Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets (11597 Views)

FG Suspends Deduction Of States’ Loans / List Of Private Jet Owners In Nigeria (pictures) / FG Suspends Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 21, 2013
So my plan to acquire private helicopter is also thwarted. Thats so uncool.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by ocelot2006(m): 10:33am On Jan 21, 2013
Dee60: The President should lead by example. The 10 or so luxury jets in the presidential fleet should be turned over to a national carrier and the president should fly first class and business class like the British Prime Minister will do. As a nation, we are as poor as bangladesh but our leaders want to live like American presidents. It wont work!

All aircrafts in the presidential fleet are owned solely by the Nigerian Air Force. They are going nowhere.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Afolabs101: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2013
[size=16pt]Don't you get it

Stella wants to CHOP!! Now that she doesn't have access to subsidy money, she needs to get creative:

Ban importation of private jets and issue waivers to those who are ready to part with substantial amounts of moolah!

How else can you explain banning import of jets because you want to come up with a new policy and you say you don't know how long it will take

Remember, this woman was one of GEJ's chief fund raisers in the last election.
[/size]

P.s. before tribalists come and start defending "their own", the Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw, Efik, Fulani, Kanuri etc politicians are just as corrupt as the Igbo ones.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by searay(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2013
The devil is a big Liar, we Nairalanders MUST get our own. Are they banning it so that others will not buy. Anyways, with my combine 3D,4D and 5D, I have no problem.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Adurangba(f): 11:13am On Jan 21, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Cronyism, Maoism, 'Exploiting class' exploiting each other. 'Bad belleism'

Are they going to ban importation of luxury cars next?

Did they tell you it is a ban, they only suspended it pending the outcome of new regulations.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by soledayo(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
AH WHY NOW? NO PROBLEM, SINCE MINE IS ALMOST IN NIGERIA, I WILL DIVERT IT TO BENIN AND FROM THERE OPERATE IT. NO PROBLEM FG.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by wellmax(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2013
[size=18pt]WHY IS THIS TOPIC APPEARING TWICE ON THE FRONT PAGE[/size]
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by fkaz(m): 11:21am On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

Send me an email...

My company can bring it in through Seme Border.. We can also help you put plate number as well..

Oh tanx for ur concerns, my colleagues av started buying yacht so have change my mind grin grin grin
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by ubong560(m): 11:24am On Jan 21, 2013
Dat devil is a liar! 3x. Evry evil spirit, mammy water spirit, ogboni spirit, eckankar spirit, weda na evil spirit frm village ancestors that wants to stand as a barrier against the acquisition of my PRIVATE JET, Lord because u make me a champion and promised me to fly like witches wit my PJ, i stand to say, Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!? Holy Ghost Fire!!! AMEN.

**Speaking in tongues**

Santara bon dere su, mahaduhasa. mondere tu buhaharu, manwoputukadure.

Thank you lord. Amen.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by NOVEE: 11:25am On Jan 21, 2013
what u guys problem with pastors buying private jet? una want make them trek
Burger01: Damn!!! Some pastors would be disappointed... what would happen to the plane Pst Okojie and Pst Kriss Oyak ordered for....
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by ypzilanti: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2013
They should ban stealing of government funds. If you are a productive businessman, paying taxes and employing people, why should you not be able to buy a private jet? They should instead strengthen seizure and forfeiture laws to catch the politicians and crooks. When you cannot explain the source of the wealth you forfeit it to government.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by adexsimply(m): 11:39am On Jan 21, 2013
achi4u: that one dey use fuel?
u no knw? na human blood na
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by dridowu: 11:46am On Jan 21, 2013
Ds is bad, cos am planning to buy 1 nxt week ;-(
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by ypzilanti: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2013
Billyonaire: So my plan to acquire private helicopter is also thwarted. Thats so uncool.

You are so predictable. I was just about to type 'where is Billionaire to tell us how this has disrupted his plans for the year'. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Symphony007: 11:59am On Jan 21, 2013
Why is common sense not common? Nigeria is becoming the largest hub for private jets in africa and they want to spoil that trend which might someday promp boeing to build one of their assembly plants here thereby creating jobs and revenue for the nation. If something must be done it should be the FAA taxing this jets and using the money to maintain our airports.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by tunjilana: 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
Many things need to be banned too...like public office holders sending their kids to school abroad or using any medical facility outside the country...let the chicken come home to roost...let's fix this country and stop selfishly sorting out one another
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by confusion247(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
This is an evidence that Jonathan knows not what to do except to loot oil money. Why not place a duty of 50% and a yearly tax of 25%. That will raise more money to maintain our failing and sick airports.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by guyosict(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Abeg my own dey road dey com ooooooooooo,so hw we go do am oga GJ.cos I most use my own dis mth oooooooooooooo
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Revolva(m): 1:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
A nation like nigeria --- I am sooo tired of the massive confusion .....so confused that's each time I sit to view the tv set if I see the new hour I run away

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Daniel058(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
No mind,i fit buy ma own follow no man's land enta compound gbam!!! If u nid 1, abeg conzult me. I no hard.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Daniel058(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
No mind,i fit buy ma own follow no man's land enta compound gbam!!! If u nid 1, abeg conzult me. I no hard. Loll!!!!!
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Originalsly: 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
HNosegbe: While they're at it, they should slam a 25% tax on all private jets ordered. A good way to raise money.
Should be 100% tax and the registration and other fees should be very high...not only for private jets but all luxury items for private use...whether it be yatch, cars or alcohol.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
achi4u: that one dey use fuel?

E deh use blood.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by 2HASUM(m): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
This development will greatly affect our evangelism, how can those of us that have not acquired one be able to do "God's work"? Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm by reducing the avenue to spend the surplus takings.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by pipz(m): 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
No wonder, dis custom & clearing agents have refused to deliver my Gulfstream to my private hanger, dey shld have @ least told me, haba! Wud just have spoken to d presidency or Stella directly... Well, no wahala, Leke, get in touch wit Stella, tell her I need to speak to her ASAP. John Travolta has been disturbing me for my flying lessons. *mschew*

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by darealez(m): 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
didadavid: Something they shoulda done before now, after all our pastors have used the sweat of my fellow Nigerian citizens to acquire fleets of air planes. Well I wouldn't blame them, I'd blame my hungry naija people for buying planes for them, then drink garry morning, noon and evening. How fulfilled are pastors for their followers dont think.
FOOL!
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by talktimi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Cronyism, Maoism, 'Exploiting class' exploiting each other. 'Bad belleism'

Are they going to ban importation of luxury cars next?
the importation of private jets was SUSPENDED not banned. There's a difference between both words.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by nex(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
Is this the solution? So what if individuals go to buy Private Jets outside the country, and then fly it in? That of course cannot be defined as importation. Yet, the country will not receive import duties.

This is rubbish, if at all it is true.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by paffynes(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
My company can bring it in through Seme Border.. We can also help you put plate number as well..[color=#990000][/color] grin[i][/i] abeg werin be ur email my broda, post asap cos i go like use ur service.
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
What is the point when most of these private jets are actually registered abroad?

Also, Mr. Sam Adurogboye, Spokesman for the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) had told the our correspondent that private jet ownership is on the increase even as most private jet owners prefer to register their aircraft abroad because they pay less insurance premiums abroad, while the aircraft had second hand values and they could easily get buyers if they decide to sell the aircraft.
Source
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by solinho(m): 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
very good development, at least it would curb the incessant accidents
Re: FG Suspends Importation Of Private Jets by IleIfe2(m): 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
talktimi: the importation of private jets was SUSPENDED not banned. There's a difference between both words.

'Suspended indefinitely' 'ban', what's the difference? A typical GEJ era political office holder, trying to squeeze money out of people that can afford private jet. Dishonourable Farouk style mafia shake down, Bala Mohammed type shake down. The modus Operandi sounds familiar. Only God knows how many percent madame Stella (Oni idi Araba) is asking for.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits / Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? / David Smith Establishes Radio Station To Fight Boko Haram Insurgency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.