Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores (20580 Views)

Why Struggle With Domestic Chores? / Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by aribisala0(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
It is important to do some things just to set an example for your kids.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by loswhite(m): 11:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
Eneze1:

what if financial roles are carried by both the husband and the wife?
then u r d boss js assign his duty to him
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by mortee: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
Many homes are creaking under the weight of the husband not helping the wife with domestic chores issue. But what I have realised is that a man who does not help at home, will still not help no matter how much you push him. And this is for no other reason than because he is lazy.
I have read a couple of books which advocates that to make your man feel important, assign the hard tasks in the house to him, but forget it, it doesn't work.
My own take is that if you as a woman want your home organised and neat and you want things done in the right time, take on the responsibility like you are the only one who lives in the house. This is the way I was able to avoid fighting with a dirty roommate I harboured in school then. I washed plates, cooked and swept my room just like I was still living alone.
Leave the lazy man alone to enjoy his laziness. But once in a while, pay him back in his own coin when he asks you to help him with something.

1 Like

Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by loswhite(m): 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
oradee: many men comment bout protecting and providing financially yet i know quite a number of men whose wife pays partly/fully the rents, takes up either dstv/fuel bills,clothing for the kids sometimes,etc...how much do all men earn that they brag bout their financial role?

yet whether u earn a monthly paycheck or not (salary workers),whether u look for contracts and u find or not, ualways expect a home cooked meal,neat appartment and a home u can go to,yet all she asks for is assistance...not thats shes tranfering her responsibiliies permanatly to u...
men don't have problem wit assisting . According to the post they js don't want u to impose it on them as a duty.meaning if u nid assistance talk to ur man politely to help out
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by supremebeing09: 11:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
Err... I do house chores as much as I can and as frequently. You cannot wait for a wife to tidy your environment if you consider your personal hygiene of utmost importance. I see the traditional school of thought still prevails. Not only are chores therapeutic, they also signify your emphasis on a clean environment. Shame it takes a wife to sort out the chores - in Africa anyway!
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by mortee: 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2013
rushda29:

I actually wanted to avoid it because although I'm a very traditional woman, I think that a man should help sometimes. And sometimes appreciating the woman is help enuff. I don't mean sitting on a chair and saying "you're doing a good job honey." But staying with her in the kitchen, chatting with her while she works.
Keeping her company and helping her to get things from the cupboard and helping in cleaning up. Or setting the table.

My sister, how many men do this? If they even compliment their wives while she is at work, it's a big plus. Some would even hasten her to finish up on time so she can attend to their personal needs.
I particularly hate when a wife asks for her husband's help and he doesn't do it. Imagine a sick and tired pregnant woman who wants to eat and discovers that the water dispenser she just managed to drag home has some big dirts in it. Then she begs her husband (who has eaten the food his wife prepared, and drank the last cup of water in the dispenser) to help her get water from a supermarket on their street. And he tells her to eat the food like that and he'll get the water when he goes out to take a stroll in the night. Time then was 5pm.
Or this - The sitting room is dirty and needs to be swept. Wife is pregnant, has a headache and bending down her head makes her feel like it's going to drop off her neck. Then her hubby's friend calls that he is on his way to their house and will be there in 10mins. Wife sweetly explains that she has been trying to sweep but the headache, then asks hubby to just scratch the surface of the floor with broom so it can be a bit neat and he says no. Not because he is doing anything, but because he doesn't care whether his house is dirty or not. To avoid being labelled dirty, the woman begins to sweep, develops cramps, is rushed to the hospital and loses the pregnancy. Doctor's report - high stress!

1 Like

Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Bigboy100: 11:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
ledynamite: [size=16pt] most naija men are lazy!!!!. smh once they get married they dont wanna do anything again!!! while the wife is cooking,scrubbing,cleaning,washing,backing the baby,assisting the family financially,feeding and bathing the baby, arranging the house! washing the man boxers!!! what a typical naija man wants to do is shocked eat,picking his teeth and fart!!! [/size]
Why naw? Wetin we do you ? That's funny, but only lazy men do that. Men from my family are workaholics , you just need to appreciate some men at times . Look at the military men that sacrifice their lives just to fend for their families. However, nature has make it incumbent for a woman to do the chores while men build houses,hunt,fight wars,build ships and protect their wives . Even the lion who is the king of the jungle sleeps around and wait for his wife the lioness to hunt for the family,while he protects against tresspassers. It's call 'Natural Law' .
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by mapet: 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
1. Some of you women folks have talked with little wisdom IMHO. I hope your Beijin advocation is restricted to NL, less you risk loosing ur men. The one that will out-do you in chores and "services" are out there
2. By default this is what your mothers prepared you for so why the protests.
3. I was brough well brought upj can do virtually all the house chores you women are complaining of. Can cook lots of food, all boys in my house can pound Yam, can do Amala pretty well. Ccook soups and stew. My mother taught us all that
4. My wife is a perfectionist. The only thing she wants me to do is to gyst with her whn she's in the kitchen. Then help hand the knife over and inconscequential stuffs. I probably do house chores one in a year or less, but those times I've been called upon ve pulled my own weight.
5. The reality is that the house chores are are for both. Maintenance, electrical works, Car wash, pack the gutter in ur frontage on environmental sanitation days,are stuffs men handle
6. Now helping my wife out is something I long to do but my workaholic madam always tells me to leave it many times (God bless her mum) cos you can't meet her standard in house cleaning. She'll still do it over again, even if you've done some. but I help is bathing the kids on sundays cos we have little time to make early morning service (our maid don't wok weekends)

My submission are these;
1. Women do your chores. Men do yours.
2. Men help out.
3. Women it is not a sin if men don't help out.
4. Men expect hell if you don't help out.
5. I love Aribisala's submission wrt send the right message/ example for our children

1 Like

Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by HARDDON: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2013
oradee:

one doesnt have to grow balls to know whats its like to be a man.

a woman's money has never been 100% percent hers and you know this! if she marries u and answers ur last name,by all means pls live up to ur role as the husband. now if shes married to u and she splits the financial cost of running the home wif u,then u shld split the efforts in running your home...

the whites hardly kep domestic helps (unlike nig)cos both the man and woman jointly run the home cos at the end,the home is theirs not the husband's or wife'.

if u lived abroad,you wldnt make such comments!

Ʊ sound like some1 that d gods just Abruptly woke up from his/ha wet dreams . Did you by any chance, read ma very first comment up in here?

Nonetheless,
Dis is Nairaland not Dollar ,Pounds or Chinaland . We don't eat leaves and flowers here, men don't move out of their own houses wen beefs pops up and most definately, we take care of our homes financially.

D wives' money is just ƒoя ha and her's alone and she spends it d way she deems fit( we still ενεη augment)

Which man out there, worth his onion wud go Asking his wify to split running cost? Oh well, we cud over look that , itz a crazy society down over dere..where every body live within d common bracket. You shouldn't Saч dis in public places cos d major reason d wify shares d cost is cos d guy doesn't make dat much. They are poor men who luk up to their wives ƒoя a lil salvation.

a royal point of correction: i was born and bred away from dese shores. And aint no place like home.

If the whyts are just so d a m n perfect wen it comes to marriage management, why are broken homes' statistics sky-rocketing by d day?

I dnt suppose you wud hv an answer to this question cos you haven't ενεη obtained uя green card yet!

Ouch!
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Tomeseen(f): 12:25am On Jan 16, 2013
MEN, thou shall not pretend to be what you are not. What you won't take as a rich man, the best time to start rejecting it is when you are poor. Don't spoil her doing household chores you don't enjoy doing. Thats cheating

Why do we get married. Because we love our mate and want to care for our partner. That being said, there are duties and there are duties. Even if your husband is a chef, he is your head. Unless you are both in an arrangee marriage, both of you don't need to be told when your partner need care, or when your duty comes along.

My husband is 100% caring but he won't be caught dead in d kitchen 'cooking' the only time he did cook, when we were courting and i told him no fast food today, cook for me. He thought i had lost my marbles but i wasn't taking no for an answer. Yes he did cook the rice, it was a major disaster.

That said i didn't marry an insensitive man, if am too tired to cook, we either eat out or(eat anything close at hand or easy to rustle up)

I wash my clothes, his goes to the drycleaner, said they will be too much for me. If i take mine to the cleaners as well, he doesn't mind in so far as i don't work myself to death, but no can do i can wash my clothes thank u.

Cleaning the house is no big deal, i enjoy having neat surroundings and on those rare occassions that he pitchs in and help out cleaning or what have you. Am always so surprised and happy, its like as if am given a gift. Besides i thrash the house more than him. Am a seamstress, So u understand the plenty pieces of clothes everywhere.

For the women who married pretenders that cooks and clean before marriage, then suddenly stops after marriage. Take it or leave it, you already signed the dotted lines. For those who married men that geniuely loves helping out with the house chores, well i have this to say, i envy you.

Either way lets get off this topic and go for the man who cares and love you. He won't work you to death even if he can't help with the chores, he'll find a way to relieve you of that stress. Trust me thats true unless he didn't love you to begin with.

Lastly, financially my money is 100% mine while his money is our money Lol. I can contribute but my husband don't expect it and there isn't any slack. Way i figure, why contribute when there is no need for it. Nuff said Each to his own, abegi

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by HARDDON: 12:40am On Jan 16, 2013
Tomeseen: MEN, thou shall not pretend to be what you are not. What you won't take as a rich man, the best time to start rejecting it is when you are poor. Don't spoil her doing household chores you don't enjoy doing. Thats cheating

Why do we get married. Because we love our mate and want to care for our partner. That being said, there are duties and there are duties. Even if your husband is a chef, he is your head. Unless you are both in an arrangee marriage, both of you don't need to be told when your partner need care, or when your duty comes along.

My husband is 100% caring but he won't be caught dead in d kitchen 'cooking' the only time he did cook, when we were courting and i told him no fast food today, cook for me. He thought i had lost my marbles but i wasn't taking no for an answer. Yes he did cook the rice, it was a major disaster.

That said i didn't marry an insensitive man, if am too tired to cook, we either eat out or(eat anything close at hand or easy to rustle up)

I wash my clothes, his goes to the drycleaner, said they will be too much for me. If i take mine to the cleaners as well, he doesn't mind in so far as i don't work myself to death, but no can do i can wash my clothes thank u.

Cleaning the house is no big deal, i enjoy having neat surroundings and on those rare occassions that he pitchs in and help out cleaning or what have you. Am always so surprised and happy, its like as if am given a gift. Besides i thrash the house more than him. Am a seamstress, So u understand the plenty pieces of clothes everywhere.

For the women who married pretenders that cooks and clean before marriage, then suddenly stops after marriage. Take it or leave it, you already signed the dotted lines. For those who married men that geniuely loves helping out with the house chores, well i have this to say, i envy you.

Either way lets get off this topic and go for the man who cares and love you. He won't work you to death even if he can't help with the chores, he'll find a way to relieve you of that stress. Trust me thats true unless he didn't love you to begin with.

Lastly, financially my money is 100% mine while his money is our money Lol. I can contribute but my husband don't expect it and there isn't any slack. Way i figure, why contribute when there is no need for it. Nuff said Each to his own, abegi

Word! Wow! Wonder!

If only i cud give a thousand likes to dis.

Print it and hang it on the brains of all lil hawt heads here, ma day wud ,surely, be made.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by mortee: 1:10am On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=mapet]1. Some of you women folks have talked with little wisdom IMHO. I hope your Beijin advocation is restricted to NL, less you risk loosing ur men. The one that will out-do you in chores and "services" are out there.

5. The reality is that the house chores are are for both. Maintenance, electrical works, Car wash, pack the gutter in ur frontage on environmental sanitation days,are stuffs men handle.

You talk this way because you were taught, you learnt and you decided to become responsible. Before you accuse the women of talking with little wisdom, do a quick survey around you of how many men out of 10 help their wives with chores.

As for your number 5, I know a man who is too proud, or perhaps too lazy, to come out to clean gutters with his neighbours on sanitation days. He'll rather incur the wrath of his landlord and other tenants, or his wife in the bid to avoid such troubles, would go join the men in the "stuffs men handle".
This same man will not take in the clothes his wife washed before she travelled. He'll leave them out until days when she comes back and re-washes the clothes.
And don't say it's the woman's attitude. The guy himself admits he has "oroju" - whatever that means in English.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 16, 2013
grin ;DLmaoo
ledynamite: [size=16pt] most naija men are lazy!!!!. smh once they get married they dont wanna do anything again!!! while the wife is cooking,scrubbing,cleaning,washing,backing the baby,assisting the family financially,feeding and bathing the baby, arranging the house! washing the man boxers!!! what a typical naija man wants to do is shocked eat,picking his teeth and fart!!! [/size]
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 16, 2013
991: who told you that men don't help in domestic chores? up til now i still wash my clothes, my wife's and that of the kids. I cook when my wife is tired, drive the kids to and from school daily. Thank God am self employed so i have time to care for my family.

You washed your wife's clothes..?
It seems like you've eaten 'vegetable soup'. Go for deliverance.
Lest I forget, wash the pants very well..!

1 Like

Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Vancouverplus: 4:44am On Jan 16, 2013
You are very Funny cry. Pls come live abroad. You will understand better. Good day.
coogar:

give a woman an inch and she would take a mile.
do the physically tasking chores and leave the sciences to her. even when you have to help her, endeavour to remind her you are filling in for her temporarily. women can be manipulative.....you have to be careful when dealing with them.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2013
supremebeing09: Err... I do house chores as much as I can and as frequently. You cannot wait for a wife to tidy your environment if you consider your personal hygiene of utmost importance. I see the traditional school of thought still prevails. Not only are chores therapeutic, they also signify your emphasis on a clean environment. Shame it takes a wife to sort out the chores - in Africa anyway!
u r a good man
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by HARDDON: 8:39am On Jan 16, 2013
Vancouverplus: You are very Funny cry. Pls come live abroad. You will understand better. Good day.

Oh heck! Yet anoda offshore tw3p

Wat xactly is abroad? Broken homes ?

Nah, but we'd paSs

1 Like

Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Flexskillz(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2013
I think what the OP meant is the woman making somethings HIS RESPONSIBILITY and I think that's totally wrong!
Its a Man's world wether you like it, believe it or not. And if you want your marriage to last you have to learn to respect that and treat your Man as the head of the home except of course you want to switch places.
I observed that too with my wife, I help a lot in the house and there are some things that after helping out with, I observe that even when She can do it, she will leave it and even remind me that I haven't done it and it just beats me.
Another TRUTH, as men we love our ego and you cannot take it away.
Its just the trend of late and things are changing, wayback women didn't even enjoy half of what our ladies of late are enjoying and they were Still happy, so I think if you have a husband that helps in the home you ought to be grateful and encourage Him rather that try to impose some things on Him, the male factor in him will always decline that.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by ohioleh: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=fellis]
you women have become lazy these days,leaving primary work which is your home!whose says all house wives are illletrate(i think pride is your problem)..this is not an issue self jaree...you duty is to your husband!Go and make your marriage a better place and stop complaining of unnecessary things.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Toppiano(m): 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
bukatyne: I don't want to attack you but ask some honest questions:
1. When your wife is doing the chores and you are at home, what do you do?
2. When you are both back from work and she is preparing the meals, what do you do?
3. Before you got married, who helped you with chores? and if nobody, what has changed now?
4. Do you think it's your wife's duty to contribute financially to your expenses @ home?

thanks.

1. I will be encouraging her grin
2. I will be enkoraging herr grin
3. Wetin be ur own
4. Nope, I plan on my income alone for everyone including her wink Dancing Chop my money shocked
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by ROCKSTAND1: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
mapet: 1. Some of you women folks have talked with little wisdom IMHO. I hope your Beijin advocation is restricted to NL, less you risk loosing ur men. The one that will out-do you in chores and "services" are out there
2. By default this is what your mothers prepared you for so why the protests.
3. I was brough well brought upj can do virtually all the house chores you women are complaining of. Can cook lots of food, all boys in my house can pound Yam, can do Amala pretty well. Ccook soups and stew. My mother taught us all that
4. My wife is a perfectionist. The only thing she wants me to do is to gyst with her whn she's in the kitchen. Then help hand the knife over and inconscequential stuffs. I probably do house chores one in a year or less, but those times I've been called upon ve pulled my own weight.
5. The reality is that the house chores are are for both. Maintenance, electrical works, Car wash, pack the gutter in ur frontage on environmental sanitation days,are stuffs men handle
6. Now helping my wife out is something I long to do but my workaholic madam always tells me to leave it many times (God bless her mum) cos you can't meet her standard in house cleaning. She'll still do it over again, even if you've done some. but I help is bathing the kids on sundays cos we have little time to make early morning service (our maid don't wok weekends)

My submission are these;
1. Women do your chores. Men do yours.
2. Men help out.
3. Women it is not a sin if men don't help out.
4. Men expect hell if you don't help out.
5. I love Aribisala's submission wrt send the right message/ example for our children

I totally agree with you. I help my wife as much as i can, and she even hardly allows me do stuff. Just recently i offered to make indomie for myself but she 'evacuated' me from her kitchen, so i had to go bath the kids and put them to bed. She currently works 8 - 5, taking an MBA plus the home responsibilities. Sometime ago i was abroad for only 4 days and everything literary grounded to a halt. The generator, the water pump, the lights in the children's room, her car even my maigard! On arrival i fixed EVERYTHING in one day. My point is that we all have our roles to play and no party should force their own roles on the other. The man's primary responsibility is not doing house chores, God never designed him like that. The man is created to protect his family both physically and spiritually, every other thing is secondary. Lions hardly hunt, they leave that to the lionesses but when the meal arrives they get the 'Lion's share'. Women are specially endowed with the strength to do their assignments which include house chores and child bearing. The problem of the Western world is that they have adulterated family values and distorted the very foundation of the home. This is what has lead to homosexuality, teen violence etc. The virtuous woman in proverbs 31 was not a spirit yet her husband usually sat at the gates with the elders perhaps playing ludo. I pray never to be found wanting in any of my responsibilities to my family, in-laws, parents, siblings and even nation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by mapet: 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
Madam,

1. I was hoping you'll have gotten my drift.
2. That the Husband helps out or not or that the husband is deemed lazy is to me virtually irrelevant. What is important is the sanctity of the home front and our efforts to build one.
3. A lady that keeps arguing about being "overworked" comes lazy on arrival(African (Yoruba) perspective). She's deemed not woman enough to handle her home front; besides a woman would be proud to do those home chores cos she's making the house how she's dreamt it to be.
4. I belong to a school of thought that says the home first and nothing should come between, even the job. If you allow a trivial issue of house chores to strain your marriage, then........
5. You see that lazy man, I can't hold brief for him. But it is my sincere hope that the wife didn't complain to you. If the madam married him and joyfully stay in the marriage and is happy then it well.
6. Leave the statistics of men that help their wives and men that don't. It will do no good. What I believe is that we have our strengths and weaknesses to complement each other. As clean, neat, prim and tidy my madam is, I still have some tiny areas I challenge. I rid of the house some of those plastic junks, I give out unsed items (I tell her she "over-keep" things), I hate seeing hair strands on combs on the bathroom cupboard. We did each others undies(not ashamed of that anyways) in the early days before washing machine came.
7. Yes there are men that are oroju........I agree....... but it's a crying shame to have women that are "oroju". That is why my 8year old daughter has been introduced to the kitchen on simple tasks like washing plates, cleaning the floor, serving me food (while I sit down cross-legged like my Dad used to).......moral is we have the duty to bring up our children to be ready to summount the tasks (9-5 or not)

mortee: You talk this way because you were taught, you learnt and you decided to become responsible. Before you accuse the women of talking with little wisdom, do a quick survey around you of how many men out of 10 help their wives with chores.

As for your number 5, I know a man who is too proud, or perhaps too lazy, to come out to clean gutters with his neighbours on sanitation days. He'll rather incur the wrath of his landlord and other tenants, or his wife in the bid to avoid such troubles, would go join the men in the "stuffs men handle".
This same man will not take in the clothes his wife washed before she travelled. He'll leave them out until days when she comes back and re-washes the clothes.
And don't say it's the woman's attitude. The guy himself admits he has "oroju" - whatever that means in English.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by bukatyne(f): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
Tomeseen: MEN, thou shall not pretend to be what you are not. What you won't take as a rich man, the best time to start rejecting it is when you are poor. Don't spoil her doing household chores you don't enjoy doing. Thats cheating

I really like your post. A lot of men don't love their wives else how would you explain a woman doing different chores in their home after work and the man just sits down 'I yam the head'? It's exactly shows a woman don't love her husband when the man is running helter skelter to raise school fees for their children and the woman crosses her legs and say 'I am the wife, I'm not responsible for finances' However, I only agree that it is not a sin for a man not to help at home if the woman has help else there is always a lot of chores to do daily.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by bukatyne(f): 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
kingphemy:

You washed your wife's clothes..?
It seems like you've eaten 'vegetable soup'. Go for deliverance.
Lest I forget, wash the pants very well..!
And you feel being the king of your castle means you are allowed to be lazy! He wants to do so and he did so what is your problem? what should he be delivered from? The sin of loving his wife or helping her? He is eating the efo and it's making him fresh er and fresher! If you vex too much, pour a bucket of water on your head and hug transformer!
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by bukatyne(f): 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
Flexskillz: I think what the OP meant is the woman making somethings HIS RESPONSIBILITY and I think that's totally wrong!
Its a Man's world wether you like it, believe it or not. And if you want your marriage to last you have to learn to respect that and treat your Man as the head of the home except of course you want to switch places.
I observed that too with my wife, I help a lot in the house and there are some things that after helping out with, I observe that even when She can do it, she will leave it and even remind me that I haven't done it and it just beats me.
Another TRUTH, as men we love our ego and you cannot take it away.
Its just the trend of late and things are changing, wayback women didn't even enjoy half of what our ladies of late are enjoying and they were Still happy, so I think if you have a husband that helps in the home you ought to be grateful and encourage Him rather that try to impose some things on Him, the male factor in him will always decline that.
You must have the ability to timetravel and read minds at will! grin
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by bukatyne(f): 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
ROCKSTAND1:

I totally agree with you. I help my wife as much as i can, and she even hardly allows me do stuff. Just recently i offered to make indomie for myself but she 'evacuated' me from her kitchen, so i had to go bath the kids and put them to bed. She currently works 8 - 5, taking an MBA plus the home responsibilities. Sometime ago i was abroad for only 4 days and everything literary grounded to a halt. The generator, the water pump, the lights in the children's room, her car even my maigard! On arrival i fixed EVERYTHING in one day. My point is that we all have our roles to play and no party should force their own roles on the other. The man's primary responsibility is not doing house chores, God never designed him like that. The man is created to protect his family both physically and spiritually, every other thing is secondary. Lions hardly hunt, they leave that to the lionesses but when the meal arrives they get the 'Lion's share'. Women are specially endowed with the strength to do their assignments which include house chores and child bearing. The problem of the Western world is that they have adulterated family values and distorted the very foundation of the home. This is what has lead to homosexuality, teen violence etc. [b]The virtuous woman in proverbs 31 was not a spirit yet her husband usually sat at the gates with the elders perhaps playing ludo.[/b]I pray never to be found wanting in any of my responsibilities to my family, in-laws, parents, siblings and even nation.
If you understand that passage well, you will see the only house chore the woman did was to cook! ...she preparse the day's activities for her maids.... I hope you have that part in your own Bible. That passage actually praised the woman's business acumen than her cleaning acumen
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by kemifemi: 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
Have made life very easy for myself since I heard the story of a woman who never had time to rest. From the office to the market to d kitchen and then attend to 3 hyperactive kids who must do their homework while the husband folds his hands, cross his legs and watch National Geography. The woman suffered high BP and just dropped dead.

I cook my soups during the weekends, pack them in plastic containers and put in the freezer. I make sure there's always a loaf of bread in d house every other week. I have a woman who does the laundry every two weeks.
I shop for foodstuff every last saturday of the month( with my husband o, he's my driver for that day) cos carrying heavy load affects my health. Am always on weave on and visit the saloon once every 5 weeks.

Can't come nd kill myself o. Fortunately for me, my husband still helps me cos he said he doesn't want me to age and look like his mother. lol. He helps with the dishes and cleans the bathroom while I wash the loo. We r always gisting . Its really no big deal if a man helps his wife with house chores.
Meanwhile finance wise, I assisted him in paying some bills like the house rent and electricity when he was broke and I neva asked for a refund. Afterall, we are now husband and wife and not boyfriend nd girlfriend
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
bukatyne: And you feel being the king of your castle means you are allowed to be lazy! He wants to do so and he did so what is your problem? what should he be delivered from? The sin of loving his wife or helping her? He is eating the efo and it's making him fresh er and fresher! If you vex too much, pour a bucket of water on your head and hug transformer!

Before we hug transformer together answer this: If you saw your son washing his wife's panties what will you do? Will you say 'well done my son'? Just like you used to say to his father? It is a taboo in our culture. I believed you are one of the culturally alienated-people. No matter how much you embraced the oyinbo culture, you can never be part of them.

Loving your wife, as a man, can be expressed another way such as providing financially for the family surely not by washing 'pata'.

The efo is making him fresher and fresher as you say but also making him rotten inside..!
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by bukatyne(f): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
kingphemy:

Before we hug transformer together answer this: If you saw your son washing his wife's panties what will you do? Will you say 'well done my son'? Just like you used to say to his father? It is a taboo in our culture. I believed you are one of the culturally alienated-people. No matter how much you embraced the oyinbo culture, you can never be part of them.

Loving your wife, as a man, can be expressed another way such as providing financially for the family surely not by washing 'pata'.

The efo is making him fresher and fresher as you say but also making him rotten inside..!
Sweetheart, the time i would use to poke my nose into my son's home to know if he washes his wifey's pata or not, I will use it to cook good Efo riro for my sweetheart and have wonderful sessions in bed with him! You are right; i am culturally alienated! I don't follow any senseless culture! I try to live my life according to the Bible. I guess your wife can wash your boxers and pants! I have never seen a more odd culture than yours! you can't wash her pant but you can sleep with her? Every man to his own.
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
bukatyne: Sweetheart, the time i would use to poke my nose into my son's home to know if he washes his wifey's pata or not, I will use it to cook good Efo riro for my sweetheart and have wonderful sessions in bed with him! You are right; i am culturally alienated! I don't follow any senseless culture! I try to live my life according to the Bible. I guess your wife can wash your boxers and pants! I have never seen a more odd culture than yours! you can't wash her pant but you can sleep with her? Every man to his own.

Dear, you obviously like to argue (which is commendable). Lucky your husband. No man wouldn't like a wonderful session after a delicious Efo riro.
And as you said each to his own
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by bukatyne(f): 4:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
kingphemy:

Dear, you obviously like to argue (which is commendable). Lucky your husband. No man wouldn't like a wonderful session after a delicious Efo riro.
And as you said each to his own
I pass my points and move on. There are better things to do than monitoring if my son washes his wife's pant or not. My husband is very lucky and I am more lucky smiley
Re: Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
bukatyne: I don't want to attack you but ask some honest questions:
1. When your wife is doing the chores and you are at home, what do you do?
2. When you are both back from work and she is preparing the meals, what do you do?
3. Before you got married, who helped you with chores? and if nobody, what has changed now?
4. Do you think it's your wife's duty to contribute financially to your expenses @ home?

thanks.
Na wa o. Its hard ds days to undrstand where women belong to. The op is simply tryn to pass out a message that d wife should not earmark a domestc job for him. It is downgrading for men like... She is controln me.
Hope u undrstnd me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife?? / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.