Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, (15262 Views)

Why Men Don't Help-Out With Domestic Chores / I Hate Any Form Of Housework And I'll Work My Ass To Hire A Maid / Which Housework Do You Love/hate Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 9:55pm On Feb 12, 2013
How are you and yours? Hope everyone is fine. If so, thanks be to God.
My purpose of writing this letter is to inform you that you guys really need to start pitying your wives when it comes to the issue of housework.
Ejor, we understand that you are kings and monarchs and are very powerful and wonderful.
But abeg, try to pity your wives when it comes to the issue of housework.
I have seen different threads on Nairaland where men stated that they can not help with the housework because that is a woman's work or because if they help their wives she will start expecting them to always assist.
One thing you should realize is that you should help out if your wife contributes financially even if the responsibility of taking care of the house is expected to be that of the woman in the society we live in.
It is not easy for women, you have to understand this, having to run jobs and take care of kids and take care of the house all at once is not a piece of cake so please help out.

How would you feel if your wife refused to contribute money to help you with something you have dire need of money for, maybe your business? Or if she refused to contribute money for medical care that you might need for an illness someday in future? What if your wife refused to help you in such times because she believes that contributing financially to the house is something only the husband should do?
Kindly start assisting in the house, thank you. It doesn't make you less of a man.

Yours Faithfully,
Chocolate.

24 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by EasyNaijacom: 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
Erm.. Househelps?

Okay, it depends. If they have grown-up kids then the kids should help with chores.... But if they're newly weds and they both work full time, then I think a househelp would fit in perfectly.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
I can't do much of kitchen work or cleaning though I'm a great cook and also good at fixing appliances. Would that make me your dream guy @ OP?
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by greatgod2012(f): 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
Hhhhhmmmm.....op, are you sure you are ready for this war?
This issue have been tackled severally on this section of d forum and here u are, starting it all over again. O. K oo oo o, im watching ooo, but remember that no two marriages are d same.....each to his/her own.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by birdman(m): 3:00am On Feb 13, 2013
Unfortunately, such men dont read Nairaland. They are too busy spending that spare time they have from not doing chores on clubbing, drinking and watching football. I pray I find myself in the same situation.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:10am On Feb 13, 2013
EasyNaija.com:
Erm.. Househelps?
Okay, it depends. If they have grown-up kids then the kids should help with chores.... But if they're newly weds and they both work full time, then I think a househelp would fit in perfectly.
So why is it forbidden for men to help?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:14am On Feb 13, 2013
Brand_new: I can't do much of kitchen work or cleaning though I'm a great cook and also good at fixing appliances. Would that make me your dream guy @ OP?
No. Please tell me the reason why you cannot clean.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:24am On Feb 13, 2013
greatgod2012: Hhhhhmmmm.....op, are you sure you are ready for this war?
I am not trying to start a war, I want a civil discussion. That is why I was so polite in my OP even though the issue is one that greatly annoys me.
This issue have been tackled severally on this section of d forum and here u are, starting it all over again.
Abeg, even if it has been tackled that doesn't mean it cannot be brought up again. Someone might have new and better ideas to suggested than what was suggested before. Besides there are people who didn't read the last thread(s) and this one could help them.
O. K oo oo o, im watching ooo, but remember that no two marriages are d same.....each to his/her own.
Of course. The people I am addressing should use their disgression. If they have wives that are somehow happy with doing all the housework alone then no wahala. They should use their sense to know that the advice does not apply to them. Thank you very much for your contribution.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 6:26am On Feb 13, 2013
birdman: Unfortunately, such men dont read Nairaland. They are too busy spending that spare time they have from not doing chores on clubbing, drinking and watching football. I pray I find myself in the same situation.
I hope that is a typo.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]
I'm just not caught out for it. Kinda too menial though I do it once in a blue moon and I love having a clean environment too. I'd rather do more challenging things like the gardens, repairs, paint jobs e.t.c. Is there any problem with that? grin
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 8:30am On Feb 13, 2013
Brand_new: I'm just not caught out for it. Kinda too menial though I do it once in a blue moon.

So menial jobs should be left to the inferior human beings like women abi?
I'd rather do more challenging things like the gardens, repairs, paint jobs e.t.c. Is there any problem with that? grin
If your wife is ok with it then no problem.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2013
Other tasks I mentioned is menial too but I just feel house cleaning is too petty and monotonous hence me not liking it.
Hey! I'm not yet married but will soon be. grin
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by JallowBah(f): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2013
Brand_new: Other tasks I mentioned is menial too but I just feel house cleaning is too petty and monotonous hence me no liking it.
Hey! I'm not yet married but will soon be. grin

It`s not like all of the women LIKE cleaning either, you know.

I actually hate it. It is boring and I wish I did not have to do it, but I still do it, because it is needed.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
JallowBah:

It`s not like all of the women LIKE cleaning either, you know.

I actually hate it. It is boring and I wish I did not have to do it, but I still do it, because it is needed.
Women are expected to compromise more when it comes to doing work like cleaning that since house work is regarded as women's work. Only few men would agree to do any considerable amount of cleaning in the house.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by ObiomaA: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
I go do housework if nl babe suck ma prick

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by cigaricon(m): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ahhhrgh not again sad
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by ebamma(m): 1:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dear nigerian women una where wan make we follow do house work dey craze, una sabi how we dey suffer to make money to feed una and buy una blackberries,
Some of us are being insulted by our bosses everyday, but we have no choice cos we need the salary to feed una and buy una brazilian hair,
Wetin be una work sef, una dey spend una day gossipping and lazying about,some of una sef no sabi cook better food where we fit chop enjoy sef, na so so salt the full una soup,
If una want make we dey do the house chores then una must start working and become the breadwinners of the family, she who has ear let her hear

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by ezendiigbo1: 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mscheww!

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by vanstanzy(m): 1:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
What? If another man helps u with house work other than ur husband, u'll appreciate him by giving him ur hubbys' food... THE KPOMO IN-BETWEEN UR THIGHS, is that it? wink wink wink
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by vanstanzy(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2013
ebamma: Dear nigerian women una where wan make we follow do house work dey craze, una sabi how we dey suffer to make money to feed una and buy una blackberries

Tolded them o!!! They understood not. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by emeraldtopaz(f): 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
Its nt compulsory that he helps with some domestic chores but it is necessary.if u need help with anything around the house,tell him lovingly and am sure he would love to help out and know wen to make such requests(when his favryt soccer team is playin isn't d ryt tym to ask him to help u change d baby diapers).just don't make it a duty kind of tin n lastly always appreciate woteva he does n praise him for it no mata how badly he does d job.that way thr will b peace in d house.

10 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
LOOOOOOL
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
ebamma: Dear nigerian women una where wan make we follow do house work dey craze, una sabi how we dey suffer to make money to feed una and buy una blackberries,
Some of us are being insulted by our bosses everyday, but we have no choice cos we need the salary to feed una and buy una brazilian hair,
Wetin be una work sef, una dey spend una day gossipping and lazying about,some of una sef no sabi cook better food where we fit chop enjoy sef, na so so salt the full una soup,
If una want make we dey do the house chores then una must start working and become the breadwinners of the family, she who has ear let her hear
Women also contribute financially, abeg. Women assist men with breadwinning.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by ObiomaA: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
neena adjei: LOOOOOOL

Na ma prick de hungry u
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by mkpikpub(m): 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2013
Women should learn to carry out their responsibilities without complaining. Women are good at amending stuff. Women should cook, do dishes, sweep, wash clothes, take care of the children and other such roles that are obtainable in where they come from. The truth is that women are naturally lazy. Men have their roles to play, leave them to concentrate.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
The one he does at night is enough tongue

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by hollypagan: 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
writer go an find house help
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by KINGwax(m): 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2013
I grow up with ma dad gettin me at d nanny's, placin me in the front seat and drivin to get foodstuffs at the market. He do the meals evn b4 ma mum returns. He also do ds esp wen mom will be takin long to arrive and he's got the spare time.
I grow up to see him rinse or wrigle while mom washes.
I grow up to watch him support in any way necessary. And there's ds habbit of his I imbibed...I take meat from stew and eat wit a nice cold water!!! He does ds most wen he is d one who did d soup, and less wen mom does cos mom tends to grow stern eyes!!! If d soup aint new, he won't touch it so if mom suceeded in guidin d stew till it looses it's hotness; it's safe!!!
Well, ds thread aint for me, am out!!!

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by vanstanzy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]How are you and yours? Hope everyone is fine. If so, thanks be to God.
My purpose of writing this letter is to inform you that you guys really need to start pitying your wives when it comes to the issue of housework.
[b]Ejor, we understand that you are kings and monarchs and are very powerful and wonderful.[b]
But abeg, try to pity your wives when it comes to the issue of housework.
I have seen different threads on Nairaland where men stated that they can not help with the housework because that is a woman's work or because if they help their wives she will start expecting them to always assist.
One thing you should realize is that you should help out if your wife contributes financially even if the responsibility of taking care of the house is expected to be that of the woman in the society we live in.
It is not easy for women, you have to understand this, having to run jobs and take care of kids and take care of the house all at once is not a piece of cake so please help out.

How would you feel if your wife refused to contribute money to help you with something you have dire need of money for, maybe your business? Or if she refused to contribute money for medical care that you might need for an illness someday in future? What if your wife refused to help you in such times because she believes that contributing financially to the house is something only the husband should do?
Kindly start assisting in the house, thank you. It doesn't make you less of a man.

Yours Faithfully,
Chocolate.

O Gosh! cheesy cheesy u are making my head swell with all this TITLES. grin grin grin Stop PATRONIZING ME WOMAN! angry and get straight to the point. Ok, i have heard u even before u spoke. To tell u how much i enjoyed ur letter, i "LIKED" u. That should be enough na, isn't it?
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
@op wetin you score for ur waec (english) because I cannot understand why someone will be writing “if so thanks be to obatala“in 2013. Can you now see the reason why we refuse to help you?

On a serious note, try and register for the next GCE. It will do you a lot of good.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by CHoccolaTE: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
mkpikpub: Men have their roles to play, leave them to concentrate.
What are men's roles? Going to work and coming back home again abi?
Re: Dear Nigerian Men That Don't Help With Housework, by vanstanzy(m): 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
[CHocolaTE:
]

Maybe, he has a SWOLLEN SCROTAL SACK and can't bend over to clean. grin grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Name 5 Things You Did As A Child During Christmas Period? / What's Your Childish Trait? / 25 Year Old Guy Impregnates His Mum In Abuja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.