Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards (32236 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Wenger Hits Out At Ballon D'or Obsession / The Moment Guardiola Snubbed Ronaldo At Ballon D’or 2012 [pics + Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Iaz93: 12:51am On Jan 11, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=24pt]You people should say the truth. RONALDO should have show kind of respect.
If anyone one here believe RONALDO was right by taping Pep., then such person has been taping his own father at home.
If you can believe Ronaldo was right, then you've been taping your dad or mum at home by giving a backslap upper cut of their backhead as tap grin.
ok, for instance, assuming Ronaldo approach Pep in a good manner just like the way you can approach your uncle at home, do you think pep will snubs him? Hell nooo.

RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL[/size]

[size=20pt]
I'm waiting for your attack so that you can gain attention, rather than saying the bitter truth.[/size]
I guess you didn't watch the clip. Re-watch it, and modify your comment. Kast! Didn't you see others coming behind him, or he should cause a go-slow because he wants to bend down to greet PEP! Tapping someone on the shoulder is not a crime...! Who the Bleep is Pep sef. . . .age mate with Van der sar!

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Iaz93: 12:54am On Jan 11, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

[size=15pt]For your information, ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE. Our old father says ''Principal in life cannot work with somebody or anybody's clock.

It's obvious that MESSI will never do that because he's got the manner and respect in all his doing. Messi is a humble player. Not like the ''Thug & Tout Players like Ronaldo, Baloteli, Rooney, etc... So tell me how is that possible for Pep to react to what Messi can never do? grin Be real bro.[/size]
LMAO! Now I get it! This nigger is daft!

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by sKeetz(m): 12:56am On Jan 11, 2013
Please who is is pep guardiola, c. ronaldo, cr7??
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by sKeetz(m): 12:58am On Jan 11, 2013
Please who is is pep guardiola, c. ronaldo, and is C.ronaldo the same as cr7 and what does the 7 stand for?? Don't be offended with my questions cuz am just lost out with all this argument embarassed
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 12:58am On Jan 11, 2013
Lol... Trust Nigerians. I am pretty sure majority didnt watch the video. I dunno where you guys got the idea of a handshake, or are you guys just commenting on what you read? Try to notice little details when you watch something.
There is a head obstructing our view so we do not really see any handshake gesture from Ronaldo. You guys only assume he did offer one.

When a person offers us a handshake, by reflex, our eyes focus on the offered hand, before moving to the owner's face. Nothing like that happened in that video. Guardiola turned to look at the person behind, long enough for the person to have said something, then turned away without looking down and without a word.

In my opinion, after watching the video severally, here is what happened:
Ronaldo is walking past (probably going back to his seat). He actually bumps into a seated Guardiola with his elbow. Guardiola turns to see who it is, Ronaldo stops and probably says something I think is an apology. Guardiola turns away and Ronaldo pauses for a moment then walks away.

Watch the video carefully and don't just swallow everything the media feeds you!

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kutchs: 12:58am On Jan 11, 2013
scholes23:

AND SO??
Hw does dis relate 2 d sub matter.
Think b4 u talk.
2 comment on NL is not compulsory.

MTCHEWWW!!!!!
Why dont you take ur time and go 2gh all the comments to see what informed his?

To reply one‘s comment is not compulsory bro.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kramer: 1:21am On Jan 11, 2013
From what i can see here it seems Ronaldo [size=17pt]"ACCIDENTALLY BUMPED"[/size] pep on the head and then looked back trying to apologize

Watch it again!!

But was it really an accident? grin grin grin
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kramer: 1:22am On Jan 11, 2013
Oahray: Lol... Trust Nigerians. I am pretty sure majority didnt watch the video. I dunno where you guys got the idea of a handshake, or are you guys just commenting on what you read? Try to notice little details when you watch something.
There is a head obstructing our view so we do not really see any handshake gesture from Ronaldo. You guys only assume he did offer one.

When a person offers us a handshake, by reflex, our eyes focus on the offered hand, before moving to the owner's face. Nothing like that happened in that video. Guardiola turned to look at the person behind, long enough for the person to have said something, then turned away without looking down and without a word.

Ronaldo is walking past (probably going back to his seat). He actually bumps into a seated Guardiola with his elbow. Guardiola turns to see who it is, Ronaldo stops and probably says something I think is an apology. Guardiola turns away and Ronaldo pauses for a moment then walks away.

Watch the video carefully and don't just swallow everything the media feeds you!

Rightly so!!
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by tutu1: 1:27am On Jan 11, 2013
I hate Fifa because it a corrupt body, the president has been there for God knows how long, they don't want goal line technology for their own benefit, lastly and lastly why is Messi getting all this awards they need to make the process more transparent so the whole world can vote their favourite players after all the world watches foodball and has contributed to the growth of the sport and Fifa itself. F...........ck Pep Guardiola for being immature. Football is nothing but a sport him of all people should know that hisses
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kutchs: 1:31am On Jan 11, 2013
sKeetz: Please who is is pep guardiola, c. ronaldo, cr7??
Who is pep guardiola you asked?

Pep Guardiola is:
1. A former captain of Barcelona FC.
2. A UCL winner in 1992.
3. 2x winner of UCL as coach.
4. The first and only coach to have won all the trophies he entered into in a single yr (6)
5. The man who handed Mourinho his worst defeat as a manager.
6. The man who nearly caused Sir Alex Ferguson parkinson disease in 2011.
7. 2x winner of FIFA coach of the year.
8. 3x winner of La Liga as coach
9. 2x winner of Copa Del Rey as coach.
10. Several times winner of La Liga as a player.

I hope these answer ur question though little it may be.

5 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by dotcomnamename: 1:37am On Jan 11, 2013
Iaz93:
I guess you didn't watch the clip. Re-watch it, and modify your comment. Kast! Didn't you see others coming behind him, or he should cause a go-slow because he wants to bend down to greet PEP! Tapping someone on the shoulder is not a crime...! Who the Bleep is Pep sef. . . .age mate with Van der sar!

I hear u sir.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by dotcomnamename: 1:39am On Jan 11, 2013
Iaz93:
LMAO! Now I get it! This nigger is daft!

No, Mafia.. undecided
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by dotcomnamename: 1:42am On Jan 11, 2013
Oahray: Lol... Trust Nigerians. I am pretty sure majority didnt watch the video. I dunno where you guys got the idea of a handshake, or are you guys just commenting on what you read? Try to notice little details when you watch something.

10000000000000 likes... Pls tell those illiterates here O!
Thank you jor..
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Exclibur(m): 1:47am On Jan 11, 2013
Guardiola should have shaken C. Ronaldo's hand to show maturity. I mean, WTF, CR7 did stop to say hello to him. I've
always thought of C. Ronaldo as arrogant but to miss out again on the Ballon D'or to Messi (ma guy!) and then on top of that
be snubbed in public glare by Guardiola must hav been very painful. For the very first time in my life, i actually feel sorry
for him. He has always needed a dose of humility but honestly this was too much.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by tolasquare(m): 2:00am On Jan 11, 2013
He sulpose to recieve his handshake
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kramer: 2:11am On Jan 11, 2013
kutchs:
Who is pep guardiola you asked?

Pep Guardiola is:
1. A former captain of Barcelona FC.
2. A UCL winner in 1992.
3. 2x winner of UCL as coach.
4. The first and only coach to have won all the trophies he entered into in a single yr (6)
5. The man who handed Mourinho his worst defeat as a manager.
6. The man who nearly caused Sir Alex Ferguson parkinson disease in 2011.
7. 2x winner of FIFA coach of the year.
8. 3x winner of La Liga as coach
9. 2x winner of Copa Del Rey as coach.
10. Several times winner of La Liga as a player.

I hope these answer ur question though little it may be.

Points 2 to 9 would have been difficult to achieve without Messi
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by ibnquasale(m): 2:22am On Jan 11, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 2:32am On Jan 11, 2013
ibnquasale:
The truth is if he had knew the disgraceful act would be caught on tape, He (Guardiola) would have gladly accepted the handsome handshake!
No, the truth is if you watched the video with a good pair of eyes, you would have seen that Ronaldo hit Guardiola on the head as he passed by (and so stopped to apologise) and you wouldn't be making noise about a handshake Ronaldo never offered.

Silly herd mentality you are exhibiting here.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Hardeydamola(m): 2:40am On Jan 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ronaldo is one little arrogant piece of shiit.imagine him tapping Pep as if he looks like his mate.no wonder he's losing out while a humble messi keeps soaring.
I hate it wen pple are Sentimental abt the Messi and Ronaldo thing...bcs pep old pass am u wan make cr7 prostrate habi weytin he go do...
even if na Sir Alex dey dia na d same thing cr7 go do habi u tink say na Naija where an offer of an handshake 2 som1 older than you is an insult....na dem go start nw wen jose con do him own dem go dey cry like small pikin jst doesnt knw y I like Qpr pass BarceloMESSI..
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by smsgold: 3:14am On Jan 11, 2013
dr.laykay:
I hate football when things like dis happen.I think enemity should always end on the pitch angry
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by bashydemy(m): 3:27am On Jan 11, 2013
Make CR7 no look that side jare Mourinho did more than that when CR7 is playing for Manchester so not new.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 3:58am On Jan 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ronaldo is one little arrogant piece of shiit.imagine him tapping Pep as if he looks like his mate.no wonder he's losing out while a humble messi keeps soaring.

You're one big f.o.o.l, how well do you know Ronaldo to know he's arrogant? Or you just saying because others are saying. It's very common for people in developed country to tap one another. Even players do tap their managers.

If Messi is as humble as we're made to believe, is yet to be seen. I believe his true person will begin to surface when barca no longer win the way they do. He(Messi) did show little of his arrogance in his after-match interview when they were beaten by celtic.

The truth is that I don't see Guardiola the gentle man I thought he was. Ronaldo came out the bigger man.

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 4:11am On Jan 11, 2013
Me vs U: This people are the ones fuelling violence in football i guess CR7 is not as arrogant as people claim

It's like the media got paid to tarnish his image. Even commentators are so biased on the entire Madrid team, especially Ronaldo. With time we will know who is truly the arrogant one.

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 4:18am On Jan 11, 2013
aribisala0:

That is exactly why many people die young.
So if IBB, Abdusalaam and OBJ sit down to discuss oil block allocation GEJ will come and tap their shoulder because he is eating Aso Rock Bread. Is it not his job to smile and sign?
You people are funny sha!!

You should know that people over their are not as timid as people like you in this country. We see everyday on the football pitch, players tap their managers and vice versa.

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 11, 2013
ojoawo:

Hater

Oh definitely! With all of my heart.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 4:24am On Jan 11, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

He said FANS are jealous of his talent, wealth and good looks. He apologised to fans for madrid`s loss at a la liga match earlier this season, he said they lost because he was “ unhappy” (so all his team mates that are happy nko? Very presumptious of cr9). He's showy - just watch his free kicks - legs spread, four measured steps backwards every single time! He wears too much gel in his hair, pops his collar, wears neither long nor short sleeves like everyone else. Not to forget: he's the teacher`s pet
He's got to be annoying! Alonso said his friendship with Ronaldo ends in the dressing room. Iker Casillas picked Ramos over Ronaldo for the Ballon d`or. No wonder he's unhappy at madrid.

So this is what you classified as arrogance? You seriously don't have anything on the guy, so just STFU.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by emmabest2000(m): 4:27am On Jan 11, 2013
Guardiola is a stupid man
he needs to grow up SHM

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 11, 2013
People calling Ronaldo arrogant are being unfair.....

I don't have a problem with arrogance, as long as you are good at what you do....Ronaldo is an amazing athlete....

When arrogance becomes a problem is when you are ordinary at what you do, and get arrogant about it.... Osaze is a typical example...He sometimes scores for Westbrom, and most times misfire his mouth.... Now tha's when arrogance becomes an issue....

That being said, Handshakes are gestures of choice... Life goes on...

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Nobody: 4:37am On Jan 11, 2013
Iaz93:
Can't stop laughing! WTF! Dullest comment ever! SMH

cheesy Thanks. Glad you liked it smiley cheesy
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by nijanigga: 4:54am On Jan 11, 2013
akinmax: One day what happen in Egypt between Al-Masry vs Al-Ahly last year , will happen between Barcelona and Real Madrid fans and hundreds will be killed. mark my word!

yeye man, spain no be africa,where goats and sheep roam in the stadium.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Shakirababy(f): 4:55am On Jan 11, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

He said FANS are jealous of his talent, wealth and good looks. He apologised to fans for madrid`s loss at a la liga match earlier this season, he said they lost because he was “ unhappy” (so all his team mates that are happy nko? Very presumptious of cr9). He's showy - just watch his free kicks - legs spread, four measured steps backwards every single time! He wears too much gel in his hair, pops his collar, wears neither long nor short sleeves like everyone else. Not to forget: he's the teacher`s pet
He's got to be annoying! Alonso said his friendship with Ronaldo ends in the dressing room. Iker Casillas picked Ramos over Ronaldo for the Ballon d`or. No wonder he's unhappy at madrid.
Who d f.uc.k are u Which problem do u hav wit dis guy?...Hey! Madam just shut up joor,wetin be ur own here sef. So he shouldnt luk gud becos u are his galfriend abi? Make thunder close dat ur mouth,i can bet wit my life dat u can never date or marry a man of Cr7 class in ur lyf,luk at dis fugly bi.atch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wolves Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 15th December 2020 / Wales Vs Belgium: Euro 2016 Quarter-finals (3 - 1) On 1st July 2016 / West Ham United Vs Arsenal (1 - 3) On 9th December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.