Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief (18146 Views)

Battle Between Nigeria Army And IMN Today (Graphic Pics) / El Rufai Receives Malian President On First Day In Office (Photos) / Malian Jihadist Group Threatens To Attack Nigeria, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by seanet01: 5:13am On Jan 18, 2013
mr.born2fuck:
muslim is never a religion of peace, their heart is full of wickedness.I cannot even Bleep a muslim girl,not to talk of date them....hopefully they change for better, the french forces should come to northern nigeria and bomb all the boko haram boys
you are a bonafide EDI.OT.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 18, 2013
bappahman: Last year the repels warned Nigerian government on interfering with there internal problems and promised to bomb parts of nigeria especially abuja if nigerian soldiers enter mali
So now we sit nd wait
yes we wait but in vain, lets make it hard for them, let not your heart be troubled & neither be afraid...

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by nagoma(m): 6:09am On Jan 18, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^And people were blaming the immediate past head of immigration when she said she doesn't want to employ terrorists (maybe she should have been a bit less blunt about it wink); what's to stop someone from Niger or Chad strolling into immigrations office seeking for employment and armed with a letter of identification and references from the village head of a border town in Borno or Jigawa states?

By the time a real terrorist outrage occurs, it's then we'll get our heads out of the sand and face pertinent questions that need to be answered; until then make we dey mumu dey go.

Don't defend illegality. that woman should have been punished if we had a real government. She was treated with kid gloves , others in similar position will employ only their tribes like she did for years. She should have requested the help of ihejirika in the screening as seems to know Malian rebels and terrorists. She went on to employ only kidnappers and drug couriers.

3 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by kaen1317: 6:26am On Jan 18, 2013
Did gadhafi not predict this?

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Symphony007: 6:28am On Jan 18, 2013
This is really disturbing o!! We are still fighting to curtail boko haram and now this? And trust me this malian group is more sorphisticated than boko, yesterday they held hostages of american,british and french citizenry in algeria and many are dead. We really need to tread carefully!

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by kliverpool(m): 6:39am On Jan 18, 2013
IF a man high up in Government can open his mouth and say they have seen these guys in Nigeria.How many have they arrested why is he telling us.We want to know what he is doing about them.This can only happen Nigeria.you have seen them why not stop them b4 they enter??

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by batstan(m): 6:41am On Jan 18, 2013
Awilo longoba......wo yi wo yi wo ooo
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 18, 2013
kaen1317: Did gadhafi not predict this?
Ghadafi would be laughing at the turn of events wherever he is now. The guy all along had been the one preventing west and North Africa from being overrun by Islamist militants.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: Our borders are too porous + Jonathan may be trying to use the situation in mali to score int'l points

There is nothing like intl point scoring. Boko Haram has strong links with the terrorsit groups in Mali who supports them with weapons and trainings and our secret agents have been in mali even before now, so GEJ has to make sure that they are crushed in mali so that we can at least close one of their sources of their support leaving the one in algeria till we get the opportunity to help shut them down. I don leak small infor nw. So GEJ aint doing this just for political reason

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Reference(m): 6:52am On Jan 18, 2013
imperiouxx: Then dem BH don see allies. God saves Nigeria!

Hmmm. More like tag team partners. Wrestlemania Africa unfolding. It was Libya's problem, Mali nosed in then it became Mali's problem then Nigeria rushed into the ring, now it is Nigeria's problem. With half of West Africa now in the ring don't expect the Malian badoos to fight fair.

That's why I prefer cage match-ups. Ref Ki-Moon, where art thou. This thing is out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2013

As the nation prepares to send troops into battle in Mali, “terrorists” have been spotted entering Nigeria to create havoc, a high-level Army officer was reported to tell newsmen at a recent press conference in Jaji, Kaduna State. Army Chief of Staff (COAS) Azubuike Ihejirika, who did not offer evidence, claimed that terrorists trained in Mali had already arrived on Nigerian shores. But the military “was not resting on its oars” and are winning the war against terror,” he said.

Nigeria is such a funny and unserious country. What does the "high-level Army officer" mean by terrorists have been "spotted" entering Nigeria? ? ? Spotted by whom? Were they arrested by the 'spotters', or were they merely "spotted" and left alone since, after all, the military was "not resting on its oars"? Of what use is it to "spot" a terrorist - or indeed any criminal for that matter - and fail to apprehend him?

If these are the sort of clowns we have in our military, then the country is doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by mrborn2fuck(m): 7:03am On Jan 18, 2013
seanet01: you are a bonafide EDI.OT.
shocked grin

I love muslim until boko haram took over, my mission to go see my hausa babe in kaduna as failed over boko haram activities, they have done more harm than good.....imagine me being intimate in a hotel and someone comes in with a Bomb, What does that have to do with I d.iot?
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by idupaul: 7:10am On Jan 18, 2013
pro01:

Nigeria is such a funny and unserious country. What does the "high-level Army officer" mean by terrorists have been "spotted" entering Nigeria? ? ? Spotted by whom? Were they arrested by the 'spotters', or were they merely "spotted" and left alone since, after all, the military was "not resting on its oars"? Of what use is it to "spot" a terrorist - or indeed any criminal for that matter - and fail to apprehend him?

If these are the sort of clowns we have in our military, then the country is doomed.

I have been dumbfounded since last nite when I saw the Army boss utter these words on TV.. I stiil can't understand what he meant by spotting Malian Rebels entering the north ..
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Reference(m): 7:10am On Jan 18, 2013
gboss4sure:

There is nothing like intl point scoring. Boko Haram has strong links with the terrorsit groups in Mali who supports them with weapons and trainings and our secret agents have been in mali even before now, so GEJ has to make sure that they are crushed in mali so that we can at least close one of their sources of their support leaving the one in algeria till we get the opportunity to help shut them down. I don leak small infor nw. So GEJ aint doing this just for political reason

I don't think you're calculating the cost/benefit ratio properly. Yes there is a temptation to nip the insurgency in the bud quickly but only if you think you have a 110% chance of success. Remember, you are fighting an ideology, not an army and these things tend to run on steroids.

Nigeria should not be the first one in but we should take time to layer our defences. Whatever is then left of our resources - men and means, we can offer when the combatants are war weary.

Am afraid of two things here. Mission creep as in Liberia to Serria Leone which our economy hasn't recovered from and religious infiltrations into our military. Foreign campaigns ALWAYS change militaries permanently.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by neksummi(m): 7:12am On Jan 18, 2013
Who saw the rebels?
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by abbeylincon(m): 7:18am On Jan 18, 2013
I hope those barbaric ones that called themselves islamic militants are given the fight and defeat of their lives!!!
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Reference(m): 7:22am On Jan 18, 2013
By the way, I just hope the people in charge of monitoring the cost of these things are on their toes. It is not enough for the NA to say Aye out of sentiments. They should know how many tons of ordnance is proposed and how much kero will keep those Alpha's and Mil's flying. Was or is there any appropriation in 2013 for this campaign or is the cash coming from excess crude, reserves or sovereign wealth because Nigeria's economy isn't America's. The naira isn't even the reserve currency of West Africa.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by ajos(m): 7:38am On Jan 18, 2013
nigeria armed force no be joke.they hav done it b4 and now sorry 4 d rebels,na real combatant men enter una land...my great military wishin u quick recovery....arwoooo.....
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Dee60: 7:39am On Jan 18, 2013
Porous borders - Previous regimes failed to address that problem because of illicit gains through illegal oil export, now the same route has been exploited by terrorists. Shame!
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by DonPizzaro: 7:45am On Jan 18, 2013
There is no safety or security in the appeasment of evil.These terrosist are bloody.They attack and kill without provocation
If you allow them to be.it is just a question of time before they grow and become very bold and they will be real regional threat.it is better they are nipped in the bud.
As for me the FGN has taken the right decision.
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by DonPizzaro: 7:47am On Jan 18, 2013
seanet01: you are a bonafide EDI.OT.
if you are trully sound moraly or spiritually.that is not the kind of response to give
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 18, 2013
Reference:

I don't think you're calculating the cost/benefit ratio properly. Yes there is a temptation to nip the insurgency in the bud quickly but only if you think you have a 110% chance of success. Remember, you are fighting an ideology, not an army and these things tend to run on steroids.

Nigeria should not be the first one in but we should take time to layer our defences. Whatever is then left of our resources - men and means, we can offer when the combatants are war weary.

Am afraid of two things here. Mission creep as in Liberia to Serria Leone which our economy hasn't recovered from and religious infiltrations into our military. Foreign campaigns ALWAYS change militaries permanently.

Noted but have in mind that the mission in Mali is the right choice and right way to go in countering terrorist in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by ajayi147(m): 7:55am On Jan 18, 2013
Go fight well and com back home i wish nigeria air force
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by mrborn2fuck(m): 7:58am On Jan 18, 2013
DonPizzaro: if you are trully sound moraly or spiritually.that is not the kind of response to give
I do not support the two religion,one killing another is not supported, rather drinking my beers peacefully,in Jesus name we pray and Allahu akbar should both live in peace, none of my business if anyone is buying jets since I never pay tithe and I don't go church either but killing things is not support
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by lorddrey(m): 8:12am On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: Our borders are too porous + Jonathan may be trying to use the situation in mali to score int'l points
int'l point my foot! His ouse is in disorder! I gues he's still holdin d giant of africa in mind! Make im no fool himself,boko bois don kari d 'gi' frm giant,nah ant remain!!!
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Gladbaba(m): 8:13am On Jan 18, 2013
aba bro wat kind of talk is dis now
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by boolet: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2013
casimirchocho: Time to taste our War planes and see if these 1976 fighter jets are still functioning....I hope say d jets no go crash land by themselves...lol

Not funny
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2013
Meanwhile, the Nigerian military has not proved competent in dealing with guerilla warfare. The Boko Haram and ND militancy are shameful reminders of this woeful incompetence. If our so-called Armed Forces could not uproot the militants from the ND creeks, how can it deal with battle-hardened and single-minded extremists in their own terrain in the dusty hills and dunes of northern Mali?

We have to note that this is not a bread-and-butter 'peace-keeping' mission, which seems the only assignment the Nigerian army is capable of (other than brutalising innocent civilians here in Nigeria, and impregnating natives whenever they are deployed for 'peace-keeping' assignments).
Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by Abagworo(m): 8:21am On Jan 18, 2013
saxywale:
Ghadafi would be laughing at the turn of events wherever he is now. The guy all along had been the one preventing west and North Africa from being overrun by Islamist militants.

This tells you why the West are rather inhuman. There economic interest supersedes international peace. It is this same France that spearheaded the destruction of the most developed oil producing country in Africa and reduced it to rubbles. They also encouraged and armed an Al-qaeda group to fight Ghaddafi. What they did in Libya is as good as backing Boko Haram to destroy Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Malian Rebels Seen In Nigeria - Army Chief by caesaraba(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2013
Let's pray for our brave soldiers. May they achieve victory. Go get the job done and come back home to your families and country with your heads held high. Hurrah!!!

(pls before you insult me, remember that in the army, you take orders. The combatant soldiers are not in a postion to say no to the orders of the President).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Community Kill Two, 19 Missing / Oyo Government Installs CCTV Cameras, Street Lights At Black Spots / Thugs Destroy Ballot Papers At Kankara Tsakuwa Polling Units In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.