Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. - Events (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. (22848 Views)

Over 200,000 Lagosians Gathered To Celebrate 2014 Lagos Countdown (photos) / Nairaland Crosses One Million Members! / Nairaland Will Soon Hit 1 Million Members/users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by naptu2: 8:56am On Jan 18, 2013
☆COn*GRAT√*¨`*ULATIONS√*¨´♫ •.☆ ♥♫ •☆.♥.•°°¸.•*¨`*•´ • °¸.•* ¨`☆*♥¸.•*¨`*• ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•..•¨*♪ ♥ *☆CON*√GRAT*¨`*ULATIONS☆*»”¤'”~«

1 Like

Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by thelastPope(m): 8:58am On Jan 18, 2013
laykhorn:
I am not sayin you're wrong to have opened other account... I'm separatin the chaff from grains and that the real estimate wouldnt be more than 500k

His statement is actually wrong because those sites he mentioned allow their users to deactivate and delete their accounts. I know many people who have deleted their facebook accounts. I used to have up to 3 facebook accounts but have deleted 2 and only maintain one now. And facebook does not count pages as regular accounts.
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by KINGwax(m): 8:59am On Jan 18, 2013
But, wot kind of a slowpoke will open several stagnant email account jes to av different handles on a forum?
I dnt evn get d time. I av two. One for business, one for regular.
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Ignatio(m): 8:59am On Jan 18, 2013
Whenever I open a new page the number of members increase.

Nairaland by the way should be respected and also awarded the biggest site in this country.

Journalists even jack some of their news from here.

Naijapals couldn't beat Nairaland traffic.
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2013
Seun abeg ban me, I wan comot 4rm ds NL! How person go jux dey 4 were I nogo fit comot? Na illuminati? Abeg am sorry 4 registering, na me make mistake! *sob!sob!!*

4 Likes

Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by cyril83(m): 9:01am On Jan 18, 2013
Kudos to seun osewa buh make somebdy tell am make he change cloth for him profile pic na,so sure say dat dat lace go don fade throwway

1 Like

Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by MadCow1: 9:04am On Jan 18, 2013
ItsModella: Okija juju/Okija*juju, Mad cow...and I'm pretty sure he's the person behind "Unknown Member"

Shooooo!!!!!

Shey you dey stalk me!! angry

Now I need to go get a new account.

Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by thelastPope(m): 9:05am On Jan 18, 2013
Dondav: Madness... People with 50 usernames! We are probably just 80,000 in this forum...

If you want to get an estimate of NL, just observe the average number of views the hottest threads have. That will give you some estimate.
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Toks2008(m): 9:05am On Jan 18, 2013
Which ever way we look at it, this site has recorded over 1 million registered members and that is a good one.

Nevertheless we must understand that many people have multiple user names. For instance, i registered in 2008 with toks2008 then Seun banned me for discussing Forex trading and i had to register with toks2009 which has been dormant as i still prefer to use toks2008.

So i suggest that Seun adds a feature that allows users to delete an unused user name maybe this will give a more vivid picture of the actual number of registered members.
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by fittty(m): 9:05am On Jan 18, 2013
pepperminty12: Seun abeg ban me, I wan comot 4rm ds NL! How person go jux dey 4 were I nogo fit comot? Na illuminati? Abeg am sorry 4 registering, na me make mistake! *sob!sob!!*

Loooool. U nor well :d
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by FXKing2012(m): 9:05am On Jan 18, 2013
I think it's only right we get to know who the 1millionth (1,000,000th) member is. So who is he/she?
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 18, 2013
so it took more than ten years to hit one million members for nigeria's most succesful website? Ouch..
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by oyeleyemaureen(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2013
wow! It's over 1 million already
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by laykhorn(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2013
hienyimba:

it doesnt matter.Nairaland within the past few days, have experienced xtra phenomenal growth and the above mentioned cant have created all these accts.

Now it stands at 999,907...

Do the math. from morning till 2am as i make this post 999,907 - 999,399 ? ? ? ?

its 508 accounts in less than a day...

Once Again, Welcome To Nairaland.
.......The 2nd Largest Social Network In Africa.

Abeg Seun Who be The First? ? ? ?
It matters! I doubt If we evn have more than 100k active member/log-ins this past year 2012. I just corrected u that its nt a Social network, its called FORUM angry and I never said only those people alone operate more than 1account or are you dyslexic...
I've never noticed until now how fast that membership thing runs. I know of a brother who hacks, he can make u get 1000followers(false people) on twitter if you pay him 15k... Sh*t!!! Seun should stop f0oling himself. Mehn! U need to stop thinkin like a retardeen
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by surveycash(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2013

Congratuluvia to we all...See me sig for what I do here on NL
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by xynerise: 9:08am On Jan 18, 2013
Dondav: Madness... People with 50 usernames! We are probably just 80,000 in this forum...
Or less
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Ngwakwe: 9:09am On Jan 18, 2013
The beautiful or ugly thing about Nairaland is, once you enter (subscribe) no more going back as in unsubscribe.

Seun, e be like say na 666 (mark of the beast) wey we come collect here be this ooo...

Please help create back door for people who wan waaka.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by demoreon: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2013
Congrat NL,anyone interested in owning a 100% free website designed by me. Pm of your interest and I will send you over some information I'll need from you to get started on your project right away!

Offer closes today
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by thelastPope(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2013
Toks2008: Which ever way we look at it, this site has recorded over 1 million registered members and that is a good one.

Nevertheless we must understand that many people have multiple user names. For instance, i registered in 2008 with toks2008 then Seun banned me for discussing Forex trading and i had to register with toks2009 which has been dormant as i still prefer to use toks2008.

So i suggest that Seun adds a feature that allows users to delete an unused user name maybe this will give a more vivid picture of the actual number of registered members.

Actually, this thread is not a good advert for NL. I have worked on social media aggregation projects. If I am a marketing person for a big organisation and am reading this thread, my value for NL will drop. This is not only a NL problem per se. Even facebook had this same problem last year and they had to convince advertizers by proving how many people are really active. That is why facebook does not count pages as normal accounts. Marketing people don't follow hype, they follow real facts and figures.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by laykhorn(m): 9:13am On Jan 18, 2013
thelastPope:

His statement is actually wrong because those sites he mentioned allow their users to deactivate and delete their accounts. I know many people who have deleted their facebook accounts. I used to have up to 3 facebook accounts but have deleted 2 and only maintain one now. And facebook does not count pages as regular accounts.
u get it bro... Hw can you let people into sumtin and cage them forever
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by begwong: 9:13am On Jan 18, 2013
ballabriggs: Errrmmm this one million is it plus or minus those with 10 IDs undecided undecided

Just saying.
like me,i get up to 35.... lol!,,
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by NoContract(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2013
A thread hits frontpage, and 14 pages with no single hidden post.

Impressive!!!

In the meantime, уσυ don't need to open different emails for each Nairaland α¢¢συηт. Just:

Go to 10minutemail.com

Generate a random email (which expires in exactly 10 minutes) this proces takes 1 or 2 seconds.

Register nairaland. Simple. Just мαкє sure U̶̲̥̅̊ don't forget ur username.
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by humpito(m): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2013
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by thelastPope(m): 9:17am On Jan 18, 2013
NoContract: A thread hits frontpage, and 14 pages with no single hidden post.

Impressive!!!

In the meantime, уσυ don't need to open different emails for each Nairaland α¢¢συηт. Just:

Go to 10minutemail.com

Generate a random email (which expires in exactly 10 minutes) this proces takes 1 or 2 seconds.

Register nairaland. Simple. Just мαкє sure U̶̲̥̅̊ don't forget ur username.

You are promoting spamming? SMH!
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by begwong: 9:17am On Jan 18, 2013
thelastPope:

If you want to get an estimate of NL, just observe the average number of views the hottest threads have. That will give you some estimate.
true talk!
take note of d logged in mbers & guest.
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2013
C_JAY: so it took more than ten years to hit one million members for Nigeria's most successful website? Ouch..

Erm.. It actually took 8 years to reach this milestone.
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by ikpebu: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2013
Congrats Seun. Hmmm.... Any changes to the site in the future or are u continuing with the way it is?
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 18, 2013
Within 55 minutes, over 34 monikers have joined Nairaland. Wow!

190 must be hard at work grin
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Onyiip(f): 9:25am On Jan 18, 2013
................i never comment just they read since so i say make i just write something................................................................

Btw I've just one moniker
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 18, 2013
Onyii.p:
................i never comment just they read since so i say make i just write something................................................................

Welcome, beautiful lady smiley
Re: Countdown To Nairaland Hitting A Million Members. by FoxyRebirth(m): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2013
thelastdon:

if i hear

Haaa... Na two months banning na im bring about this moniker oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Rukevwe And Imokhai Wed In Style - Photos / Who Is To Pay For An Introduction Reception In A Bride House / Lady Celebrates Her Birthday With A Weird Shoutout To Her Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.