Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? (2792 Views)

Ladies And Cleavage Revealing Photos; Stop Calling The Name Of God In Vain / What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
PURPOSE OF THREAD:To gain knowledge of nairalanders' opinions over desperation exhibited by most ladies in a relationship.

BODY OF THREAD:Before i narrate the story that motivated this question,let it be known that not every lady is being lumped under this 'umbrella of romantic desperation'.

Few days ago,i was chatting with my cousin(29yrs old) and he let me in on what happened the previous day.He bought a necklace worth 170grand for the girlfriend(she's 24).It's that expensive because he actually got it from this Chris Aire shop in Transcorp,Abj.
Since the gift was in a case,the g.f opened it and the expression on her face was that of disappointment.When my cousin told her how much it cost him and asked if she didn't like it,her response was that she thought it was a ring. shocked shocked Now,they have only been together for 8 months.My cousin did tell me he loves her but marriage has never crossed his mind. I was like,'why should it?'...
On a related note,a female friend of mine,during a conversation last week,told me the only thing on her mind was getting married!! shocked

Now my question-Why is it that when men are 'walking' in a r/ship,women are already 'flying'?...What is it with ladies and their desperate nature?
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by sistajay(f): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
Hey OP. . . . I got sometin for you wink Here it is, come and get it. It's ALL yours kiss
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
sista-jay:
Hey OP. . . . I got sometin for you wink Here it is, come and get it. It's ALL yours kiss
A kiss? Here is the deal,answer my qst and i'll gladly collect it...
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
I like young desperate ladies smiley
Their desperation shows they are ready to settle down with a man they do not wish to loose..!

However, if you meet an OLD desperate lady; 3 things are involve smiley Its either she was once a HARD-TO-GET GOOD or BAD lady.. or A OLD cargo who spent her days on earth flirting & s.e.xing every potent creature... smiley

Show me a 'young' desperate lady, and I'll show you a lady that truly loves you!

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
acidosis™:
I like young desperate ladies smiley
Their desperation shows they are ready to settle down with a man they do not wish to loose..!

However, if you meet an OLD desperate lady; 3 things are involve smiley Its either she was once a HARD-TO-GET GOOD or BAD lady.. or A OLD cargo who spent her days on earth flirting & s.e.xing every potent creature... smiley

Show me a 'young' desperate lady, and I'll show you a lady that truly loves you!
Bon!Someone,like the post above...But lets concentrate on the young desperate ones. I s it really out of love or fear of not getting another suitor if it doesn't work btw u two?
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
binger: Bon!Someone,like the post above...But lets concentrate on the young desperate ones. Is it really out of love or fear of not getting another suitor if it doesn't work btw u two?

I don't think so, smiley you see... these young ladies out of fear of loosing their men to outsiders/best friends/stranger/sugar mamas, tends to act desperate.. Marriage is a form of legal backing.. Its easier to snatch a dude in a relationship than a married man..
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
acidosis™:

I don't think so, smiley you see... these young ladies out of fear of loosing their men to outsiders/best friends/stranger/sugar mamas, tends to act desperate.. Marriage is a form of legal backing.. Its easier to snatch a dude in a relationship than a married man..
So its done out of fear and no longer love, as u pointed out earlier?
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
Dondav: Why should a guy date a girl, make love to her and make her believe he loves her without having any intentions of marrying her afterwards? If he loves her like he claims to, and she loves him back! What's stopping him from engaging her or Marrying her? ... What difference will it make when they're married?!
According to him,''they've not known each other too well.it was like a love at first sight and running to the altar to tie the knots after 8 months is too dangerous''
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Temi231(f): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
Not really good for a lady to be desperate. There is this friend of mine that took his friend(boy) to a church and introduce him to a man of God that he is the one he want to marry. See wahala... the guy just went dump because he told me he never said he is dating or "i love you to this babe but because of her desperate behavior he lost this guy. Quote: Ladies do not be desperate for marriage.. Your time will come
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
Fear of the unknown. Fear of being called old cargo. Fear of being the last spinster. Pressure from parents. Competing with friends. Sometimes pure senselessness.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2013
binger: So its done out of fear and no longer love, as u pointed out earlier?

Fear and protection are words we can not separate... and what you love, you protect (fear of loosing him).
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by free2ryhme: 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
i dont think it is a sign of desperation but rather a sign of I am riped i need to be plucked and not kept on the shelf ... I am ready, r u you?
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by ayobase(m): 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2013
Here is my reply binger...put urseelf in the shoes of the 24yrs old lady!
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2013
andromida: Fear of the unknown. Fear of being called old cargo. Fear of being the last spinster. Pressure from parents. Competing with friends. Sometimes pure senselessness.
Therefore it is right to infer that desperate ladies are not necessarily in love with their present partners.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Temi231(f): 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
ayobase: Here is my reply binger...put urseelf in the shoes of the 24yrs old lady!

24yrs is still young now... what about 30 above?
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
ayobase: Here is my reply binger...put urseelf in the shoes of the 24yrs old lady!
I'll say she is ungrateful for not appreciating a costly gift all because it was not what she expected. To me,that is a dusty attitude.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
Temi 23:
According to the 'civilized' folks,30 is the new 20.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by totalbaby(f): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
i don't know why some women do this especially after only 8months. I guess age, family pressure etc may be adding to her desperation which is sad because a lot of men usually run away from women like these.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
free2ryhme: i dont think it is a sign of desperation but rather a sign of I am riped i need to be plucked and not kept on the shelf ... I am ready, r u you?
Then she should have said it to him in a different occassion. Bringing it up at that point in time was wrong. It caught the guy(my cousin) off guard.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
totalbaby: i don't know why some women do this especially after only 8months. I guess age, family pressure etc may be adding to her desperation which is sad because a lot of men usually run away from women like these.
Seriously,u have a point there.Just that the guy is a good man,i don't expect him to dump her for that.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
binger: Therefore it is right to infer that desperate ladies are not necessarily in love with their present partners.

In some cases love yes love. Sometimes love can be mistaken for desperation.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Lexaccord(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
Sorry bro. All my entire life I never buy gift of 170k for woman b4 not that I can't afford it but becos one doesn't have to be frivolous all in d name of luv especially a girl u aint yet married to. Am sorry just my opinion!
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Beync(f): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
Her reaction was not good. even if she had marriage in mind, she would have looked for subtle ways to find out if the man was thinking towards the same direction with her. then she would have find out whether he's ready or not and if she cant cannot wait, she move on to the next available flight.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by ayobase(m): 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
binger: I'll say she is ungrateful for not appreciating a costly gift all because it was not what she expected. To me,that is a dusty attitude.

U should know that she is a responsible girl...she is not after ur cousin's wealth.....some will take and still ask for more!

Binger, tell me, what is this all about?
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
Lexaccord: Sorry bro. All my entire life I never buy gift of 170k for woman b4 not that I can't afford it but becos one doesn't have to be frivolous all in d name of luv especially a girl u aint yet married to. Am sorry just my opinion!
Why are u pitying me? U should be sorry for my cousin,not me. Oh well,na im papa money.So,not our biz.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by ayobase(m): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
Temi 23:

Its not about number of years, but act of responsibility and readiness!

Get marriied early and rest early!
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
ayobase:

U should know that she is a responsible girl...she is not after ur cousin's wealth.....some will take and still ask for more!

Binger, tell me, what is this all about?
Yeah,she's responsible & nt after money,cos she comes from a well-to-do family as well. @bolded,bro how do u mean? What are u suspecting?
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Beync: Her reaction was not good. even if she had marriage in mind, she would have looked for subtle ways to find out if the man was thinking towards the same direction with her. then she would have find out whether he's ready or not and if she cant cannot wait, she move on to the next available flight.
Exactly my point. So not cool. That is why i feel the only think that influenced that attitude was desperation.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
Beync: Her reaction was not good. even if she had marriage in mind, she would have looked for subtle ways to find out if the man was thinking towards the same direction with her. then she would have find out whether he's ready or not and if she cant cannot wait, she move on to the next available flight.
Re: What Is It With Some Ladies And Their 'Desperate' Nature? by ayobase(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
binger: Yeah,she's responsible & nt after money,cos she comes from a well-to-do family as well. @bolded,bro how do u mean? What are u suspecting?

Why won't ur cousin wanna engage her!
He is 29 and comfortable, what is he still waiting for...this girl in question is tired of gifts after and before gifts...she wants it defined!

Its hightime ladies started speaking their minds at a points in relationships...."What's happening to our relationship...when are we taking it to the next level"

Most guys out there are full of deceit. They end up dating these girls for months aor yrs and later breaking up....a responsible lady at the age of 24 dating guys at intervals after break ups wouldn't know when she is gonna be 35.

Mr A for 8 months
Mr B for 13 months
Mr C for 6months
Mr D for 18 months

And she keeps dating without these guys engaging or defining....hmmmm!

Girls wake up....we guys could be bad...tell him ur church mind....we say you are desperate cos we are not ready for you!

A man saying a girl is desperate deeply means that he does not love that girl....as simple as ABC!

I'm talking on behalf of my sister and fiancee!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Love Someone, Come In.. / Nairaland Ladies Must Dump Their Boyfriend If He Does This... / Linda Ikeji Suspected To Be Gay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.