Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

10 Ways To Fight Depression - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Ways To Fight Depression (9544 Views)

10 Ways Ladies Frustrate The Life Of Virgin Guys / 10 Ways Ladies Act To Avoid Sex When They Visit Guys / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways To Fight Depression by lovingsoul(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2013
1----One thing you must know is, the mind is a place where depression grows to eventually become a menace to the whole of your system.
So try as much as possible to engage your mind with positive activities, positive thoughts, a positive way of life and so on, just make sure your mind is not free for a depressing thought to creep in, why? cause a positive thought or activity takes you far away from whatever issues or problems facing you.

2------ You must try as much as possible to avoid anxiety and difficult issues , problems , peoples views or opinions must not be allowed to take over your mind easily,because if it does , you become too anxious which predisposes you to been depressed.

3----- When bored or moody, never try to find solace in drinks, sex, food or drugs, they only compound issues.

4------ Boredom, loneliness, idleness, low self esteem and lack of self confidence are factors that exposes an individual to depression, so to avoid it, engage in pro-active activities like "SPORTS".

5------- Have at least 2-3 mind lifting friends , keep companies that add value to your life, try to find someone you trust and respect to talk to, because depression thrives in silence, communication exposes it.

6------- Never be caught idle, because it makes the mind go astray in search of crazy and depressing thoughts .
Engage your mind with activities that keeps it focused, activities like "READING OR TAKING A WALK".

7------ A low self esteem dampens the mind, which invites depression, so to conquer depression, your self esteem must burn high like steam.

8------ If you are not confident with your self then everything people say especially the negative ones gets to you and bring the spirit down , which automatically exposes you to depression.
Build a genuine self confidence from inside you, remind yourself everyday that you are " BEAUTIFUL, BRILLIANT, INTELLIGENT AND HARDWORKING."

9------ Avoid getting ANGRY easily, don't be jealous, never house any hatred towards anyone live with a free mind,that could be all the liberation you need from depression.

10------ Don't blame yourself for whatever have happened or happening to you, this is the only way to clear your mind from all guilt and self condemnation.

------ FINALLY, TRY NOT TO WAKE UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF YOUR BED AND IF YOU WORK PLEASE FIND TIME TO RELAX YOUR NERVES, GO OUT ON A VACATION, EITHER WITH YOUR FAMILY OR ALONE BUT JUT DO SOMETHING OUT SIDE WORK! WORK!

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/10-ways-to-fight-depression-1513716.html

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by sexybash(f): 11:56am On Jan 21, 2013
@poster thank you been dying to get this tips thank you

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nice 1 bro!. .

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
Helpful. A lot of nairalanders are here because they r depressed. I'm not included btw cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by yuzedo: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
lovingsoul:
When bored or moody, never try to find solace in drinks, [size=18pt]sex[/size], food or drugs, they only compound issues.
You better respect yourself! angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by SherlockHolmes1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Number 5 is lacking cos all my friends na yab we dey yab eachother o! number 5 is in short supply in the world!

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by SherlockHolmes1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
yuzedo:
You better respect yourself! angry angry angry
grin grin grin grin hahaha!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
11 ---- Always visit Nairaland to read funny threads and comments.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Abujafood: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
OP you forgot to add Number 11 (Read Articles on Abujafood.com)

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Abujafood: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
991: 11 ---- Always visit Nairaland to read funny threads and comments.

That should be Number 12, I've taken number 11 already!

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by honestivo(m): 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
To buttress those point pls dnt always tink of ur wrong decision or indicision coz u cnt change d past but u cn learn frm it.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by yanni1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
***Mind if i stay here until it's safe where i farted?***

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by seedord247(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Never go to the bathroom after watchin p0rn. tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by chinig(m): 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nice post.....Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u just made ♍♈ day.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by omiobo: 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by sammmiey1: 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
Number 10 is really talkin 2me,iv alwyz blamed mysef 4d flaws iv made in d tym past. wenever I tot of it I alwyz went in2 deep depression....thanks 4d piece bro

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by sexybash(f): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ada Nri1: Helpful. A lot of nairalanders are here because they r depressed. I'm not included btw cheesy
[quote author=seedord247] i never knew we had so much deppressed folks on nairaland oh after all they would be forming macho peeps about

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by mynameisjade: 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ishilove:
This isn't funny. You might be giving a depressed someone out there ideas

Really is'nt funny @all,MOD's pls take dis pic off the thread....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by pinky21(f): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pray always. Only God dat can help a really depressed human

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Ishilove: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

Any depressed person wey follw my post, is not only depressed, but possessed as well!!
Be careful. Not everything should be taken as a joke.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by adaptor4all: 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
Every ailment has a prediposin factor..As 4 depression n frustration,they arise wen ur Realisation is far below ur Expectation..Always give room 4 mistakes,don't think too much f ursef,u aint supernatural..Always try 2 laff @ ursef,wud make u feel better
Go easy n steady,success comes slowly bt surely..Even bridges r built wt gaps 2 allow room 4 expansion..learn 2 accommodate n 4giv sef..wud hep u a lot
Rememba,d entire basis of Shame is nt due 2 sm personal mistakes f ours,bt cos dis humiliatn is seen by evri1..4giv ursef always..phuck haters
There can neva b anoda now,make d most outta 2day.There can neva b anoda u,so make d best outta ursef....Depression kills,kill dt Depression 2day

4 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by sexybash(f): 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
adaptor4all: Every ailment has a prediposin factor..As 4 depression n frustration,they arise wen ur Realisation is far below ur Expectation..Always give room 4 mistakes,don't think too much f ursef,u aint supernatural..Always try 2 laff @ ursef,wud make u feel better
Go easy n steady,success comes slowly bt surely..Even bridges r built wt gaps 2 allow room 4 expansion..learn 2 accommodate n 4giv sef..wud hep u a lot
Rememba,d entire basis of Shame is nt due 2 sm personal mistakes f ours,bt cos dis humiliatn is seen by evri1..4giv ursef always..phuck haters
There can neva b anoda now,make d most outta 2day.There can neva b anoda u,so make d best outta ursef....Depression kills,kill dt Depression 2day
thanks i was at one state of mind sometimes last week, the fear of losing someone can even make you deppressed i am always scared to fail, am not perfect but every one around me see me that am perfect , as for now i will just live free and be my gaddam self

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Prodigee: 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nice one OP; learn't somtins...

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by alfredo4u(m): 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
una just saved my soul. God go bless all of una wey comment

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by sexybash(f): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
alfredo4u: una just saved my soul. God go bless all of una wey comment
i think say na only me dey suffer from depression anyway sha for me depression can sometimes be a form of reality check any thanks to all that commented

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Ebiro4: 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
Depression is the disease of the mind,a day of depression is more exhausting than a day of work,we can easily manage if we will only take each day of burden appointed to it.But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday burden over again today and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Fight Depression by Ebiro4: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Many people are terribly limited today because they live on guilt avenue,always reliving the past in their memories.Nothing destorys today hapiness than thinking about yesterdays misfortunes and nothing cancel today's joy like tomorrow fears

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most People Hate Using Protection / I Lost Interest In Women and Sex After Seeing This.. / Photo! My Bitter And Hilarious Experience With My Female TAXIFY Rider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.