Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief (18141 Views)

Battle Between Nigeria Army And IMN Today (Graphic Pics) / El Rufai Receives Malian President On First Day In Office (Photos) / Malian Jihadist Group Threatens To Attack Nigeria, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by bappahman: 12:21am On Jan 18, 2013
As the nation prepares to send troops into battle in Mali, “terrorists” have been spotted entering Nigeria to create havoc, a high-level Army officer was reported to tell newsmen at a recent press conference in Jaji, Kaduna State.

Army Chief of Staff (COAS) Azubuike Ihejirika, who did not offer evidence, claimed that terrorists trained in Mali had already arrived on Nigerian shores. But the military “was not resting on its oars” and are winning the war against terror,” he said, according to a security source speaking to Sahara Reporters.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, explained: “COAS indeed told journalists that they received an intelligence report on Wednesday that terrorists trained in Mali entered Nigeria, with the aim of causing more terrorists attack in the country, and so Nigerians should see the rationale of sending troops to Mali as a strategy toward boosting our internal security.” He proceeded to Kaduna and then headed back to Abuja.”

Close to 200 Nigerian troops are due to arrive in Mali to join the French forces, expected to reach over 2,000. Nigeria will lead the West African force. It has pledged a total of 900 troops as well as fighter jets.

Chad has also confirmed 2,000 soldiers. Benin, Ghana, Niger, Senegal, Burkina Faso and Togo have also pledged to take part.

In total, 3,300 regional troops will be deployed in the conflict under a U.N. Security Council resolution.

From a campaign waged from the air, French soldiers are now tied down on the ground, with street battles taking place in the town of Diabaly, 350km (220 miles) north of the capital Bamako.

Diabaly's mayor, Oumar Diakite, told the BBC from Bamako only Malian troops were involved in the battle. Both sides suffered casualties, he said.

"The Islamists were burying their dead next to our cemetery in Diabaly. There were also three bodies of Malian soldiers lying on the side of the road," Mr Diakite added.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/%E2%80%98terrorists%E2%80%99-mali-seen-nigeria-army-chief-alleges
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by bappahman: 12:23am On Jan 18, 2013
Last year the repels warned Nigerian government on interfering with there internal problems and promised to bomb parts of nigeria especially abuja if nigerian soldiers enter mali
So now we sit nd wait
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 1:42am On Jan 18, 2013
Our borders are too porous + Jonathan may be trying to use the situation in mali to score int'l points

2 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by casimirchocho(m): 1:46am On Jan 18, 2013
Time to taste our War planes and see if these 1976 fighter jets are still functioning....I hope say d jets no go crash land by themselves...lol

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by kenbee(f): 1:48am On Jan 18, 2013
E be like say they want to tell us another story again!

2 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by gtim4uall: 2:12am On Jan 18, 2013
Lord have mercy ! cry
PLEASEEEEE... FAST

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Ganys: 2:27am On Jan 18, 2013
Anxiously waiting with kin interest cool cool cool
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Mayowura: 2:30am On Jan 18, 2013
Abeg o! Nigerian forces pls secure the borders for us o!
Because if this people enter come do partnership with BH GUYS, e go bad gan ni!

5 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by tpia5: 2:30am On Jan 18, 2013
what do they look like?
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 18, 2013
Nigeria has a porous border,go to Benin-Nigeria border,then you will know the porousness of the border.
With the influx of the Malian rebels,then we are in for more surprises. I hope the situation won't be the usual fire bridgage approach.

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by HAH: 2:58am On Jan 18, 2013
Mr Army chief just say you want to ask for more money everybody in Nigeria knows that BH are trained in Mali so this is no news.

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by mrborn2fuck(m): 2:59am On Jan 18, 2013
Speechless,time will tell
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by manny4life(m): 3:02am On Jan 18, 2013
My Igbo bros, make una no vex but I'll speak my Igbo in this one cheesy cheesy grin grin

"Okpatalu nku ahuhu, sili ngwele nya bia lu ya uno onwu" - He who brings ant infested woods invites lizard into his home.

If Nigerian govt listens, let them hear. We already have enough BH to deal with, dealing with inter-regional terror within our home borders will be not so cool scenario...

2 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:04am On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: Our borders are too porous + Jonathan may be trying to use the situation in mali to score int'l points

^^^And people were blaming the immediate past head of immigration when she said she doesn't want to employ terrorists (maybe she should have been a bit less blunt about it wink); what's to stop someone from Niger or Chad strolling into immigrations office seeking for employment and armed with a letter of identification and references from the village head of a border town in Borno or Jigawa states?

By the time a real terrorist outrage occurs, it's then we'll get our heads out of the sand and face pertinent questions that need to be answered; until then make we dey mumu dey go.

3 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by DOD1: 3:08am On Jan 18, 2013
Each time I hear stuff like this, I can't stop but wonder how the african borders/countries are so vulnerable. First it was a fallout from libya to mali n some other countries n now from mali to naija. My question is: how were this terrorists able to move those many sophisticated weapons from libya to mali, so much so that the entire malian army is not in good shape enough to confront them alone, I mean didn't they cross borders? Now they have entered naija, did they enter empty handed or with weapons? I'm sure with weapons, n I ask again, did they come in through the bush-path or the border? Smh
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by jimino(m): 3:09am On Jan 18, 2013
Y is it dat some muslim want war by all means? Der r alot of pple lyk shiek gumi in mali who r causing dis war bt wen d war comes dey wil b d 1st set of pple dat wil run 2 saudi arabia nd watch d whole action film on tv. D foolish folowers cannot use der God given brain 2 think ri8, all dey tink is die. May God help dem

2 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by mrborn2fuck(m): 3:24am On Jan 18, 2013
jimino: Y is it dat some muslim want war by all means? Der r alot of pple lyk shiek gumi in mali who r causing dis war bt wen d war comes dey wil b d 1st set of pple dat wil run 2 saudi arabia nd watch d whole action film on tv. D foolish folowers cannot use der God given brain 2 think ri8, all dey tink is die. May God help dem
muslim is never a religion of peace, their heart is full of wickedness.I cannot even Bleep a muslim girl,not to talk of date them....hopefully they change for better, the french forces should come to northern nigeria and bomb all the boko haram boys

3 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by RealMccoy2(m): 3:38am On Jan 18, 2013
The beneficiaries in this much anticipated conflict will be those seeking for their own republic. Goodluck johnathan is systematically benefitting from this Malian conflict. The attack by the rebels will only be heard of up north, they wont be able to come down south because Malians have more Fulani features unlike southerners. I hope their threat is real so it can expedite the much awaited break up. GEJ is seeping champagne with other southerners as we speak *the time has finally arrived*in his church mind. Pro Biafrans are very delighted to hear this news. Let the Islamic north habour those Malians fighting for Allah.

5 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by imperiouxx(m): 3:41am On Jan 18, 2013
Then dem BH don see allies. God saves Nigeria!
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by jpphilips(m): 3:44am On Jan 18, 2013
thas was my opinion on oct 24th last year

Lastly, Nigeria is a soft target for a cohesion of Alqeda, islamic mahreb and supporter of APC should there be a reprisal.

the strain on our third world military will be catastrophic for the Nigerian people, believe me, the fact that Nigeria can boast of troops wielding AK and FAN riffles does not in any way translate to military strength.
The Game of numbers have been long murdered at the birth of military technological advancement and formidable mobilization strategies.

see the full text

[url]https://www.nairaland.com/1080541/jonathan-intervenes-mali-political-crisis#12668984
[/url]

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by RealMccoy2(m): 3:47am On Jan 18, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^And people were blaming the immediate past head of immigration when she said she doesn't want to employ terrorists (maybe she should have been a bit less blunt about it wink); what's to stop someone from Niger or Chad strolling into immigrations office seeking for employment and armed with a letter of identification and references from the village head of a border town in Borno or Jigawa states?

By the time a real terrorist outrage occurs, it's then we'll get our heads out of the sand and face pertinent questions that need to be answered; until then make we dey mumu dey go.
This is a good news. I hope they enter Nigeria and cause havoc as promised. The entity called Nigeria may not see 2015.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by RealMccoy2(m): 3:54am On Jan 18, 2013
Visit comment section on Aljazeera and then you will know that Islamic Martyrs all over north Africa are ready for this show down. They have promised to fight and destroy enemies of Allah while they praised the Malian rebels for resisting french fire power. Nigeria is headed for doom and by the blood of those innocent Christians killed by Boko Haram in northern Nigeria, we shall overcome and form a country where religion is by choice.

2 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by chiefbatiatus(m): 4:01am On Jan 18, 2013
All these terror, hatred, war and senseless killings is the ONLY legacy islam can leave the world. No muslim country is at the forefront of any research that has turned out products that improved the lot of mankind. See all the gadgets around you that make life easy, they are all invented in christian or other-religion countries. The only gadget islamic countries are interested in is the nuclear bomb and the reason for their fascination is obvious and I believe very soon they might succeed if the world let's down its guard. All other problems the world has can be corrected except a problem that is backed by religious ideology. For instance recently, a shop owned by a muslim northerner moved into our plaza where we work in wuse, in less than 1 month of coming they have quickly adopted the parking space of 2 vehicles as their prayer ground in a plaza where parking space is very very limited. They have already started heating up the polity as others are careful of confronting them even though they are pained by this development. And the muslim guy and his cohorts don't care from their body language. This is the same reason islam cannot live in peace with others.
Islam is now the biggest problem the world faces.

17 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by ayox2003: 4:04am On Jan 18, 2013
mr.born2fuck:
muslim is never a religion of peace, their heart is full of wickedness.I cannot even Bleep a muslim girl,not to talk of date them....hopefully they change for better, the french forces should come to northern nigeria and bomb all the boko haram boys

Bro, when are we gonna stop pointing fingers? Its not right at all. Said it somany times on this forum that christians don't have any right to blame muslims because of the few bad eggs amongst them. I'm a christian. Please let's stop this castigation.

Op, I hope these terrorist won't repeat what happened in Algeria the day before yesterday, where they held French and American citizens in hostage. Security should be beefed-up in multinational coys and across the nation.

The war in Mali is a full blown attack on terrorism. Let's pray for our men too. These are difficult times for their relatives.

Frawzey
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by bigtt76(f): 4:16am On Jan 18, 2013
I wonder if the so called Federal Character and quota system has been used in determining the geo-political spread of the 900 troupe Nigeria is sending grin. grin grin.... no dulling o! All tribes in country must within and taste war real-time so dat when the troupe come back home they would help spread the need for harmonious living and tolerance.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by babaowo: 4:16am On Jan 18, 2013
The simple solution of Nigeria borders is an effective database of citizen with biometric identity cards which can be easily swap on any forces monitoring machines, but our FG. ain't serious yet.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by zumbigbo(m): 4:25am On Jan 18, 2013
The West likes War as instability generates profits via new mining concessions to mineral resources. They killed Ghadaffi and let a demon out of the bag. With the help of Algeria, he controlled the Jihadists tightly, which meant we had peace in West Africa. Now with AQIM strong across the whole Maghreb and pushing South, the real terror has only just begun. We have seen nothing yet?

We will see if GPS and technology copes with the Sahel?

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Omexonomy: 4:34am On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: Our borders are too porous + Jonathan may be trying to use the situation in mali to score int'l points
if gej should keep quiet people will still complain they will remind him of the provabial neighbour whose house is on fire and he refuses to contribute his own share of water to quench the fire. Read my signature

2 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Omexonomy: 4:41am On Jan 18, 2013
Real-Mccoy:
The beneficiaries in this much anticipated conflict will be those seeking for their own republic. Goodluck johnathan is systematically benefitting from this Malian conflict. The attack by the rebels will only be heard of up north, they wont be able to come down south because Malians have more Fulani features unlike southerners. I hope their threat is real so it can expedite the much awaited break up. GEJ is seeping champagne with other southerners as we speak *the time has finally arrived*in his church mind. Pro Biafrans are very delighted to hear this news. Let the Islamic north habour those Malians fighting for Allah.
you and ur negative comment if gej should keep quiet people will still complain they will remind him of the provabial neighbour whose house is on fire and he refuses to contribute his own share of water to quench the fire. Read my signature.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 4:50am On Jan 18, 2013
kenbee: E be like say they want to tell us another story again!

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by gogodaye(m): 4:54am On Jan 18, 2013
Whilst the threat might be real, I would rather urge that we should be much more circumspect of what we hear from our people in government. They'll peddle all manner of tales to justify anything. At one stage all the BH guys were foreigners from Chad & Niger Republics, however all those arrested thus far are 100% Nigerians. They also had said they knew & also didn't know their leadership & identities. Now to justify the deployment, they've been sighted in naija.I hope the COAS too go go Mali
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by moonraker(m): 5:03am On Jan 18, 2013
See me, See wahala!!!

your country is technically at war with every thing going wrong, yet you go out of your way

to help fix other peoples problems?? Is this government insane or does it have its priorities

mixed up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo Government Installs CCTV Cameras, Street Lights At Black Spots / Gunmen Disarms Vigilantes In Enugu Burn Down Houses / Niger College Blast Killed Only Suicide Bomber — Gov. Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.