Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? (14451 Views)

PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) / Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen / Pictures Of The Nigerian Police College, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Goddex: 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2013
Punch and Nation lie alot. I'm very disappointed in Punch in particular the way it now lacks standards and integrity.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by AZeD1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
Goddex: Punch and Nation lie alot. I'm very disappointed in Punch in particular the way it now lacks standards and integrity.
How did you come to the conclusion they lied? Mr president visit was a surprise yet the owner of Channels knew about it?
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by chreldb(m): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2013
blink182: I don't care what he said, he had better order the repair of that facility. How can he even say it was a smear campaign? The whole world saw it and drew their conclusions, if he likes, let him say acn sponsored it. We all know the truth and that is the fact that the place is not fit to even rear goats.

GBAM! Going back and forth with the politics what he did or did not say is irrelevant and unnecessary. Fix the damn place up and let everybody shut up! that is what is expected of the government.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Sagamite(m): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
CohenJane:

I felt very sorry when I read your post quoted above. I felt sorry for your innocence. My conclusion is that it is either you are either not residing in this country, you are not a citizen of this country or you have left the country in a long time.

You know what, all those things can never happen in Nigeria, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

I know, I know, I know! grin grin grin grin

Definitely not under this uninspiring cretin called Jonathan!
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by otokx(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
the infrastructural decay in Nigeria is tremendous. Good job by GEJ to visit and see things for himself.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by naptu2: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
I believe he made that statement (I also believe that The Nation's account is the most detailed), but your view of the statement would depend on your interpretation of the statement.

1) How did Channel's Television get footage for its exposé?

Interpretation A: He is angry that something so embarrassing was made public.

Interpretation B: He is angry at the security breach. How could the camera crew film parts of the college without the knowledge of the commandant and the management? It means that the commandant is sleeping on duty.

2) "This is a calculated smear campaign". A calculated smear campaign by whom?

Interpretation a: A calculated smear campaign by Channels Tv/the media/the opposition.

Interpretation b: A calculated smear campaign by the management of the college/members of the police force. If money was budgeted and disbursed, but not used for its intended purpose, then the president might believe that it's because of sabotage.

Anyway, what's important to me is that action should be taken to upgrade the college facilities. I expect to hear an announcement (concrete measures) by monday evening and if I don't hear it, then I'll be very disappointed.

I also want to know the current status of the promised police universities.

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by ITbomb(m): 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2013
maclatunji:

The NYSC Camp in Obubra, Cross River State was worse. It got rehabilitated for the NigerDelta militants under the Amnesty programme. It seems that militants in Nigeria have greater value than graduates.
When was that cos I served there in 2008 and the place was neat . The only down part was that our bathrooms were outside almost half walled but neat.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2013
Some of the comments on here has brought our ignorance and illiteracy to the fore again (Going to school only doesn't make you literate). A TV Station that was on ground to capture GEJ's visit reported things as they were while a newspaper/reporter without any representation at the said visit is reporting something different. Who should we believe? This is where the knowledge we gained from our education comes into play (at least, we should be able to apply some common sense of reasoning). Nigerian youths, reason and stop being lazy in your thoughts!

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 19, 2013
what i know is GEJ has done well.there is no perfect government in the world.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by eledalo: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2013
This visit, his comments, etc do not mean anything.
Even if the college is repaired, will it not rot again? These things do not operate in isolation. If a room for 200 people is fforced to house 2000, therre will be rot and decay. If the place is replastered, new beds bought, painted, etc, it will not stop it from spoiling and in another 2 years we will be back to square 1. Consistent maintenance is the only way to ensure these facilities last for lifetimes and can grow to accomodate more people.
With this pointless visit, and even the lousy comments insulting ''Retardeen'', it is obvious Nigeria has a long way to go before it reaches a level of building and maintaining its facilities and instituions.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Dagods(m): 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2013
Yomieluv It shows the president lacks idea of what good governance should be.
if dis name were 2 be'
YOMIEhate'YOMIEopposition'YOMIErebel'YOMIEitibolibo,it would have bin beta.
Mr Yomiewhatever; pls
summarise gud governance,
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by bejay1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
chreld_b:

GBAM! Going back and forth with the politics what he did or did not say is irrelevant and unnecessary. Fix the damn place up and let everybody shut up! that is what is expected of the government.
that is it
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by maclatunji: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
ITbomb:
When was that cos I served there in 2008 and the place was neat . The only down part was that our bathrooms were outside almost half walled but neat.

I laugh in Chinese, I was there in 2007 with people sleeping in the seminar hall and outdoors because of overcrowding. Did you visit the pit latrines? The food was another matter, don't let me go there.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by nollywood20: 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This report by Punch is most likely false, mischievous, fallacious and ridiculous.

Punch is a WELL KNOWN opposition news media organisation. As I post this comment, I'm watching Channelstv Sunrise programme. One of the presenter (the male) confirmed that he was there live and commended the president for coming, though he said if not for the Channelstv exposee, the president wouldn't have come.

Most importantly, the Channelstv owner, John Momoh, was there live and accompanied Mr president all thru. Mr president couldn't have allowed him to accompany the team if he saw something wrong in what Channelstv had done.

The Channelstv that started all this reported Mr president's visit very well and nothing of such was contained in any of their report. Channelstv has been beating its chest since yesterday for triggering what led to Mr president visiting the police college.

I must also add that if indeed Mr president said those things in the same context as Punch and Nations (another ACN media house) reported, then Mr president erred in my opinion. No effort must be spared at exposing any rot ANYWHERE in the system, provided security of the nation will not be breached. Everyone must be held accountable.

The reality is that there's so much incompetence and nonchallance in the public sector. Most times even the SIMPLEST of things (as little as dusting of ones table or cutting of grass) are left undone because of govt property mentality.

Whatever, is the case, the police college will not remain the same again.
. Impressive resolution. You should be working with Dr. Doyin Okupe.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by nollywood20: 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2013
The Nigerian military barracks are not better. The horrible conditions show the failures of the government and in fact, it is not the business of President Goodluck Jonathan to visit the police college, because a news report showed the mess to the whole world. He should have sent the IGP and the minister to inspect all police colleges and barracks and do their duties. PERIOD. Anyway, this is another opportunity to award billion naira contracts for renovation or building new 21st century police colleges and barracks to replace these horrible ones built before I was born.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Travelexpat: 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
blink182: your reply is so insensitive. So only those in power are entitled to know good govenance.
what post have u ever been? even in primary school.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Symphony007: 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
Some time ago pres. Jonathan commissioned a newly built estate for the military, police and immigration personels. The scale of this estate was so large, camera crews used helicopters to get an ariel view but i realise that this momentus feat was'nt reported by media like channels and others. You won't blame the president for feeling victimized rather apprecaite the fact your president is not alof and a snub. He saw a problem and acted promptly.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sagamite:

The main issue there is not what he said, it is the virtually nothing or incompetence that you are guaranteed he would do afterwards.

Anyone with a brain would do the following as basic:

- Order for the police budget obtained for the training college for at least the last 6 years.
- Call those in charge of the budget to come and explain how the budgetary allocation was utilised.
- If no tally with what is on the ground, suspend/retrench those responsible for the budget.
- Ask for the performance appraisal of those suspended and retrenched.
- Any of their superiors that has appraised them as performing during that period should be suspended or retrenched too.
- Get lawyers to advise on presidential powers and see if you have the powers to probe their private lives.
- If no powers, get your party members to raise a bill to give that power.
- Probe the police officers lives and compare with their salaries, anything over they cannot explain is seized or forfeited.
- Then take them to court and send them to jail.

I can guarantee you that the person you are defending would not do half of that basic. He is way too daft. I came up with that in less than 10 minutes. The person you call President cannot come up with that in 3 years. He is a FOOOOOL!

C'mon...
Jonathan can't do all that. He is a typical Nigerian politician who benefits from the sleaze in public office. Anyone expecting actions like the one you listed above is on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by shiftbutton: 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2013
Calm down calm down, we will look into the rot, we are setting up a high powered committee to look into the matter.

Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by ifihearam: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
I wonder the motive of this op's thread to spite His excellency again abi? What is wrong with the statement for crying loud sake??who gave Channels the permission to record the police collegeand was it GEJ's tenure the decay started?

Are you a learner
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sagamite:

The main issue there is not what he said, it is the virtually nothing or incompetence that you are guaranteed he would do afterwards.

Anyone with a brain would do the following as basic:

- Order for the police budget obtained for the training college for at least the last 6 years.
- Call those in charge of the budget to come and explain how the budgetary allocation was utilised.
- If no tally with what is on the ground, suspend/retrench those responsible for the budget.
- Ask for the performance appraisal of those suspended and retrenched.
- Any of their superiors that has appraised them as performing during that period should be suspended or retrenched too.
- Get lawyers to advise on presidential powers and see if you have the powers to probe their private lives.
- If no powers, get your party members to raise a bill to give that power.
- Probe the police officers lives and compare with their salaries, anything over they cannot explain is seized or forfeited.
- Then take them to court and send them to jail.

I can guarantee you that the person you are defending would not do half of that basic. He is way too daft. I came up with that in less than 10 minutes. The person you call President cannot come up with that in 3 years. He is a FOOOOOL!

Ha ha ha ha. I laughed really hard.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2013
2Legit2Qui:

what is your definition of truth?
Ask ediot..
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 19, 2013
colombiana:
Shut up how many punch news paper u don buy. U even get light for ur house take watch news. Mtcheeew eye service, and u sure say dat ur I beta pass my neigbor gen neva blow ur tv. Pocupine
Ur such a fowl...
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 19, 2013
colombiana:
Ur papa don become president before? Dis one wen u get the full knowledge of good governance
Help me ask d slowpoke..
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 20, 2013
Dis has shown aw irrational most nigerians are. Tribal sentiment has been a major bane to our national devt. How on earth wil a rational being attribute dis to d oppositon wen nothing is really working in dis country? D scene here is a vivid example ov wat our national institutns luk lyk.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 20, 2013
cool
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 20, 2013
Jenams: Now I see our leaders are not really d problem wit dis country! We the citizens are! How come professional Journalists find it difficult to report a 30minutes event accurately? Each wit different version all to confuse and mislead her very own people! Oh nigerian citizens! Why arth thou thy very own enemy?

You meant you just realized that^^^^?? I don sabi tetèè !
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by naptu2: 5:27am On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Sagamite(m): 6:29am On Jan 20, 2013
TouchDown:
C'mon...
Jonathan can't do all that. He is a typical Nigerian politician who benefits from the sleaze in public office. Anyone expecting actions like the one you listed above is on a long thing.

The more sad thing is that if there is a Nigerian politician willing to do this, you will still have some Nigerian fucktards attacking it saying:

- Oh, this is selective justice. Are these the only corrupt people in Nigeria? Or are they the most corrupt?

- President X is only doing this because they are from region. What about Y and Z from his region? This is just victimisation and marginalisation of my region.

Most Nigerians are fucktards!
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Sagamite(m): 6:33am On Jan 20, 2013
Jenams: Now I see our leaders are not really d problem wit dis country! We the citizens are! How come professional Journalists find it difficult to report a 30minutes event accurately? Each wit different version all to confuse and mislead her very own people! Oh nigerian citizens! Why arth thou thy very own enemy?

These are examples of the moronic person quacks you should be blaming:

http://www.punchng.com/news/punch-announces-new-appointments/

Incompetent fucktards!
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 20, 2013
@columbiana,so my father must be a president to know good governance,I won't blame u,ur psyche has been so bastardize by bad leadership that u see some things as normal. My comment was based on report attributed to GEJ regarding it as smear campaign. instead of accepting it as an eyesore to his govt,he's busy throwing mud around. The comment is so demeaning from a president.

U nid a brain transplant.
Re: Your Thoughts On Jonathan's Comment At Police College, Ikeja? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 20, 2013
torhuke:
Help me ask d slowpoke..
u are a f00l,bird of feathers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal / Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters / FG Appoints Pwc As Growth And Employment Project Administrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.