks man, i wish we can concentrate on the aim of this thread and not individual bashing..

Some men are burdened with the financial responsibilities of their partner's immediate family, its very common to find husbands shoulder these responsibilities without crying out, cos if he refuses, he could be construed.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by SisiKill1: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
baby_123:

Well, you may react to disrespect by crying till you faint, me i insult. Chikena. I get it all out of my system. No one can give me heart attack or hypertension. On the friends part, if they cross their boundary, they will lose a friend. I will make it very difficult for that friend. I am talking from experience. Dont keep your ship tight, keep crying and wailing till you kill yourself and he moves on to marry someone else. I marry my best friend not my master. So he knows if i insult him he has truly messed up.

Lmao! Okay carry on ojare. . .handle your B'ness!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yea, I remember the Tear Gas story you shared and I remember you saying the mand still stays because according to him He loves her.

No one should stay with a violent person until the violent partner decides he/ she has a problem and gets help. No one should put up with violence and be expected to "cure" or "control" it.
A victim should know that they didn't "cause it, they can't cure it and control it, its up to the person with the problem to decide to help him/herslef.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by SisiKill1: 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
So sorry. . .don't mean to derail the topic but I just gotta post a sample of the kinda logic some have about domestic violence/abuse and why trying to justify it by implying the person on the receiving end must have done something to deserve it....can be very dangerous.

This is from the TITILAYO Thread

hackney: Not justifying the man's actions in anyway but it seems that things werent going well for him and his
wife probably wasnt helping matters in the house with her likely big mouth.

she left once but came back; Not supporting her being beaten but she may be aware that she was driving him up the wall leading to the beatings.

You can be feeding someone and at the same time make them feel worthless if they are financially down.
Now that she's dead, we'll never know how she was prior to being butchered.

i will never condone or support mens' violence against women but women can help by not acting like only a good beating will solve
some of their terrible behaviour in r\ships.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
hackney: Not justifying the man's actions in anyway but it seems that things werent going well for him and his
wife probably wasnt helping matters in the house with her likely big mouth

Baby123,

You see the example I quoted above See the excuse one person gave for murdering someone "Loud mouth" shocked shocked shocked

He was right oo, He was wrong oo, She has to a right to get it out of her system or whatever reason.

The bottom line now is someone is dead and cant be revived.

What I am saying is anything that can aggravate someone I would stay away from.

E.g Someone says "Why are you looking at my babe that way" Even though there is no law that says I cant look anyhow I want,

I would just say "hey my bad, I aint tryna disrespect you homie" Instead of claiming my right and saying my mind that "Fffuckk off".

That might be the difference between someone thats alive and someone dead or disabled

(That example I gave was the exact thing that happened at a club in Houston around 2005 that got a naija boy shot though he didnt die)

2 Likes

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by baby124: 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Baby123,

You see the example I quoted above See the excuse one person gave for murdering someone "Loud mouth" shocked shocked shocked

He was right oo, He was wrong oo, She has to a right to get it out of her system or whatever reason.

The bottom line now is someone is dead and cant be revived.

What I am saying is anything that can aggravate someone I would stay away from.

E.g Someone says "Why are you looking at my babe that way" Even though there is no law that says I cant look anyhow I want,

I would just say "hey my bad, I aint tryna disrespect you homie" Instead of claiming my right and saying my mind that "Fffuckk off".

That might be the difference between someone thats alive and someone dead or disabled

(That example I gave was the exact thing that happened at a club in Houston around 2005 that got a naija boy shot though he didnt die)

It is well understood that the day a man puts his hands on me is the end of it all. If you behave like a kid, i will talk to you like a kid. So please... we can be on this matter till day break, cock go still crow. grin cheesy
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
baby_123:

It is well understood that the day a man puts his hands on me is the end of it all. If you behave like a kid, i will talk to you like a kid. So please... we can be on this matter till day break, cock go still crow. grin cheesy

Not talking about you though but you know the hand Arowolo put on Titilayo she cant even do anything about it now.

Assuming it was something she said in a moment that caused the lunatic husband to kill her I'm sure wherever she is now she would wish she can take back that time and would have walked jejely out of the house or chosen another option
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by baby124: 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Not talking about you though but you know the hand Arowolo put on Titilayo she cant even do anything about it now.

Assuming it was something she said in a moment that caused the lunatic husband to kill her I'm sure wherever she is now she would wish she can take back that time and would have walked jejely out of the house or chosen another option

That was not the 1st - 10th time he beat her. And it was well known that the guy was not mentally stable. I followed that story. Her family did not want her to go back, but she wanted to reconcile plus the guy was a dead beat. She chose her path and tried to please the whole of Nigeria by staying married.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
I hope we are done with derailing this thread and focus on the topic.

Viewing without making relevant comments related to the topic is strictly disallowed grin grin
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by slimyem: 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
Violence is wrong and there's no justifiable excuse for it.The evil it does is permanent,
The only problem here is you will hardly see a man cry out about any voilent act else he be seen as a weak and cowardly person.
I even doubt the men who have and will still comment on this case would cry out or walk away from violent relationships.
Instead,they'd be trying to take charge of things and "be the man" of the house.grin
i also think violence cannot be totally erased or divorced from us humans.The seeds of violence in in the human heart and mind.it just needs the right environment to grow and surface.
Every adult owes a duty to himself or herself to protect/remove himself or herself from violent situations or environment.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
@slim

Thanks for the comments
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 10, 2013
I believe that there are more civil ways to handle issues instead of insults.Imagine shouting like a crazed woman infront of your kids and neighbours,that's disgraceful mehn.I love my dignity intact.I don't suscribe to being a door mat but their are more effective ways to put a man straight instead of tongue lashing.Imagine the disgrace if the man decides to beat you publicly because he can't stand the insults,with you struggling to keep you clothes on your body.Abeg person dey pass some kind bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 10, 2013
No one should put up with a violent spouse.Most children that grew up in such environments usually imbibe the culture of violence.it is never a means to an end.Though if your wife caught you cheating and decides to break a bottle on your head,that one deyooooo lol.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by coogar: 1:07am On Jan 10, 2013
Richvkunt: Nice topic @OP.
I have always said no sex has the monnopoly on violence but most times violence on females is amplified mainly because women tend to act the victim. On the other hand men try to hide violence dished out to them by partners bercause they fear to be labelled as wimps.
I witnessed two violent conducts by two women on their husbands that left me disturbed and I once shared both incidentsd on NL but most people did not believe the stories bevcause the violence from the women towards their husbands was positively shocking!

women are allowed to lash out......

•they are emotional beings
•they are driven by mood swings
•their hormones also play a part during mitigation
•and women are still the endangered species after all is said and done.

i disagree with this topic, violence against men does not exist anywhere. men should man up or tape it shut!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by SisiKill1: 1:09am On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

women are allowed to lash out......

•they are emotional beings
•they are driven by mood swings
•their hormones also play a part during mitigation
•and women are still the endangered species after all is said and done.

i disagree with this topic, violence against men does not exist anywhere. men should man up or tape it shut!

How does a man. . .man up?
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by coogar: 1:14am On Jan 10, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

take whatever comes his way on the chin! if a woman strikes my left cheek, i would turn the right one to her so she can slap it. then walk away with my manly strut. politically, a man should be able to take anything from a woman. hell, even in our own naija constitution, a man cannot be räped(by a woman/women)!! our laws have no provision for a man getting räped at all so this thread is an epic fail!

1 Like

Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 10, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Take any shyte from women with diarrhea of mouth and mood swings cos they are women and very fragile....awwwww cooger that's very sexy grin
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by SisiKill1: 1:22am On Jan 10, 2013
Rotflmao!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 1:43am On Jan 10, 2013
@Coogar

No man is super human, not even your courageous self, men hide a whole lot of pain inside them cos of the perception of what a man should be, a man should not complain, a man should not cry else perceived weak and most times the way to vent that pain is by committing suicide, abuse drugs or resort to vices that are inimical to societal norms.

I have seen women who out of anger resort to vandalizing the properties of a man, including his cars, does that mean u would condone such and offer her more properties to destroy?

Agreed a real Man should not be a cry baby, but he should not be an object of abuse either.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by dayokanu(m): 1:48am On Jan 10, 2013
^coogar is being sarcastic you should know that from the sport section.

How do you think anyone would defend Torres if he wasnt trolling
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 1:50am On Jan 10, 2013
dayokanu: ^coogar is being sarcastic you should know that from the sport section.

How do you think anyone would defend Torres if he wasnt trolling

Ose jare! grin
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 10, 2013
^ you beat me to it grin he's a clown... on a mission to entertain and scares the sh1t outta kids with his big red FVCKING nose cheesy cheesy
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by coogar: 1:54am On Jan 10, 2013
Roland17: @Coogar
No man is super human, not even your courageous self, men hide a whole lot of pain inside them cos of the perception of what a man should be, a man should not complain, a man should not cry else perceived weak and most times the way to vent that pain is by committing suicide, abuse drugs or resort to vices that are inimical to societal norms.

our ancestors coped with these women, why can't we? have the 21st century men traded their balls for fluff? a man must be a man in every circumstance. if you get slapped, take it on the chin. we can't have it all in life. you have a good job, a smart flat, a sport car with 8 figures in your bank account - i really don't think getting antagonised by a woman should tilt the balance so bad for men to moan. if i can take it, you should too......

I have seen women who out of anger resort to vandalizing the properties of a man, including his cars, does that mean u would condone such and offer her more properties to destroy? Agreed a real Man should not be a cry baby, but he should not be an object of abuse either.

learn to be tolerant!
cars? properties? they are liabilities - not assets and can be easily replaced. If your woman smashes your 60" led screen, brush your shoulder twice, get into the car and get a brand new one and scream "IN YOUR FACE" as much as you can.......
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 10, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy

She can even spit on his face on top eh? cheesy
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by coogar: 1:58am On Jan 10, 2013
jidegirl12: cheesy cheesy cheesy
She can even spit on his face on top eh? cheesy

you are right on the money - cobra style!
after all, spitting in his face is akin to oräl sex. tongue
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

you are right on the money - cobra style!
after all, spitting in his face is akin to oräl sex. tongue

Of-course, to crown it all...he already left his parents and clinched to his misery that'll kill him untimely ..after all he's a man... Who are you? cheesy
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 2:09am On Jan 10, 2013
Ooo please stop this sarcasm, our ancient parents to modern parents of the 21st century!!! seriously?

Abuse against any gender is Bad.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 10, 2013
My bad OP , na cooger o!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by coogar: 2:25am On Jan 10, 2013
jidegirl12:
Of-course, to crown it all...he already left his parents and clinched to his misery that'll kill him untimely ..after all he's a man... Who are you? cheesy

i am coogar!!!
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Roland17(m): 2:39am On Jan 10, 2013
@byvan

That Kid on your profile deserves a mention.. Thanks for the comment.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 10, 2013
Violence of any sort should be condemed and no gender has a monopoly of violent actions.
A man was married to a police sergeant. Their marriage developerd issues because she was insecure and felt he was cheating on her. Sop one day when they had a row,madam decides to bring out her handcuffs and proceeds to cuff her husbands wrist to her own and sinks her teeth into his arm,of course the man tries to escape but he can not becaude of the cuffs binding him to madam. The man starts screaming for help from the neighbours. When the neighbours arrived we pleaded for madam to release oga,but she refused,stuck the keys to the cuffs in her bra and brought out a cannister of tear gas that she threatened to spray in the poor mans eyes.
There is a thin line between love and hate.
Re: Stop The Violence Against Men!!!! by freecocoa(f): 9:09am On Jan 10, 2013
Roland17: @Richvkunt

Thanks man, i wish we can concentrate on the aim of this thread and not individual bashing..

Some men are burdened with the financial responsibilities of their partner's immediate family, its very common to find husbands shoulder these responsibilities without crying out, cos if he refuses, he could be construed.
shocked shocked shocked ha!

I never knew that helping your wife's immediate family is now a form of abuse, did they put a gun to the man's head to help them? I guess you are talking about a man without a mind of his own not men like my man or father, shioor.undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Be Friends With Your Spouse's Ex? / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok / Help Pls Me! Spiritual Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.