Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,573 members, 7,955,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:19 PM

Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? (5169 Views)

What Is A Good Reason To Have A Boyfriend Or Girlfriend? / Can You Love A Married Man? / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by nateone(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2006
Is Being Love Good Enough To Get Married

HI Nairalanders,

I will really like to know if being in love is a good reason to get married. Guys can get married to a girl when they are really in love but i don't thing the ladies will get married to a guy if they are in love thats if they have ever been in love. Something else must be attached before that.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by iffe(f): 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2006
ah ah dats not nice o, its a normal thing to marry who u are in love with for both sex. or am i not right abt dat
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by eveseh(f): 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2006
if u really love the person than u can,but i dont really know for now
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by trumic(m): 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2006
yeah, love shld be enugh for now sha except for some unfathomable reasons
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by hotangel2(f): 7:23pm On Jun 08, 2006
BEING IN LOVE is one of the best reasons to get married. Do u wanna marry someone u don't love?

And if you are in love at a tender age when you've not achieved anything, i don't think being in love is GOOD ENOUGh reason to get married. Love won't put food on the table oo.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by geniusmuyi(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2006
Hmmmmmmmm every one seems to have given the answer but i think there is more to marriage than the love factor (alone). You cant marry someone you dont love but sometime the wind of love can drift us to the wrong direction i mean sometimes we develop strong emotions for the wrong person even when we know it we cant just help loving that person. But rember LOVE IS BLIND BUT MARRIAGE IS AN EYE OPENER.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by laraba(f): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2006
geniusmuyi, great answer. I think so to. Love is a major factor but this marraige decision is a combination of so many factors. Very much like having a bow of vegetable salad and a bowl full of only lettuce. I'd go for the whole bowl of salad. What to u think?
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by desiree(f): 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2006
Love is one of the few reasons to get married but there other things you should consider alongside with love.
like the saying goes: don't marry becuase you can live with him/her but because you can't live without him/her
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by lunafish(f): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2006
I would marry for these three reasons together: Love, Compatibility (with each other and sexually) and Stability (financial and mental.)
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by onosranky: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2006
love is d first thing dat will bring 2 2gether but, its not d only reason 2 get married.it takes trust, believing in each other and peserverance , above all love love 2 get MARRIED.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by deen(m): 7:17pm On Jun 14, 2006
@lunafish
Hey! are u sure u will get luv,compatibility and stability in one pack. Think twice.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by lunafish(f): 10:27pm On Jun 14, 2006
@ deen
I'm not settling or less. Marriage is sacred and a chair needs ALL four legs to stand. If a man proposes and we only have three legs, I'll either wait or never say yes.

Ladies, aim high so you get the man you deserve.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by ToyM28(f): 1:21am On Jun 15, 2006
I would say, love should be d only reaon someone gets married, cuz true love prevals no matter wat.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by diddy4(m): 1:59am On Jun 15, 2006
<sacarsm>

nahhh, sex is d only reason to get married, what d hell is love? abeg forget love jo. if d person is good in bed, marry d person.

now, which other reason will make someone say "i do" if not love, is there any reason to say "i do".
i know that u gonn@ consider, d future and d kids and money matters and whatnot but the primary reason for walking down d aisle is LOVE. there is no other reason. except you're americans that marry just to have kids and cuzz of d divorce money. come on y'all,

sex is so so overrated. damn.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by babadee(m): 2:17am On Jun 15, 2006
Love should be the reason but todays definition of love (i think) is more complicated than rocket science. it now has all sorts of extras.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by sekratu411(f): 4:49am On Jun 15, 2006
love is not the only reason you get married
you can get married to me if my daddy -------mko
and money can buy love too. so add money and love together = married
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by socool1(f): 5:19am On Jun 15, 2006
lol sekratu411

and money can buy love too. so add money and love together = married
[quote][/quote]
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by habibat(f): 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2006
diddy4:

<sacarsm>

nahhh, sex is d only reason to get married, what d hell is love? abeg forget love jo. if d person is good in bed, marry d person.

dats not true, i guess ddiddy4 doesnt believe in love

bad bot grin grin grin grin

Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by habibat(f): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2006
ddiddy4 i bet u hav never loved a lady b4
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by Idekeson(m): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2006
NO.  Marriage is just a contract.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by ToyM28(f): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2006
ide, m sure u ve some kind of american mentality going on
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by diddy4(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2006
habibat:

ddiddy4 i bet u hav never loved a lady before

did u see d sarcasm above my post?
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by ToyM28(f): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2006
lol. maybe dey have bad eyesight.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by habibat(f): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2006
ToyM28:

lol. maybe dey have bad eyesight.
i guess u do 2 angry angry angry angry
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by diddy4(m): 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2006
habibat:

i guess u do 2 angry angry angry angry

nahh, she doesnt cuzz she saw it.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by labbylove: 5:32pm On Jun 15, 2006
itz very good to marry someone ur in love with if not every day after marriage u both will behave like cat and dog
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by deen(m): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2006
i still believe luv should be the major reason.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by eslynera(f): 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2006
@topic, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?? then if it's not love that makes two become one, what is it??
knowin eachova for long?? just likin eachova??
NO, IT'S SIMPLE N CLEAR. tongue
LOVE!!!, IT'S LOVE kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by sanbabat(m): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2006
i think love is not a reason to get married but to get married is a reason to love because u can get married and love the person as time goes on. cos most people that get married were not actually in love b4 they were married but they think they are in love.

So get married and love whoever u are married to.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by ify2love2(f): 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2006
No, love is not a good reason to get married. When there is no food on the table will there be peace despite there is love. Apart from sex which keeps marriage the next important thing should be means of livelihood to sustain the LOVE.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by Bamiprof(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2006
I don't know about anything else that marriage is based on except love.U need it to have a sucessful marriage.
Re: Is Love A Good Reason To Get Married? by justme3(m): 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2006
marraige is an agreement btw 2 ppl u just make sure u know wat u want and make sure d other person knows wat u want u dn't necessarily ve 2 be in luv but dat doesn't mean i m anti -luv

(1) (2) (Reply)

Causes Of Delayed Marriage: Find Out Ladies Or / My Open Love Letter To Marieolae! / If Your Husband Does These 15 Things, He’s The BEST Husband Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.