Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,885 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Can You Date Your Workmate? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Your Workmate? (10699 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Can You Ever Date Your Ex Again? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
As the Americans will say 'never mess where you WORK'. The two don't ever mix.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: My conditions for dating a workmate:

1. She must come from a rich family. So that I don't spend my salary buying Japanese Brazilian hair

2. You must be beautiful. So that when I begin to see you in my dreams I will not be shouting, 'Blood of Jesus'

3. You must not be admired by the boss not to talk of having an affair with him. So that my days will not be numbered in that office.

Are u a les.bian? undecided
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
victorD3: My victims are coppers posted to my esterblishment. They can't help but pay me back in kind for my benevolence. But the strict rule is that we don't date, coppers are too cheap.
Chai! U be another role model wey I wan get. But I must be a teacher to do corpers, ain't it?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by lonipeter(m): 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ampeaceful: 4 me I can't... Its lyk sellin my dignity n respect in my workplace............cuz he wuld think am vry cheap........i wuldn't feel comfortable seein him especially talkin wif other colleagues.

'low self-esteem' and 'high jealousy rate'
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by cindyrella(f): 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
Nah!
Office romance has too much drama and headache abeg. undecided
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Nkonadi(m): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
No...

Reasons

1. Your work efficiency will be reduced
When the object of your desire is within your view during the work day, your job performance can begin to suffer. Your mind will become so preoccupied with looking for ways to sneak off for romantic interludes that you begin neglectingor delivering low-quality work and end up compromising safety and security aspects.
Once that happens, your boss along with your entire department and coworkers could lose confidencein your abilities and lose faith in your dependability.

2. Breakups could make for a hostile workplace
Let’s face it – most office romances don’t last, and when relationships outside of the workplace fail, the other half of the failed relationship will be in constant company, making the environment very uncomfortable and strained. If she is the instigator of the breakup or decides she wants to be " just friends" , jealousy may take its toll on you when you witness her flirting with other employees, going out on lunch dates and moving on with her life without you. On the other hand, if you ended the relationship, she might try making your life hell at work--and possibly try to get you fired.

3. It could lead to a sexual harassment suit against you
When subordinates date and then break up, the possibility of a sexual harassment suit is a real concern. The smiles and occasional glances, flirting, playful jokes, letters and naughty e-mailsthat were thought to be fun and flirty during therelationship could become evidence against you when dealing with someone who resisted the breakup and subsequently wants tohurt you.

4. It will lead to office gossip
Once your relationship is exposed in front of yourcoworkers, your private life won’t be private anymore. Being the subject of office gossip can destroy your chances for promotion and severelyharm your professional image. Furthermore, if you gossiped about other coworkers with her or bad-mouthed anyone during your good times together, there's a chance that those comments will come back to haunt you.

http://ourlovetimes..com/2013/01/top-reasons-you-should-not-date-your-co_3704.html

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Nkonadi(m): 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2013
ollah1:

Are u a les.bian? undecided

One of those men pretending to be women
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
Nkonadi:

One of those men pretending to be women

I see,their asse.s needs to be kicked
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by EzePromoe: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
ollah1:

I see,their asse.s needs to be kicked
Kick whose a$$? FYI, that was just a mistaken identity. I've corrected it. Get off my tender shoulder before I make a riddance of your a$$ angry
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Kzinne: 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
Table Leg :
I can and have bang.ed workmates but date ... NAH!
I have ban.ged dem everywhere i have worked .... Very impressive strike rate ...
very sure u must hav been working at mamaputs
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Kzinne: 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
Charliemorgano: @ ampeaceful since we are facing a similar challenge we can be friends to take our minds off them...send a txt 08032604005...check my profile
sooo cheap
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by shakur1234(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
Their is no crime in that,ones you think you found the right person then go ahead.cos am currently in one with a colleague who came for her IT but she will be leaving soon.
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Sunbellar: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
Charliemorgano: @ Sunbella....it seems u are suffering from diarrhoea of the buccal cavity..i don't see what i posted that classified me as being randy...i pardon you because dis is an online forum...if not you will be in court on monday for defamation of character and the damages will run in millions... CHARLIEMORGANO
Dont frett, such a randy demeanor is not supposed to be displayed in online forum.
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Charliemorgano(m): 7:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
@ Sunbellar....Ur problem is choice of words...is making friends classified being randy? like i said i forgive you next time don't make inflammatory and derogatory comments aimed at tarnishing my hard earned reputation
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by AGgal(f): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
Double post
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by AGgal(f): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
I just cnt do it. Workmate,coursemate,flatmate,agemate,anything 'mate'.
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Dogydogy: 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ampeaceful: hhhhmmm...
i dont give a dam ,any one dat step into my track is sure bet to be bangged.haaaaaaaaa,nice chance to strike
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by vascey(m): 9:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
surugede: i once dated one of my coworker and she was sacked 5 months later. management discovered that she was a distraction to my delivery and of course they want me to stay focused and produce the normal result. I did not know that that was y she was sacked till 1 yr later.

that's what you enjoy when you are a valuable asset to a company grin , rivers divide for you to pass.

Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by goodmike7: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
Smykell: It a mistake that i can't afford no matter how matured both of u are is doesn't make sense to me.....i have make dis mistake sometimes ago but not in working place na during NYSC

Did you really graduate from a university with your above commentna wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by goodmike7: 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
AG.gal:
I just cnt do it. Workmate,coursemate,flatmate,agemate,anything 'mate'.

Na babes like una dey get like 2 guys for same place,nor dey come show yourself here oo
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Charliemorgano(m): 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
it seems the feminine species in dis romance section are obviously juvenile...i quit
Join me in the politics section where i can exchange ideas and make friends without being classified as 'randy'
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hell NO!!!!
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Teejayphillip(m): 6:55am On Jan 13, 2013
No way...
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by AGgal(f): 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
goodmike7:

Na babes like una dey get like 2 guys for same place,nor dey come show yourself here oo
I no knw why u de attack me,every1 here is saying wat they want. Talk ur own leave my own. Abi i don date u n ur papa b4?
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by shevon: 2:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
Yes. And I actually married her at the end of the day. But it all worked out for us cos the whole office (including my MD) where fully in support of our union. That doesn't necessarily mean it is acceptable and will work for anybody that wants to try it. Affair? Yeah, that might work. Date? It will be a wee difficult but one can pull it off if you guys can work out a plan B (just in case HR decides to pull the coy policy handbook trick on y'ol)

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by afoo02(m): 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
abdulkayus: Am currently tryin to date one nw. And frm d look of d thing, she is also interested in me bt wan me to make first move.
Be a man and make a move b4 is too late.
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 13, 2013
no i no fit because she no go respect me
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by danarachi: 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
[color=#550000][/color]No i can and can never do such thing.But can give a try.
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by 2kurupt(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
Yup, me & my gf started off as colleagues. It all has to do with maturity and knowing where to draw the line between work environment & when you two meet
Re: Can You Date Your Workmate? by Ampeaceful(f): 5:58am On Jan 14, 2013
holly-pagan:
Poster what do u mean by date, sometimes its taking someone out to dinner or lunch its might be ur friend not by makin lov
it's lyk am gonna remix d topic 4 sm1 2 understnd:;:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol / If The Devil Sees You Are Doing Well He Will Give You A Girlfriend / "If You've Got Big Bums, Flaunt It!" - Ebony Stripper Flashes Nudes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.