Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:41 AM

What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... (5230 Views)

Why Do Many West Africans Muslim Women Not Cover Their Hair / What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus / Suicide Bombing: What Islam Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by plappville(f): 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
UPDATE: Mali crisis: timeline

Below is a snapshot of key events in the West African state of Mali, after France intervened militarily in its former colony to take on armed Islamist groups occupying the north of the country:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/mali/9801760/Mali-crisis-timeline.html

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by plappville(f): 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
BetaThings:

Seriously, I have issues with your response. Internet is accessible to anyone all over the world. I am beginning that English is not a language you are familiar. This is not to put you down. There is a muslim who posts here and you would realise that he is not familiar with English. I apologise if you feel that I do. But I cannot speak other languages. So I have similar limitation in other languages.

I have said it repeatedly. NOBODY will warn you for quoting the Qur'an
But if you think I did, Can you please point to where I did? Please oblige me
If I warned you for quoting the Qur'an I am prepared to apologise

Are you the moderator of this section? did i accuse you? see me see wahala ooo!! shocked shocked
As i am typing now, there is this written words in red facing me: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.

Have i insulted Islam for posting the Quran/Hadiths? or for creating this thread? this is for the moderator that sent me this warning not you.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by plappville(f): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
tintingz: mtss...insulting that your corrupt scriptures? Wetin i wan insult in that your bible when we have gay bible version ''Queen James bible'' grin

Prince James bible will soon be out wo cheesy

Btw...there are scriptures we muslims should accept in the bible that goes with the Quran

Islam rejected Jesus death, this alone is a failure !!!! tongue
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by plappville(f): 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
alexis:

What Bible did the Quran quote on several occasion? Can you tell us where that is?
Thats why, its says, Jesus died and again Jesus did not die but was taken by God...contradiction gallore!!
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
tintingz: if you must understand what am saying Jesus(as) message to the isrealite is to worship God only

Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord''

Luke 4:8 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only."

Quran 5:72 ''But the Messiah
[Jesus] said: ‘O Children of
Israel! Worship God, my Lord
and your Lord.''

You keep confusing yourself. Let me ask you, those Bible verses you quoted from, which Bible did you use i.e. KJV or NIV? Isn't that the same Bible you claim is corrupt? Yet you conveniently quote it to make your point?

And your Surah in Quran 5:72. What Bible is it quoting from? Can you please let us know? Since you claim Christians have a corrupt Bible, can you let us know the Bible the Quran is quoting from? Your imaginary Bible is not corrupt; yet the one you quote from and the one we read is Corrupt abi?
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by plappville(f): 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
What happened to the man that was writing Muhammad's vision? Why was He killed? Sure we can't quote the Quran/hadith. But this is were Islam History lies.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by plappville(f): 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
tintingz: if you must understand what am saying Jesus(as) message to the isrealite is to worship God only

Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord''

Luke 4:8 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only."

Quran 5:72 ''But the Messiah
[Jesus] said: ‘O Children of
Israel! Worship God, my Lord
and your Lord.''

Of what use does it makes repeating/copying the bible? To prove it was God? This was where the whole confusions started ...grin
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mali is too far. They are still up Northern Nigeria beheading innocent people. When you mention it, they will all jump on board and say something else

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21162787
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by plappville(f): 1:06am On Jan 24, 2013
The full news is better, some people are very reluctant in clicking links.

Suspected militant Islamists have beheaded five people in Nigeria's north-eastern city of Maiduguri, a resident has told the BBC.

The men were attacked during raids on three homes overnight, he said in an account confirmed by a local reporter.

However, the military told the BBC only three people had been killed.

At least 23 others have been killed in separate attacks in the north this week blamed on militants wanting to impose Islamic law on Nigeria.

The insurgency was launched by Boko Haram in Maiduguri in 2009, but a second militant group, Ansaru, emerged last year.

Last month, suspected militants slit the throats of at least 15 Christians near Maiduguri.

In the latest attack, the assailants first beheaded a father and son at their home, before beheading two other men at their residence and a fifth person at another house in Maiduguri, said a resident, who spoke to the BBC Hausa service on condition of anonymity.

It is unclear who carried out the attacks or what their motives were, but there are strong suspicions that Boko Haram was involved, the resident said.

Hunters killed

A Maiduguri-based journalist confirmed the resident's account to the BBC.

But army spokesman Lt-Col Sagir Musa said suspected gunmen killed three people during the attack.

The joint task force - made up of soldiers and policemen - rushed to the scene when it was alerted, he said.

"It cordoned off the area, arrested three suspects and recovered one assault rifle with ten rounds of ammunition," Lt-Col Musa said.

"Two gunmen lost their lives and a soldier was wounded during an exchange of fire."

On Monday, gunmen apparently targeted hunters selling bush meat in Damboa in north-east Nigeria, killing 18 people, witnesses said.

Another five people died on Tuesday when a group of men playing draughts was attacked in Kano.

No group has said it is responsible for the attacks.

Strict Muslims believe it is forbidden to eat animals such as monkeys or to play games that could influence people to take up gambling.

These attacks followed an attempt on the life of the second most important Muslim leader in Nigeria, the Emir of Kano, whose convoy came under fire on Sunday. He survived but several of his guards were killed

Boko Haram has been blamed for the deaths of some 1,400 people in central and northern Nigeria since 2010.

Last year alone, the group was linked to more than 600 deaths.

Ansaru announced its existence last June.

In December, it said it had kidnapped French national Francis Colump in the northern Katsina state.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by ParisLove1: 6:23am On Jan 25, 2013
Somali jihadists threaten to murder non-Muslim hostages unless Kenya releases all Muslims held on terror charges

Somalia’s Al-Qaeda-linked Shebab insurgents issued an ultimatum to Kenya on Wednesday to release all prisoners held on terrorism charges or they will execute all Kenyan hostages they hold.

Issuing a February 14 deadline, the extremist group demanded in messages posted on Twitter the release of "all Muslim prisoners held on so-called terrorism charges in Kenya".

Kenya must also "secure the release of Muslims extradited to Uganda for terrorism charges", it added, apparently referring to those jailed or on trial for the Shebab’s July 2010 twin bomb attacks that killed at least 74 people in Kampala.

The Shebab also released a video titled "the final message" with two men featured and a photograph of four others, who the Shebab said were Kenyan prisoners....

"Following the expiration of this period, all the kuffar (non-Muslim) Kenyan prisoners who appeared in the recent video will be executed," the Shebab added on Twitter....

That's their jihad. What's yours?

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Somali-Islamists-threaten-to-execute-Kenyan-hostages-/-/1066/1673826/-/vlkun1z/-/index.html
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by ParisLove1: 6:26am On Jan 25, 2013
plappville: The full news is better, some people are very reluctant in clicking links.

hello plappville, read somewhere you were banned. Said something the mod didn't find funny?
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by BetaThings: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2013
alexis:

You keep confusing yourself. Let me ask you, those Bible verses you quoted from, which Bible did you use i.e. KJV or NIV? Isn't that the same Bible you claim is corrupt? Yet you conveniently quote it to make your point?

And your Surah in Quran 5:72. What Bible is it quoting from? Can you please let us know? Since you claim Christians have a corrupt Bible, can you let us know the Bible the Quran is quoting from? Your imaginary Bible is not corrupt; yet the one you quote from and the one we read is Corrupt abi?

When Muslims say the Bible is corrupt, it obviously cannot be everything
We see that in real world
Obviously no Muslim will disagree with the idea that man and earth were created by God, that Jesus said the Lord is one God
Clearly a muslim will not accept that a Jacob can fight "God", prevail and be renamed Israel

2 Likes

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by BetaThings: 10:20am On Jan 25, 2013
I doubt if this part of the story will be reported by "people who are very troubled that people are being killed"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21191188

The Malian army says it is investigating allegations that soldiers have carried out summary executions in the Islamist-controlled north.

A senior military officer told the BBC it was neither confirming nor denying such acts had taken place.

The International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) has accused Malian troops of killing Arabs and ethnic Tuaregs.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
BetaThings:

When Muslims say the Bible is corrupt, it obviously cannot be everything
We see that in real world
Obviously no Muslim will disagree with the idea that man and earth were created by God, that Jesus said the Lord is one God
Clearly a muslim will not accept that a Jacob can fight "God", prevail and be renamed Israel

Which part is corrupt then and where is the original that is not corrupt. And which part that is not corrupt that you muslims accept? Is it the KJV or NIV that most muslims claim is not the word of the God of the Bible? Christians never made claim that the Quran is corrupt.

I don't want to assume the scripture you are referring to about Jacob, can you please clarify so we can discuss it. Thanks mate
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
BetaThings: I doubt if this part of the story will be reported by "people who are very troubled that people are being killed"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21191188

The Malian army says it is investigating allegations that soldiers have carried out summary executions in the Islamist-controlled north.

A senior military officer told the BBC it was neither confirming nor denying such acts had taken place.

The International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) has accused Malian troops of killing Arabs and ethnic Tuaregs.

And do you think we SUPPORT it. We CONDEMN it, whether it is muslims killing themselves or no . Besides, are the Malians not muslims? Isn't it muslims killing muslims themselves. In Syria, the FSA and the government, are they not muslims killing one-another? I hope you know 90% of Malians are muslims? I really don't see what you are trying to prove here.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by BetaThings: 11:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
alexis:

And do you think we SUPPORT it. We CONDEMN it, whether it is muslims killing themselves or no . Besides, are the Malians not muslims? Isn't it muslims killing muslims themselves. In Syria, the FSA and the government, are they not muslims killing one-another? I hope you know 90% of Malians are muslims? I really don't see what you are trying to prove here.

This thread of 4 pages is an eloquent testimony to what you believe/condemn etc
But telling us you condemn the violence against Tuaregs/Ethnic Arabs without
1 opening a thread or
2. Mentioning it on this thread to balance the story
weakens your assertion that you condemn it

BTW I have seen Christians rejoicing when BH attacks muslims/northerners. Some claim that it is good for muslims to kill themselves

My point - balance the story; show that there is another side to what we are being fed on this thread
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 3:54am On Jan 26, 2013
BetaThings:

This thread of 4 pages is an eloquent testimony to what you believe/condemn etc
But telling us you condemn the violence against Tuaregs/Ethnic Arabs without
1 opening a thread or
2. Mentioning it on this thread to balance the story
weakens your assertion that you condemn it

BTW I have seen Christians rejoicing when BH attacks muslims/northerners. Some claim that it is good for muslims to kill themselves

My point - balance the story; show that there is another side to what we are being fed on this thread

You brought it up, I didn't - Go ahead and open a thread. BH is a product of Islam not Christianity. We abhor violence whether it is done to muslims or any other religion. Your Islamic brothers in Mali started the fight (didn't they - they wanted to impose Sharia on others), now the tables have turn and you are hear complaining. Osama and his likes did the same on 9/11 and when the US responded - they termed it invading Arab holy land.

Stop the double standard and twisted logic - it proves you are sympathetic towards violence from Islamic fundamentalist. For you to take a stand and condemn BH and the likes in Mali - you are here playing politics.

3 Likes

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by BetaThings: 11:20am On Jan 27, 2013
alexis:
You brought it up, I didn't - Go ahead and open a thread. BH is a product of Islam not Christianity. [b]We abhor violence [/b]whether it is done to muslims or any other religion.

Yes, Nigerian Police abhor extra-judicial killing
A Christian did felt strongly enough to open this thread. Where is the thread on violence by non-muslims. Or the victims don't feel pain?

alexis:
Your Islamic brothers in Mali started the fight (didn't they - they wanted to impose Sharia on others), now the tables have turn and you are hear complaining. Osama and his likes did the same on 9/11 and when the US responded - they termed it invading Arab holy land.

So how does that justify the imbalance in your position
Christians believe should be informed and opened a thread about what goes on in a Muslim country
They should begin what they have started and inform us about violence everywhere

alexis:
Stop the double standard and twisted logic - it proves you are sympathetic towards violence from Islamic fundamentalist. For you to take a stand and condemn BH and the likes in Mali - you are here playing politics.

Really?
Abhoring violence done by Christians in your mind
But posting to condemn violence by muslim extremist on NL
Which one of us is playing politics?

When will you take a stand and condemn the consistent ra.pe in Christian dominated DR Congo
When will you open a thread
When will you open a thread on the LRA forcing children to fight
When will you take a stand against the NLFT in India

2 Likes

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
Yes, Nigerian Police abhor extra-judicial killing
A Christian did felt strongly enough to open this thread. Where is the thread on violence by non-muslims. Or the victims don't feel pain?

I don't understand your statement about Nigerian police, perhaps you can clarify. This is a public forum, anyone can talk about anything. The poster wants to talk about the issue in Mali and West Africa. Islamic militants are imposing sharia on people in Mali (that is no news). If you want to talk about violence to non muslims, nothing is stopping you from opening your own thread; just back it up with facts.

So how does that justify the imbalance in your position
Christians believe should be informed and opened a thread about what goes on in a Muslim country
They should begin what they have started and inform us about violence everywhere

It is not our duty to inform you about violence everywhere, I am sure you have aljazeera to do that. It is our duty to freely talk about violence against Christians by jihadist i.e. Boko Haram for example.

Really?
Abhoring violence done by Christians in your mind
But posting to condemn violence by muslim extremist on NL
Which one of us is playing politics?

Omo, you can open a thread and talk about any topic under the sun. You can claim that Christians are killing muslims as well; no one is stopping you if you can back it up with facts. I will CONDEMN killing of Christians by Muslims everywhere EVEN WHEN YOU REFUSE TO DO SO. You continuous SILENCE to condemn the killings of Christians in Northern Nigeria or elsewhere yet justifying it by stating that there are violence against Muslims is STUPID to say the least. If you condemn VIOLENCE then just say it.

When will you take a stand and condemn the consistent rape in Christian dominated DR Congo
When will you open a thread
When will you open a thread on the LRA forcing children to fight
When will you take a stand against the NLFT in India

I CHALLENGE YOU to open the thread. Tell us where Christians are rap.ing Muslims in DR Congo or where the government there is trying to establish a Christian State. Open your thread about LRA and NLFT and let us talk about it. Until you DO, stop telling us your brothers can kill Christians in Northern Nigeria and Mali yet we CAN'T talk because there is violence elsewhere. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by BetaThings: 5:42am On Jan 29, 2013
alexis:
I don't understand your statement about Nigerian police, perhaps you can clarify. This is a public forum, anyone can talk about anything. The poster wants to talk about the issue in Mali and West Africa. Islamic militants are imposing sharia on people in Mali (that is no news). If you want to talk about violence to non muslims, nothing is stopping you from opening your own thread; just back it up with facts.

I believe your statement about abhorence of violence against Muslims the way I believe the police's statement about extra judicial killing
Plateau state callis itself Christian state. No dust has been raised over it. Setting up a theological state is nothing new and not wrong

If I want to talk about violence BY non-muslims, I know what to do. But the OP did not talk about religion. She said she is concerned about violence, that people are dying etc? The point is why fill up pages with violence in Mali only? What about elsewhere?

So this thread is work of SUBTERFUGE. An attack on Islam disguised as a concern for humanity!

alexis:
It is not our duty to inform you about violence everywhere, I am sure you have aljazeera to do that. It is our duty to freely talk about violence against Christians by jihadist i.e. Boko Haram for example.

Say so in the original post. That you are concerned about attacks on Christians only. That you are not bothered if people are daily ra.ped and massacred by Christian soldiers

Then do it without pretence.
But then we have pretence authorised here

Philippians 1:18
Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice

alexis:
Omo, you can open a thread and talk about any topic under the sun. You can claim that Christians are killing muslims as well; no one is stopping you if you can back it up with facts. I will CONDEMN killing of Christians by Muslims everywhere EVEN WHEN YOU REFUSE TO DO SO. You continuous SILENCE to condemn the killings of Christians in Northern Nigeria or elsewhere yet justifying it by stating that there are violence against Muslims is STUPID to say the least. If you condemn VIOLENCE then just say it.

I don't believe in opening polemical threads. I have no problem with what you choose to condemn and ignore. It is a matter of personal standard. What you also believe about me and attitude towards violence is also your choice

alexis:
I CHALLENGE YOU to open the thread. Tell us where Christians are rap.ing Muslims in DR Congo or where the government there is trying to establish a Christian State. Open your thread about LRA and NLFT and let us talk about it. Until you DO, stop telling us your brothers can kill Christians in Northern Nigeria and Mali yet we CAN'T talk because there is violence elsewhere. Rubbish!

And I did this? Where is the proof? I said just post without pretence. Don't bear false witness is right there in the OT

2 Likes

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
I believe your statement about abhorence of violence against Muslims the way I believe the police's statement about extra judicial killing
Plateau state callis itself Christian state. No dust has been raised over it. Setting up a theological state is nothing new and not wrong

What qualifies a state to be called a Christian state or an Islamic state? That answer will determine the extra judicial killing claim you made.

If I want to talk about violence BY non-muslims, I know what to do. But the OP did not talk about religion. She said she is concerned about violence, that people are dying etc? The point is why fill up pages with violence in Mali only? What about elsewhere?

Because the violence in Mali has both religious and political bearing. If the rebels are seized the territories and not imposed Sharia, WHY IN THE WORLD WILL WE CALL IT A RELIGIOUS THING. Why don't we classify the conflict in Syria as religious? Muslims are killing one another there but we have never made CLAIM that it is religious. Over 60,000 dead by muslims themselves. The atrocities are unspeakable but WE DON'T CLAIM IT AS RELIGIOUS BECAUSE IT'S A CIVIL WAR caused by political unrest and not religious reasons. That is why we don't classify the conflict in DR Congo as religious or the one in Rwanda as religious. Nobody was forcing another religion down someone else's throat

So this thread is work of SUBTERFUGE. An attack on Islam disguised as a concern for humanity!

Nobody is attacking Islam. We are pointing out that some elements are using your religion to propagate VIOLENCE. The rebels in Mali IMPOSED SHARIA LAW on the areas they captured. Sharia is not a Christian, Hindi or Buddist concept; it is an ISLAMIC concept. That is where the link comes from.

Say so in the original post. That you are concerned about attacks on Christians only. That you are not bothered if people are daily ra.ped and massacred by Christian soldiers

Where are these Christians soldiers you are referring to? 90% of Mali are muslims, the president is muslim. I didn't say it's an Islamic state but it's predominately Muslim. I saw a graphic image on BBC about dead bodies in the well in Mali. It was alleged that they were arabs and turegs killed by Malian soldiers. We mourn the loss of lives especially when people are killed for religious reasons. I CONDEMN IT. YOU ARE YET TO CONDEMN THE REBELS FOR IMPOSING SHARIA ON OTHERS. They invaded another man's land and forced his people to live under their religious teachings. Did you think there will be no reprisals?

Then do it without pretence.
But then we have pretence authorised here

It's a public forum, she can say what she wants to say as far as she backs it up.

Philippians 1:18
Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice

YOU ARE YET TO CONDEMN THE REBELS FOR IMPOSING SHARIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I don't believe in opening polemical threads. I have no problem with what you choose to condemn and ignore. It is a matter of personal standard. What you also believe about me and attitude towards violence is also your choice

The violence issue with Islam is not my choice. It's an interpretation thin line where one group of muslims can read it to mean something different and another group can read it to mean another thing. Perhaps the author of the Quran should have been clearer as to the meanings of certain verses in the Quran. For example, Surah 9:29:

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled

Perhaps the author would have confirmed the type of fight and what it entails and who should be fought. Fight is a verb, it's offensive. We think it is such verses that are motivating the likes of Boko Haram and their brothers in Mali.

And I did this? Where is the proof? I said just post without pretence. Don't bear false witness is right there in the OT

Perhaps if you condemn the violence by the Islamic terrorists in Mali, we will recognize that you are not pretending. So far, all your preaching haven't come close.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by jackname: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
UPDATE STILL ON MALI: Mali: Timbuktu looting, elections before the end of July.

Stores supposedly belonging to "Arabs" equated with Islamists looted Tuesday Timbuktu by an angry mob, when donors met in Addis Ababa promised more than $ 455 million to help Mali on military and humanitarian .
In Addis Adeba, Malian President acting Dioncounda Traoré said he hoped to call elections "transparent and credible" before July 31.
"I would like to reiterate our commitment to lead the transition in Mali with a single agenda: the recovery of the occupied territories (by Islamist insurgents) North, but also and especially the return of Mali a normal constitutional situation," assured Dioncounda Traoré.
But Timbuktu, following the entry without a fight French and Malian soldiers, hundreds of people, obviously very poor, have owned shops attacked, they said, by "Arabs", "Algerians", "Mauritanians "accused of supporting armed Islamists linked to al-Qaeda.
In some shops, ammunition and military radios were discovered, noted AFP. But the bulk of the population was employed to capture most televisions, satellite dishes, food, furniture, dishes ...
Human Rights Watch (HRW) on Monday asked the authorities to take "immediate measures" to "protect all Malians retaliation," referring to "high risk of inter-ethnic tensions" in the North, where the rivalry is strong between Arab and Tuareg minorities often equated with Islamists, and blacks, the majority in Mali.
In Addis Ababa, African Union, European Union, Japan, United States and participated in a UN donor conference which raised 455.53 million dollars (338.6 million EUR) for military needs and humanitarian Mali.
"The situation requires an international response fast and efficient because it threatens Mali, the region, the continent and beyond," said the Ethiopian capital Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, President of the Commission of the African Union ( AU).
On the ground, 3,500 French soldiers and 1,900 West African troops, including Chadians and Nigerians, are deployed alongside the Malian army

for more: [url]http://fr.news.yahoo.com/mali-islamistes-br%C3%BBlent-pr%C3%A9cieux-manuscrits-avant-fuir-tombouctou-053810069.html[/url]

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by jackname: 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
Paris_Love: Somali jihadists threaten to murder non-Muslim hostages unless Kenya releases all Muslims held on terror charges

Somalia’s Al-Qaeda-linked Shebab insurgents issued an ultimatum to Kenya on Wednesday to release all prisoners held on terrorism charges or they will execute all Kenyan hostages they hold.

Issuing a February 14 deadline, the extremist group demanded in messages posted on Twitter the release of "all Muslim prisoners held on so-called terrorism charges in Kenya".

Kenya must also "secure the release of Muslims extradited to Uganda for terrorism charges", it added, apparently referring to those jailed or on trial for the Shebab’s July 2010 twin bomb attacks that killed at least 74 people in Kampala.

The Shebab also released a video titled "the final message" with two men featured and a photograph of four others, who the Shebab said were Kenyan prisoners....

"Following the expiration of this period, all the kuffar (non-Muslim) Kenyan prisoners who appeared in the recent video will be executed," the Shebab added on Twitter....

That's their jihad. What's yours?

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Somali-Islamists-threaten-to-execute-Kenyan-hostages-/-/1066/1673826/-/vlkun1z/-/index.html

They no longer seek to die according to the usual instruction? When they see retaliators coming they will run and hid.. grin
They have forgotten all the promises if they can die for Allah.

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 3834 Narrated byAl-Miqdam ibn Ma'dikarib
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "The martyr receives six good things from Allah: he is forgiven at the first shedding of his blood; he is shown his abode in Paradise; he is preserved from the punishment in the grave; he is kept safe from the greatest terror; he has placed on his head the crown of honour, a ruby of which is better than the world and what it contains; he is married to seventy-two wives of the maidens with large dark eyes; and is made intercessor for seventy of his relatives."
Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah transmitted it.

Anyone will love to die with this.

37: 48 And beside them will be chaste women; restraining their glances with big eyes (of wonder and beauty).

38: 52 And beside them will be chaste women restraining their glances (companions) of equal age.

55: 56 In them will be (Maidens) Chaste restraining their glances whom no man or Jinn before them has touched

My question is, Right from Abraham, we have not read where Yahweh force people to came to him or they die. God always warn the Children of Israel never to mix with other gentil nations.
This is different, Islam wants to dominate by force. A true God will allow people to make a choice no?
Why the usual holding of the 'holy book' in one hand, and BOMBS, GUNS or DAGGERS in the other? Freedom was given by the messiah, but this freedom is been threatening till date.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by jackname: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Paris_Love: hello plappville, read somewhere you were banned. Said something the mod didn't find funny?

In this thread, i have not insulted islam, i was banned for posting the bitter truth about the quran.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by BetaThings: 8:57am On Feb 04, 2013
what would you call insult?
Calling somebody a thief, deceptive is not insulting?
How come others have posted on these pages and were not banned?

We criticise Chritians but you would never see us call your pastors names. Any muslim who does will even be cautioned by fellow muslims
or let me put this matter this way

If the words you used here against our Prophet (PBUH) were used against pastors (not even Prophets), surely, without any doubt, the moderators of the religious section would ban the poster. And that action will be right
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 3:33am On Feb 05, 2013
BetaThings: what would you call insult?

We criticise Chritians but you would never see us call your pastors names. Any muslim who does will even be cautioned by fellow muslims

If the words you used here against our Prophet (PBUH) were used against pastors (not even Prophets), surely, without any doubt, the moderators of the religious section would ban the poster. And that action will be right

Ahmed Deedat (A popular muslim cleric) called the Bible a pornographic Book - that is a HUGE insult to Christians. Did they raise dust about it?
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by BetaThings: 7:45am On Feb 05, 2013
alexis:

Ahmed Deedat (A popular muslim cleric) called the Bible a pornographic Book - that is a HUGE insult to Christians. Did they raise dust about it?

The Bible is not a human being
In any case, if he wrote that here on NL, we would caution him. But I don't know where he said that and so I cannot correct him
But the poster on this thread is on NL and we are dealing with it here on NL
Have you ever seen a Christian cautioning another Christian for going too far?

BetaThings: what would you call insult?

1 Like

Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
BetaThings:
The Bible is not a human being
In any case, if he wrote that here on NL, we would caution him. But I don't know where he said that and so I cannot correct him
But the poster on this thread is on NL and we are dealing with it here on NL
Have you ever seen a Christian cautioning another Christian for going too far?

Yes, we had the moderator remove someone from the forum because of his language and nude pictures he posted on a specific thread. Both sides are at fault when it comes to insults, it's not justification to keep doing it.

Of course the Bible is not a human being but there are characters in it. The insult is not at the Bible but at characters in the Bible. Here is a post by a muslim on a thread on NL right now:

aurenflani - Christianism is an occult of mass murderers and cronic liars. And all their women are one time fornicators ( spinsters) who graduated to adulterers (their married ones)
- I think that is an insult.

In his defense, he responded when someone insulted Islam; you can follow the thread here - https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1161404&post=14166020

Again, it's a public forum and I will post how I feel about any topic. The intention is not to offend, but if you get offended, it's let for me to clarify but not stop speaking my mind.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
plappville: [size=16pt]UPDATE STILL ON MALI:[/size]

Mali: Jihadists threaten to strike France "at the heart"

Jihadists living in northern Mali, and whose positions are bombed by French forces, announced Monday, January 14, they would "strike at the heart of France," according to an official of the Movement for the uniqueness and jihad in West Africa (Mujao). In an interview with Le Parisien (article fee), the Minister of the Interior, Manuel Valls, confirmed Monday that the situation in Mali "may encourage individuals or groups to carry out attacks, both in France and abroad. "

Sunday, more than sixty jihadists were killed in the single city of Gao in northern Mali and its periphery, said Monday residents and a security official. "At night, the Islamists have remained hidden in the houses came out to take the bodies of their comrades," said one resident, reached by phone in Bamako, whose testimony was intersected by other people. "It is especially in the military camp of Gao there were dead. Islamists were caught in a meeting. There have been many deaths," he added ..

http://www.lemonde.fr/afrique/article/2013/01/14/manuel-valls-la-situation-au-mali-peut-inciter-a-des-attentats-en-france_1816490_3212.html

that picture is of Touaregs not islamists. dont you see all the Juju they are wearing around their necks and waist?
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by BetaThings: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
alexis:
Yes, we had the moderator remove someone from the forum because of his language and nude pictures he posted on a specific thread. Both sides are at fault when it comes to insults, it's not justification to keep doing it.

Posting nude pictures is pornography on a site like this. It can get the owner into trouble with the law

alexis:
Of course the Bible is not a human being but there are characters in it. The insult is not at the Bible but at characters in the Bible. Here is a post by a muslim on a thread on NL right now:
- I think that is an insult.
In his defense, he responded when someone insulted Islam; you can follow the thread here - https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1161404&post=14166020

Of course it is a clear insult. Had I seen it, I would have called her to order. I have done that severally on NL

alexis:
Again, it's a public forum and I will post how I feel about any topic. The intention is not to offend, but if you get offended, it's let for me to clarify but not stop speaking my mind.

Human nature is such that the way you speak your mind will determine whether people will listen or not.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by alexis(m): 4:25am On Feb 07, 2013
BetaThings:

Posting nude pictures is pornography on a site like this. It can get the owner into trouble with the law

Of course it is a clear insult. Had I seen it, I would have called her to order. I have done that severally on NL

Human nature is such that the way you speak your mind will determine whether people will listen or not.

Thanks mate, I like your objectivity.
Re: What Islam Is Doing To West Africans.... by nobniger: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2013
Still don't think any religion should encourage violent of any nature. so sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Permissibly Of Haraam Things In The Case Of Necessity And The Conditions / New Documentary On The Prophet (s) In Response To Anti-Islam Film / ORIGIN OF HADITH: How "Muslims" Deviated From the Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.