Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro (822 Views)

President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide / Blunder! Fake Campaign Picture Of GEJ's New Federal Universities Exposed / Lamido-Amaechi’s Campaign Posters Flood Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by lekanolas: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nigeria’s former High Commissioner to Ghana, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, yesterday denied sponsoring governorship campaign posters, which flooded parts of Lagos State at the weekend.

Obanikoro described as cheap and miscalculated the fake campaign posters purportedly presenting him as gunning for the governorship of the state in 2015.

The former ambassador said the motive behind the move had failed ab initio because, apart from the fact that the strategy was oldfashioned, the timing was ill-advised and the intention stymied.

Obanikoro said the move was intended to achieve either of two things: to present him as desperate or a politician of uncompromising tendencies and therefore concluded that both intentions had failed because they could neither push him out in the ring nor stifle him. He said: “Honestly, this has not come to me as a surprise because I understand the terrain in which I operate.

But I would have thought that even if those who relish in destructive politics still admire the trade, they could have at least, gone a notch up in their game.

This is cheap, ill-timed and a miscalculation. “I know where this is coming from, but it is good for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, because it shows clearly that the opposition is jittery already and when the time comes, our party which is bigger and better now will put them in their place. “If all this has set out to do is cause disaffection among us, too bad because it failed even before it was recognised as mischief.

“Interestingly, the same approach was used against the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and it failed because it was false. Even a member of the opposition party, Hon. Opeyemi Bamidele, recently had a whiff of his party’s bad politics.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/my-fake-campaign-posters-oppositions-handiwork-obanikoro/
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by seanet01: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Obanikoro the certified inept ambassador. Olodo

1 Like

Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by Adurangba(f): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
seanet01: Obanikoro the certified inept ambassador. Olodo

What an intelligent comment.
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by Tolexander: 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
something is going on in nigeria nowadays and i notice i started immediately we entered into this year, january 1 to be precised.
It started with our amiable president, GEJ(PDP), we woke up to see his posters flying about everywhere in Abuja, he came up to deny it. Now, it is Obanikoro(PDP). Who else? We dont know.
Though we know these people are nursing the ambition to contest the elections which is obvious to the nigerians. Are they trying to play games on our intelligence to observe their ambition's acceptability putting forward the poster or this is a result of paranoia? Could there be a smoke without a fire?
One annoying thing is that some people will still go on to vote for these people who could not bravely and courageously support their ambitions initially.
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by seanet01: 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2013
Adura_ngba:

What an intelligent comment.
What a sensible comment. Let the sarcasm continue
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by djustice: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
lekanolas: Nigeria’s former High Commissioner to Ghana, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, yesterday denied sponsoring governorship campaign posters, which flooded parts of Lagos State at the weekend.

Obanikoro described as cheap and miscalculated the fake campaign posters purportedly presenting him as gunning for the governorship of the state in 2015.

The former ambassador said the motive behind the move had failed ab initio because, apart from the fact that the strategy was oldfashioned, the timing was ill-advised and the intention stymied.

Obanikoro said the move was intended to achieve either of two things: to present him as desperate or a politician of uncompromising tendencies and therefore concluded that both intentions had failed because they could neither push him out in the ring nor stifle him. He said: “Honestly, this has not come to me as a surprise because I understand the terrain in which I operate.

But I would have thought that even if those who relish in destructive politics still admire the trade, they could have at least, gone a notch up in their game.

This is cheap, ill-timed and a miscalculation. “I know where this is coming from, but it is good for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, because it shows clearly that the opposition is jittery already and when the time comes, our party which is bigger and better now will put them in their place. “If all this has set out to do is cause disaffection among us, too bad because it failed even before it was recognised as mischief.

“Interestingly, the same approach was used against the President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and it failed because it was false. Even a member of the opposition party, Hon. Opeyemi Bamidele, recently had a whiff of his party’s bad politics.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/my-fake-campaign-posters-oppositions-handiwork-obanikoro/

Who is this fool fooling? He posted the posters himself, now he's accusing the ruling party of doing it. ACN would actually prefer PDP to use Onikoro/Obanikoro as their gubernatorial candidate, with the arson committed during his term as Lagos Island Council Chairman, and all the recent financial malfeasance charges against him. He'll be too busy defending himself against their allegations and was not intelligent enough against the inexperienced Fashola the last time he contested. He should go and sit down.

He already got his boys like Olorunoje, in the party flying the kite for his candidacy in Thisday of 20th December 2012 below:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/we-ll-wrest-power-from-acn-in-lagos-in-2015-says-pdp-chief/134096/

Which was kicked to the curb by the party in this press release:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/01/06/lagos-pdp-denies-endorsing-obanikoro/

Look at his agbero head

Lagos PDP has moved on from this thuggish kind of candidate. He better go and contest against Mrs. Jagabandit in Lagos Central, for the Senatorial seat. Comedian.
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by seanet01: 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
djustice:

Who is this fool fooling? He posted the posters himself, now he's accusing the ruling party of doing it. ACN would actually prefer PDP to use Onikoro/Obanikoro as their gubernatorial candidate, with the arson committed during his term as Lagos Island Council Chairman, and all the recent financial malfeasance charges against him. He'll be too busy defending himself against their allegations and was not intelligent enough against the inexperienced Fashola the last time he contested. He should go and sit down.

He already got his boys like Olorunoje, in the party flying the kite for his candidacy in Thisday of 20th December 2012 below:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/we-ll-wrest-power-from-acn-in-lagos-in-2015-says-pdp-chief/134096/

Which was kicked to the curb by the party in this press release:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/01/06/lagos-pdp-denies-endorsing-obanikoro/

Look at his agbero head

Lagos PDP has moved on from this thuggish kind of candidate. He better go and contest against Mrs. Jagabandit in Lagos Central, for the Senatorial seat. Comedian.

Nice one.
Make sure you spread this around lol.
You are now listening to instruction.
BUT THUNDER FIRE PDP
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by djustice: 12:53am On Jan 23, 2013
seanet01: Nice one.
Make sure you spread this around lol.
You are now listening to instruction.
BUT THUNDER FIRE PDP

Soponna will eat the hands you used to type that, ACN maggot.
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by seanet01: 6:18am On Jan 23, 2013
djustice:

Soponna will eat the hands you used to type that, ACN maggot.
The thing dey pain you o.
Pele o. THUNDER FIRE PDP!
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by teskyg: 6:36am On Jan 23, 2013
I can Action Congress Supporters are really jittery.Fashola has nailed their coffin.He is the last Action Congress Governor in Lagos going by public opinion in Lagos.
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by takedat(m): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2013
Nigerian politicians will float their campaign posters to test their popularity, only to accuse the opposition when they receive negative response. Koro should park well, saying that the opposition sponsored the campaign posters of an insignificant politician is inane and jejune!
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by seunfly: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2013
teskyg: I can Action Congress Supporters are really jittery.Fashola has nailed their coffin.He is the last Action Congress Governor in Lagos going by public opinion in Lagos.
wrong my dear, you can't know what yoruba peaple will do based on public opinion. Not until the result is out you can never know who they will vote for. If you dout you can go and ask Oyinlola, shegun oshoba, bisi akande, bola ige etc. Yoruba peaple will sing you praise only to deny you at the last hour and yoruba peaple will ignore you only to support you at last hour.
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by teskyg: 8:21am On Jan 23, 2013
@ Seunfly,things have changed.Its not only Yoruba people that reside in Lagos bros.Please,conduct your own poll,sample ten people in your street and hear their opinion.These are the people that will be under the hot sun on Election day.We know deep within that Action Congress has lost it in Lagos.The last local Government Election clearly shows which way the pendulum will swing.Action Congress actually saw the handwritting on the wall.
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by RichDad1(m): 9:11am On Jan 23, 2013
seunfly:
wrong my dear, you can't know what yoruba peaple will do based on public opinion. Not until the result is out you can never know who they will vote for. If you dout you can go and ask Oyinlola, shegun oshoba, bisi akande, bola ige etc. Yoruba peaple will sing you praise only to deny you at the last hour and yoruba peaple will ignore you only to support you at last hour.
You're right. Yoruba people are really unpredictable. Ask Obasanjo in 1999 and all the AD governors in 2004.
Re: My Fake Campaign Posters, ACN Handiwork – Obanikoro by RichDad1(m): 9:45am On Jan 23, 2013
seunfly:

(1) (Reply)

"Nigerian Youth Are Unemployable" Special Advicer On Youth Unemployment / I Was Very Stubborn About Success- Jimoh Ibrahim / APC Will Restore Hope In Governance -oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.