Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,272 members, 7,839,364 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? (10994 Views)

Finding True Love / The Pain Of Finding True Love. / Finding True Love Is An Art-not Trial And Error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Tmum: 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
As many tym as u wish......
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Truckpusher(m): 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
LOVE IS LIMITLESS....
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by greedie1(f): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
sunny t:

Thats from kuch kuch hota hai

Why do you think what a human like you said abt a life issue like love is true for everybody?

Why wud u allow wat you saw in a movie rule your life?

Its wrong to be ruled by the media.

funny!
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
googles: You can love as many times as possible I have come to learn. No such thing as "one true love"

Too many times is probably an infatuation . You can have a deep love for someone such that forever you have that bonding with them.

There is always that special love that shines above the rest !

Love is not stagnant. It's constantly changing as people change and at any one point in time the emotions will float between :

Love...........and/or........... Hate

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
sleekymag:

Hmm, maybe in truth, there's no such thing as one true love. But i think love is a decision you make and decide to stick to, come what may.

Confused!

You can make a decision to love and stay in a marriage but how can you make a decision to love and stay in love.

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Oluwaadajo(m): 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
Love comes in different forms.

Romantic love both exhilarates and motivates us. It is also critical to the continuation of our species. Without the attachment of romantic love, we would live in an entirely different society . So in a sense, love really is a chemical addiction.

Love is an emotion . There are times it cannot be controlled. You can manage it but cannot control it.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Oluwaadajo(m): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
DigitalSignal:
Like I said before, love is abstract! It's a state of mind that you attain over a period of time!

Erich Fromm (1956) in his famous treatise (The Art of Loving), noted the sad consequence of this misconception:
""There is hardly any activity, any enterprise, which is started with such tremendous hopes and expectations, and yet, which fails so regularly, as love."

(chances are he'd be even more pessimistic today.)

In my opinion, real, lasting Love is an endearment that results from deeply appreciating another's goodness. That's why most women think there is no love in the dictionary of an African man.

According to my gran, most African men tend to have affairs when they have attained a higher position of comfort in their lifestyle . It seems they are likely to be more faithful when they are penniless and rely on the goodness of their partner to sustain them.

Statistics today supports her notion!

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

Confused!

You can make a decision to love and stay in a marriage but how can you make a decision to love and stay in love.

Love is a decision, my bro, or so it seems, and you can decide to stay in love even in the face of facts that would have made you turn your back! Whether you decide to stay in it or opt out of it, it's still mental conditioning... with different levels of tolerance.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
When u find yourself so much in love with an opposite sex, and u both have some real chemistry, then get married fast, before something happens. You can fall in love many times, but I know there's just one person your heart will always remember.

2 Likes

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Daisyflower: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2013
sleekymag:

Wow, then am happy for you, and hope it lasts forever.

Impossible!

The state of mind: No
The relationship: Possibly
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
Oluwaadajo: Love comes in different forms.

Romantic love both exhilarates and motivates us. It is also critical to the continuation of our species. Without the attachment of romantic love, we would live in an entirely different society . So in a sense, love really is a chemical addiction that occurs.

Love is an emotion . There are times it cannot be controlled. You can manage it but cannot control it.

We are talking about romantic or erotic love here, and not filial nor agape. So what's chemical about the addiction? Any chemical elements or compounds involved? grin

Anger is an emotion, can it be controlled? Yes, it can. Even if you're not angry, can you act as though you were angry? Yes! In other words, love as an emotion can be controlled.

BTW, its nice to see this making front page... cheesy
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by sleekymag(m): 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
valacious: When u find yourself so much in love with an opposite sex, and u both have some real chemistry, then get married fast, before something happens. You can fall in love many times, but I know there's just one person your heart will always remember.

Are you saying your heart cannot remember more than one person? I beg to differ as i believe you can remember as many as possible in their own different ways of touching your heart. Different situations, different memories.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by deezee08(f): 5:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
true love i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ Ὼ̴̩̩̩̥☀̤̈​̣̇t unanimous...IMHO, i dnt really think dere i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ anything like 'one true love'...U̶̲̥̅̊ can love different pple, at different times, in different ways

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by toysi: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
true doesn't come once...lets not deceive ourselves...its the reason why we stil look forward to another relationship after each break up
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by tony1980: 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
Love is always wicked
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by tony1980: 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
sleekymag: I am curious to know if true love can be found as many times as possible in someone's life. Is there a limit to the number of times one can fall in love or is TRUE LOVE really a one-time event? I am not talking about deep crushes you've had at various point in time, neither am i talking about you loving someone and the love was never returned. Am talking about reciprocal love to the point that you both feel you'd rather spend the rest of your lives together, until something happens and you unfortunately find yourselves out of love again. Is true love real, or is it a myth that's over-hyped? Your opinions are welcome.
love is a beautiful thing
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Oluwaadajo(m): 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2013
tony1980: love is a beautiful thing

.....ONLY when reciprocated in its truest form.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Oluwaadajo(m): 6:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
sleekymag:

We are talking about romantic or erotic love here, and not filial nor agape. So what's chemical about the addiction? Any chemical elements or compounds involved? grin

Anger is an emotion, can it be controlled? Yes, it can. Even if you're not angry, can you act as though you were angry? Yes! In other words, love as an emotion can be controlled.

BTW, its nice to see this making front page... cheesy

Love is an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment. Its not physical .

Please can you control "strong affection"?

If you can control it, you are not yet deeply in love. Or should I say you have not lost yourself to the total abandoness of your feelings to that person.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by jmoore(m): 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
why should I bother myself on how many true love I can find in my lifetime. When you find true love another one will not be in the agenda.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by aaliyaSA(f): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
Yes you can love more then once. Each time u love it will be different. The depths of the love u feel wil b different. When u love wholeheartedly there is no control...u can't wave a magic wand and it disappears. U can pretend and put up a front wit others yes, but the feelings can't b coontrolled.....and there is always that "special one" that stands out from the rest....the one u won't forget.

1 Like

Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by justice00(m): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
True love isn't a myth...neither is it overhyped....from the Bible's point of view we are told to love one another as we love ourselves...but unfortunately,we have become trapped with material things...so the possibility of finding true love is minimal, lets get our priorities right.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by DigitalSignal(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
Oluwaadajo:
In my opinion, real, lasting Love is an endearment that results from deeply appreciating another's goodness. That's why most women think there is no love in the dictionary of an African man.

According to my gran, most African men tend to have affairs when they have attained a higher position of comfort in their lifestyle . It seems they are likely to be more faithful when they are penniless and rely on the goodness of their partner to sustain them.

Statistics today supports her notion!
Love is abstract and it's the state of your mind at any given time towards whomever you're in a relationship with! Romantic love is conditional and dependent on other emotions; it intensity is dependent on how much you want those other emotions to be satisfied and to what extent they are actually satisfied! Over time, if those other emotions are not satisfied, your feelings (love) for that person is likely to drop and your mind will assume a new state! On the other hand, if those other emotions had been satisfied, the reverse may be the case! For instance, lets look at a newly wedded couple who never had intimacy (together); they developed love for each other over time and got married. The lady had an expectation of what intimacy would be, but to her surprise, the man is way below her expectation! Would she feel the same way about him as she had felt before their marriage? Depending on how much she wants that satisfaction, her feelings begin to take a different shape and her mind assumes the state of those feelings! This may eventually lead to other things, if that emotion is denied her for too long! Like every other emotion, love can come and go! If you want it to last, you work on satisfying the other emotions that make it stronger and keep feeding your subconscious mind with those beautiful feelings!
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by cdoffx(m): 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2013
First of all i believe you can only define true love with respect to yourself because its only your mind that you truly know. So my definition of true love is the love you've for that partner that is so big you could almost give anything to sustain it.
now to the question of if one can find true love once or many times. I do not have an objective answer to that but my subjective answer from my few experiences in the past is i've never been able to love anyone as much as i loved my first girl some 6ys back even till this moment. And when i'm confronted with the big question will i take her back if she comes back even when i'm in a relationship my simple answer is i prefer not to talk about that.
Having said all, i really wish i could find someone to love above her because it hurts that i love her so much but she's not there(neither her makings nor mine though)
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by DigitalSignal(m): 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
justice00: True love isn't a myth...neither is it overhyped....from the Bible's point of view we are told to love one another as we love ourselves...but unfortunately,we have become trapped with material things...so the possibility of finding true love is minimal, lets get our priorities right.
I'm inclined to thinking that the OP meant Romantic love and not the one the Bible says!
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by kandiikane(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
lol

mtchew! You can find 'true' love as many times you want. There is no such thing as one true love. Na fairytale. You meet someone fall in love(this is the stage of butterflies, nervousness, heart skipping anytime you see his face or picture or name blah di blah). After a couple of months or 1 to 2 years depending on the person's brain this diminishes. This process is repeated many times when you move on to someone else. Unless, you have been jujufied then you can actually find someone else you can love the same way you loved your 'one true love.'
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by kandiikane(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
DigitalSignal:
I'm inclined to thinking that the OP meant Romantic love and the one the Bible says!

He speaking of the same love the bible speaks of. Eros= se.xual, romantic, sensual love between two partners.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Malubi(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
Nothing like True love in my Dictionary. I have LOVE & SERIOUS. Love is simply to like what you see or feel and is available to Make use of it either now or 4eve. You can not just love mary kaka if you have not seen her. Nothing like True love.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by ollyboy009(m): 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
the problem with many people is knowing what true love is, what it entails and differentiating it from other love look-alikes.
i believe you can truly love many people at a given period of time but when it comes to picking one as your partner,they've got to be put on a preference scale of desired qualities
You get that right bro.........there are plenty of BRT in lagoz (lol) but only one of them can take you home.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by boborosky(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
The truth is this.
If true love really exists, then u can find it as many times as possible only if u open ur heart to love again after going tru those negativities of love. D choice is urs, open ur heart, forget d past, embrace love once again and all ur wounds will heal. Its a rare tin sha.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by VIKLEX(m): 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
True love cannot be described by mere words, it must be experienced to be understood. People bandy the word about every day without understanding it's true meaning.
Separation is an inconceivable concept for two people in love. Love is the very reason we exist but unfortunately most of us have closed ourselves up to it, hence the general disbelief and scorn exhibited by a lot of people when 'love' is mentioned. Let me put it this way; you have never truly lived until you have truly loved.
It may be possible to find another soul mate but I believe that will require a lot of patience because the foundation of love is spiritual compatibility.
I wish you well as you continue your search.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by http(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
I don't think so cos no one can ever love you except you love urself, pls learn to love yourself and from there u can find happiness... all this finding love, pls no one will give you love when u don't even know how loving oneself is.
Re: Finding True Love In A Lifetime: How Many Times? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
True love is hard to find in this our 9ja.
Without money you become a lovelorn lone wolf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

my E Crush / Why Do Most Girls Like Fair Boys / Male Prostitute Turned Cult Leader Shares Photos Of His Wives' Unclad Butts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.