Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite (10697 Views)

Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) / Max Gbanite And CBN Governor Sanusi On Channels TV - Live / Southeast Governors Have Mortgaged Ndiigbo Future—max Gbanite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
An expert has spoken. GBAM!!!
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by vanstanzy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
OBJ didn't implement it but allowed for it to be implemented. And Sharia law didn't bring about the Boko Haram. Terrorism had always been in existence in other parts of the world even before Sharia law came on board in Northern Nigeria.

Then why is there no terrorism in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other arab states that practice Sharia except Afganistan, Pakistan and co.? Mr Granite, i don't agree with ur view.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by badassnigga(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2013
Mr Gbanite must b out of touch with reality. how could u blame obj when we all know that constitution doesn't go against d Shari'a laws. moreover obj disapproval then would av even cause deadlier problem because they would b looking from religious angle that Christian president was out to prevent Muslims from practicing their religion.
furthermore there is nothing wrong in obj criticizing Gej publicly.
Gej is not in charge and is not even commander in chief, he is too weak to tackle BH because Gej did say he would release d sponsors of BH but nothing has been heard after .
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by DANILSA(m): 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
CROWÉ: You are right, Abuja is as far north as I've gone but you seem to have a better understanding, I'd ask that you fill me in. No matter what I read it can be biased as well and god knows I am not going there to find out for myself tongue, tell me what goes on in the north as far as you understand it.
PEOPLE ARE KILLED FOR COWS
THEY OPERATE SHARIA LAW
THE ONLY PLACE IN AFRICA WITH POLIO
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by mu2sa2: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
The man is not being fair to OBJ. Neither OBJ nor what people call introduction of sharia is the cause of the violence. The violence started in 2009 even though boko haram had being in existence since 2001 as a peaceful preaching group. Boko haram violence should be blamed on ex-gov Sherriff who used police to start killing bh members for political reasons. Bh then acquired arms themselves and the rest is now history.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by gp66(m): 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
fellis:

@bold, making statements in hindsight is not going to solve any problem.
Sharia laws were practised in OBJ's time without any terrorism problems because he was capable of handling situations like that when they arose and nipping them in the bud.
And there is nothing wrong in publicly condemning Jonathan's lackadaisical attitude toward the Boko Haram menace in Nigeria, for crying out loud, how many more people does he want to get killed before the he does something serious about the issue?
The problem is not OBJ but our inept and rėtarded president that does not know what he is doing.

This Gbanite is clearly trying to curry favour from GEJ.

u r talking rubish. When borno state former governor was paying them 5million every month why wil they make trouble. When this gov refused to pay them they started making d state and d nation ungovernable.

Look at what is happening in Mali today. Islamist rebel are trying to capture d Northern mali so that they wil islamise the north entirely and creep to the south. Islam will go down low in this world. What a religion of jihad and violence
God pass islam.

Islam ur days are numbered in the world.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by CROWE: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: moreover obj disapproval then would av even cause deadlier problem because they would b looking from religious angle that Christian president was out to prevent Muslims from practicing their religion.

So we allow them to do sharia it leads to terrorism, we stop them from doing it it leads to terrorism, that is an argument that we are not supposed to be married in the union, No be by force, make arewa a reality in 2015!!!!

vanstanzy: OBJ didn't implement it but allowed for it to be implemented. And Sharia law didn't bring about the Boko Haram. Terrorism had always been in existence in other parts of the world even before Sharia law came on board in Nigeria.

Then why is there no terrorism in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other arab states that practice Sharia except Afganistan, Pakistan and co.? Mr Granite, i don't agree with ur view.

I don't understand your point, Nigeria is not an Islam state, that is precisely the problem here, Christians and sharia law practicing Muslims in the same state, a recipe for disaster.

1 Like

Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by free13: 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2013
mu2sa2: Th man is not being fair to OBJ. The violence started in 2009 even though boko haram had being in existence since 2001 as a peaceful preaching group. Boko haram violence should be blamed on ex-gov Sherriff who used police to start killing bh members for political reasons. Bh then acquired arms themselves and the rest is now history.

Shut up!!!!!
When boko haram was killing christians and burning churches, what did you say. Now that JTF has been called in, you are now making noise.
Boko haram was killing christians in small villages just like they are doing in Jos. But they muslims did not do or say anything because it was christians being killed. Now you are shouting because JTF has being drafted to Borno.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2013
sharia is corruption.......
Islam is war.......
Muhammad is a devil incarnate..........
Quoran can be better use as toilet tissue......
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by ochukoccna: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
okpara ugo: An expert has spoken. GBAM!!!
Expert my black a$$
Calamity Jo's lackey more like it
What did Buhari say/do that 'this expert' lumps him with OBJ?
2015 battles all around assailing our ear drums by foot soldiers
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
Anyone blaming GEJ for Boko Haram insurgency has got a brain tumor. Terrorist attacks don't just start it takes years to plan and execute and the planing has been on for a long time incase any non northerner takes power.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by vanstanzy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

So we allow them to do sharia it leads to terrorism, we stop them from doing it it leads to terrorism, that is an argument that we are not supposed to be married in the union, No be by force, make arewa a reality in 2015!!!!

I don't understand your point, Nigeria is not an Islam state, that is precisely the problem here, Christians and sharia law practicing Muslims in the same state, a recipe for disaster.

U know, u re right. I didn't see it from that point of view.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by goodmike7: 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
safarigirl: Thay have started with the blame game again.

Earth to Nigerian leaders: We don't care how it started or who started it, if you can't provide a solution kindly shut your trap and return to your life of obscurity please

this mumu don come here come expose her foolishness and illiteracy again
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by goodmike7: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
I have said this over and over again,it was very wrong of a former president to make such deregatory statement about the current president,if he was wise as he claims what stops him from calling the incumbent president and relay his advise to him on a personal ground but no,he went ahead to expose his hatred and bad belle for the whole world to see. I quite agree with gbinite because he is a security expert,he has appeared severally on focus nigeria and i know an intelligent man when i see one.
That being said,obasanjo spent eight years in power and could not address the BH,although it was not loud in his time because he played to the piper and always appeased the northern leaders,but the issue here is that Hos excellency the current president is not doing thesame and hence the insurgence of BH which is purely political.I advise the foemer president to tow the part of honour like IBB,shonekan,Gowon etc to pray and keep quiet if he has nothing good to say about the current government.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by obitrac: 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2013
miiraaj:

Can a muslim be allowed to be governor in a christian dominated state? The basis of a united Nigeria is understanding and respecting the will of others even if you don't share the same belief or ideology. And FYI,those at the top knw the basis of a united Nigeria because when the loot,they don't consider tribe or religion,they work together for their collective interest and leave the masses to kill themselves over tribe nd religion.
"lagos state is christain dominated but a muslim is governor and christains don't mind
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Drunk: 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Granite Gbanite Seeking attention
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by mbhs139(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
obitrac: "lagos state is christain dominated but a muslim is governor and christains don't mind

Can you please show your statistics? I'm waiting for it. Otherwise, take a trip to ...

1 Like

Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2013
Obj should go and sit dowm.he remain d worst president as far as domocracy is concern.Thief like him should never open his mouth for once to blame anybody.He went to europe and sign they should repertrate all naija who did not hv stay. That he has a big FARM were they can when they are back.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
[/quote]Can a muslim be allowed to be governor in a christian dominated state? [quote]

Adams oshiomole is a muslim governor in a state with over 90 percent xtian population.Where in the north can that happen
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by umorlucky: 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
OBJ is a criminal 4 introducing what will lead to BH,all those aboki animals that are agaist the government of gej,shold go and huge transformer,for God shake why can't you abokis alow the inocent gej 2rule peaceful,wicked bh northernes witch..
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
chukwudi44: Can a muslim be allowed to be governor in a christian dominated state?

Adams oshiomole is a muslim governor in a state with over 90 percent xtian population.Where in the north can that happen

Wow! I never knew the Comrade governor was a Muslim. That just confirms that there is a greater religious tolerance in Southern Nigeria. Though late Governor Yakowa was a Christian governor in
a largely Muslim state.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Xfactoria: 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
Gbanite is not different from Jonathan in his thinking, very myopic and illogical!

Nigeria is a federation and states have the autonomy to make such laws as Sharia albeit it was politically motivated. OBJ could not have won a case in court challenging the introduction of Sharia and if the states were peaceful about it, why should it worry OBJ?

Boko Haram is a terrorist organization and by its own pronouncement, have no allegiance to any arm or form of government in Nigeria. They go about killing innocent people and are anything but peaceful. Gbanite is so re-tarded!!!!

And to have suggested amnesty, Gbanite is an e-diot. The Niger Delta guys who got amnesty clearly drew the line. They fought with government. They didn't extend the fight to innocent citizens and they had a clear statement about what they want - development of the Niger Delta. Boko Haram is fighting with everybody, government and citizens without any discernible reason or purpose. Foolish Gbanite wants them to be compensated for killing innocent folks? God punish him!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by free2ryhme: 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2013
similar post exist since 10th Jan...

https://www.nairaland.com/1158107/obasanjo-gave-birth-boko-haram

Mods are not doing their jobs right ....
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2013
CFCfan: @Omexonomy: If Christians can't be allowed to be governors in the North-east or North-west, and vice versa, then what's the basis of a united Nigeria?
Shut up!! Will Muslims be allowed to be governors in the South-east or South-south??

1 Like

Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by nagoma(m): 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2013
CROWÉ:

Taraba is just above Cross River, a thin area to the west of Benue separates them, they are literally on the same latitude, if Benue is middle belt then Taraba must be middle belt.

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/middlebelts_120996736.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

The term Northern states generally refers to the sharia states and a to a lesser extent the ones with partial sharia law. When People say Northern states it is less literally geographic, that's how I have come to understand it.

You have a poor understanding of geography and history.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Knight1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
I agree with Gbanite...sharia law..sharia courts etc led to this. cos they feel the sharia is superior to the constitution. It's only natural for people to go a mile when you give them an inch.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
Zarian5:
Shut up!! Will Muslims be allowed to be governors in the South-east or South-south??

Governor Oshiomhole, a Muslim, is the governor of Edo State.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by nagoma(m): 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
chukwudi44: Can a muslim be allowed to be governor in a christian dominated state?

Adams Oshimole is not a Muslim please.

1 Like

Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by nagoma(m): 7:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
miiraaj:
Can you please tell me which are the northern states.
there are 19 Northern states and even toddlers in kindergarten know them.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by confusion247(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
obitrac: "lagos state is christain dominated but a muslim is governor and christains don't mind
Be informed that Yoruba muslems are different from hausa/fulani muslems. Just consider how they killed a christian governor in kaduna and celebrated his death. Nigeria is not one and can never be. Now which law is operational in Nigeria? Sharia law or constitutional law?
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by confusion247(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
Zarian5: Shut up!! Will Muslims be allowed to be governors in the South-east or South-south??
:
Muslems can't be governors in the south east or south south because we don't want boko haram, suicide bombers, jihadist and majihadeen.
Re: Implementation Of Sharia By Obasanjo Created Boko-Haram! – Gbanite by confusion247(m): 7:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
nagoma:
there are 19 Northern states and even toddlers in kindergarten know them.
Do you mean that middle belt is now a northern state?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“I Forgive You” – Okorocha Tells Umeh / Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku / Religion Population According To Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.