Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali (26110 Views)

AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by prettyboi1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
AAC:

Good pics Pretty_boi.

Nice to see d eagles in desert gear. They need to change their rifles to somethg modern like M16s & find a better way of marking da rifles.

Also, d flak jacket shld b desert colour.

Pls kp d pics coming.
Thanks for the commendation. It seems to me like the owner or Blogger of/on that site (of which I provided a link to) is either in the Nigerian military or knows quite reliable stuff about the Nigerian military. Most of the pictures out here or at least most of the pictures he can lay his hands on are pictures that may not breach military protocols (I suppose),that's why we probably can see these pictures. On the other hand,like you said they need more modern rifles? They definitely would not display their arsenal or more sophisticated weapons indiscriminately. He said that a special squad of Nigerian air force commandos took off from port-harcourt yesterday in a completely different uniform with their primary weapons being tavor assault rifles (pictured below) but that he couldn't get pictures of them. Another reason why the AK-47 is probably the primary weapon for our regular forces is that it is absolutely rugged & is quite easily maintained especially when going to harsh terrains like the Malian desert North for instance. Another thing is that most (but not all) assault weapons are "close-combat" rifles & that's why they're mostly used by commandos,secret service agents etc & hardly used by regular forces. The AK-47 is efficient,easy to maintain,rugged,can stand almost any weather condition etc & this is probably why it remains the "primary weapon" of our regular forces (this is just my opinion though.)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by elopee3000(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
Super sonic my foot the same ak47 and ak49 nigerian Police and army re selling to naija armbrobbers.anyway i whish gold luck
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by fydence: 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
Area_boy: Nigerian Airforce is a joke undecided

Supersonic aircrafts? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

A chinese made jet isnt something to boast about grin grin grin grin
i beg area boy make ur own for us so that we go boast about am...
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Dede1:

Shut up your putrid mouth. I guess you derive pleasure by displaying idiocy. The Chengdu Jian-7 with export designation of F-7 is a variant of MIG21. There is nothing modern about an aircraft its maiden flight took place in January, 1966, olodo.
Illiterate fool with no brain. The f7 was modified several times throughout the 1980s and is a far cry from the 60s mig21. What an im.becile. Biafran mor.on.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by fujirice: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Some of us has resolved NEVER to say anything good about this our beloved country and it is very very sad. Omo, France deployed 2,000 whaaat.....!? Or is my eyes deceivin' me? Choi!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by fydence: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
hiroz: Dose of u sayn d govt should attack bh.if d army bomb dem and innocent children are killed,u wil still castigate dem.d case of iraq and pakistan is different because dey had hideouts in mountains away from d citizens.unto d mata at hand dese millitants should be stopped now if not dey wil grow in strength.if u kill one d child wil takeover if u kill anoda d broda wil take over so d islamist millitant have continous supply of foot soldiers
at last...someone who understands the need for PROACTIVENESS and the peculiarity of the Boko Haram situation...God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by hollypagan: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
ROSSIKE: How will an illiterate buffoon like you know the first thing about any jets used "to fought" anywhere when your stomach is stuffed with fufu and your brain with foam? Ignorant, worthless dropout.
IMBE -CILE IS BETTER THAN YOU CANT YOU SEE THE JETS LOOKS LIKE INDOMIE
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by talktimi(m): 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
chuks49: Its time we deploy these jets in our battle against Boko Haram
you can't possibly do that without sending the country into another civil war. The best approach for me is this systematic arrest/elimination of BH members and their sponsors to avoid unnecessary collateral damage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by AAC: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
pretty_boi:
Thanks for the commendation. It seems to me like the owner or Blogger of/on that site (of which I provided a link to) is either in the Nigerian military or knows quite reliable stuff about the Nigerian military. Most of the pictures out here or at least most of the pictures he can lay his hands on are pictures that may not breach military protocols (I suppose),that's why we probably can see these pictures. On the other hand,like you said they need more modern rifles? They definitely would not display their arsenal or more sophisticated weapons indiscriminately. He said that a special squad of Nigerian air force commandos took off from port-harcourt yesterday in a completely different uniform with their primary weapons being tavor assault rifles (pictured below) but that he couldn't get pictures of them. Another reason why the AK-47 is probably the primary weapon for our regular forces is that it is absolutely rugged & is quite easily maintained especially when going to harsh terrains like the Malian desert North for instance. Another thing is that most (but not all) assault weapons are "close-combat" rifles & that's why they're mostly used by commandos,secret service agents etc & hardly used by regular forces. The AK-47 is efficient,easy to maintain,rugged,can stand almost any weather condition etc & this is probably why it remains the "primary weapon" of our regular forces (this is just my opinion though.)

Noted. I agree with u dt d AK47 is battle tested and trusted.

I later went to da blog. Saw dt da gear came 4rm DICON. Dt shows positive steps.

Any idea if some of these guys saw action in Darfur?

Saw d Togolese contingent in jungle gear. Hope d Malian jihadists wnt use dem as target practice.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by talktimi(m): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
elopee3000: Super sonic my foot the same ak47 and ak49 nigerian Police and army re selling to naija armbrobbers.anyway i whish gold luck
nna but wetin concern ak47 and supersonic jet now ?
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
pappilo:

LMFAO at the above

Why dint you read up on the feats of NAF's Air Task Force in Liberia and Sierre Leone (particularly the battle of freetown)before youmock your nation's Airforce.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by fydence: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
pretty_boi:
very well explained bro...and also as a possible added advantage:..most militia use the AK47. so for any enemy gunned down, an extra clip cld be acquired

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by MadCow1: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
pretty_boi:

But sadly, the AK-47 has the worst accuracy of all Automatics in its class..

I learnt Nigeria produces the Belgian FN FAL under the license name NR-1. This gun has a higher accuracy than the AK-47, equally just as rugged, a little more complicated to use, but a trained soldier would compensate for that with a higher kill count.

The M-16 A1 would always be my prefered choice anyday. But I guess for a dessert warfare situation like that of MALI, the Ak-47 would do.

P.S: The Trevor is more suitable for urban combat and close quarter fights, so I wonder how useful it would be in MALI.

Meanwhile, what is the Nigerian Army standard issue rifle?! The FAl or the AK-47?!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by fydence: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
fujirice: Some of us has resolved NEVER to say anything good about this our beloved country and it is very very sad.
Gbam!! You have said it all...Its a very disturbing habit ... God bless The Armed Forces abeg

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by fydence: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
fujirice: Some of us has resolved NEVER to say anything good about this our beloved country and it is very very sad. Omo, France deployed 2,000 whaaat.....!? Or is my eyes deceivin' me? Choi!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by talktimi(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
Reptyle: Didn't know we had F-7s.

Highly unreliable piece of Chinese technology.
highly unreliable in a dog fight, you're very right. Then president yar adua was adviced against buying these f7s but ex defence minister Kwakwanso convinced him to buy them. The chief of defence staff actually recomended Russian planes
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by fydence: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
talktimi: nna but wetin concern ak47 and supersonic jet now ?
lol me sef i tire o...he or she just needs to say something bad about Nigeria...
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by bigrovar(m): 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
It's sad what we see here.. I guess it gives some people orgasm to say something bad about their country. Yes the F7 is not a top of the range jet. I foresee the alpha jets doing most of the sorties in Mali with the F7 acting as backup.. In any case the air would be completely handled by our french allies with their Mirage 2000. Either way that fact that we are there with what we have shows our commitment to the cause. It is my hope that the Government would use this opportunity to look into getting a deep strike role fighter jet for the nation. Something like the Sukhoi Su-30 would be a welcome development. This machine (with the capacity to simultaneously track 15 targets engaging 5 at the same time) can strike Gao, Timbuntu, or anywhere needed in Mali.. return home without breaking a sweat.

Overall I am impressed by the professional way our troops have been deployed and our airlift capability. The boys are well kitted in desert fatigue, blast helmet, and desert coloured boots. The would be met by about 60 unit of paratroopers (special forces) armed with tavor rile would arriving from PH aboard the G222 medium capacity military transport planes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by imperiouxx(m): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mad Cow:

But sadly, the AK-47 has the worst accuracy of all Automatics in its class..

I learnt Nigeria produces the Belgian FN FAL under the license name NR-1. This gun has a higher accuracy than the AK-47, equally just as rugged, a little more complicated to use, but a trained soldier would compensate for that with a higher kill count.

The M-16 A1 would always be my prefered choice anyday. But I guess for a dessert warfare situation like that of MALI, the Ak-47 would do.

P.S: The Trevor is more suitable for urban combat and close quarter fights, so I wonder how useful it would be in MALI.

Meanwhile, what is the Nigerian Army standard issue rifle?! The FAl or the AK-47?!

I'm proud of Nigeria for the fact that they raise to any war call in Africa even if it is a backup for international forces. About the AK47 with those guys, AK47 range isn't long and that's why Nigeria Police Force uses it. Army uses AR-15 .233 Caliber Semiauto rifle (assault rifle) with 30 rounds.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by MadCow1: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

I'm proud of Nigeria for the fact that they raise to any war call in Africa. About the AK47 with those guys, AK47 range isn't long and that's why Nigeria Police Force uses it. Army uses AR-15 .233 Caliber Semiauto with 30 rounds

Nigerian army uses WHAT!!!?!

Haba na!!!!

I have never set my eyes on an AR-15 in the hands of any Nigerian Soldier and I use to almost live in a Military barracks for one whole year! I hope its not the FN FAL that you are mistaking for an AR-15.

The AR-15 is the US army standard issue o!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by imperiouxx(m): 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mad Cow:

Nigerian army uses WHAT!!!?!

Haba na!!!!

I have never set my eyes on an AR-15 in the hands of any Nigerian Soldier and I use to almost live in a Military barracks for one whole year! I hope its not the FN FAL that you are mistaking for an AR-15.

The AR-15 is the US army standard issue o!

I'm now confused undecided I don't know which I saw last with Nigeria Army but I know Nigeria has some assault rifles like that in US. All the same, long range automatic gun is better than AK47 but who knows what they got in those crates apart from ammo. Our forces got them in as much terrorists and kidnappers can afford sophisticated automatic guns.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by MadCow1: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
[img]http://www.guns.yfa1.ru/eng/image/AR_15.jpg[/img] - AR 15

- AK-47

- FN FAL (Made in Nigeria as NR-1)
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by imperiouxx(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
^^^ ok, thanks.....Na the last one I saw with Nigeria army and the upper ones with US army and naija kidnappers and terroritsts.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by OmoTier1(m): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
What people do not understand that war has many fronts and air assault is just one of them. The. French can bombard with their mirage 2000 jets but if there are not foot soldiers on ground to do the clear out, the air assault would be less effective. Hence with our f-7 and alpha jets and a very well trained Army on the ground, we have the upper hand.

It is a shame that so any Nigerians have so hated themselves that they barely can see anything good about the country. What is the big deal about supersonic aircraft? That our military can coordinate and deploy to a foreign land for compact shows they are not as weak as some people thinks! As the nation prospers, surely we will see improvement in our military hardware.

Oh, by the way, does anyone know if Army will be deploying any of their drones for eagle eye spying?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by saem(m): 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2013
Those of you making fun about our military in their latest endeavour don't know jack about our military.

It is sad that we are putting our young men into harms way and instead of us offering our prayers for their safe return, we are saying all manner of negative things on NL.

The objective is to cripple the training platform of the madness called boko haram.

In military strategy, u size the quality of the opposition before you make your deployment...what is wrong in sending out our F7 jets to fight the kind of enemy in mali? These jets are more than enough for the task at hand.

Those of you talking rubish here should wait for the day you will come face to face with an enemy with a gun (God forbid) may be then you will know the enormity of task we have sent our men to accomplish.

Victory comes from God alone!

God bless Nigerian Army.
God bless Nigerian Airforce.
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by OmoTier1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mad Cow: [img]http://www.guns.yfa1.ru/eng/image/AR_15.jpg[/img] - AR 15

- AK-47

- FN FAL (Made in Nigeria as NR-1)
One thing I know about Nigeria military is they know how to get the weapons that meet their needs, and I won't be surprised if they have some AR-15.

A close family member who was in the Nigeria military for a while before He joined the British Army told me that majority of the automatic weapons He has trained with in the British Army were used as part of His training in Nigeria but He said for normal duty in Nigeria,tv hey were always given AK47.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by EliteSon: 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Nigerians among first to join French military

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rAEgoo9zQ

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by seunny4lif(m): 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Just prepared now,with my uniform on haha where is my superbombic gun ohh see it here,brb to nairaland later,now in the boarding plane....salute aaaaaa
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by imperiouxx(m): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
Elite Son: Nigerians among first to join French military

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rAEgoo9zQ

Trust my guys. All in convectional war camo God be with you all.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by MadCow1: 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Please our boys should feel free to kill as many terrorists as they catch.. No trial, no arrest, no I surrender, No I-No-Follow, No It-was-the-work-of-the-devil, no Aja obi'm o..

angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Symphony007: 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
My advice to nigeria is keep those high tech warplanes and let france do the bombing. They have the largest fleet second to the u.s and they even sell more military jets abroad than the u.s, if all their bombardment with their state of the art planes has'nt helped alot why waste the few we have. Stick to the troops nigeria!!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
Symphony007: My advice to nigeria is keep those high tech warplanes and let france do the bombing. They have the largest fleet second to the u.s and they even sell more military jets abroad than the u.s, if all their bombardment with their state of the art planes has'nt helped alot why waste the few we have. Stick to the troops nigeria!!
seems you're yet to comprehend how powerful your country's military is..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Website Hacked ISIS Style; See The Guy Claiming Responsibility / Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore Rejects Obi, Says He Represents Biafra / National Assembly Staff Sit On The Floor During Protest Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.