Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,308 members, 7,954,233 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos (1972 Views)

Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' / Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Can A City Like Lagos Suddenly Declare Itself Its Own Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Proxytalk: 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
If the pattern of developement adopted by curent administration in Anambra state is sustained, then the state may soon be like Lagos. But being like lagos does not mean that the state ll soon boost of sky scripers in vI and marina, but in terms of disappaerance of typical villages and emergence of more towns. last time i visited onitsha i feel like cursing obi but not dis time that i visited my village, solid tared roads with drainages that cuts across towns. in my villa i saw shops springing up

3 Likes

Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by CROWE: 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
That's awesome, its great to know that there are some of us who are progressive.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by safeact(m): 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ok na!
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
Proxytalk: If the pattern of developement adopted by curent administration in Anambra state is sustained, then the state may soon be like Lagos. But being like lagos does not mean that the state ll soon boost of sky scripers in vI and marina, but in terms of disappaerance of typical villages and emergence of more towns. last time i visited onitsha i feel like cursing obi but not dis time that i visited my village, solid tared roads with drainages that cuts across towns. in my villa i saw shops springing up
What happened in Onitsha that made you feel like cursing Peter Obi?
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Proxytalk: 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
Sorry not curse really but sites around upper iweka and adjoining roads and touts was very appalling nevertheless i noticed from uga junct to ekeson park is quite ok and awada road i sited i think mgbemena.
But he must give upper iweka a face lift cos everybody passing through Anambra must pass upper iweka and may never have opportunity to enter inside the state to see his real developement
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:22pm On Jan 13, 2013
I've just about had it with all these Obi 'otimpkus' angry......it's very annoying!

I'm yet to see news-stories, pics or videos that would give me the confidence that anything besides 'local gov't grade' stuff is happening in that state; which is a shame b'cos Anambra by rights should be amongst the top 5 richest states in Nigeria, and have a conducive welcoming environment to attract businesses and people from all over Africa and the world.

If any Igbo is HAPPY with the present state of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi, then such a person doesn't have a great vision for where they want us and our cities to be in the 21st century.

I'll let you in on a secret: contrary to what anyone may think of my feelings towards the Obi gov't (based on my previous posts), i actually think -all things considered- that he's done fairly ok these past 3 years (60% ok); but if we all start praising his gov't, with no one 'holding their feet to the fire', then they may slacken and think the job is done. Anyone notice that lately Orji has started to perform a bit better?; it's all down to criticism and the power of the internet.

Ka Chineke meziokwu! smiley
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
Proxytalk: If the pattern of developement adopted by curent administration in Anambra state is sustained, then the state may soon be like Lagos. But being like lagos does not mean that the state ll soon boost of sky scripers in vI and marina, but in terms of disappaerance of typical villages and emergence of more towns. last time i visited onitsha i feel like cursing obi but not dis time that i visited my village, solid tarred roads with drainages that cuts across towns. in my villa i saw shops springing up

You should be DEMANDING and EXPECTING TO SEE ''solid tarred roads with PEDESTRIAN SIDEWALKS OVER (covered) DRAINAGE''. That's what you call a road.

NOT ''solid tarred roads with drainages'' (ie open gutters).

Until you people start demanding to be treated like 21st century humans like your counterparts around the world, and not like dogs, you will keep getting short-changed in this country. Any governor that constructs a town road, and then just builds a gutter by the side with no pedestrian sidewalk is an ignorant illiterate who should be pelted with stones, not praised.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Wadeoye(m): 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2013
Show us pix of development in Anambra... We have been asking for pix but nobody could show us anything.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by CROWE: 4:23pm On Jan 13, 2013
Can I ask you guys, in Nigeria do states collect tax or is that the federal government, is the only money given to states the annual budget? It will help explain why developing states in this country is a bit difficult.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by vanbonattel: 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2013
Wadeoye: Show us pix of development in Anambra... We have been asking for pix but nobody could show us anything.

That will not be very easy..... Have you not heard that anybody that takes pictures of developement in omambalaland will go to jail for 21 years?.......peter obi is the best governor in naijiriya but he banned the masses from showing pictures of his marvellous $15 billion dollars projects
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by CROWE: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
Are you serious, there is no freedom of press in Nigeria? Or was that sarcasm, I can't tell undecided

CROWÉ: Can I ask you guys, in Nigeria do states collect tax or is that the federal government, is the only money given to states the annual budget? It will help explain why developing states in this country is a bit difficult.
*bump*
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by vanbonattel: 4:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
CROWÉ: Are you serious, there is no freedom of press in Nigeria? Or was that sarcasm, I can't tell undecided

*bump*

Press or no press, pictures are not allowed in anambra, simples!
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by CROWE: 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
Somebody needs to appeal/protest that crap, he cannot do that. Do we look like North Koreans?
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by vanbonattel: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2013
CROWÉ: Somebody needs to appeal/protest that crap, he cannot do that. Do we look like North Koreans?

Yes, we need to stage protests for he right to showcase all of peter obi achievementst

Singing..... All we are saying......show us anambra pictures.......
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by doja(m): 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
Proxytalk: If the pattern of developement adopted by curent administration in Anambra state is sustained, then the state may soon be like Lagos. But being like lagos does not mean that the state ll soon boost of sky scripers in vI and marina, but in terms of disappaerance of typical villages and emergence of more towns. last time i visited onitsha i feel like cursing obi but not dis time that i visited my village, solid tared roads with drainages that cuts across towns. in my villa i saw shops springing up

Topics like this without pictures are worthless
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by vanbonattel: 5:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
doja:

Topics like this without pictures are worthless

He was not allowed to take pictures, sss guys are watching and will arrest anybody with camera.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by GAR3TH(m): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
CROWÉ: Can I ask you guys, in Nigeria do states collect tax or is that the federal government, is the only money given to states the annual budget? It will help explain why developing states in this country is a bit difficult.

Many states such as Lagos, Edo, Rivers, Cross Rivers and a few others not only collect revenue from taxes but they also have Public schemes that also adds to their IGR. Though not that many states have internally generated revenue, the majority of states still rely only on monthly allocation.

@ Anambra becoming like lagos, I dont even see how that is possible giving the lackluster development the state has received. Development is alot deeper and complex than a simple patching of road. Anyway like they say pictures are worth a thousand words.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by vanbonattel: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
GAR3TH:

Many states such as Lagos, Edo, Rivers, Cross Rivers and a few others not only collect revenue from taxes but they also have Public schemes that also adds to their IGR. Though not that many states have internally generated revenue, the majority of states still rely only on monthly allocation.

@ Anambra becoming like lagos, I dont even see how that is possible giving the lackluster development the state has received. Development is alot deeper and complex than a simple patching of road. Anyway like they say pictures are worth a thousand words.

In anambra, sorry Omambala........ A thousand words are worth more than pictures
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by CROWE: 5:31pm On Jan 13, 2013
There in lies one of Nigeria's "MANY" problems, it should be forbidden by law for the federal government to even give the states a kobo even if it as for loan, the states should only loan from privately owned banks. The federal government is subsidising the states and there is no incentive for development. Even if a state encourages company investment, the federal government still takes away the tax from the companies and mixes that with oil money and spreads it everywhere. They are basically floating lazy governors, if Anambra governors helps the state to prosper the money generated is taken through federal tax and given to all those states that don't do anything instead of remaining in Anambra to push to wheels of prosperity even further. Our governors have been messing up but the law doesn't help them do a good job either.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Proxytalk: 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ok pics, may be next time i'll travel i will try and snap places.
But i ve not praised obi in onitsha. Again those towns he is opening up eg nanka rds, obeledu ora eri igboukwu rd. ichida neni azigbo road adazis rds and ihiala rds (the ones isaw with my eyes) are not ripe to have pedestrain lanes with which resources. He should do that in onitsha and Nnewi. But what i noticed in Nnewi was more of demolition may be work will start work there this yEar
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
How come we can't see pictures of these developments.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by geeez: 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
If it will soon be like Lagos, by now it should start looking like Ikotun or Ikorodu at least but that doesn't look like something that wil happen anytime soon
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by asha80(m): 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
I've just about had it with all these Obi 'otimpkus' angry......it's very annoying!

I'm yet to see news-stories, pics or videos that would give me the confidence that anything besides 'local gov't grade' stuff is happening in that state; which is a shame b'cos Anambra by rights should be amongst the top 5 richest states in Nigeria, and have a conducive welcoming environment to attract businesses and people from all over Africa and the world.

If any Igbo is HAPPY with the present state of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi, then such a person doesn't have a great vision for where they want us and our cities to be in the 21st century.

I'll let you in on a secret: contrary to what anyone may think of my feelings towards the Obi gov't (based on my previous posts), i actually think -all things considered- that he's done fairly ok these past 3 years (60% ok); but if we all start praising his gov't, with no one 'holding their feet to the fire', then they may slacken and think the job is done. Anyone notice that lately Orji has started to perform a bit better?; it's all down to criticism and the power of the internet.

Ka Chineke meziokwu! smiley

what do you mean by the bolded?
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
Afam4eva: How come we can't see pictures of these developments.

I have since concluded that Anambra people are not into photographing of roads and other developments in Anambra state.
I came to that conclusion after seeing what I saw in Anambra.
Maybe if we have someone like Spyder880 in Anambra, he may take it upon himself to showcase Anambra in pictures.

Having said these, no reasonable person should expect Anambra state to become like states with OLD capitals anytime soon.
Rural road development in Anambra is a GREAT move to stem heavy rural-urban migration.

I believe that Anambra may soon have the same accessibility as Lagos state going by how the governor is building rural roads.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2013
My villa has got a touch of Obi's road constructions.

i drive better in my villa than in Port Harcourt.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
Onlytruth:

I have since concluded that Anambra people are not into photographing of roads and other developments in Anambra state.
Maybe if we have someone like Spyder880 in Anambra, he may take it upon himself to showcase Anambra in pictures.

Having said these, no reasonable person should expect Anambra state to become like states with OLD capitals anytime soon.
Rural road development in Anambra is a GREAT move to stem heavy rural-urban migration.

I believe that Anambra may soon have the same accessibility as Lagos state going by how the governor is building rural roads.
In some years to come, Anambra will become a city-state just like Lagos and if the news of Obi's rural roads is anything to go by, then it will help to speed up the resolve to make Anambra become like lagos at least in area of connectivity of it's various towns. But i still insist that Anambra needs to focus on some key towns eg Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by asha80(m): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
Onlytruth:

hehe enyi i can remember our arguments of the past about 'obi's village roads constructions'and your opposition to it saying it was unnecessary and waste of funds and that instead he should focus on awka,nnewi and onitsha alone.at least you can now see the importance of those 'village roads' vis a vis connectivity and accessiblity of communities in the state.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
Am sure Awka will always be a ghost town during weekends
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by asha80(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2013
ilugunboy: Am sure Awka will always be a ghost town during weekends

why do you say so?

on a different note i have a funny feeling that the population of anambra is certainly not less than 6 million peeps.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by asha80(m): 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2013
noblezone: My villa has got a touch of Obi's road constructions.

i drive better in my villa than in Port Harcourt.

which is your villa?
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
asha 80:

hehe enyi i can remember our arguments of the past about 'obi's village roads constructions'and your opposition to it saying it was unnecessary and waste of funds and that instead he should focus on awka,nnewi and onitsha alone.at least you can now see the importance of those 'village roads' vis a vis connectivity and accessiblity of communities in the state.

I agree o. I had to swallow my words when I saw what is happening in my own village.
I have relations who live and work in Nnewi now. Before, they would all be heading to Lagos or elsewhere.
Heck I can live in Nnewi now and work in Awka.
Re: Anambra May Soon Be Like Lagos by Tedyk(m): 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
I pray ooo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Putin Owns Barack (NY POST ED) / Jonathan Ineligible To Run In 2015 – New PDP / Latest Result From Over 60 Polling Units/wards In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.