Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards (32252 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Wenger Hits Out At Ballon D'or Obsession / The Moment Guardiola Snubbed Ronaldo At Ballon D’or 2012 [pics + Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:17am On Jan 11, 2013
Costa2000:
You got it wrong,tapping someones shoulder here in Spain is normal,we do it in place of work thats not lack of respect,Pep is not happy with Cr7 thats all, nd not b/c of tapping.

I am very disappointed with the Spanish players at Real Madrid. Even if I am not a huge fan of Mourinho, they should support him in his quest for the Champions League. CR7 has done a lot for Real Madrid. It would have been nice for Casillas to at least vote him being his captain.

Even if they have a problem with Mourinho's approach, they should have been diplomatic about it.

I see CR7 leaving Spain this summer to PSG. He is really alone in Spain. No love at all for him there.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by lastpage: 5:22am On Jan 11, 2013
Polka-dotted Suit? shocked shocked

Who is in-charge of his wardrobe or his costume Designer?

Truly, too much money can make person Eccentric! wink wink

All the same, Congrats on sweeping all the awards.

Lastpage!

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by n0m0705(m): 5:52am On Jan 11, 2013
Oahray: Lol... Trust Nigerians. I am pretty sure majority didnt watch the video. I dunno where you guys got the idea of a handshake, or are you guys just commenting on what you read? Try to notice little details when you watch something.
There is a head obstructing our view so we do not really see any handshake gesture from Ronaldo. You guys only assume he did offer one.

When a person offers us a handshake, by reflex, our eyes focus on the offered hand, before moving to the owner's face. Nothing like that happened in that video. Guardiola turned to look at the person behind, long enough for the person to have said something, then turned away without looking down and without a word.

In my opinion, after watching the video severally, here is what happened:
Ronaldo is walking past (probably going back to his seat). He actually bumps into a seated Guardiola with his elbow. Guardiola turns to see who it is, Ronaldo stops and probably says something I think is an apology. Guardiola turns away and Ronaldo pauses for a moment then walks away.

Watch the video carefully and don't just swallow everything the media feeds you!
Well, many of us are not stuck with nairaland as you, I don't need to watch it cos I have seen different pictures of it on dailymail.co.uk before it even got to nairaland there was a particular picture that showed how ronaldo's hand was left hanging.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 6:11am On Jan 11, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

[size=15pt]For your information, ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE. Our old father says ''Principal in life cannot work with somebody or anybody's clock.

It's obvious that MESSI will never do that because he's got the manner and respect in all his doing. Messi is a humble player. Not like the ''Thug & Tout Players like Ronaldo, Baloteli, Rooney, etc... So tell me how is that possible for Pep to react to what Messi can never do? grin Be real bro.[/size]

If its that one I totally dis agree with u cos how would u say dat messi can never do such a thing. In case u don't know people change and human beings are totally unpredictable.
Unless messi has now bcome ur god since he has no stain of sin. U urelf b real.

Call a spade a spade and not a shovel
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 6:13am On Jan 11, 2013
ochukoccna: Pep is an arrogant piece of sh*t
Who is arrogant,CR7 stretching out his hand politely for a handshske or a Pep who turns around,sees a CR7& snobs his hand?
A one club coach who is yet to replicate his feat at 2-3 other clubs but is still holding on to as a press hyped best coach title
Arrogant sh*t hole

Tell dem. Its that same arrogance dat made him leave barca cos he wants 2 b winnin all d time and odas will b lookin lyk mumu
THrASH!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 6:17am On Jan 11, 2013
Iaz93:
LMAO! Now I get it! This nigger is daft!

YEEPAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by scholes23(m): 6:25am On Jan 11, 2013
kutchs:
Why dont you take ur time and go 2gh all the comments to see what informed his?

To reply one‘s comment is not compulsory bro.

I dunno how u reason @ times, watch dat video and take read d guy's comments very well. How does dis in anyway relate to d subject matter.
Its a pity dat pple like u don't reason well @ all
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by oscar2005: 7:03am On Jan 11, 2013
na so

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by RuuDie(m): 7:21am On Jan 11, 2013
One manager blatantly pokes someboody in the eye live on Tv being watched millions the world over. . .nobody says it was "unprofessional"! Another refuses to shake hands with a player, there is an outburst of outrage, name calling and mudslinging!!?

Oh, I get it. . .one is "Special", the other is not abi!

3 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Iaz93: 7:22am On Jan 11, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

cheesy Thanks. Glad you liked it smiley cheesy
Yeah, thanks too. I'm glad that you're glad.. ..
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by eriegua83: 7:34am On Jan 11, 2013
Dem 2 salute WELL."TAP AND LOOK" na be the salution.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Arsenate(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2013
Lmao...the Ronaldo fans really do have Ronaldo attitudes: check their posts, they are all rude and insultive. That's why they'd defend him with all their might. They tend to see their selves in the arrogant and rude Ronaldo.
Ronaldo forever in KING MESSI shadow...fact.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Arsenate(m): 7:39am On Jan 11, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I am very disappointed with the Spanish players at Real Madrid. Even if I am not a huge fan of Mourinho, they should support him in his quest for the Champions League. CR7 has done a lot for Real Madrid. It would have been nice for Casillas to at least vote him being his captain.

Even if they have a problem with Mourinho's approach, they should have been diplomatic about it.

I see CR7 leaving Spain this summer to PSG. He is really alone in Spain. No love at all for him there.
duuuh...Casillas has the right to vote for whoever he deems fit. Besides, he voted for Ronaldo as his 2nd best player so what's the fuss?? And yep, Ronaldo and Mou aren't loved in Madrid because they're all classless and damnn too Petty.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 11, 2013
Guardiola behaved like a spoilt kid.Onfield rivalry mustn't be shown off field.That's an act of unprofessionallism.Lionel can't do that.
As for Cr7,he can't win ballon d or in Madrid cos even his team mates like Cassillas,Marcelo and Ramos will die if that happens
Cassillas doesn't even celebrate his goals again.It repeated in copa feel rey tie against Celta vigo even when Cristiano's hatrick redeemed them from elimination.
In Spain,Cr7 is alone.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Jagzi3: 8:02am On Jan 11, 2013
Honestly, we have a lot of uncivilized, barbaric humans on nairaland. What is arrogant about Ronaldo tapping Pep's shoulder? I have seen players on tapp thier coach on their cheeks in Europe. Once I saw Evans touched Rooney's head. Pep has a personal issue with Ronaldo. Ronaldo's act in our culture could be seen as arrogant/disrespect. However, in the West, its a a different ball game.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by deletrue: 8:21am On Jan 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ronaldo is one little arrogant piece of shiit.imagine him tapping Pep as if he looks like his mate.no wonder he's losing out while a humble messi keeps soaring.
For very many years, i have not come across this accurate description. I means the degree of suitability of how Rolando is described by this your comments. It means you must be highly intelligent.
That boy called rolando is full of so much arrogancy. God himself warned that He will pull down those who arrogant and pride. Thanks
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by IYANGBALI: 8:26am On Jan 11, 2013
Jagzi3: Honestly, we have a lot of uncivilized, barbaric humans on nairaland. What is arrogant about Ronaldo tapping Pep's shoulder? I have seen players on tapp thier coach on their cheeks in Europe. Once I saw Evans touched Rooney's head. Pep has a personal issue with Ronaldo. Ronaldo's act in our culture could be seen as arrogant/disrespect. However, in the West, its a a different ball game.
pls tell them,some people are here using our african mentality to judge the issue.....abeg make una leave matter,this is Euorope.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by RuuDie(m): 8:26am On Jan 11, 2013
ibnquasale: Most of us are already fallen for this cheap respect thing being preached by Barcelona. I am a Chelsea fan and i dont have any issue with CR7, Messi or Guardiola, but the idea of humility is what baffles me.

The Barcelona players are acting script... on the pitch they are so arrogant and can simulate like mad, influence and mislead referees unnecessarily, yet they claim to show respect (maybe off field sha).

Ronaldo on the other hand may not be "humble", but what of the Barcelona player and their former coach? Pep Guardiola has no respect for anyone, even his players, he sidelined Pique for his relationship with Shakira (Can't a young man build his family himself without the influence of a coach?), got angry with Zlatan because the later comes to training with his sport car ( even Kobe flies his Chopper to training, while Lebron JAmes uses his bike most times,every man has a right to live) what of Etoo's case?

The truth is if he had knew the disgraceful act would be caught on tape, He (Guardiola) would have gladly accepted the handsome handshake!

I am Manchester United fan and Barcelona players are the humblest set of football players I have ever seem in my entire football watching life...maybe off the field, in their private lives, they are different; but as far as i am concerned, when they are in the Camp Nou or in front of the camera, they behave as they are expected to. If you follow La Liga, you hardly see the team get booed even in the 'harshest' of away grounds.

Its evident in their demeanor, the way they celebrate their goals, their comments at press conferences, even from their relatively quiet lifestyle...everything about them echoes modesty and humility.

No wonder they say...they are more than just a club!

4 Likes

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 11, 2013
mumumugu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphu65q3NrI

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cristiano-ronaldo/9792692/Cristiano-Ronaldo-snubbed-by-Pep-Guardiola-at-the-Ballon-dOr-awards.html
This is not true. The 38sec video doesnt suggest anything similar to a snub.
watch from the 15th sec, it was as if Ronaldo touched his shoulder as a sign of greeting.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by IYANGBALI: 8:27am On Jan 11, 2013
deletrue: For very many years, i have not come across this accurate description. I means the degree of suitability of how Rolando is described by this your comments. It means you must be highly intelligent.
That boy called rolando is full of so much arrogancy. God himself warned that He will pull down those who arrogant and pride. Thanks
hater leave the guy alone.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by NaijaNile: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2013
Haba...Pep spoke to him....watch it carefully again...when he spoke Pep's face was blocked from the view of the camera...watch closely again as his face came into focus...and watch his mouth...he appeared as if he just finished talking...

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by MrTAnonymous(m): 8:45am On Jan 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Ronaldo is one little arrogant piece of shiit.imagine him tapping Pep as if he looks like his mate.no wonder he's losing out while a humble messi keeps soaring.
gush,nigerians sha,what has Messi done?let Messi come to english premier league and play against d likes of R.Ferdinand,vermalean,david luiz,terry,vidic,evra,a.cole and lets see what he have 2 perform.*smh*
Even his former boss,pep he should just keep praying dat arsenal shouldn't cum 4 him.(coz even harry redknapp will lead barca to great height if given d opportunity)
C-baba,C-Noni,C-Sekiyen fun won and Mourinho keep doing dat thing.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by deletrue: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2013
akinmax: One day what happen in Egypt between Al-Masry vs Al-Ahly last year , will happen between Barcelona and Real Madrid fans and hundreds will be killed. mark my word!
The problem is with Mourinho who wants every football lovers to take him as the best. He wants to force every persons to take him higher than every other coach. It does follow that. Allow the people to watch his performance. That will speak for him. The two clubs are ok but with Barca higher than Real to some extend.
You are not far from the truth but make you no wish people to die o. He no good. Na whale be that
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Iaz93: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2013
deletrue: For very many years, i have not come across this accurate description. I means the degree of suitability of how Rolando is described by this your comments. It means you must be highly intelligent.
CHAI! Godforbid! Na u dull pass!!! LAWD have MERCY!!
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by deletrue: 8:55am On Jan 11, 2013
akinmax: One day what happen in Egypt between Al-Masry vs Al-Ahly last year , will happen between Barcelona and Real Madrid fans and hundreds will be killed. mark my word!
The problem is with Mourinho who wants every football lovers to take him as the best. He wants to force every persons to take him higher than every other coach. It does follow that. Allow the people to watch his performance. That will speak for him. The two clubs are ok but with Barca higher than Real to some extent.
You are not far from the truth but make you no wish people to die o. He no good. Na whale be that
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Iaz93: 8:59am On Jan 11, 2013
Some idiatz are just following the crowd!!! Ronaldo is arrogant! Ronaldo is arrogant! Nansense!
I don't see any bit of arrogance in the boy. At least he's not a fuccking hypocrite! He speaks his mind/truth. . . .
Most of you complaining, are even the arrogant ones. . .upon se una poor oh!
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=24pt]You people should say the truth. RONALDO should have show kind of respect.
If anyone one here believe RONALDO was right by taping Pep., then such person has been taping his own father at home.
If you can believe Ronaldo was right, then you've been taping your dad or mum at home by giving a backslap upper cut of their backhead as tap grin.
ok, for instance, assuming Ronaldo approach Pep in a good manner just like the way you can approach your uncle at home, do you think pep will snubs him? Hell nooo.

RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL[/size]

[size=20pt]
I'm waiting for your attack so that you can gain attention, rather than saying the bitter truth.[/size]
nigerian culture is different 4rm theirs,u don't expect ronaldo to prostrate or scream out his name,abeg try n reason.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by aglomar: 9:16am On Jan 11, 2013
Iyan ogun odun....
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by true2god: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2013
IYA NGBALI: abeg shut up,wot do you expect him to do?shout or scream his name?what is wrong in tapping someone,s shoulder in a gathering?
Madrid fans on the offensive. Attack is the best form of defence.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by dmitroika(m): 9:50am On Jan 11, 2013
kramer:

Points 2 to 9 would have been difficult to achieve without Messi

dumb response.
Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by Wahala90: 9:55am On Jan 11, 2013
Being a fan of a soccer club is a sin becos it beclouds your sense of judgement. When I saw this thread and then the video, I thought, for once, Barca (or anti-madrid) fans will condemn the attitude of their idol Pep Guadiola. But what do I see ... . Then Mourinho is right for his eye poking after all.

1 Like

Re: Guardiola Snubs Ronaldo's Handshake At Ballon d'Or Awards by kutchs: 10:06am On Jan 11, 2013
kramer:

Points 2 to 9 would have been difficult to achieve without Messi
If a coach is defined by what his player(s) contributes to his success then we can conviniently say that Mourinho would be nothing without Deco and Carvalho in Porto, Milito, Etoo and Sneider in Inter and Ronaldo in Madrid.
Ferguson would be nothing without Cantona, Beckham, Cole, Rooney, ronaldo etc.

Guy give Pep the credit he deserves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-clasico: Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (2 - 2) On 7th October 2012 / Wolves Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 15th December 2020 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 29th Sept 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.