Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali (26113 Views)

AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
Dede1:

You are a pathetic dunce. What idiotic modifications were meted to F-7 that set it apart from MIG21 of 60s? Is it on the avionic or the engine? MIG21 still trumps F-7 on maximum speed and has night and see through cloud avionics.

Knowledge is FREE, Biafran goat. Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-7

All it takes is 10 minutes to read through the NUMEROUS modifications done on the F7 RIGHT UP TO THE late 2000s.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Reptyle(m): 12:08am On Jan 19, 2013
ROSSIKE: I take it you've flown one of them then? Care to enlighten us further on it's deficiencies?

No I won't enlighten you! Google is your friend.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by jman77(m): 12:12am On Jan 19, 2013
yuzedo: Nigeria has Supersonic Aircrafts??!?? shocked shocked undecided
no be buy we buy am? Na oil money naa
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by yusulphul: 3:56am On Jan 19, 2013
after all Nigerian forces lack training and kit, so they simply don't have the capability to carry out even basic military manoeuvres," UK Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/05/nigerian-army-mali-mission-delayed

we need to solve our internal problems 1st,we aint better than Mali,We have boko haram there,we are yet to solve that imagine
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by talktimi(m): 6:19am On Jan 19, 2013
yusulphul: after all Nigerian forces lack training and kit, so they simply don't have the capability to carry out even basic military manoeuvres," UK Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/05/nigerian-army-mali-mission-delayed

we need to solve our internal problems 1st,we aint better than Mali,We have boko haram there,we are yet to solve that imagine
pls I would advice you not to take these foreign newspapers seriously on this issue. For Obasanjo's tenure a lot of money has been spent on weapons & upgrades for our military & police formationsn you're a civilian and so you won't know about all these things. The average Nigerian soldier is a very highly trained individual and during his/her career is sent on relevant courses ALL over the world. You won't know that because you're not supposed to except you have a friend or relative in the army who confides in you. I think its very silly for anyone to say our soldiers are poorly trained and for you a Nigerian to accept such as fact, why not go to the NDA one of these days for a start and see what soldiers go thru first of all.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 7:40am On Jan 19, 2013
andrewza:

I think you have a gramtcal mistake there. Just 2 words make it wrong. smiley

Oh,my bad. Typos. I actually meant "not supersonic". The Alha jet is subsonic. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by skyflash(m): 8:37am On Jan 19, 2013
stagger: Most fighter planes including the old-fashioned MiGs and Alpha jets that NAF has are supersonic. So what is the big deal?
tell them mugus
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by skyflash(m): 8:43am On Jan 19, 2013
Area_boy: Nigerian Airforce is a joke undecided

Supersonic aircrafts? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

A chinese made jet isnt something to boast about grin grin grin grin
whats your beef with the chinese mind you they have driven the Americans off the market beside the chinese are like gods good or bad its your choice.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 9:24am On Jan 19, 2013
ROSSIKE:

My brother please don't be too angry with some of these boys posting here. For most of them it's lack of exposure that's affecting them. Don't forget that just because someone has internet access doesn't mean they know anything.

My brother i've had it with the rubbish flung around this thread by these so-called "educated" illiterates and ignorant baboons. It's high time we call these unpatriotic morons to order. If they don't know much about a subject matter, why can't they hit the google search engine for answers, or better still stick to threads like "PICTURES OF TONTO DIKEH EATING AMALA" and co?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 19, 2013
MUCH AS IT ISNT RIGHT TO CASTIGATE ONES OWN COUNTRY, U CANT EXACTLY BLAME PEOPLE FOR THE NEGATIVE TALK. THIS IS NAIJA WHERE EFFICIENCY IS NOT THE NORM. THE ROT AND DECAY IS EVERYWHERE IN EVERY GOVERNMENT SECTOR WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT ANY DIFFERENT FROM THE ARMED FORCES? I FEEL IT FOR THE SOLDIERS WHO HAVE TO WORK HARD TO KEEP THE PEACE WITH THEIR SHABBY EQUIPMENT WHILE THE CROOKS IN POWER ARE FLAUNTING THE LATEST TOYS WITHOUT SHAME NOR FEAR.

THAT BEING SAID I HOPE THE JINCHENG (ABI NA SUPERMASTER)AIRCRAFTS DONT BREAK DOWN IN MID- AIR grin
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by snthesis(m): 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
ocelot2006: Truly, we have a lot of ignorant baboons and fucktards here on Nairaland. Our country's military's going to WAR, yet a number of demented monkeys here who won't even survive a day in Boys Scout camp have the audacity to insult our service men and women. What the hell's wrong with you bastards?

First of all, if you think this war isn't tied to the security situation back home, then you are definitely a bufoon of tge highest order. You need to ease up Channel O, MTV-base, Soundcity, and watch the damn news. Where the hell do you think Boko Haram trains and source for weapons used to kill scores of innocent Nigerians up north? Northern Mali is basically ground zero of our security problems, and if we fail, the terror spills across the West African region. And please explain how the deployment of 1200 combat troops from a 90,000+ strong army and 15,000+ strong Airforce affect domestic security ops?

One more thing, i've had it with you fucktards calling the F-7NI fighter junk. Yes it's not as sophisticated as the F-15 or 16, or even the Eurofighter or Gripen, but calling the F-7NI (an improved variant of the 1981 J-7) a 1966 MIG-21 is the same as calling the Japanese F-2 fighter an F-16 fighter. They may look alike, but they are totally different beasts with the F-7NI and F-2 being way more sophisticated than their predecessors. With its cranked-delta wing design and western avionics, the F-7NI is way better performance than the older MIG-21, capable of delivering a number of unguided and precision munition on target.
i no sabi wetin u write, but i like am well well.
#teamnaijarocks
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by snthesis(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
talktimi: pls I would advice you not to take these foreign newspapers seriously on this issue. For Obasanjo's tenure a lot of money has been spent on weapons & upgrades for our military & police formationsn you're a civilian and so you won't know about all these things. The average Nigerian soldier is a very highly trained individual and during his/her career is sent on relevant courses ALL over the world. You won't know that because you're not supposed to except you have a friend or relative in the army who confides in you. I think its very silly for anyone to say our soldiers are poorly trained and for you a Nigerian to accept such as fact, why not go to the NDA one of these days for a start and see what soldiers go thru first of all.
9ja soldiers are amongst the most respected in d world, highly rugged
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by yusulphul: 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
talktimi,are you being naive or av been misinformed,thank God i went to command school and was TA here in the UK,i know the state of both,did u know the police college was like that b4 the channeltv came up with it,i know u r just patriotic about nigeria,i love my country too,i know we have d potentials to do great and the resources but we need to tell the truth,how much are they earning,what courses are u talking about,the last time the nigerian army was taken away by UN,what was d report,we were extorting and raping women,they are under paid,here i know what my friends earn and how comfortable they are,i can send u personal pics if u want,are u telling d police college just became like dat over nite,seems u avnt been 2 cantonment b4,police earning 30k a month n yet they dnt get paid monthly,soliders always begging us for me and food then,u think am deaf to the truth,drive around there at nite and see the way they extort ppl for money,did u even know how boko haram started in 2008,did u see the video of the army that were posted to borno and killed innocent ppl just to lie to us they killed the boko haram and it was over,what course were they on,talktimi open your eyes to the truth and not ur ears (e dey pain me)
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by dokunbam(m): 1:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
is this a joke?

it should be something like this

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
Babzilla: MUCH AS IT ISNT RIGHT TO CASTIGATE ONES OWN COUNTRY, U CANT EXACTLY BLAME PEOPLE FOR THE NEGATIVE TALK. THIS IS NAIJA WHERE EFFICIENCY IS NOT THE NORM. THE ROT AND DECAY IS EVERYWHERE IN EVERY GOVERNMENT SECTOR WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT ANY DIFFERENT FROM THE ARMED FORCES? I FEEL IT FOR THE SOLDIERS WHO HAVE TO WORK HARD TO KEEP THE PEACE WITH THEIR SHABBY EQUIPMENT WHILE THE CROOKS IN POWER ARE FLAUNTING THE LATEST TOYS WITHOUT SHAME NOR FEAR.

THAT BEING SAID I HOPE THE JINCHENG (ABI NA SUPERMASTER)AIRCRAFTS DONT BREAK DOWN IN MID- AIR grin
Just shut up your dumb mouth cos you're as stup.id and ignorant as the rest. Shabby equipment indeed. " every govt sector" indeed. If "every govt sector" in the country is as rotten as you claim, you think you will be able to find common groundnut to eat or soap to wash? Or even be able to sleep safely in your house every night? When fools like you learn to think before opening your rotten mouths to denigrate what you know nothing about, then you can be taken seriously. Rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by AllowMe1: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2013
maxwello.yg:
your name cool o !
...A lot of times when you do stuff for others,you are actually doing for yourself... Posterity!!!
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
Pls, respect ur country, Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
For those of you mocking Nigeria, i pity you. Nothing good can happen to you as long as you see nothing good about Nigeria while you're still within her border. I'd you to find a place to migrate to instead of wasting away your life here. You talk about war planes been outta date and not good enough, not even appreciating these soldiers are able to use it effectively. No matter what you say, Nigeria will still remain a great nation, either you like or not. I wish the troops safety.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
ROSSIKE: Just shut up your dumb mouth cos you're as stup.id and ignorant as the rest. Shabby equipment indeed. " every govt sector" indeed. If "every govt sector" in the country is as rotten as you claim, you think you will be able to find common groundnut to eat or soap to wash? Or even be able to sleep safely in your house every night? When fools like you learn to think before opening your rotten mouths to denigrate what you know nothing about, then you can be taken seriously. Rubbish.
ITS U WHO SHOULD SHUT THAT PIT TOILET U CALL A MOUTH IGNORANT WA.NKER. IF URE OKAY WITH THE WAY THINGS R RUN THEN SPEAK 4 URSELF FVCKING BABOON. I VE WATCHED U TRY 2 RUN PPLE DOWN COS THEY DONT AGREE WITH UR FOOLISHNESS NOT 2DAY A'HOLE. ILL SAY WATEVER THE FVCK I WANT GO SIT ON A CACTUS PLANT IF U DONT LIKE IT.

.........GROUNDNUTS NIGGA?
U MUST THINK IM A CHIMPANZEE LIKE U LIVING OFF GROUND NUTS.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by EliteSon: 3:30am On Jan 20, 2013
Nigeria sent two Alpha Jets to strengthen the ECOWAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlQZr-HwVQ
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by koruji(m): 3:40am On Jan 20, 2013
Alpha jets are sub-sonic, and there are no MiGs in use anymore.
The MiGs were retired and replaced with the Chinese made versions of the MiGs a few years ago - these are supersonic jets, but don't compare them with modern jet-fighters.
Still, Nigeria is doing well with the intervention in Mali.

stagger: Most fighter planes including the old-fashioned MiGs and Alpha jets that NAF has are supersonic. So what is the big deal?
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by sucess001(m): 7:44am On Jan 20, 2013
Nigeria has 12 F7s, bought in 2008 to replace its existing MiG.All u need to knw about d F7 is here...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-7

Educate urselves...
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by oge4real(f): 9:31am On Jan 20, 2013
Nigerians are so bitter that they cannot even acknowledge a noble gesture. I know our leaders are flawed but in times like this I am really proud to be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by gst101: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2013
can anyone make a comparism of the gripen and the f-7?
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by andrewza: 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
gst101: can anyone make a comparism of the gripen and the f-7?

What why. They in diffrent leuges.

Gripen is a muilty role 4.5 gen fighter with super cruiser fuctions. It has a grteater abieties in every way buy the cost is much higher.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by LagosBoi2(m): 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
scram:

How you take know say na bread and beans them dey chop for barracks. Abi your papa na service man ni?

yes your papa na him roommate ......btw.....my dad is in Aton cemetary.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by gst101: 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
andrewza:

What why. They in diffrent leuges.

Gripen is a muilty role 4.5 gen fighter with super cruiser fuctions. It has a grteater abieties in every way buy the cost is much higher.
my dear, i was only asking someone to educate me.i think the looks tell the obvious. I like the gripen though. Thanks anyway.

BTW, why did you get so upset/passionate?
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by andrewza: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
gst101: my dear, i was only asking someone to educate me.i think the looks tell the obvious. I like the gripen though. Thanks anyway.

BTW, why did you get so upset/passionate?

That not me being passionate.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali by capttobiaswilco: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2013
THe talk of sending super sonic F7 fighter is unschooled and from untrained arm chair generals and I am sure NAF is more schooled in aerial warfare to do such ridiculus action for the following reasons
- design Con Ops - Air defence - no high profile targets, or aerial threat
- Performance - short loiter time, speed to high to engage mobile small profile bush-war targets, counter insurgency
war
- Ordinace payload - air to ground payload too low to effect significant close air support, which requires mutiple
ordinance capability than single or multiple heavy load.
- Survivability in a low intensity conflict and slow speed air support and SAM S7 active environment would be very
very low due to slow speed handling, no effective CAMPs,- a very frightning high possibility of a SAM Kill, due also
to terrain ( excellent and open line of sight SAM locking and deployment range)
THe alpha jet offers the best asset as available in NAF, but I hope the upgrade includes , armoured bucket cockpit area against AAG, chaff despensers for CAMPs effect, The rebels during the ECOMOG did not have any SAM capability, Mali has shown that MANPADs are available.

The French must not be mistaken ( It's Con Ops was designed for Utility Ops including ground attack and excenllent
slow speed handling due to Large Delta wing config.
Theatre capable aircraft are - SU24 frogfoot, Sepecat Jaguar, RW gun ships(Mi24,Mi35,etc),armed high endurance UAVs and know the South African's new Multi-role home designed combat aircraft, ideal for Bush war ( Con Ops was born in battle0
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/09/27/see-south-africas-new-multi-mission-combat-plane-in-action/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/09/27/see-south-africas-new-multi-mission-combat-plane-in-action

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Men Behind Buhari / Rare Photo Of Amaechi & Yahaya Bello At Zahra Buhari's Wedding / Ibrahim Magu Names Pension Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.