Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? (10483 Views)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / Good Governace In Edo Vs Delta States / What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Matthewgreatman(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2013
centje: Only few niger delta states are making good use of the huge allocation. However not all niger delta states receive the 'huge' allocation. Imo and abia state allocations are no where near those of akwa ibom, rivers and delta states.

Based on my personal observations,akwa ibom,rivers,ondo and to some extent edo state are doing relatively great with their allocations. Abia and delta are the worst-case scenarios.
you no nothing about delta state. Stop jumping into conclusions.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Symphony007: 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
Eze Promoe: Rivers state is being hyped most of the time. Don't mind the name, go to the rural area or outskirts even in the metropolis you'll see bad road. Infact, P.H as a city wasn't built with plan.
i find your comment most offensive as port harcourt is the most purpose built city in nigeria. Now don't confuse things port harcourt metropolis is from borokiri down to azikiwe road. Use google earth and search this area and you'll see a city built by the british where the queen and prince phillip stayed while visiting nigeria after her coronation. I admit the outskirts of port harcourt have building and road problems. Steps are being taken to straighten them out cause unlike lagos, the abnormalities is in it's infancy and can be reversed.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Symphony007: 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2013
thelastPope:

Nice information you have there! Thanks for sharing.
you're most welcome, your holliness!wink
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by SeunPlus(f): 9:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
Symphony007: i find your comment most offensive as port harcourt is the most purpose built city in nigeria. Now don't confuse things port harcourt metropolis is from borokiri down to azikiwe road. Use google earth and search this area and you'll see a city built by the british where the queen and prince phillip stayed while visiting nigeria after her coronation. I admit the outskirts of port harcourt have building and road problems. Steps are being taken to straighten them out cause unlike lagos, the abnormalities is in it's infancy and can be reversed.
He is actually saying the truth, Port Harcourt has poor number of road networks which makes the major roads congested. PH is growing rapidly and if this isn't corrected on time, P.H will be worse than the Oshodi of old.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Tmany(m): 10:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
Can you guys stop calling Edo state the governor just worked for first tenure and went to sleep for the second tenure.
Public bus and renovation of schools.
That a working governor.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Abagworo(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
All those praising Akpabio for mere construction and painting of roads in 6 years of monthly 16billion Naira are rather myopic. When Queen visited Nigeria in the 80s or so, she called Nigeria a developed country because Nigeria invested its oil boom revenue on roads and visible infrastructure without laying good foundation for education, health, agriculture and technology. Today all those roads that were painted by Julius berger are now death traps. The only major achievement I'll see in Akwa-Ibom is the Ibaka port scheme if it materializes. Amaechi has done well in Rivers by focusing on health,youth re-orientation, agriculture and education. The roads being constructed in Rivers are necessary because there are vehicles and people to ply them quite unlike Akwa-Ibom that is for decoration. Amaechi is also constructing monorail for decoration.

I don't really count Imo, Abia, Ondo, Edo as major oil producing because they all get less than 800million from derivation while Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta and Akwa-Ibom get 8 to 15billion. These 4 richest States IMHO are the worst performing States in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Asemo11(m): 11:07pm On Jan 19, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I thought you are Niger Deltan or is Delta state not Niger Delta again. You are a fraud.

@topic
I believe the monies are shared in one way or the other with the people with the politicians pocketing the lion share.I used to stay in PH and there almost everybody depends on funds coming from govt house in form or the other especially during odili's time! Ikwerre people are particularly lazy and only interested in sharing money and exchanging lands.
that true same goes 2 the epie people in bayelsa the problem of niger delta states mostly the ijaws is lack of exposure and illitrace
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Asemo11(m): 11:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
centje: Only few niger delta states are making good use of the huge allocation. However not all niger delta states receive the 'huge' allocation. Imo and abia state allocations are no where near those of akwa ibom, rivers and delta states.

Based on my personal observations,akwa ibom,rivers,ondo and to some extent edo state are doing relatively great with their allocations. Abia and delta are the worst-case scenarios.
and my state bayelsa
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by asha80(m): 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
Asemo11: that true same goes 2 the epie people in bayelsa the problem of niger delta states mostly the ijaws is lack of exposure and illitrace

no let ijaw guys catch you for this statement.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by BabaTony: 5:49am On Jan 20, 2013
Abagworo: All those praising Akpabio for mere construction and painting of roads in 6 years of monthly 16billion Naira are rather myopic. When Queen visited Nigeria in the 80s or so, she called Nigeria a developed country because Nigeria invested its oil boom revenue on roads and visible infrastructure without laying good foundation for education, health, agriculture and technology. Today all those roads that were painted by Julius berger are now death traps. The only major achievement I'll see in Akwa-Ibom is the Ibaka port scheme if it materializes. Amaechi has done well in Rivers by focusing on health,youth re-orientation, agriculture and education. The roads being constructed in Rivers are necessary because there are vehicles and people to ply them quite unlike Akwa-Ibom that is for decoration. Amaechi is also constructing monorail for decoration.

I don't really count Imo, Abia, Ondo, Edo as major oil producing because they all get less than 800million from derivation while Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta and Akwa-Ibom get 8 to 15billion. These 4 richest States IMHO are the worst performing States in Nigeria.

Mr man please can you stop talking trash, how much is rivers state collecting plus its igr.how dare you compare akpabio with with that failure called amaechi. PH used to be a garden city but today its a complete slum no thanks to amaechi. Anyone travelling from ph to aks will immediately see the difference. Amaechi is a failure my dear. Rivers state should be currently thinking of replacing him fast.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 6:26am On Jan 20, 2013
They are all money pits and leaking baskets governed by clueless and vision less governors. It doesn't matter how much you have at your disposal, it's mot going to get you anywhere without vision, knowledge, exposure and personal sophistication.

River's state budget for 2012 = N427 Billion

Population = 5 million

Lagos state's budget for 2012 = N485 Billion

Population = 20 million

Rivers state budget for 2013 = N490 Billion

Population = 5 million

Lagos state budget for 2013 = of N49 Billion

Population = 20 million.

Now, can we balance the figures above with service delivery and visionary projects and infrastructures even with all the side financial interventions with NDDC and others..

Yet, people make noise about Lagos state and oil money oil money just to distract themselves from obvious realities.

These oil states are all money pits and leaking baskets governed by clueless and vision less governors. It doesn't matter how much you have at your disposal, it's not going to get you anywhere without vision, knowledge, exposure and personal sophistication. Their budgets pays for private jets and tons of money for maintenance and other frivolous spending..
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Ngwakwe: 6:45am On Jan 20, 2013
Where did you get this fictitious, incoherent census data?

I know Lagos State prints Vehicle Number Plates, but today am convinced that she has started printing and manipulating census data sheet in her favour

Eko Ile:

Population = 5 million

Lagos state budget for 2013 = of N490 Billion

Population = 20 million.

1 Like

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 6:52am On Jan 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: Where did you get this fictitious, incoherent census data?

I know Lagos State prints Vehicle Number Plates, but today am convinced that she has started printing and manipulating census data sheet in her favour

We can go back n forth and debate census figures till 2099, but I don't have that kind of time to debate pointlessly and senselessly.

If you really want to argue, tell me both states have the same population figures and the budgets are not similar.

Most importantly and population or no population, what I need you to do is list what what the people of Rivers are getting for all the huge budgets year after year.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by GARRIx7(m): 6:57am On Jan 20, 2013
Iolo:

I wonder why your tying GEJ into the scenario. Is he the one to tell the Governors how to spend their monies? If he unduly interferes its still some people that would say he's interfering.

The ND has experienced really bad leadership since time immemorial. Esp Delta and Bayelsa states. Their Governors must be pressured to start doing more by the populace.

1. GEJ was Deputy Governor and later Governor of Bayelsa state. During his tenure he achieved NOTHING, just like the present crop of leaders in the ND.

2. The non-performers in the ND were endorsed by GEJ (T.A. Orji, Uduaghan, Sylva etc)

3. GEJ is a key figure in the PDP and most of the ND states are controlled by the PDP.

4. GEJ has showed a bad example at the federal level. This bad example is being copied by some of the ND governors...
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Aderostock(m): 7:02am On Jan 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: Where did you get this fictitious, incoherent census data?

We can't really say the exact population of any state in Nigeria but its obvious Lagos is over four times bigger than Rivers state.

As far as am concern, Fashola is the undisputedly best leader from the crops of leaders we have in Nigeria today.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 20, 2013
Eko Ile: They are all money pits and leaking baskets governed by clueless and vision less governors. It doesn't matter how much you have at your disposal, it's mot going to get you anywhere without vision, knowledge, exposure and personal sophistication.

River's state budget for 2012 = N427 Billion

Population = 5 million

Lagos state's budget for 2012 = N485 Billion

Population = 20 million

Population = 5 million

Lagos state budget for 2013 = of N49 Billion

Population = 20 million.

Now, can we balance the figures above with service delivery and visionary projects and infrastructures even with all the side financial interventions with NDDC and others..

Yet, people make noise about Lagos state and oil money oil money just to distract themselves from obvious realities.

These oil states are all money pits and leaking baskets governed by clueless and vision less governors. It doesn't matter how much you have at your disposal, it's not going to get you anywhere without vision, knowledge, exposure and personal sophistication. Their budgets pays for private jets and tons of money for maintenance and other frivolous spending..

Is fashola providing any sort of social security for the 20 million lagosians? If yes, what are they? If no, then why do keep on posting population figures when they don't mean anything.

1 Like

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 7:16am On Jan 20, 2013
J12:

Is fashola providing any sort of social security for the 20 million lagosians? If yes, what are they? If no, then why do keep on posting population figures when they don't mean anything.

Sorry to say, you sound very lame and inept and I don't even think you know the meaning of the rubbish you posted.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Ngwakwe: 7:16am On Jan 20, 2013
By the last census figure conducted by Obasanjo's government:

Lagos State is 6million plus while
River State is 5million plus.

You are now telling us that Lagos has grown to 24million (River State Population * 4) and River State is stagnant.

Sorry, your assumption is wrong.

Aderostock:
We can't really say the exact population of any state in Nigeria but its obvious Lagos is over four times bigger than Rivers state.

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 7:28am On Jan 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: By the last census figure conducted by Obasanjo's government:

You are now telling us that Lagos has grown to 24million (River State Population * 4) and River State is stagnant.

That's a lie, the 2006 census number for Lagos state is 9+ million which truly is twice more than that, but let's stick to 9 million.

Now

Rivers 5 million

Lagos 9 million

The topic here is what the delta states have achieved so far. So based on the fact that Lagos has (For the sake of argument) 9 million and Rivers 5 million

I'll ask you again, list what the 5 million people of rivers state are getting for the huge budget. The budget for 2013 is half a trillion and there is nothing on their drawing board to consume that huge number for just 5 million people.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by talktimi(m): 7:31am On Jan 20, 2013
GARRI (x7):

1. GEJ was Deputy Governor and later Governor of Bayelsa state. During his tenure he achieved NOTHING, just like the present crop of leaders in the ND.

2. The non-performers in the ND were endorsed by GEJ (T.A. Orji, Uduaghan, Sylva etc)

3. GEJ is a key figure in the PDP and most of the ND states are controlled by the PDP.

4. GEJ has showed a bad example at the federal level. This bad example is being copied by some of the ND governors...
mr garri, have you ever been to bayelsa state or whr you in bayelsa state when GEJ was deputy governor/governor ? In the 36 states of Nigeria have you ever heard commendations for infrastructural developments being ascribed to deputy governors instead of governors except maybe in their lg's or villages ? How long did GEJ stay as governor of bayelsa state before he was called by OBJ to become the late Yar'Adua's running mate ? Do not let your seething hatred for GEJ derail you from giving objective and empirical analyses/arguments on this topic. Its up to you to honestly answer the questions I posed if you like but it would be a pity for someone as intelligent as you are to be amongst the bandwagon of those who sit in their living room all day spewing what they absolutely know nothing about.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by talktimi(m): 7:37am On Jan 20, 2013
Eko Ile:

That's a lie, the 2006 census number for Lagos state is 9+ million which truly is twice more than that, but let's stick to 9 million.

Now

Rivers 5 million

Lagos 9 million

The topic here is what the delta states have achieved so far. So based on the fact that Lagos has (For the sake of argument) 9 million and Rivers 5 million

I'll ask you again, list what the 5 million people of rivers state are getting for the huge budget. The budget for 2013 is half a trillion and there is nothing on their drawing board to consume that huge number for just 5 million people.

nothing on the drawing board, are you serious ? And when did you have access to the very empty drawing board ? Mr Eko Ile I know you hate Jonathan, the niger delta governors and also by extension the people of the niger delta but pls concentrate on the lagos govt you know about and work for instead of making ridiculous claims here. Have you even been to Rivers state before sef ?
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 20, 2013
Eko Ile:

Sorry to say, you sound very lame and inept and I don't even thin you know the meaning of the rubbish you posted.

You are a foool. You keep on emphasizing on the population of Lagos state as if Fashola feeds 20 million people daily. Get outta here abeg.

1 Like

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 7:39am On Jan 20, 2013
talktimi: mr garri, have you ever been to bayelsa state or whr you in bayelsa state when GEJ was deputy governor/governor ? In the 36 states of Nigeria have you ever heard commendations for infrastructural developments being ascribed to deputy governors instead of governors except maybe in their lg's or villages ? How long did GEJ stay as governor of bayelsa state before he was called by OBJ to become the late Yar'Adua's running mate ? Do not let your seething hatred for GEJ derail you from giving objective and empirical analyses/arguments on this topic. Its up to you to honestly answer the questions I posed if you like but it would be a pity for someone as intelligent as you are to be amongst the bandwagon of those who sit in their living room all day spewing what they absolutely know nothing about.

This is how people make excuse for GEJ. The man's was a deputy governor, a governor, a vice resident and the current president, yet you can not point to one thing the man has achieved in any of these capacities and what present and future vision of his do we have on the table? You are basically indicting him with your argument and making GARRI's point for him.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Aderostock(m): 7:45am On Jan 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: By the last census figure conducted by Obasanjo's government:

Do you remember during that time, Lagos Government were also carrying out her state census which was over 15 million yet not accurate cos they believed the Federal government will be unreliable and biased
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 7:47am On Jan 20, 2013
talktimi: nothing on the drawing board, are you serious ? And when did you have access to the very empty drawing board ? Mr Eko Ile I know you hate Jonathan, the niger delta governors and also by extension the people of the niger delta but pls concentrate on the lagos govt you know about and work for instead of making ridiculous claims here. Have you even been to Rivers state before sef ?

Only incompetent, irresponsible and vision less leaders work without goals and ideas to better their people. When leaders get sworn into office, they lay our their goals, their vision and the positive achievements they hope to pass on to the next generation. This is their guiding stick and daily wake up call.

Now, as expected, it's nothing but silly excuses and diversions. I just need you to list out what the people of rivers are getting got almost half a trillion Naira yearly budget for just 5 million people.

Please make sure you do that when you come back with your reply.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2013
Aderostock:
Do you remember during that time, Lagos Government were also carrying out her state census which was over 15 million yet not accurate cos they believed the Federal government will be unreliable and biased

He ignored that for obvious reasons. Now he's telling us Lagos state and Rivers have the same population. I can't even take him seriously?
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Aderostock(m): 7:51am On Jan 20, 2013
J12:

You are a foool. You keep on emphasizing on the population of Lagos state as if Fashola feeds 20 million people daily. Get outta here abeg.
Fashola doesn't have to feed the entire population but they all over stretch the infrastructures available suchas roads, hospitals, schools, markets, libraries etc by the results made the LASG have much disciplinary taskforce
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 7:53am On Jan 20, 2013
J12:

Only reta.rds comes up with rubbish like population doesn't matter when it comes to budget.

I repeat, your comment was retar,ded and ignorant and you can kill yourself if you don't like it for all I care.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 7:54am On Jan 20, 2013
Aderostock:
Fashola doesn't have to feed the entire population but they all over stretch the infrastructures available suchas roads, hospitals, schools, markets, libraries etc by the results made the LASG have much disciplinary taskforce

Sometimes I wonder if some of them saw the 4 corner walls of any elementary school.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by GARRIx7(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2013
talktimi: mr garri, have you ever been to bayelsa state or whr you in bayelsa state when GEJ was deputy governor/governor?
I expect you to explain or present facts of his achievements as Deputy Governor

In the 36 states of Nigeria have you ever heard commendations for infrastructural developments being ascribed to deputy governors instead of governors except maybe in their lg's or villages?
he was part β€Žβ€‹Ξ†nd parcel of Alams thieving regime, so he's not guilt-free

How long did GEJ stay as governor of bayelsa state before he was called by OBJ to become the late Yar'Adua's running mate?
A year and half. About 18 months of doing nothing!! Which uncompleted project did he complete and commissi0n or which project did he start during the period??

Do not let your seething hatred for GEJ derail you from giving objective and empirical analyses/arguments on this topic.
I don't hate him personally. He's a nice person actually. But when it comes to governance he's just a chap who was promoted to a position far above his intellectual, mental and emotional capacity.

Its up to you to honestly answer the questions I posed if you like
OK

[s]but it would be a pity for someone as intelligent as you are to be amongst the bandwagon of those who sit in their living room all day spewing what they absolutely know nothing about[/s]
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2013
Rivers state is broke – Amaechi

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/07/rivers-state-is-no-longer-oil-rich-amaechi/

Yet, the budget increased from 458billion in 2012 to 490billion in 2013.

Btw, broke or not, he still acquired his jet. fcukk the people.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 20, 2013
Aderostock:

I don't understand what you're saying. Do you mean that fashola spends a huge chunk of his budget on this taskforce?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Borno: Councilor Disappears With 300 Bags Of Rice From Idps Camp / Fajana Ojo-Ade Suspended For 101 Days From Ekiti House Of Assembly / See The Face-me I Face-you Ajumobi Apartment Sahara Reporters Called Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.