Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards (32237 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Wenger Hits Out At Ballon D'or Obsession / The Moment Guardiola Snubbed Ronaldo At Ballon D’or 2012 [pics + Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by elrony(m): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

He said FANS are jealous of his talent, wealth and good looks. He apologised to fans for madrid`s loss at a la liga match earlier this season, he said they lost because he was “ unhappy” (so all his team mates that are happy nko? Very presumptious of cr9). He's showy - just watch his free kicks - legs spread, four measured steps backwards every single time! He wears too much gel in his hair, pops his collar, wears neither long nor short sleeves like everyone else. Not to forget: he's the teacher`s pet
He's got to be annoying! Alonso said his friendship with Ronaldo ends in the dressing room. Iker Casillas picked Ramos over Ronaldo for the Ballon d`or. No wonder he's unhappy at madrid.
Very funny post lmao...
Na wa 4 ur type sef...
The guy chose his way of life na..drinkin oral drip on anoda person's diaorrhea...

Smh4u
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Builder: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ronaldo is one little arrogant piece of shiit.imagine him tapping Pep as if he looks like his mate.no wonder he's losing out while a humble messi keeps soaring.

what is it with u nigerians and seniority, mate or no mate how else do u expect ronaldo to attract his attention... we have seen on skysports or bbc motv or espn when ex footballer argue out a point with ex premiership managers as if they are age mates... if na nigeria na seniority, no wonder that country never progresses

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by lain: 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
Those shouting ronaldo is arrogant show keep their wide mouth shut.. And pep behaved very arrogant and unmature.. Why didnt we here of this story until today, because it was pep, if it was vice versa b4 the award ended the media wuld hav made a whole lot of noise about it just to crucify the great cr7 more.. Abeg rona continue playin gud football

5 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Costa2000(m): 11:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
aribisala0: who is us and who is they and where did you publish your study on orientation.You are only making assumptions . Can Ronaldo tap Alex Ferguson's shoulder Who is the player that will tap Alex Ferguson and get a handshake in return ?? Even Mourinho his Oga will NOT try it!!
You got it wrong,tapping someones shoulder here in Spain is normal,we do it in place of work thats not lack of respect,Pep is not happy with Cr7 thats all, nd not b/c of tapping.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by aribisala0(m): 11:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
Builder:

what is it with u nigerians and seniority, mate or no mate how else do u expect ronaldo to attract his attention... we have seen on skysports or bbc motv or espn when ex footballer argue out a point with ex premiership managers as if they are age mates... if na nigeria na seniority, no wonder that country never progresses
in it not only Nigerians if you have not travelled wide you will not know, same for Indians,Arabs,Chinese,Japanese,French,Spanish. Everywhere except maybe Americans. people value respect all over the world. Is Kowtow a Nigerian word
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ronaldo is one little arrogant piece of shiit.imagine him tapping Pep as if he looks like his mate.no wonder he's losing out while a humble messi keeps soaring.

Ur so myopic in reasoning, I know u c messi as a god that has neva committed any sin from birth, now I ask u, If messi had done d same 2 pep will u say messi is acting as if der mates? And from what uv seen, who's d arrogant one and who behaved like a kid? If u don't ans dis then ur a CONFUSED COWARD Everytime, messi! Messi!! Messi!!!
Abeg make I hear word, d person ur even hyping does not even know of ur existence.

BIASED BABOON!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by honeric01(m): 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pep Guardiola

14 trophies in 4 years

When a coach does that, wake me up okay?

Before Pep, other coaches handled Barca, yet none won 14 trophies in 4 years, so those opening their gutter mouth to say they can coach barca and win 14 trophies should shut it until they can achieve 1/3 of Pep's achievements.

Enough said! cool

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
boron10: Ronaldo deserves it o jare. He's too arrogant.

If mou did dis 2 messi its BIASED BRATS like u dat wud say d man is 2 arrogant. Guy, I strongly recommend that u take ur brain 2 computer village for proper flashing.

MOFOL!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by aribisala0(m): 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
Costa2000:
You got it wrong,tapping someones shoulder here in Spain is normal,we do it in place of work thats not lack of respect,Pep is not happy with Cr7 thats all, nd not b/c of tapping.
Cut the biographic bullshit . Tell that childish lie to your villagers when next you visit not to me. You do not touch people unless they are your pals and you certainly do not touch your boss or seniors. In fact they use the plural pronoun as a form of address to show respect like the French.Spain is not a homogenous country and to say WE do this in Spain just makes you look silly. Spain still have a royalty which is what "REAL" means by the way.

Madrid is very different from Barcelona or Basque and there are a range of cultures just like Nigeria but they are not a back slapping ,shoulder tapping people. Any where in the world it is a mark of familiarity which is NOT automatic
You do not tap people if relations are strained that is provocative in any culture.

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
honeric01: Pep Guardiola

14 trophies in 4 years

When a coach does that, wake me up okay?

Before Pep, other coaches handled Barca, yet none won 14 trophies in 4 years, so those opening their gutter mouth to say they can coach barca and win 14 trophies should shut it until they can achieve 1/3 of Pep's achievements.

Enough said! cool

AND SO??
Hw does dis relate 2 d sub matter.
Think b4 u talk.
2 comment on NL is not compulsory.

MTCHEWWW!!!!!
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by demitola(m): 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
Its easy 2 live in Lagere, Ile-Ife, hear dem watch 'el-clasicoz' sit down wid dem watch a few crunchin Panbola-bola biscuit in d process, den by oprtnity come across a clip like diz and judge Pep Guardiola str8 for his reactn to Cr7. No be dat day abeg. Even Messi ws reportd non-responsiv to Cr7 busy wid his fone at d Pre-gala gatherin. He dint even ackwnoledg him afta winin d award, Casillas no doubt chose Ramos b4 Cr7 and so on. Let d dude check himsef well.
And as for Pep Guardiola's effort doubters, ask Sir Alex Ferguson d same kwestn 'is Guardiola hyped?' and im sure u wld get an answer.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by oluwapomile(m): 11:48pm On Jan 10, 2013
Well,datz der problem anyway,cuz ah got no pay 4rm any of dm,nd dat won't stp me 4rm avin a nyc drm tew 9t.am outa here.
Nxt person plz
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 11:48pm On Jan 10, 2013
Human Psycho: guardiola should have helped him, ronaldo is a kid he'd eventually learn later.

Just hear urself with d way u reason
Human psycho with cancer of da brain
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
IYA NGBALI: abeg shut up,wot do you expect him to do?shout or scream his name?what is wrong in tapping someone,s shoulder in a gathering?

Don't mind him, as if he doesn't tap his elders like day
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2013
IYA NGBALI: abeg shut up,wot do you expect him to do?shout or scream his name?what is wrong in tapping someone,s shoulder in a gathering?

Don't mind him, as if he doesn't tap his elders like dat
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by honeric01(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
scholes23:

AND SO??
Hw does dis relate 2 d sub matter.
Think b4 u talk.
2 comment on NL is not compulsory.

MTCHEWWW!!!!!

I hope you can comprehend?

that comment was targeted at some set of people, you shouldn't reply to everything, especially comments that are specific in nature.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Costa2000(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
aribisala0: Cut the biographic bullshit . Tell that childish lie to your villagers when next you visit not to me. You do not touch people unless they are your pals and you certainly do not touch your boss or seniors. In fact they use the plural pronoun as a form of address to show respect like the French.Spain is not a homogenous country and to say WE do this in Spain just makes you look silly. Spain still have a royalty which is what "REAL" means by the way.

Madrid is very different from Barcelona or Basque and there are a range of cultures just like Nigeria but they are not a back slapping ,shoulder tapping people. Any where in the world it is a mark of familiarity which is NOT automatic
You do not tap people if relations are strained that is provocative in any culture.
Parar ya de tonteria,¿que sabes tu?,meastro de mierda.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by mamagee3(f): 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
guardiola is an annoying jerk.

He should have at least shook his hand

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Noblechyk: 12:05am On Jan 11, 2013
It's a pity how we Nigerians reason atimes. We allow african mentality cloud our judgment. Wat Gaudiola did ws too unprofessional. It has nothing 2 do with d tapping cos over there, they don't count wat we count here. Someone mention can he tap ferguson like dat. I tell dat if dat is d case, ferguson wil even stand up & hav a handshake with him. Watch players & coach hv handshake wen they re substituted as if they re mates. Sometimes, a player touches d coach on d cheek. Such won't happen cos of our understanding of wat respect ought b. There is no better way 4 Ronaldo 2 attract his attention other than to tap. Except if one wants 2 suggest slap here.

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 12:06am On Jan 11, 2013
honeric01:

I hope you can comprehend?

that comment was targeted at some set of people, you shouldn't reply to everything, especially comments that are specific in nature.

I know who's responsible 4 dis.
Its not ur fault @ all

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by aribisala0(m): 12:07am On Jan 11, 2013
Costa2000:
Parar ya de tonteria,¿que sabes tu?,meastro de mierda.
Really you are only making yourself look childish. Speak what everyone can relate to . If you have anything to say say in in English. Otherwise you are a mad mad talking to himself.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by dotcomnamename: 12:13am On Jan 11, 2013
[size=24pt]You people should say the truth. RONALDO should have show kind of respect.
If anyone one here believe RONALDO was right by taping Pep., then such person has been taping his own father at home.
If you can believe Ronaldo was right, then you've been taping your dad or mum at home by giving a backslap upper cut of their backhead as tap grin.
ok, for instance, assuming Ronaldo approach Pep in a good manner just like the way you can approach your uncle at home, do you think pep will snubs him? Hell nooo.

RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL[/size]

[size=20pt]
I'm waiting for your attack so that you can gain attention, rather than saying the bitter truth.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 12:15am On Jan 11, 2013
Lol... Wetin una want make Ronaldo and Guardiola dey discuss? Ronaldo was disrespectful one of the few times they had a close encounter.

If Guardiola respond una go say e dey pretend. Now e face front without a word, una say na unprofessional behaviour.
Well, even Ronaldo's team mates are not friends with him off the pitch, so why should Guardiola pretend to be? At least Guardiola didnt poke his eye.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 12:18am On Jan 11, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=24pt]You people should say the truth. RONALDO should have show kind of respect.
If anyone one here believe RONALDO was right by taping Pep., then such person has been taping his own father at home.
If you can believe Ronaldo was right, then you've been taping your dad or mum at home by giving a backslap upper cut of their backhead as tap grin.
ok, for instance, assuming Ronaldo approach Pep in a good manner just like the way you can approach your uncle at home, do you think pep will snubs him? Hell nooo.[/size]

Without being biased, I need an ans from u, If messi did what ronaldo did 2 pep, do u think he wud react like dat? And I'm sure dat if messi even did such 2 mou or fergie and he was snubbed u fellas wud say dat these men are arrogant.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by aribisala0(m): 12:19am On Jan 11, 2013
Noblechyk: It's a pity how we Nigerians reason atimes. We allow african mentality cloud our judgment. Wat Gaudiola did ws too unprofessional. It has nothing 2 do with d tapping cos over there, they don't count wat we count here. Someone mention can he tap ferguson like dat. I tell dat if dat is d case, ferguson wil even stand up & hav a handshake with him. Watch players & coach hv handshake wen they re substituted as if they re mates. Sometimes, a player touches d coach on d cheek. Such won't happen cos of our understanding of wat respect ought b. There is no better way 4 Ronaldo 2 attract his attention other than to tap. Except if one wants 2 suggest slap here.

Guy you are not educating your villagers!!
Many people here have closed countless passports travelling around the world to places you can only imagine so save the lecture.In Nigeria sometimes we greet with hugs too is it everyone we hug?

There is a concept of familiarity and overfamiliarity. In life you know people who are your friends and those who are your acquaintances. It is the same everywhere. In Nigeria some people shake hands and then elaborate the hanshake by clicking their fingers .Do you do that with everyone? You do not show tactile familiarity with any and everyone in ANY culture. There must be a basis and Ronaldo showed bad judgment in not knowing who his "enemies" are. I don't know the reason but I am sure Ronaldo knows and got what he deserved.
The issue is not just age but degree of familiarity. In other words Guardiola too has no right to Tap Ronaldo and would have himself to blame if disgraced.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by dotcomnamename: 12:22am On Jan 11, 2013
scholes23:

Without being biased, I need an ans from u, If messi did what ronaldo did 2 pep, do u think he wud react like dat? And I'm sure dat if messi even did such 2 mou or fergie and he was snubbed u fellas wud say dat these men are arrogant.

[size=15pt]For your information, ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE. Our old father says ''Principal in life cannot work with somebody or anybody's clock.

It's obvious that MESSI will never do that because he's got the manner and respect in all his doing. Messi is a humble player. Not like the ''Thug & Tout Players like Ronaldo, Baloteli, Rooney, etc... So tell me how is that possible for Pep to react to what Messi can never do? grin Be real bro.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by ochukoccna: 12:31am On Jan 11, 2013
Pep is an arrogant piece of sh*t
Who is arrogant,CR7 stretching out his hand politely for a handshske or a Pep who turns around,sees a CR7& snobs his hand?
A one club coach who is yet to replicate his feat at 2-3 other clubs but is still holding on to as a press hyped best coach title
Arrogant sh*t hole

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kq(m): 12:32am On Jan 11, 2013
I dont know if anybody is thinking like i am, but in my own opinion it seems what happened was Ronaldo bumped into Pep and he was patting his shoulder as a sort of apology. But alas i trust my people as he concern Ronaldo now all of una don turn am to he is arrogant, If Messi is ignored by Mourinho all of us go still complain. The problem is not Ronaldo or Messi it is us we no go just leave matter for Matthias always speculating about whether he is arrogant or whether Messi is better...
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Iaz93: 12:35am On Jan 11, 2013
Kslib:
Abeg shut that your yellow and brown teeth abeg... What's wrong in tapping pep?? If ronaldo bone others,una go begin call am arrogant,now wey he don humble himself,u dey talk about mate... Pep na ronaldo mate before,what extra-ordinary thing has pep achieved??
People just keep hyping him for no reason.. Even stephen keshi will go places with an already made team like barca...
Lastly,you said "ronaldo is loosing",what is your defination of loss.. Person dey earn better money,get better house,get better car,get baby boy,secong world best player,and has a family that loves him,and you call that "loosing"...
If ronaldo is at loss with all the mentioned above,then it is safe to say "YOU BLUETOOTH IS IN HELL RIGHT NOW"...
I love people like ronaldo,mourinho,ballotelli cos they ain't hypocrites,they dont try to please people,they keep it real unlike the real life quiet devils who try to potray themselves as humble to the media...
Perfect Sweet Reply!!! GBAMEST!

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Iaz93: 12:41am On Jan 11, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

He said FANS are jealous of his talent, wealth and good looks. He apologised to fans for madrid`s loss at a la liga match earlier this season, he said they lost because he was “ unhappy” (so all his team mates that are happy nko? Very presumptious of cr9). [/b]He's showy - just watch his free kicks - legs spread, four measured steps backwards every single time! He wears too much gel in his hair, pops his collar, wears neither long nor short sleeves like everyone else.[b] Not to forget: he's the teacher`s pet
He's got to be annoying! Alonso said his friendship with Ronaldo ends in the dressing room. Iker Casillas picked Ramos over Ronaldo for the Ballon d`or. No wonder he's unhappy at madrid.
Can't stop laughing! WTF! Dullest comment ever! SMH
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by vandarsar(m): 12:48am On Jan 11, 2013
Was he suppose to postrate? You're a a**hole!
~Bluetooth:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wolves Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 15th December 2020 / Wales Vs Belgium: Euro 2016 Quarter-finals (3 - 1) On 1st July 2016 / West Ham United Vs Arsenal (1 - 3) On 9th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.