Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You (11361 Views)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) / In Memory Only (Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 11:03am On Jan 26, 2013
We spent the following days exploring the city and all its historic marks. We strolled throughmuseums and of course Central Park couldn't go unseen, in all its fall beauty. Brynn was delighted but I'd watch her face light up even more when she'd pass by local bakeries…and the idea hit me.
I waited till she took a shower to make the phone calls. Tomorrow was the last day…my last chance. And from how it looked this could very well be the perfect proposal.

Now to the next chapter.....
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 11:06am On Jan 26, 2013
Chapter 6: An Unsuccessful Proposal
Climbing into the Taxi Cab's back seat, immediately getting a whiff of its cheap vinyl, I glanced over at Brynn as I closed the door behind us. Her eyes sparkled like hazel diamonds, anticipating what my so-called surprise could be. I didn't say much, knowing how easy it was to slip the details before ever leaving the hotel room.
"18 West 18th Street please." I announced.
"Aren't you going to give me a little hint?" her eyes narrowed.
"Just wait. You'll see."
Soon our driver pulled up in front of the shop. By opening the car door, you were instantly greeted with the scent of cookies and cake. Holding Brynn's hand we walked up to the window, gawking at the rows of colorful goodies screaming at my sweet-tooth.
"Are we going to grab a few treats here?"
"Even better." Smiling, I opened the door.
The air, once inside, was that much sweeter. It was so strong, you could taste it. Catching sight of one of the bakers, I politely waved knowing she was the person I talked with earlier.
"Welcome to Cupcake Café. You wouldn't happen to be Aaron would you?" The older woman came from around the counter.
"Yes, Ma'am…and this is Brynn, the aspiring pastry artist."
"Ooh I like that introduction." Brynn smiled back.
"Hello, I'm Michelle. So Aaron tells me that you want to open your own café some day?"
"Yes well, a dream for now..." Her shoulders shrugged.
"Well, Ann Warren opened this café back in 1988, and like all businesses it takes a little while. But her amazing skills, artistic background and education made her pastries standout from the rest. So you have to think, how will your business and taste be unique?"
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 11:08am On Jan 26, 2013
Shaking her head, Brynn's eyes were roaming across the room, from the display cases to the handwritten menu boards behind the register.
"Michelle agreed to have a one on one session with you." I added.
Brynn stood taller and eyes wider while squeezing my hand in quiet excitement.
"Yes, I'll be teaching you some of our signature techniques. Not focusing so much on the realistic but artistic touch. And other decorating tips."
"Oh this is amazing!" Turning towards me, Brynn gave me a short yet powerful hug.
"I'll see you ladies later then." Walking outside, all I had left to do was wait.
Strolling down the street, people watching and fiddling with Brynn's engagement ring in my pocket, hoping nothing would go wrong. Replaying the phone conversation I had with Michelle earlier, we arranged for her to have a previously made cake with the words " Will You Marry Me?" frosted on top. Then Brynn would be asked to observe the window display as she would showcase the cake they'd made together, while I'd kneel behind her waiting for her to turn around.
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 11:12am On Jan 26, 2013
Seemed easy enough but I couldn't get rid of this gut-wrenching feeling. Interrupted by a text alert, which I assumed was Michelle, my head jerked back. A picture of Brynn popped on my phone's screen, taken from the side row during the conference, leaving me wondering who had shot it. Certain it wasn't me. The number was unknown and there was no message below.
Maybe it was a friend of mine that had forgotten to add a comment. I took a closer look. Brynn had an amused gaze, attentive eyes and satisfying grin; proving that I had to be giving my presentation at that moment. My watch read close to noon, meaning it was time to head back to the shop
A tiny bell rang when entering, a sound I had missed the first time around. The girl at the register called for Michelle once she recognized me. Within moments their voices were heardcoming from the back room. Brynn was holding a masterpiece of blue, violet and gold frosted flowers on her cake.
"Brynn, you must show off your creation. Place it carefully there in the window display." Michelle instructed.
"Are you kidding?" Brynn gasped.
Nodding, Michelle then turned towards me and signaled me to the other end of the store. Already confused, as she didn't follow the steps we had discussed, nonetheless I followed.
"Hey, I thought we were going to display the proposal cake like we talked about?" I whispered, like we were old friends.
"About that…I don't think it's the wisest idea to propose right now."
What could she possibly know about us…or timing? One hour and she had the right to make that judgment call?
"Listen, I appreciate your input, but we had an arrangement." I said scowling.
"I know. And there is nothing I enjoy more than watching proposals but I'm telling you it's notthe right timing. One of the other girls was finishing a bridal cake and that got us to talking about marriage. I was thrilled about it, knowing your plans, but she insisted on not being ready for that commitment yet…I'm sorry."
Baffled, I scratched my forehead. The ring in my pocket was now burning a hole right through my thigh. Perhaps I was being too impatient, rushing such a huge step. Remembering Brenda's words and the possibility of her being right…maybe next year.
Brynn joined in, tugging at my forearm wanting me to follow her. There we stood, staring inside the window. Brynn smiling proudly over her finished product, never knowing her cake was the substitute.
One hand holding hers and the other rubbing the platinum band in my pocket; wanting desperately to slip it on her finger. That was my problem I was too desperate; understood.
"You did a beautiful job." I said bobbing my head.
"Do you really think so? How cool is it that she let me put it in front of the window huh." She began to swing my hand. "We should do something fun tonight to celebrate our last day."
"Of course, whatever you want."
"I wish we could go dancing but I'm not old enough." She frowned.
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2013
bouncer named Leroy. He was a nice guy with a thick Yorkshirer accent, just like Tony. It was no surprise that this club would live up to the hype of its reputation. Neon lights, dozens of disco balls hanging from the ceiling, mad strobe lights and already packed by 9:30.
Hoping to find a semi-empty place, for what I thought was an early hour, wasn't likely. Saturday night had more night life than I'd ever seen in the west coast. That's to be expected in the city that never sleeps right? Though no one warned me that this place was about to explode come midnight.
I trusted myself to have a few drinks but nothing to drastic. The club was wild and all I worried about was Brynn having a good time while remaining safe. On the plus side of dancing on the slammed floor, was my excuse to move even closer with my girlfriend. Electronica and techno beats filtered throughout the place, keeping us going for hours.
Not realizing the fun and exhausting exercise this had become, once it hit 1am, I thought I'd fall over. Being Brynn's first club experience, it was safe to say she would never forget it. And man could she dance! There was this one move that had me eating out of the palm of her hand. Standing with her back towards me, she'd glide her hand up the back of my neck and held it there. While I held on to her swaying hips, her other hand would wave in the air or tease me by caressing my face. Grrr!
Arriving at the hotel ten minutes past two, we barely made it to the bed. How could I be so tired yet unwilling to sleep? My face fell flat on the mattress, yet somehow Brynn was reluctant to call it quits. She knelt beside me in her sparkling navy blue dress, and began massaging my shoulders. Only that was sending me to a deeper sleep.
"Remember when you used to teach me things?"
Brynn's whisper resonated in my ears as I drifted back and forth.
"Teach you what things?" I said muffled.
"You know…kissing things…" The flirtatious tone in her voice was luring me to awaken.
"Yeah?"
"I miss that too."
"Brynn, are you a little…you know?" I asked amused, turning my head towards her.
"Am I what, drunk? Not too much."
"No. That's not what I'm asking. Are you…how can I put it without actually saying the word? Stimulated?"
"Stimulated?" She giggled. "That's a horrible alternative to whatever word you were trying to avoid."
"It's the first one that came up. I was thinking of the definition rather than a synonym. But what I really meant to ask, was if you were…aroused?"
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2013
"No I think you really wanted to say Hot. Didn't you?"
"Yes, but…now I know just how buzzed you are because you would never say that word being sober."
"That's true. I'm feeling pretty good. So, going back to those interesting lessons…"She smiled.
What a mystery this girl. Feeling pretty carefree and realizing that her state was one to take advantage of, with slim chances of her remembering tomorrow. I slugged on over and began tickling around her stomach.
"So tell me, why are you so afraid to make the big commitment?"
"Big commitment…you mean marriage? I don't know…maybe because my mom keeps warning me to wait. I think because she got married too young and then lost my dad but still had to raise me…by herself."
"But what about you? Forget about your age, school and work…could you see yourself with me in your future?" I asked desperately.
"Aaron, of course! Who else would I be with?" Brynn giggled while focusing her eyes on me.
"Brynn, I mean…do you see yourself marrying me?"
"I do."
I sat up wishing she'd sober up for this portion of the conversation. "So if I asked you to marry me…would that scare you away?"
"Are you asking me to marry you? Are you proposing right now?"
"No."
"Why not? It sounds like you are." She grinned.
"Because I want to make sure you're not intoxicated and completely aware of your answer."
"But I know my answer."
"Really? What's your answer?"
"I can't tell you…you have to ask first."
"But how do I know this is not your drunkenness talking?"
"You'll have to trust me…and I'm not drunk at all. Just happy."
Looking down at her, sensing her honesty, I walked over to my luggage bag. Holding the little black box firmly, when I turned around Brynn was already sitting at the edge of the bed. Biting her lips, the sparkle in her eyes grew larger than stars. This wasn't at all how I envisioned this moment. A part of me wanted to stop and save it for a far more memorablelocation but I couldn't hit the brakes.
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2013
That's all ƒσя now
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
Wow! Wow! Wow! D@s all i can say...
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by Fishoy(f): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
jiraiyas: That's all ƒσя now

wen is d nxt update?u r too much,,,,,
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2013
Fishoy:

wen is d nxt update?u r too much,,,,,
After soaking the frustration of Azarenka beating Li ₪a 2∂aƔ on australia grand slam I will edit nd post
Hope U̶̲̥̅̊ can wait sire?
A̶̲̥̅♏ most grateful ƒσя ur compliment ♏v hats down ,bt dats if I ve any on
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
Candis009: Wow! Wow! Wow! D@s all i can say...
Seriously
Your name will be in ♏v next book jst tell '♍ ur name pls .........??
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 2:05pm On Jan 26, 2013
Who so far as been ur best character pple??
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by LaurinaDavid(f): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh........
You for finish d proposal naa
My best character so far has been
Aaron, coz he is doing everytin to make their relationship work, would love to see how much Brynn can give for their relationship
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
Laurina David: Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh........
You for finish d proposal naa
My best character so far has been
Aaron, coz he is doing everytin to make their relationship work, would love to see how much Brynn can give for their relationship
Wow but am like Aaron u knw ,hope u do like me aswell ..........
Anyway I will finish it soon "the proposal part ok
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
Shaking my head and smiling till it hurt, I knelt down. My hand trembled as I raised the box, staring into her glistening eyes. I had grown used to stomach pains and dizziness but the feeling of weightlessness was an entirely new sensation. Losing all feeling throughout my body once I opened the tiny case.
"Brynn Elise Rael, you would not only make me the happiest man on earth but the happiest man in heaven…if you would marry me?" I choked.
Brynn covered her mouth but two tears had already escaped down her cheeks. She said she had an answer for me but in reality she was at a loss for words. Did she doubt my seriousness? The delay in her response was beginning to worry me, but I had spoken too soon. Shaking her head she remained speechless yet gave me the answer I wanted to hear.
A gush of air blew out of my mouth as I sighed in disbelief. Still shaky but managing to slide the small diamond ring onto her finger. The sight of Brynn becoming my fiancé was too muchto take in. My face fell in her lap as gravity set in. Her hands cradled my head as she bent over to hold me. Alas the torture was over and I was one step closer to marrying her.
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Thanks for following frnds am grateful ƒσя your comments your love and all but this the much I can go .maybe when is out publish then we all can get hand on it but for now †̥̥ ђ !ş much I can go ,luv you all
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
Fishboy I have posted ,Laurina have completed it and Candis thanks
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by Fishoy(f): 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
jiraiyas:
After soaking the frustration of Azarenka beating Li ₪a 2∂aƔ on australia grand slam I will edit nd post
Hope U̶̲̥̅̊ can wait sire?
A̶̲̥̅♏ most grateful ƒσя ur compliment ♏v hats down ,bt dats if I ve any on

sure i'l manage buuuttt am kind of a grl nt sire...tnks aniway fr d gd job
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2013
Fishoy:

sure i'l manage buuuttt am kind of a grl nt sire...tnks aniway fr d gd job
Oh A̶̲̥̅♏ so sorry dear ,hope ve been forgiven
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2013
Fishoy thanks ƒσя all ur plenty compliment nd sorry I mistook U̶̲̥̅̊ ƒσя a guy ,I guess I never did watch ur sweet name closely ,even though am stoping héré ƒσя now ,I will start a even better and sweeter story héré 2∂aƔ ,plss dnt b angry wit '♍ I beg you
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
I just pulled your leg frnds I will continue ........
Now †☺ next chapter
Title :the stalker
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 7:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
Chapter 7: The Stalker
My eyes shot open to a horrible dream. Brynn had left her ring on the pillow and flew back to Pcity alone, without a note or anything. So far, she was still sleeping besideme but that didn't brush away the fear of her regretting everything in the morning. Heart pounding scared shitless, falling back asleep was doomed impossible.
Awake since 5:30am, desperately wanting to wake Brynn up and ask her if she still wanted to marry me. I had no problem watching her till then. Hours passing like minutes, her body began to move around more. Sensing her stretching her legs and
back under the covers, I pretended to be asleep.
The grumbling in her throat gave me clear indication she was up. When my eyes opened, her hand was raised in the air, gazing at the ring. Hesitant to look at her face, yet I wascaught by surprise to see her biting her lips and…looking genuinely happy. I shifted my head, catching her attention. A pair of enormous greenish honey brown irises looking back at me, smiling.
"Good morning." I whispered.
"Good morning, future husband." she grinned.
"Ah, music to my ears. You don't know how thrilled I am to hear you say that."
"Why, did you honestly believe I was that drunk I wouldn't remember?"
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
smiley. U put a smile on my face.. smileysmiley. U put a smile on my face..
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
Candis009: smiley. U put a smile on my face.. smileysmiley. U put a smile on my face..
You taught I won't continue the story before
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
"Ugh…maybe?"
"I actually dreamt about our wedding…" she added, in a daze.
"About that, I know this is a huge step for us. So I want you to decide on the date. AndI don't mean it like I'm throwing the weight on you. It's just if it were up to me…I'd marryyou in the next 30 minutes…or a year if you needed."
Smiling even wider, she looked back at her hand. "It's going to take me a while to get used to this."
"A good thing?" I asked perplexed.
"A wonderful thing!"
"Just don't punch me with that hand now." I kissed her forehead.
Laughing she snuggled up next to me, and I held her for the next hour or so. We eventually got our things together and made it to the airport.
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 8:55pm On Jan 26, 2013
A worthy trip after all, unforgettable Yorkshire. I had someone take a couple of pictures of us in front of the window with the aircrafts in the back; a keep sake. And while Brynn wasn't looking, I'd catch her snapping pictures of her hand with her phone camera; texting like crazy.
"I'm going to get us some coffee for the flight. Your usual?"
Brynn nodded, embarrassed that I caught her in another snap shot. Except she included me in one before I walked off. After placing the order, my phone began to beep consistently. When I checked, there were about 5 texts of congratulations. Devin, Elizabeth, Lilah, Isaiah and Janet; I hadn't even told my friends yet. There was no bettertime as I waitied for my coffee. Soon their texts also filled my inbox.
"Aaron, one Tall Vanilla Spice Latte and Venti Caramel Macchiato!"
"Thanks." I smiled and tipped the jar.
Walking back, my phone wouldn't stop going off still. I handed Brynn her cup, and took out my phone again. Paralyzed and faking a smile, in order to not startle her, I looked at another picture from the mysterious sender. This time it was of us two dancing last night at the club and it had the word congratulations. There was no mistake this was some sort of harassment. I looked around for any sign of suspicious bystanders and saw nothing.
Tempted to delete it but realizing this was evidence, I saved it and refused to show it to Brynn. The last thing she needed was to feel unsafe and paranoid. Once I got back, I'd go to the police and see if there was a way they could retrieve the number somehow. In the meantime Brynn, my fiancé, was sitting there innocently.
I knelt down, resting my hands on her knees. "How's my fiancé?"
"Still in shock." She smiled down at her finger. "This means I have to keep my nails nice and pretty if I'm going to be showing off my ring back home."
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 8:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
"You're hands always look beautiful." I said grabbing and kissing them.
After easing my mind from the disturbing text, we were soon called to board the plane. We were assigned the very last row of seats on this giant airplane, meaning it was a piece of cake to get on but it would take us forever to get out.
I rested my eyes as we held hands to take off. Thankfully the last rows were on the same page about it being nap time; all the windows were shut and the overhead lights off. That's what I'm talking about! Sitting on the right side, to my left, were a few heavier guys already knocked out. It didn't take them very long.
Usually I liked to wait for the flight attendant to bring me a drink before dozing off but considering the long wait…I wasn't up to it this time. It got very quiet. All that was heard was the cool air blowing over our heads, the perfect white noise to fall into a peaceful slumber. Brynn on the other hand, the one that got her 8 hours of sleep, decided to do a little teasing.
"I've never had a kiss on an airplane before."
My eyes peeked over. "Well that was random."
"Just saying…" she shrugged.
Knowing Brynn and how I had to read in between the lines, this was her subtle way of hinting at the obvious. Never been strong enough to turn down a kiss from her, but she had better awaken me somehow because my body was shutting down. The coffee had failed.
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
†̥̥ ђ !ş t̶̲̥̅̊ђε much I could go ƒσя now ,hopefully later 2nyt ,jst hope you all enjoying it A̶̲̥̅̊₪d of cos I didn't let U̶̲̥̅̊ all down
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by LaurinaDavid(f): 11:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
i'm loving it,
but i dont get deir geographical location, there is lagos, pcity, beverly hills e.t.c its confusing,
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by jiraiyas: 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
Laurina David: i'm loving it,
but i dont get deir geographical location, there is lagos, pcity, beverly hills e.t.c its confusing,
Pcity were Aaron stays ,lag were Brynn stays ,but Beverly hills like a town in lag were Brynn stays note A̶̲̥̅♏ nt using Lag as in nigeria oooº°˚˚°ºooo
Hope ve been able †☺ help?
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
U r nt in anyway lettin us dwn,we r proud of u
Re: Love And Romance : Crazy In Love For You by Fishoy(f): 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
jiraiyas: Fishoy thanks ƒσя all ur plenty compliment nd sorry I mistook U̶̲̥̅̊ ƒσя a guy ,I guess I never did watch ur sweet name closely ,even though am stoping héré ƒσя now ,I will start a even better and sweeter story héré 2∂aƔ ,plss dnt b angry wit '♍ I beg you

i sure wil if u continue to giv me gr8 stories.....jst kiddin,,,,kip d gd work dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Bled To Get Here / Beautiful Love Song / Tomi Adesina Shares Pictures From The Signing And Reading Of Her New Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.