Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? (10992 Views)

My Wife Misbehaves Because I Cheated On Her. / When Was The Last Time You Told Your Spouse You Love Him/her? / If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by freebloke: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
make the lord tolded her himself....

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by salt1: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: Salt 1, God is not a god of confusion. You talked about human nature but forgot that God created both human and his nature. It is both divine and human to want to relieve ur sinful soul of d burden of iniquities but here are some posers for u -(1) Who do u confess ur sins to-ur friends,co workers,relatives or wife? U only confess to 'God'. God need not be told of ur sins in d open cos he knows d content of ur chest.(2) How many times do u sin and how many hundreds of mortal being do u need to confess to? Forgivess is Remorsefulness and not a outward carricature display of confessing ur sins.
It's not really as confusing as you make it sound. Iniquities are confessed to God but if another person was affected by our actions, part of our duty is to set the records right. If I told you a lie or stole from you, I won't be comfortable leaving you without knowledge of the truth or returning the stolen item. Read about Zacheaus in the Bible. He went back to those he'd defrauded.
In adultery, there's deception of another person by acting like you've been true. When we do certain things, like the prodigal son, we sin against God and other people. And when we repent, we apologise to God and also to those hurt by our actions

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by juman(m): 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
jhydebaba: How am I suppose to know the voice of the Lord or through which medium does the Lord communicates

freebloke: make the lord tolded her himself....

grin grin
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by omochefran(m): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
My dear peeps wisdom is profitable to direct all u need is repentance and your rest action is taken care of by God through the spirit.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by doyinmolah: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE, obey make your matter no be like JOHN TERRY own(wey the whoe world know say im sleep with im team mate wife.

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by lokopet: 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
I dont ve to wait 4 d Lord to ask me cos I am his temple, cheating/unfaithfulness is breaking the vow i made to the Lord and my spouse. I am married, a field engineer. i face the challenges of keeping to my marital vows, i ve breaking the vows sometimes in d past, i prayed for the courage and i in4m my spouse, she was break-en hear-ted but i am praying for the grace to remain faithful to her and God

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
Mr. 1234:
where was the spirit when I was cheating?

I probably might hear the spirit if my headphones are not on.

That moment you are about to cheat and a voice tells you right in your mind that is not good and you shouldn't do it yet you went ahead and do it, didn't the spirit warn you>

1 Like

Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by PENMIGHT(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ujujoan:

Actually, confession is a step toward making restitution for a sin committed.
Sometimes, repentance of a particular sin is NOT enough, you have to make restitution as well to show complete repentance!
I guess sin the case of adultery, confession to spouse is the best restitution one can make!
I wonder what penance they give adulterers . . . undecided
. When there two evils, u go for d lesser of the two. It is enough evil to cheat on ur partner but it is a much devastating one to loose ur soul to d devil who will,no matter ur coffession, put an endless and devastating stigma on u as a sinner. U loose ur partner, ur loving kids will live in broken home,u loose ur friend, u loose ur place at work just cos d Lord allegedly instruct u to confess. Adam and Eve sinned,who confessed to who? Were they forgiven or not?
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by PENMIGHT(m): 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
salt 1:
It's not really as confusing as you make it sound. Iniquities are confessed to God but if another person was affected by our actions, part of our duty is to set the records right. If I told you a lie or stole from you, I won't be comfortable leaving you without knowledge of the truth or returning the stolen item. Read about Zacheaus in the Bible. He went back to those he'd defrauded.
In adultery, there's deception of another person by acting like you've been true. When we do certain things, like the prodigal son, we sin against God and other people. And when we repent, we apologise to God and also to those hurt by our actions
. Adultery differs from stealing. U can return a stolen item, can u UNDO d ACT? No. Islam distinguishes between sins. Adultery,Stealing,Gambling,Killing,Lieing are all MAJOR SINS but with different way u go about repenting about them. Who do u confess to when u GAMBLE? Ur wife? Who do u confess to when DRUNK? Ur friends? When u steal ,Islam says be remorseful,repent,don't return to sinning? The stolen item should be returned to d rightful owner only if it won't endanger u honour further and make u regret ever repenting. If it will bring more evil, just return it to where d rightful owner can pick it up. That is even if d stolen item is within returnable limit. Did u steal pencil in ur pry sch, or didn't u steal powder milk and bournvita in ur mum's absence? Now how do u repent of that and return d stolen items. God is not the author of confussion!
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
cyril10: Some blind posters here, you talk about the holy Spirit of God as if you are talking about the spirit of the devil that rules the earth.
Give due respect to God and his Holy Spirit or else the danger is much nearer than you think.
If the Spirit of God says you should confess your adultery to your wife, he said it because he loves you and doesn't want you to end up in hell,
obey the word of the Lord immediately dont bring it to a forum like this where people that have disregard for God post what will destroy their souls eventually if they fail to repent from their sins.

God bless you for this.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
coogar:

the number of people the Holy Spirit speaks to in nigeria is not up to 12. Holy Spirit and nigerians shouldn't be in the same sentence.

A little bit of exaggeration but on point!
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
salt 1: Pen might, christainity and human nature teach us differently. In xtianity, confession is a pre-requisite for forgiveness. And yes, God requires the past. A man with a secret on his mind is an unhappy man. It is absolutely necessary to come out in the open.
Adultery is a sin against God and against your spouse whom you owe fidelity. Confessing means you're repentant and ready to be held accountable, not living a pretentious life.
A real [b]xtian [/b]knows that he must live transparently and when he falters, he must ask forgiveness from God and the offended party (even when the offended isn't aware) because the truth will still come out .

A real Xtian ?

Or

A real Christian (biblical)
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
freebloke: make the lord tolded her himself....

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Many people on this thread need more than the Holy Spirit.

They need to go back to school!
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by naijaobi(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
hrmkz: What if the same lord ask me to cheat in the first place. shocked
i.mbecile
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by lifesabeach: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
God is not an author of confusion. Period
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by jmoore(m): 7:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
You don't have to wait for God to tell you that. If you commit adultery, you should confess to your husband or wife.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by bukatyne(f): 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
chiover: I am 100% surE that the lord will never ask me to do such thing. Man is polygamous in nature so I have every right to straff if I so desire. Pls don't get it twisted
I understand u might want to be witty sometimes but mind what u say. God never made man polygamous else he would have created 1 adam with numerous eves. U are free to sleep with anyone you like and God is free to punish you so either way you look at it, there is freedom of expression
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
bukatyne:
I understand u might want to be witty sometimes but mind what u say. God never made man polygamous else he would have created 1 adam with numerous eves. U are free to sleep with anyone you like and God is free to punish you so either way you look at it, there is freedom of expression
go and read acct of jacobs and solomon then u come bak and tell me the numb of wives they had then
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by toshmann(m): 3:26am On Jan 22, 2013
Tell her for what? angry NEVER angry

How am I sure it's not the demon telling me to go tell her, in other to scatter my relationship with my babe. Then she go say she no go gree marry me.

Once you cheat just don't do it again, let by-gone be by-gone
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Gambrosia: 4:59am On Jan 22, 2013
Na secret? undecided

Who says I need 'some LORD' to tell what I consciously enjoyed? undecided
Pretty dumb! kiss

Ask and ye shall receive. . . SNOOP. . . AND I SHALL BE CAUGHT BUTT-NAYKED!
. . . .with SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET pleasure too! cool

You have only two options. . . LEAVE OR STAY! kiss
I may just miss your azzze for a lirrle over 6 days and 5 nights!
Not even a week.

*PS*. . . . .I could care less if you 'cheated' or not. YOUR PREROGATIVE. I don't believe in MONOGAMY.
Absolutely BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING AND HYPOCRITICAL CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP! kiss

IF YOU CATCH A 'BUG'. . .PLEASE DIE IN PEACE OR PIECES! kiss
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by yungdamaz(m): 6:21am On Jan 22, 2013
Tusky44: The spirit of the lord no know the implications? So if my spouse pour me hot water and my skin burns, will the spirit of the lord treat my skin? Abeg jor....

If e too much make the spirit tell am by himself because i no fit take that kind of risk.
blasphemy against d spirit of GOD shocked
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by salt1: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: . Adultery differs from stealing. U can return a stolen item, can u UNDO d ACT? No. Islam distinguishes between sins. Adultery,Stealing,Gambling,Killing,Lieing are all MAJOR SINS but with different way u go about repenting about them. Who do u confess to when u GAMBLE? Ur wife? Who do u confess to when DRUNK? Ur friends? When u steal ,Islam says be remorseful,repent,don't return to sinning? The stolen item should be returned to d rightful owner only if it won't endanger u honour further and make u regret ever repenting. If it will bring more evil, just return it to where d rightful owner can pick it up. That is even if d stolen item is within returnable limit. Did u steal pencil in ur pry sch, or didn't u steal powder milk and bournvita in ur mum's absence? Now how do u repent of that and return d stolen items. God is not the author of confussion!

I think there is a fundamental issue here. We are talking of "the Lord", the Christian's perspective. I don't even see or understand what a Muslim man will consider as adultery when he is allowed to have four women at a time and if my understanding of the religion is correct, he is allowed even a temporary wife.
But we are dealing with the Christian religion where the founder said that every SIN is a sin. He also said that there is nothing hidden that shall not be exposed here and in the hereafter. We, who are trying to please Him, must live by His dictates. And that includes truthfulness, fidelity and transparency.
The litmus test is the conscience. A clear conscience doesn't fear any accusation. A true Bible Christian doesn't have skeletons in his cupboard. What if the adultery had produced offspring? Then the legal wife finds out after the man's death? Not healthy at all. The Bible says that some men's sins go before them to judgement but some men's sins follow them to judgement. Confessing to God and man means sending your sins ahead of time.
Do you know that people actually apologise to their primary school classmates for stolen pencils and offer to give them back? Children confess to their mothers for stealing from their purses and their mothers forgive them? Those who cheated in WAEC write every year to the exam body and some re-write the exam so that they don't go about carrying a result they didn't work for? Women and men walk out of adulterous marriages when they feel the tug on their consciences? We don't do what is convenient, but we do the right thing no matter how difficult it will be.

This thread is for Christians. But I like your joining in and trying to understand how others reason.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by salt1: 8:53am On Jan 22, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

A real Xtian ?

Or

A real Christian (biblical)

They actually mean the same thing. Just an abbreviation of the word as you have in Xmas for Christmas. Thanks!
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by bukatyne(f): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
chiover: go and read acct of jacobs and solomon then u come bak and tell me the numb of wives they had then
I am sure because David killed Uriah, It's ok to kill your lover's husband. You will just read their story without learning from it.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by Haybeeone: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
If it is the Spirit of God that say so, i will discus it with my wife with all sense of humility, and with the joyful heart. I will know that God is about to do great thing(s) in my family. The give Him all d praise for giving me the grace to confess to my wife.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by mightlove(f): 4:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
he or she does not have to hear from God if they have truly repented from the sin. Confessing such to one's spouse is very necessary, even though it is a very difficult thing to do.
Re: Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? by goldedprince: 5:26am On Sep 19, 2016
Lord ask you how?
Abeg next time record when he dey ask u. Then i can reply

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Other Side Of This Coin? / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? / Let's Talk About Online Flirting...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.