Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? (10486 Views)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / Good Governace In Edo Vs Delta States / What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by goldenbrown: 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
If a Governor decides to paint all the houses in his state in his eight years leadership, we Nigerians would applaud him and say "you have done well. Carry go". We are carried away with designs nd decorations rather than development. Such Governors would end up transferring a zero percent development to his successor who would suffer the pain. This is what Nigeria Governors find themseleves in.the former and the later.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2013
Malawian: so what is fashola providing to the people of lagos? btw, i live in lagos myself.

If you don't know what he is providing by now in 2013 and with what we've littered all over NL, then you really need to get out of Lagos, not that you really are a Lagosian to start with anyways.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
ba7man: This statement of yours proves that you don't live in Lagos or you've never being to Lagos. How can you compare the two in terms of population?? Have you ever experienced a human traffic-jam in a street where everyone is locked up shoulder to shoulder and can't move in Rivers?? I have on Dosemu strt on Lagos Island. Rivers, regardless of their growth rate will need up to 20 years to be comparable to lagos in terms of population density. BTW, i escaped the human traffic jam by climbing the back of a truck.

I honestly believe they just type and post because they have access to the internet and not because they care about logic and making sense..

And they get upset when we label them ignorant...
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
goldenbrown: U escaped the traffic by climbing the back of a truck and yet u peoples say the Govt has done well. Everyone is locked up shoulder to shoulder and you say this is a Govt that has done well for his people. Is that not a shame?. I still wonder y u guys compare Lag to PH. Lagos has been a federal capital for years and to PH: no nono no. Lagos was developed by the entire country just d way ABJ is been done. Let me not try to ponder on this Lagos Rivers issue. We should be thinking of how to develop other rural areas nd diconjest these cities. If your village is developed like Lag or Abj, will u think of leaving your village?. Let the population of d nation b evenly distributed. Everybody to your village....

You mean the official population of Lagos is really not 9 million, but 160 million and all the 160 million paid taxes that is building the metro rail system in Lagos, they sent money to Australia to buy 50 new 200 capacity each ferry boats, they paid taxes to the Lagos state government to build roads, to build Ikoyi link bridge which is the must modern bridge in West Africa that no other government in Nigeria is ever going to come close to visioning, you mean they fund taxes that built schools and hospitals, 17 skills acquisition centers, 15 water works, New 10 lane badagry express way which remains first of it's kind in West Africa, jetties and terminals, they also help Lagos state pay 3 billion naira in pensions to pensioners last week, they also help Lagos pay the second largest civil salary in Nigeria, they help pay for utilities, buy state cars put petrol in the state's cars, pay for office sullies on and on and on.

Yes, I see 160 million people sending money to the Lagos state government everyday to fund projects. Look here, I know many of you are very confused especially with the FG develop Lagos nonsense. They came and saw an already developed place and decided to make it their capital, they did not do anything special when Lagos was their capital and like I've dared many of you, tell us what exactly they did to develop Lagos. The industrial estates that's responsible for Nigeria's industrial output was not built buy the FG, it was built the government of the western region before Nigeria or any federal government.

Abeg kill the noise.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by EkoIle1: 11:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
J12:

Lagos is not the only state with a High population growth rate. I doubt if the growth rate in Lagos is higher than that of Rivers state.

All properties belonging to the FG are repaired and taken care of by the FG not the LASG.

You people make it so hard to take you seriously, sometimes I don't even know if you guys are really lazy in the head or just clueless and must display the cluelessness..

It is even comical to say the FG is maintaining their broken down properties in Lagos especially when they still owe the Lagos state government 50 billon for taking care of the responsibilities that they are too dumb and incompetent to take care of. Was it not after Fashola tongue lash them in public before they send their frsc with shovel and wheelbarrow to patch patch the road the idiots are supposed to really scrape off and rebuild from scratch.

Birds of the same feather...
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by BabaTony: 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
goldenbrown: U guys are making music out of the name "Akpabio". What has he done in the area of youth empowerment? In the educational sector what can u say of him?. Health, Power,job opportunities, how far? He only focused on road construction in his sparsely populated state capital. How far his rural areas? The rural areas in Akwa Ibom is not worth writing about compare to the lousy name of the Govt who over the years has been sustaining on 80 Oil wells looted from Rivers state. If not for the crazy Amaechi who has been destined to win every court case. Thank God he has shifted his oil well looting to his Cross River brothers thereby improverishing them. Yet His people are crying "Akpabio Give Us Work! No be road we want shop" I reckon all those lauding the appraisal of Akpabio are not Akwa Ibomites. They are those who see things through the eyes of another and also hear through the ears of another. If Akpabio has done well, he shouldn't be scared to stay in his Govt House. Y has he been running. Incase you don't know, Akpabio is one of the major element misleading Jonathan since ND Governors are gradually deserting him cos of his Snail Administration

Are you high on some cheap weed or something? Abeg if you no get wetin to write waka comot for here!
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by talktimi(m): 12:32am On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=GARRI (x7)][/quote]
- is it the job of the deputy governor to award contracts ?
- all contracts in bayelsa state went through the table of ex governor alamieseigha and NEVER through goodluck's table. Alams & his cousin Abel Ebifemowei where the only powerful men in bayelsa state and contract awards gravitated between the two.
- a year and half in office saw the linking of inner city roads across bayelsa state, GEJ started ;
- the Okaka estate
- the new yenagoa gateway road
- the bayelsa state secretariat annex
- designed and planned the residential estate along Isaac Boro exp rd
- started the construction of the tower hotel in yenagoa
- fast tracked the development and construction of infrastructure in the niger delta university
- started the construction of a general hospital now teaching hospital in Otuoke/Ogbia lga etc
Bear in mind he practically had to start from scratch since yenagoa the capital was nothing to write home about.
Its quite unfortunate that you derive pleasure in insulting such a "nice guy" and I'm also not an advocate for anybody but when you're in an argument, its advisable to state facts and not sentiments. Thank you
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by GARRIx7(m): 1:13am On Jan 21, 2013
talktimi:
GEJ started ;
- the Okaka estate
Uncompleted

- the new yenagoa gateway road
Uncompleted

- the bayelsa state secretariat annex
Uncompleted

- designed and planned the residential estate along Isaac Boro exp rd
Uncompleted

- started the construction of the tower hotel in yenagoa
Uncompleted

- fast tracked the development and construction of infrastructure in the niger delta university
Story! Story!

- started the construction of a general hospital now teaching hospital in Otuoke/Ogbia lga etc
Uncompleted

[s]Bear in mind he practically had to start from scratch since yenagoa the capital was nothing to write home about.
Its quite unfortunate that you derive pleasure in insulting such a "nice guy" and I'm also not an advocate for anybody but when you're in an argument, its advisable to state facts and not sentiments. Thank you[/s]

So he didn't commission a single project when he was a governor!!!

What a shame!!!

And most of the projects you claim he started were actually started by Alams...
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by ba7man(m): 4:37am On Jan 21, 2013
goldenbrown: U escaped the traffic by climbing the back of a truck and yet u peoples say the Govt has done well. Everyone is locked up shoulder to shoulder and you say this is a Govt that has done well for his people. Is that not a shame?. I still wonder y u guys compare Lag to PH. Lagos has been a federal capital for years and to PH: no nono no. Lagos was developed by the entire country just d way ABJ is been done. Let me not try to ponder on this Lagos Rivers issue. We should be thinking of how to develop other rural areas nd diconjest these cities. If your village is developed like Lag or Abj, will u think of leaving your village?. Let the population of d nation b evenly distributed. Everybody to your village
This happened to me in the 90's, silly. Fashola has cleared those illegal traders that block roads and cause those types of human traffic. So yeah, he's done well. Stop comparing PH and Lagos, wasn't even talking about development, we were talking bout population growth and density with its negative effects on a State's budget.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by BabaTony: 5:48am On Jan 21, 2013
goldenbrown: young man I'm ashamed of you becos u will be shot or barnish just like the visionless Minister of Niger Delta Affairs who is a fraudster. I can see your statement was culled from the statement he made yesterday. Clap your hand cos u are a sharp guy. I don't think u know where PH is relocated on the map of Nigeria. What has Akpabio done if not for roads. His people are crying for employment and you are here praising him. Have u been to Akwa before. What has he done to reform the education sector. All villages and hamlets in Rivers state has a modern sch with facilities and teachers. Modern second schs which are bigger and equiped than many of the universities in Nigeria. Over 300 students are sent to the best universities in the world under Amaechi's govt. More local manufacturing industries developed and foreign investors trouping into the state for establishment. And here u are comparing Akpabio with Amaechi who has a better plan for his people and had pleaded to take over the construction of East West Rd which is a major challenge in the region. Is that not enough for accoutability. What has the minister of ND affairs done with the huge ammount of money allocated to him ever since he assumed office. Godday Oruebebe is a failure and I reckon you are one of his couterparts who has better share of not being a winner.

Who is talking about oruebebe here. I am comparing amaechi and akpabio. Wetin bring oruebebe for the matter now. Abeg if you are so clueless and lack what to write get to the nearest transformer and hug it. For your information I am a full fledged akwa ibomite. I have lived both in akwa ibom and rivers state. Don't you ever compare what akpabio has done for akwa ibom and what amaechi is doing for rivers. The whole world knows and acknowlwdges how akwa ibom today has been transformed and you are here mentioning a failure Amaechi. Ph today is a slum despite all the oil companies there. Akwa ibom today is receiving massive investment that is making the state a destination of choice. The quality of infrastructure in akwa ibom that will drive the economy in the near future can only be in the dreams of you and your paymaster amaechi. Nonsense
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by cybluesky(m): 8:54am On Jan 21, 2013
i greet u all my fellow nairalanders...its common knowledge dat d problm of our dear nation has nuffin 2 do wit lack of resources in every ramifications but d lack of leaders wit d right mental attitude to lead...i must say here dat d problems we r facin are tailor made to run a cycle from tenure to tenure for a selected few to enrich their kitty..in conclusion,a change wil not com except we change it.
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by talktimi(m): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2013
GARRI (x7):

So he didn't commission a single project when he was a governor!!!

What a shame!!!

And most of the projects you claim he started were actually started by Alams...
I guess wherever you're from high capital projects are completed under 18 months especially in an extremely difficult terrain like Bayelsa has which is not just a matter of sand filling and erecting structures gbam. I also guess wherever you come from, government is not a continuum but its all good, different strokes for different folks.
Since you have already constituted yourself a judge; jury and executioner in order to hang president Jonathan, let's agree to disagree.
- Jonathan didn't do ANYTHING at all either as a deputy governor or governor.
- president Jonathan is a retardeen.
- all governors apart from Fashola are clueless and retardeens.
So pls have a field day castigating and crucifying him. Thank you very much
Re: What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
goldenbrown: U guys are making music out of the name "Akpabio". What has he done in the area of youth empowerment? In the educational sector what can u say of him?. Health, Power,job opportunities, how far? He only focused on road construction in his sparsely populated state capital. How far his rural areas? The rural areas in Akwa Ibom is not worth writing about compare to the lousy name of the Govt who over the years has been sustaining on 80 Oil wells looted from Rivers state. If not for the crazy Amaechi who has been destined to win every court case. Thank God he has shifted his oil well looting to his Cross River brothers thereby improverishing them. Yet His people are crying "Akpabio Give Us Work! No be road we want shop" I reckon all those lauding the appraisal of Akpabio are not Akwa Ibomites. They are those who see things through the eyes of another and also hear through the ears of another. If Akpabio has done well, he shouldn't be scared to stay in his Govt House. Y has he been running. Incase you don't know, Akpabio is one of the major element misleading Jonathan since ND Governors are gradually deserting him cos of his Snail Administration
I wud recommend a propagandist job for u in politics simply because u knw hw to destroy people effort by calling white material black

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPOB Shocks Buhari Raises Biafra Flags During Nigeria Defeats To Croatia / Kidnapping: Senate Asks Uniform Men To Travel By Road To Chase Culprits / Jonathan, Buhari Spent N1.164 Trillionn On Power In 8 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.