Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,027 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards (32249 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Wenger Hits Out At Ballon D'or Obsession / The Moment Guardiola Snubbed Ronaldo At Ballon D’or 2012 [pics + Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by leonshom(m): 10:08am On Jan 11, 2013
@tyms,I kip wonderin y pple wuld jez wake up and post rubbish here 4us 2 read,y wuld Guardiola ignore Ronaldo ova a mere compliment! Mayb d picture did not describe d event well, besides, white pple dnt usually behave in such manner,dey dnt kip grudge 4 so long !
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by gentlegg(m): 10:12am On Jan 11, 2013
Ronaldo losses out to Messi in World best player award simply because too many people in the football world don't like Ronaldo as a person, probably he's arrogant, disrespectful etc.

Pep not shaking Ronaldo only makes Pep acting like a fool. As far as football itself is concerned Ronaldo is a quadruple-tested, trusted, guaranteed and better player than Messi, Ronaldo has played for Sporting Lisbon, Man U, Madrid, Portuguese national team and has braked records in all, but Messi is the only world best player that has gone to World Cup without scoring a half goal, has never played well in Argentina national team, has never played in another club, has never played good football without either or both Xavi and Iniesta on the pitch. Hey, don't get me wrong, Messi is a wonderful player but Ronaldo is an exceptional player

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by naijathings(m): 10:12am On Jan 11, 2013
[size=18pt]Look at the FIFA president's jacket.. White Powder.. Is that cocayne? [/size]

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kutchs: 10:17am On Jan 11, 2013
scholes23:

I dunno how u reason @ times, watch dat video and take read d guy's comments very well. How does dis in anyway relate to d subject matter.
Its a pity dat pple like u don't reason well @ all
Mr scholes I know losing 2 champs league final to Pep‘s Barca really hurts but it doesnt call for ur very unintelligent comments here.
I simply asked u to read carefully to see what informed the guy‘s comment and u‘re here forming Aristotle.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by boron10(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2013
But come to think of it, if Guardiola actually snubbed Ronaldo, the news would have been on twitter, bbc, goal.com, completesport grin and so many sport media. How come the news is only on this nonsense nairaland
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Jerros213(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ronaldo is one little arrogant piece of shiit.imagine him tapping Pep as if he looks like his mate.no wonder he's losing out while a humble messi keeps soaring.

How else could he have done it? Go prostrate right in front of him Abegi!!! I don't blame Pep,I blame Ronaldo spitting into the enemy's camp
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kutchs: 10:41am On Jan 11, 2013
gentlegg: Ronaldo losses out to Messi in World best player award simply because too many people in the football world don't like Ronaldo as a person, probably he's arrogant, disrespectful etc.

Pep not shaking Ronaldo only makes Pep acting like a fool. As far as football itself is concerned Ronaldo is a quadruple-tested, trusted, guaranteed and better player than Messi, Ronaldo has played for Sporting Lisbon, Man U, Madrid, Portuguese national team and has braked records in all, but Messi is the only world best player that has gone to World Cup without scoring a half goal, has never played well in Argentina national team, has never played in another club, has never played good football without either or both Xavi and Iniesta on the pitch. Hey, don't get me wrong, Messi is a wonderful player but Ronaldo is an exceptional player
Guy pls give it a rest.

This silly points you raised here were all taken into consideration by the over 600 accredited ballon d‘or voters.

You surely dont know football more than Roy Hodgson, Steven Gerrard, Klinsmann, Carlos Bocanegra, Thiago Silva, Sarbella and so many other who picked Messi ahead of Ronaldo do you?

A player is not known so much by the number of leagues he has played in but more with his consistent consistency, otherwise Nicholas Anelka, Ibrahimovic would rank as the best. Messi has not played in another league yes but what does it take away from him? He has played well in the WC, has Ronaldo? How many trophies has Ronaldo for Portugal both at junior and senior international level?

Why is Ronaldo so obsessed with the ballon d‘or that he had to consistently give up his chance to vote as national team captain to Bruno Alves? You would read meaning into it wouldnt you if Messi was involved.
Well so much for world best.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by aribisala0(m): 10:44am On Jan 11, 2013
gentlegg: Ronaldo losses out to Messi in World best player award simply because too many people in the football world don't like Ronaldo as a person, probably he's arrogant, disrespectful etc.

"braked" Cristiano Ronaldo abi Lewis Hamilton
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 11:33am On Jan 11, 2013
n0m0705:
Well, many of us are not stuck with nairaland as you, I don't need to watch it cos I have seen different pictures of it on dailymail.co.uk before it even got to nairaland there was a particular picture that showed how ronaldo's hand was left hanging.
You saw pics of Ronaldo's hand hanging? Seriously you saw his hand offering a shake?

Come off it man! The angle of the camera made that impossible as there was an obstructing head. The best you could have seen was Ronaldo's arm not his hand. The rest is left to your imagination. You filled the void with what the media wants you to see.

Watch the video and see where he hit Guardiola with his elbow before Guardiola turned, how Guardiola reacted, and you would know it wasnt a handshake.
Or maybe you wouldnt. Media robots swallow everything they read online.

If you believe examining evidence means I am stuck with Nairaland, yours is just a sad case of baffling with bullshit when you realise you are incapable of dazzling with brilliance.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by nasty45(m): 11:54am On Jan 11, 2013
aribisala0:

That is exactly why many people die young.
So if IBB, Abdusalaam and OBJ sit down to discuss oil block allocation GEJ will come and tap their shoulder because he is eating Aso Rock Bread. Is it not his job to smile and sign?
You people are funny sha!!
that doesnt add up or made any sense...wtf is guardiola signin?smh
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
gentlegg:
but Messi is the only world best player that has gone to World Cup without scoring a half goal, has never played well in Argentina national team, has never played in another club, has never played good football without either or both Xavi and Iniesta on the pitch.
You really know how to hawk ignorance don't you? Now let me educate you.

(1) Messi has a world cup goal.

(2) Argentina is currently topping the South American worldcup qualifiers table. Messi scored 12goals for Argentina in 2012, including hattricks against Brazil and Switzerland, one in their win against Germany, and 5goals in the world cup qualifiers.
You call that 'not playing well'?

(3) Messi has scored hatricks in matches where neither Xavi nor Iniesta played. One such match is the Mallorca match in the 2011/2012 season. Xavi was on the stands, Iniesta was on the bench and was never brought in, Barca won 5-0, Messi scored three goals!
In his national team jersey in matches against Switzerland and Brazil too, Messi score three goals apiece. Does Xavi or Iniesta play for Argentina?

You Ronaldo fanboys need to look for something real to discredit this fantastic player with, else someone would always be around to flog you with facts!

2 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
Oahray: You really know how to hawk ignorance don't you? Now let me educate you.

(1) Messi has a world cup goal.

(2) Argentina is currently topping the South American worldcup qualifiers table. Messi scored 12goals for Argentina in 2012, including hattricks against Brazil and Switzerland, one in their win against Germany, and 5goals in the world cup qualifiers.
You call that 'not playing well'?

(3) Messi has scored hatricks in matches where neither Xavi nor Iniesta played. One such match is the Mallorca match in the 2011/2012 season. Xavi was on the stands, Iniesta was on the bench and was never brought in, Barca won 5-0, Messi scored three goals!
In his national team jersey in matches against Switzerland and Brazil too, Messi score three goals apiece. Does Xavi or Iniesta play for Argentina?

You Ronaldo fanboys need to look for something real to discredit this fantastic player with, else someone would always be around to flog you with facts!
You are on point.. 1000 likes from me.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2013
RuuDie:

I am Manchester United fan and Barcelona players are the humblest set of football players I have ever seem in my entire football watching life...maybe off the field, in their private lives, they are different; but as far as i am concerned, when they are in the Camp Nou or in front of the camera, they behave as they are expected to. If you follow La Liga, you hardly see the team get booed even in the 'harshest' of away grounds.

Its evident in their demeanor, the way they celebrate their goals, their comments at press conferences, even from their relatively quiet lifestyle...everything about them echoes modesty and humility.

No wonder they say...they are more than just a club!

Really? You mean behavior like this right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI93K9jNSvs
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by sexylabo(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2013
at least guadiola should have behaved more matured.....thats embarassing
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2013
gentlegg:
Messi is the only world best player that has gone to World Cup without scoring a half goal
More stats to expose your ignorance:
Figo went into the 2002 world cup as world best and didn't score a goal.
Ronaldinho went into the 2006 world cup as world best and didn't score a goal.

Like Figo and Ronaldinho, Messi went into the 2010 worldcup as world best and didn't score a goal. Like Figo and Ronaldinho, Messi provided assists.

Is Messi truly the only?
When you do not know something, it is better you keep quiet about it!

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 1:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
BodyKiss:

Really? You mean behavior like this right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI93K9jNSvs

there is nothing in that video but a dispute between Pique and Alves over error in defensive duties after an opponent had a shot a goal. Even goal keepers yell at their defenders over errors.

How someone would bring this video as proof that barca players are not humble beats me lipsrsealed
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
Oahray: there is nothing in that video but a dispute between Pique and Alves over error in defensive duties after an opponent had a shot a goal. Even goal keepers yell at their defenders over errors.

How someone would bring this video as proof that barca players are not humble beats me lipsrsealed

Just pointing out the fact that they're not the saints you described in terms of behavior. Yeah, players do get dispute (quietly) on the pitch, not quarrel around the entire field of play. Have you seen Barca players behavior when things didn't go their way?
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
nigerian culture is different 4rm theirs,u don't expect ronaldo to prostrate or scream out his name,abeg try n reason.

He has no reasoning faculty cos he was declared missing when sharing 'ako n uche' (WISDOM)
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by ignis: 1:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
IYA NGBALI: abeg shut up,wot do you expect him to do?shout or scream his name?what is wrong in tapping someone,s shoulder in a gathering?
What is not wrong with tapping the shoulder of your elder. Are they mates? Who is C Ronaldo compared to Guardiola in terms of age, record, trophies and all ramifications? That shoulder tapping is an arrogant act. C Ronaldo is very proud and arrogant. When he becomes like Messi, what will happen?

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
dmitroika:

dumb response.

Is he not saying the truth? Remove messi from barca and let's see what'll happen
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
BodyKiss:

Just pointing out the fact that they're not the saints you described in terms of behavior. Yeah, players do get dispute (quietly) on the pitch, not quarrel around the entire field of play. Have you seen Barca players behavior when things didn't go their way?
Seriously? Well I am not the one who called Barca players saints. Even the person you quoted said 'humblest players' not 'saints'. What you saw there was Pique criticising Alves for a defensive mixup and Alves refusing to accept it. That was no quarrel, much less a fight. You wanna know players that fight with team mates? Here is one:
Pepe vs Arbeloa of Real Madrid, the same team caoched by Mourinho who poked Tito Vilanova in the eye.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2i6xTw6fcco

and here's a list of 10 team mate fights compiled by footballspeak.com.
http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/12/17/Footballs-Top-10-Teammate-Bust-ups.aspx
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
kutchs:
Mr scholes I know losing 2 champs league final to Pep‘s Barca really hurts but it doesnt call for ur very unintelligent comments here.
I simply asked u to read carefully to see what informed the guy‘s comment and u‘re here forming Aristotle.

What even makes u think I'm a man u fan? Pple like u, talk b4 reasoning.

Go 2 sleep, its past ur bedtime
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by obi4eze(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
It's not fair when we insult or abuse others over issues. We can argue out our points without using abusive words. God bless you all.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Wahala90: 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
[size=14pt]You see what I mean when I said being a soccer club's fan is a sin. What has "Messi-is-better-than-Ronaldo" got to do with a thoughtless attitude of a coach off the pitch. For the good of the game, whether Madrid fan or not, we should condemn acts such as this arrogant snubbing, eye-poking, etc. On behalf of all Barca fans, I say we are sorry for the act of our legend coach Pep. We condemn the act totally: it is irritating, rude and spiteful. Apology Accepted?[/size]
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
Oahray:
Seriously? Well I am not the one who called Barca players saints. Even the person you quoted said 'humblest players' not 'saints'. What you saw there was Pique criticising Alves for a defensive mixup and Alves refusing to accept it. That was no quarrel. You wanna know players that fight with team mates? Here is one:

Well, I didn't bother comparing names in terms of who I responded to initially, thought It was the same person. My use of 'saint' didn't mean using the same word as the first poster. I was only trying to make a point that their not that 'all humble' as he portrayed them to be.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2013
Oahray:
Seriously? Well I am not the one who called Barca players saints. Even the person you quoted said 'humblest players' not 'saints'. What you saw there was Pique criticising Alves for a defensive mixup and Alves refusing to accept it. That was no quarrel, much less a fight. You wanna know players that fight with team mates? Here is one:
Pepe vs Arbeloa of Real Madrid, the same team caoched by Mourinho who poked Tito Vilanova in the eye.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2i6xTw6fcco

and here's a list of 10 team mate fights compiled by footballspeak.com.
http://footballspeak.com/post/2011/12/17/Footballs-Top-10-Teammate-Bust-ups.aspx

With all these, you're only proving me right, at least they do behave like other teams, and not that 'all humble'. Theirs in on the minimal because they're winning games. Remember, you hardly complain when things are going your way.

Didn't bother viewing the links though.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Oahray: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
BodyKiss:
Didn't bother viewing the links though.
I am not surprised. Its a typical Nigerian behaviour. Majority condemning Pep didnt watch the video either. Arguing based on hearsay and sentiments.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kutchs: 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
scholes23:

What even makes u think I'm a man u fan? Pple like u, talk b4 reasoning.

Go 2 sleep, its past ur bedtime
Are u not stupid to think I was referring to u as a Manu fan. Ur name silly boy informed my opening line.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
what pep did shows that their is a difference between age and maturity.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by BodyKiss(m): 2:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
Oahray: I am not surprised. Its a typical Nigerian behaviour. Majority condemning Pep didnt watch the video either. Arguing based on hearsay and sentiments.

Didn't bother viewing the links you posted, because it did nothing but to further prove my point.

Unlike you, I visit other sites too for news and comments from intelligent people. Just like this post and many other on Nairaland, I've seen them in others sites days ahead before they appear on nairaland. Even though I've seen that Ronaldo vs Pep video many times in other sites, I still viewed it here again. So, my friend, don't think everybody is like you that stick to Nairaland for news, they're late at that.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by azimibraun: 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
Pep ws d one who started d trouble.. He held on 2 a ball ronaldo wanted and threw it to messi.. Wen ronaldo wnt 2 quickly throw a ball that wll lead 2 an attack.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
kutchs:
Are u not stupid to think I was referring to u as a Manu fan. Ur name silly boy informed my opening line.

Ur now takin it personal. Behave like a grown up dat u are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 29th Sept 2012 / Wolves Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 15th December 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.