Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? (10485 Views)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / Good Governace In Edo Vs Delta States / What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Does Anambra have any link to the ocean?

It is not about the ocean, but about river niger. If you studied geography in sec sch, you will know that a delta is an oulet for a river usually through which a river discharges into the sea or ocean.

This is why lagos is not an ND state. The term niger-delta is all about the discharge 'bodies' of river niger. Google it, delta.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
Naval sadiq: During my service year in the oil rich region i hav no choice than to come to the conclusion that they have not achive anything because they are consumed by greed.i mean very greey pipo.the best they hav got to offer is alcohol.

So there is no greed in your place? The problem with ND is the same problem with every part of this country. It is every where in nigeria. Ask yourself, whether your own state gov is using his state allocation judiciously?

You can ctriticize the leaders in ND but don't insult the ordinary people of ND.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Malawian(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayolodo, anambra has link to the ocean through the river niger. while we are at it, look at edo state properly.
dayokanu:

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Malawian(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayolodo, does imo and abia have link to the ocean?
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Malawian(m): 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
is it me, or does rivers state border anambra state in that map? a fukwa mu otu.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Malawian(m): 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayolodo, why is las gidi not in the niger delta, since criteria is having ocean link? obj bad belle no go let am die in peace.
dayokanu:

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by thelastPope(m): 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
mu2sa2: Niger deltans hav for long been deceived by their own leaders. While the shameless leaders stash away billions of naira, thye hoodwink their people with resource control balderdash. Tell me, if they are given all the revenue accruing from oil, is it not the same corrupt, criminal leaders that will divert the money to their private bank accounts. These criminals see the terrible poverty in the niger delta, yet they still continue to steal all the billions allocated monthly to the states and lgs. God punish the wicked. Take Bayelsa, all its governors from 1999 to date should be held accountable for its underdevelopment. Everyone of them and in the case of Gej including his wife, who was indicted by EFFC for laundering 100 million naira (on the verge of being charged then her husband became VP and silence followed).

People like you make the debate uninteresting with your stup1d comments. You know why I bolded the above? Because it is stup1d talk. All your northern rulers from Gowon to Buhari to Abacha are responsible for its underdevelopment, not governors from 1999. But that does not excuse any governor from performing. Contrary to what some of you spew here on NL, the underdevelopment of the present day Nigeria was not created by the current set of leaders(I mean the younger generation of leaders like most currently serving governors). What they are really guilty of is not doing enough or not doing anything at all, to take us out of it. The people of Niger Delta know that and that is why they give their leaders some slack sometimes
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Symphony007: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2013
Rivers state is the only country in nigeria that prosecute parents who don't send their kids to school. Schools in rivers state provide bags, uniforms, books, sandals and even lunch to students. Their are state of the art health centres in every part of the state. The rssda scholarship is the largest overseas scholarship scheme in nigeria. Rssda also encourages small scale buisness. The rivers state government is the largest investor in fishery. Bonny island is the only place in nigeria that enjoys uninterrupted power supply and rivers state has enough power to feed the state, it's just waiting for federal permission to supply. The list is endless.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by thelastPope(m): 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2013
Iolo:

I wonder why your tying GEJ into the scenario. Is he the one to tell the Governors how to spend their monies? If he unduly interferes its still some people that would say he's interfering.

The ND has experienced really bad leadership since time immemorial. Esp Delta and Bayelsa states. Their Governors must be pressured to start doing more by the populace.

He is incapable of making any point or pushing an argument without insulting GEJ. It is a mental deficiency really!
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2013
The big allocation you talk of nothing more than the governors pocket money, he spends it as he wishes after paying salaries a month late in the case of delta state primary and secondary schools.

1 Like

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by thelastPope(m): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2013
Symphony007: Rivers state is the only country in nigeria that prosecute parents who don't send their kids to school. Schools in rivers state provide bags, uniforms, books, sandals and even lunch to students. Their are state of the art health centres in every part of the state. The rssda scholarship is the largest overseas scholarship scheme in nigeria. Rssda also encourages small scale buisness. The rivers state government is the largest investor in fishery. Bonny island is the only place in nigeria that enjoys uninterrupted power supply and rivers state has enough power to feed the state, it's just waiting for federal permission to supply. The list is endless.

Nice information you have there! Thanks for sharing.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
Malawian: dayolodo, anambra has link to the ocean through the river niger. while we are at it, look at edo state properly.

Niger state , Kebbi state, Kogi state should also be Niger Delta states because they have links to the ocean through River Niger MUMU

Edo is a South South state not a Niger Delta state
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
jusRadical:

It is not about the ocean, but about river niger. If you studied geography in sec sch, you will know that a delta is an oulet for a river usually through which a river discharges into the sea or ocean.

This is why lagos is not an ND state. The term niger-delta is all about the discharge 'bodies' of river niger. Google it, delta.

Its called NIGER delta

Where the River NIGER empties into the ocean thereby forming a Delta

What does Lagos have to do with River Niger?
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2013
Symphony007: Rivers state is the only country in nigeria that prosecute parents who don't send their kids to school. Schools in rivers state provide bags, uniforms, books, sandals and even lunch to students. Their are state of the art health centres in every part of the state. The rssda scholarship is the largest overseas scholarship scheme in nigeria. Rssda also encourages small scale buisness. The rivers state government is the largest investor in fishery. Bonny island is the only place in nigeria that enjoys uninterrupted power supply and rivers state has enough power to feed the state, it's just waiting for federal permission to supply. The list is endless.

But of late, nothing is going on in Rivers in the area of infracstructural development. I will score Amechi 5% in road construction. The monorail project is useless.

For GOD's sake why is nothing happening in Rivers in the area of road (re)construction presently? The state is presently standing still. Amechi must be snoring now. Most roads are bad with traffic jam every where. Go to okporo rd and you will weep. That road when completed will not survive this rainny season unless the old one is scrapped to a good depth and corrected.

I heard that the civil servants were not paid in december. Only Akpabio is trying presently.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Its called NIGER delta

Where the River NIGER empties into the ocean thereby forming a Delta

What does Lagos have to do with River Niger?

Nothing. I made the explanation based on your asking of Anambra and ocean. You are right in the above.

The issue is not about ocean but about river niger and its delta.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by pokur: 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2013
Malawian: is it me, or does rivers state border anambra state in that map? a fukwa mu otu.
Actually,Anambra does border Rivers state.The border is minute,I admit but I didn't actually believe it until an Ekiti friend supplied some maps from the NBC showing that.Used to think that area was all Imo
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Malawian(m): 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2013
mumu. the map in question, is it that of niger delta or that of south south? if it is niger delta, what is ondo doing there and not anambra? if it is south south, what is ondo doing there? if it is oil producing states, why is anambra not there? like i said, obj bad belle no let am die in peace. oya recite the oyomesi line give am. the people reject him, the earth reject him, the gods reject him. like cain, he has been wandering all over the world looking for relevance. i dey laugh !!!
dayokanu:

Niger state , Kebbi state, Kogi state should also be Niger Delta states because they have links to the ocean through River Niger MUMU

Edo is a South South state not a Niger Delta state

1 Like

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Kuic: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
Majority of the states havnt done anything except Akwa-Ibom,Edo,Imo and Ondo.the others are just useless.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Malawian(m): 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
dayokanu, no answer? is ondo state anywhere near the river niger?
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by superbloke(m): 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2013
slim fit :

Akpabio needs to move to the area of job creation that is very necessary so that the population of Lagos can reduce.

Yes, he does need to do that, but it won't necessarily affect the population of lagos. What it will do is empower the already resident youths of akwa ibom, and also attract people from neighbouring states. The population of Nigeria is ever increasing and there will be no decline in the forseeable future.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by talktimi(m): 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
Ok let's end the insults here and focus on the topic. There's a difference between the niger delta region and oil producing states many of which are not in the niger delta. The fact a state has oil amongst its natural resources doesn't mean its part of the niger delta so I propose a scraping of the nddc and the formation of an oil producing states commision.
So please everybody sheathe your swords and let's enjoy this argument responsibly. cool
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by superbloke(m): 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
slim fit :

Akpabio needs to move to the area of job creation that is very necessary so that the population of Lagos can reduce.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
Kuic: Majority of the states havnt done anything except Akwa-Ibom,Edo,Imo and Ondo.the others are just useless.

Kuic, Rochas is doing SUBSTANDARD ROAD WORK. Most of the road being constructed presently in Imo State WILL NOT, I REPEAT, WILL NOT LAST UP TO 2 YEARS.

1 Like

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2013
talktimi: Ok let's end the insults here and focus on the topic. There's a difference between the niger delta region and oil producing states many of which are not in the niger delta. The fact a state has oil amongst its natural resources doesn't mean its part of the niger delta so I propose a scraping of the nddc and the formation of an oil producing states commision.
So please everybody sheathe your swords and let's enjoy this argument responsibly. cool

Good and gbam
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
superbloke:

Yes, he does need to do that, but it won't necessarily affect the population of lagos. What it will do is empower the already resident youths of akwa ibom, and also attract people from neighbouring states. The population of Nigeria is ever increasing and there will be no decline in the forseeable future.

Correct!
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by superbloke(m): 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2013
talktimi: Ok let's end the insults here and focus on the topic. There's a difference between the niger delta region and oil producing states many of which are not in the niger delta. The fact a state has oil amongst its natural resources doesn't mean its part of the niger delta so I propose a scraping of the nddc and the formation of an oil producing states commision.
Well said cool
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by TheEnforcer: 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Considering the gargatuan amount they receiv,absolutely nothing
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by badassnigga(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2013
they av achieved a lot...just go ask head master for Delta states ...isn't embezzling money enough achievement? cool
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EzePromoe: 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2013
Rivers state is being hyped most of the time. Don't mind the name, go to the rural area or outskirts even in the metropolis you'll see bad road. Infact, P.H as a city wasn't built with plan.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by ray502(m): 7:56pm On Jan 19, 2013
odumchi:

Godbless u jare...
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Symphony007: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
jusRadical:

But of late, nothing is going on in Rivers in the area of infracstructural development. I will score Amechi 5% in road construction. The monorail project is useless.

For GOD's sake why is nothing happening in Rivers in the area of road (re)construction presently? The state is presently standing still. Amechi must be snoring now. Most roads are bad with traffic jam every where. Go to okporo rd and you will weep. That road when completed will not survive this rainny season unless the old one is scrapped to a good depth and corrected.

I heard that the civil servants were not paid in december. Only Akpabio is trying presently.
you're right on the road construction front. Since ameachi was made chairman of the governours forum, he has been alof and out of touch with the state in some mediums. But i'm really proud of the roads he has done and the once currently under construction. As for the monorail, i always knew it would fail so i never belived in it. In summary i really do belive ameachi's position as governours forum chairman has really shifted his attention from his primary duty as rivers state governour.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by phadat(m): 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2013
What they have is a bunch of leaders without vision hence no achievement the are clueless abt governance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Did Buhari Arrest Ojukwu? / No Plans To Retire Those With 30 Years Experience: FG / NNPC: $25bn Secret Oil Deals And Buhari’s Dissonant Lying Game - Ifeanyi Izeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.