Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

What Is Love Exactly? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Love Exactly? (1172 Views)

What Is Love! / Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? / What Is Love All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Love Exactly? by JayFK(m): 2:12am On Mar 04, 2008
When it is said to Love someone, what exactly does it mean? I mean sure, I feel a kind of fondness for my siblings and want to take care of them, I also feel attracted to women and all, even have sex with them, but The whole concept of "Love" just eludes me. I personally feel that whether a relationship works or not depends on a balance of needs, basically if the parties to the relationship have their needs satisfied, the relationship would be successful.
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by ariblaze(m): 4:57am On Mar 04, 2008
let me make an attempt here::::::::::

love

agape:is love between man and God(i belive)

love for siblings:::::would get back to you on that

love for you know who : is usually a combination of lust for the mind and lust for the body
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by TheSly: 5:24am On Mar 04, 2008
There is nothing like love no more
Even if there is. . . its very scarce and very hard to get!!
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by hammers(m): 11:06am On Mar 04, 2008
Love is one stupid thing peopel indulge in and does exist only in home videos. wink
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by Easybaby(f): 11:36am On Mar 04, 2008
LOVE exist only in home videos

Maybe, he was heartbroken! tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by holythug(m): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2008
bt do u tink dat love ting truly exist
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by kolaoloye(m): 11:46am On Mar 04, 2008
True LOVE exists but beware of LUST
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by olulu(m): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2008
God is Love
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by kolaoloye(m): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2008
@Poster,
LOVE means SACRIFICE i.e going the extra mile to whosoever is concerned
without looking out for any personal reward / recognition.
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by holythug(m): 12:50pm On Mar 04, 2008
i doubt it
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by bluehorizo(m): 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2008
Love is this overwhelming feeling that comes over you. It gives you butterflies and make you want to be with the loved one. Love is when you think of the loved one all the time. You yearn to be with him/her or hear his/her voice when he/she is absent. It makes you long for his/her touch.Love is caring and adorable. Overall, it brings you joy and happiness and life is meaningless without TRUE love.Love is real. ONE LOVE KEEPS US TOGETHER
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by Easybaby(f): 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2008
holythug:

i doubt it

lol cheesy grin grin
continue doubting tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by holythug(m): 1:12pm On Mar 04, 2008
oh. . . she is ready to prove me wrong
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by JayFK(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2008
bluehorizo:

Love is this overwhelming feeling that comes over you. It gives you butterflies and make you want to be with the loved one. Love is when you think of the loved one all the time. You yearn to be with him/her or hear his/her voice when he/she is absent. It makes you long for his/her touch.Love is caring and adorable. Overall, it brings you joy and happiness and life is meaningless without TRUE love.Love is real. ONE LOVE KEEPS US TOGETHER

I dont think I've ever felt that emotion, lol that sounds more like a crush to me and we know definitely that a crush is not the same as Love.

Plus, I'm sure if we checked into it, most of couples that get divorced, could claim that emotion. Does that mean that Love isnt forever?
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by hammers(m): 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2008
99% ot d love i have seen are conditional, Y?

We all tend to use wat we have to get wat we want.

If i am not rich i can hardly get a lady's love

if u are not beautiful or do not hav certain qualities i may neva love u

So Where is d love?
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by holythug(m): 9:07am On Mar 05, 2008
yeah. . .wheres d love, let me guess
stuck sumwhere btw my tight ass grin
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by outlaws(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2008
cool

Besides the family,

Love is what you think it is. Is not the same for every body so there is no definite meaning for it. If you have experienced it you will know, if you have not then be patient and not go around messing up the ladies.
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by tRoOE(f): 7:54am On Mar 07, 2008
Love is the best thing in life kiss kiss kiss, without love there won't be happiness, without love this world will be so lonely.

The love between my God and I
Love between a mother and a child

Love between a father and his child

Love between sibling (my own father, don't know about anyone else)

Love between my husband to be and I

And the special love I have for my friends (not just any friends or even associate)

The love I have for every member of my family, I treat everyone equally like my brother and sister.

If i don't love these people i mentioned, my world would be full of sadness and sorrow

(
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by akdaz(m): 12:49pm On Mar 07, 2008
love simply means to give and forgive
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by chychy(f): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2008
give without xpecting
love unconditionally without xpecting
Re: What Is Love Exactly? by billboi(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2008
Love is what you think it is. Is not the same for every body so there is no definite meaning for it. If you have experienced it you will know, if you have not then be patient and not go around messing up the ladies.

Hommie, u are sooo riiigggghhhhttttt!!!
U will never know what love is until u experience it. I thought there was nuthin like love myself till it came my way and I've never recovered since then. When it hits u, believe me, u will have no answer to it cos its power is simply phenomenal. It will make you achieve the impossible.

The old dude in the M.Night Shaymalan thriller, "The Village", said "There is nothing like love. The whole world kneels in awe of it".

Nuthin more to say.

(1) (Reply)

A Sacrifice In The Name Of Love / He Wanted Me To Accompany Him And I Didn't, Now He's Mad / Should I Stay Or Leave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.