Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,450 members, 7,770,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:19 AM

System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? (20568 Views)

Exclusively To Windows 7 Users - How To Make Your Pc Run Faster / How To Make Your Pc Run Faster / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by expertman(m): 7:13am On Jan 24, 2013
hey guys,

Pls Can Any one tell Me How I Can Drive My Sound drivers on my system and bluetooth drivers.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 7:54am On Jan 24, 2013
shakaz: Please, My toshiba satelite L300 battery is showing not charging.Please how much is the 6cell battery,and how many hours would a fully charge one stand.

$40 Dollars according to Amazon. (Dont aak me to convert it no naira)

5hours tops on a single charge i guess.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 7:56am On Jan 24, 2013
expertman: hey guys,

Pls Can Any one tell Me How I Can Drive My Sound drivers on my system and bluetooth drivers.

You lost me... what are u trying to do here??
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Gabbylovesyou(m): 8:16am On Jan 24, 2013
I'm making use of onyx notebook but my problem is that ever since i bought it,the battery hasn't been charging,and they said its not in the market. wot do i
do?
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by expertman(m): 8:35am On Jan 24, 2013
moonraker:

You lost me... what are u trying to do here??
thanks bro. Here is how it got started. I was looking easy image editor. So i went to gimp.org to download the Gnu image editor. So when i run it, it ask for pack3 while my system was pack2. So i went to bought the windows pack3 and tried to upgrade which doesnt work. Eventualy my system kept hanging it cant boot to windows any more so i format it and install pack3 fresh. After instalation my bluetooth,sound and wireless didnt work again. So i was told i need to drive them to work by instaling the appropriate drivers. Have download many of them online with my flash drive still it didnt work. My system is hp nc6000 pls help me guys
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by ambivalentstate: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2013
webcalculator: can i get a good system with N70,000?

You can cause I have some to diparch(brand new though) if you are intrested call 018838089. For verifications
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by ambivalentstate: 9:16am On Jan 24, 2013
webcalculator: can i get a good system with N70,000?

You can cause I have some to dispatch(brand new though) if you are interested call 018838089. For verifications
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Chlorin: 9:32am On Jan 24, 2013
My lappy hp dv6 when am watching movie automaticaly get freze with some noisey sound less i hold the power button 2 turn it off. Abeg wht's d prbm pls thank u
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by kneeyii: 9:56am On Jan 24, 2013
I am using Gateway MT7071 laptop, it originally came with windows vista. I decided to format the system because it was too slow and had lots of stuffs in it. After formatting, the only available operating system was windows7, so I installed win7. After about 2 weeks of use without issues, one day voltage supply from my generator was very high to an extent that my laptop charger was affected. I unplugged and later plugged in the charger it charges but the indicator light blinks like every second. Also, the cursor freezes or sometimes decides to jump around the screen @ will. It is really annoying because I can't do anything without controlling the cursor. Finally, I have issues with my video it says 'hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on. This is what it displays whenever i want to play 3D chess that came with it, instead of showing in 3D it shows in 2D and my video quality is very bad. Pls wat is d way 4ward?
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Daviewonder(m): 10:11am On Jan 24, 2013
I use an hp invent wit a 2gb ram nd a 32 bit o.s,i'v bin tryna instal pes13 buh afta instalatn d game iz kinna slow.pls wat can i do
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by ijaola(m): 10:29am On Jan 24, 2013
Hi op and peeps,

Can I get good laptop on jumia, konga, dealdey. What other site can I get good deals.

I plan to get hp pavilion G6 2037nr, it with windows 8 but what do you this about the graphics card level.

Appreciate response.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by francescainnoce(f): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2013
moonraker:

If you do not intend to play games on it, your good to go. Go with Samsung for the sole reason that

you can get support in nigeria if something where to happen unlike HP.
Thanks for the info.
Na am in the UK,hopefully i can also get the support here...
thanks U'd best
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 11:47am On Jan 24, 2013
Daviewonder: I use an hp invent wit a 2gb ram nd a 32 bit o.s,i'v bin tryna instal pes13 buh afta instalatn d game iz kinna slow.pls wat can i do

Forget it, you cant play PES 13 with that system...
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2013
francescainnoce:
Thanks for the info.
Na am in the UK,hopefully i can also get the support here...
thanks U'd best

No biggy!!! My apologizes about the location thingy.

It even makes the sitaution less complicated. I will still advise

you to go for the Samsung becos HPs CS team is nothing but shocked lipsrsealed
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 11:59am On Jan 24, 2013
kneeyii: I am using Gateway MT7071 laptop, it originally came with windows vista. I decided to format the system because it was too slow and had lots of stuffs in it. After formatting, the only available operating system was windows7, so I installed win7. After about 2 weeks of use without issues, one day voltage supply from my generator was very high to an extent that my laptop charger was affected. I unplugged and later plugged in the charger it charges but the indicator light blinks like every second. Also, the cursor freezes or sometimes decides to jump around the screen @ will. It is really annoying because I can't do anything without controlling the cursor. Finally, I have issues with my video it says 'hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on. This is what it displays whenever i want to play 3D chess that came with it, instead of showing in 3D it shows in 2D and my video quality is very bad. Pls wat is d way 4ward?

Start with Installing graphics drivers for your video card??

As for the freezing?? hmmm seems to me that your motherboard is fried!!!!

My apologizes but this is a thread for troubleshooting software requirements

so i suggest you direct this question to the Techy thread on the computer section.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by kevin10: 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
pls my compaq laptop is not charging to 100%.it stop in between 40 t0 50% pls help ooooooooooo
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2013
kevin10: pls my compaq laptop is not charging to 100%.it stop in between 40 t0 50% pls help ooooooooooo

Buy a new battery
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Slizbeat(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
Nice thread. I need a reply please. My aunty just gave me a NEC laptop last week, currently running on windows XP Operating system. It has no CD-ROM, 18Gbyte HD, less than 2Gbyte RAM, no Wi-Fi but it connects to the internet fast. Was able to install Adobe reader 8 together with photoshop, image ready, picasa and some games less than a Gbyte. I want to change the OS to Windows7 but a friend of mine says it would make it more slow. What should I do and how correct is he? cos i need another OS rather than XP.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
Slizbeat: Nice thread. I need a reply please. My aunty just gave me a NEC laptop last week, currently running on windows XP Operating system. It has no CD-ROM, 18Gbyte HD, less than 2Gbyte RAM, no Wi-Fi but it connects to the internet fast. Was able to install Adobe reader 8 together with photoshop, image ready, picasa and some games less than a Gbyte. I want to change the OS to Windows7 but a friend of mine says it would make it more slow. What should I do and how correct is he? cos i need another OS rather than XP.

state your specs??
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Nipeks(m): 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
My small notebook of Intel Atom 3150, 2G RAM and 250 HDD is running Windows 7 Ultimate, Adobe PS, Adobe AE, Autodesk 3Ds Max, 3 Grand Theft Auto Franchise and loads heavy games (I use TnL and Pixel Shader Emulators), Reason, FL Studio and many more heavy softwares. undecided
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by adoubleu(f): 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
Nnaemiemax:

Yes, but will also depend on d dedicated video memory that your graphics card runs at.. The standard is 256mb, 512mb is gr8, 1gb (1024mb) is wonderful and 2gb is d highest.
Make sure it's not less than 256mb.
U can check dis by right clicking on ur desktop, then click personalize, look for screen resolution and click, a dialog box opens to let u see what u need.
Cheers!

Thanks!
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by hammedkola(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
toideve:

Oya con troway am for me cry

You dey vex
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
moonraker:

That system will handle autocad 2007 well

but will struggle to keep up in fifa 13 and photoshop

for two reasons. the graphics card and the processor.

dont get me wrong though, ur laptop will run them but it will have one issue or the other.

i suggest that you take a look at systems with at least core 2 duo or core 1 processors.

Also if you can, try to stay away from intel 4000 graphics chip. look for AMD or Nvidia chips.
why AMD or Nvidia chips and not intel. Is there any difference
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Koolking(m): 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
Bookmarked...It's a useful topic
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by shakaz(m): 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
moonraker:

$40 Dollars according to Amazon. (Dont aak me to convert it no naira)

5hours tops on a single charge i guess.
thanks bro. 5hours wow thats amazing please how can I get 1 in port-harcourt.
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by seyizma(m): 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
@threadowners i want u to please tell me wc laptop to get-technologically ok (in terms of specs,graphics,processor) in the range of #70k-#80k. Cos i dont really knw much bout computers
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by bolakale30(m): 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
can i get a quad core processor 4 around 90k, if yes, what model do u recommend ?
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by Janochang(m): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
pls how or where do i get complete drivers for hp compac presario cq57?
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:26am On Jan 25, 2013
Janochang: pls how or where do i get complete drivers for hp compac presario cq57?

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=5111894">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=5111894
Re: System Requirements Thread: Can My PC Run It? by moonraker(m): 12:27am On Jan 25, 2013
shakaz: thanks bro. 5hours wow thats amazing please how can I get 1 in port-harcourt.

Online, via AMAZON

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem / 8 Ways Technology Makes You silly. / Change Your Passwords: 2 Million Facebook/Google/Yahoo/Twitter Passwords Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.