Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration (20553 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by ifihearam: 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
MAJOR ECONOMIC ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE JONATHAN ADMINISTRATION

The Economy

Improvement in Economic Indices - In October 2011 International Ratings agency, Fitch Ratings revised the country’s Outlook upwards from Negative to Stable.

Standard and Poor’s another internationally respected and independent ratings agency, revised Nigeria's ratings from stable to Positive.

Signing into law the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill 2010 (Local Content Bill) which has increased Local Content in the Oil and Gas sector.

Ø As a direct result of that law Royal Dutch Shell awarded a N7.8 billion ($49.9 million) contract to a Nigerian firm, S.C.C Limited, for the manufacture of high pressure line pipes that would otherwise have been awarded to a foreign firm.

Ø As a result of this law, Exxon Mobil awarded an off shore platform contract to a local firm, NigerDockNig. PLC that would otherwise have been awarded to a foreign firm.

Initiating the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF). A seed capital of $1 billion was provided to kick start the fund as well as establish three sub funds- the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund; the Future Generations Fund and the Stabilization Fund which will be the pillars of the SWF.

Launched the Youth Enterprise with innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) initiative on the 11th October 2011 which is the administration's job creation centre piece.

Ø On Thursday April 12, 2012, 1,200 Nigerian youths emerged winners of the competition following a transparent process. Each winner receives a business start up grant of between 1 to 10 million Naira.

Foreign exchange reserves rose to $37.02bn by May 14, 2012, the highest level in 21 months.

On March 29th, 2011, The UK Government in London described Nigeria as the fourth fastest growing economy in the world.

On February 13 2012, President Goodluck Jonathan launched the Public Works Women and Youth Empowerment Programme, an intervention programme designed to employ 370,000 youths in the year 2012 with 30% of those jobs being reserved for women.

The Federal Government under President Jonathan has secured investment commitments worth 4.89 Trillion Naira.

Launched the NigComSat-1Rsatellite which will help expand Internet Bandwidth, monitor the weather and provide early warning to prevent natural disasters like floods, crop monitoring and urban planning. It has the attendant benefit of reducing the over $1 billion spent in purchasing Internet Bandwidth from abroad.

Nigeria’s banking industry rescued and stabilized by the establishment of the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) in the year 2010.

MasterCard made Nigeria its regional headquarters for its West/East and Indian Ocean islands zone raising the profile of Nigeria’s e-commerce industry.

Nigeria’s GDP grew by a record 8.29% during the last quarter of 2010 and by over 7% in 2011. In the first quarter of 2012 Nigeria had verifiably become the fourth fastest growing economy in the world as recently attested to by several multilateral bodies and trading partners.

Revival of the Textile industry via the 150 billion Naira Textile Industry Bailout. As a result the United Nigerian Textile Limited was reactivated amongst others and 2000 employees re-engaged.

Non oil exports from 2010 (standing at $2.3 Billion) and subsequent years are ten times what they were in 2000 (which were $200 Million) as a direct result of this administration’s intervention in the Textile Industry and Real Sector.

6 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by ifihearam: 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
In less than 3years as the president,please give the president a break in no distance time Nigeria will be a dream come true.

6 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by slimming: 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
ok o
Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by takedat(m): 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Well done, GEJ's choir of praise-singers! For government to exist, it must be present in your life. All these are paper achievements!

14 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Maxymilliano(m): 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jonathan is not faring badly considering the serious security challenge that besets his administration, and which made him the first President to experience almost 50 unwarranted, unprecedented bombings of churches, primary schools, university campuses, drinking parlors, viewing centers after his swearing-in.

This alone is enough to distract any purposeful government from achieving basic macro economic goals.

The cost of doing business in Nigeria is said to be high, the attendant implication of this is general increase in price of goods and services, but to get a proper assessment of the economic achievement of Jonathan, there's the need to evaluate critically some major reforms currently embarked upon by this administration and the economic impact.

The reforms in the aviation sector which brought about remodeling of major airports across the country, this will go a long way in opening up the nation airport to willing investors once it comes on stream. Full employment is one the basic macro economic principles and this initiative will in no small ways help the unemployment situation in the country.

The revamping of the comatose rail haulage and transportation system is also another boost to the economy. The rail haulage system will go a long way in lowering costs borne by companies to transport their products to different part of the country, this will no doubt bring about price reduction and stability.

The Power sector reforms is already yielding verifiable output and should not be discounted. The multiplier effect of stable power supply can't be overemphasized as virtually all sectors of the economy will be good for it. The current tempo should be sustained and it will be a pat on the back for the president if 10,000 Mega watts can be achieved by December as stated by an aide to the president, it will be a sign of good things to come.

The Nation Port is also not left out of reforms. Few years ago, it was on record that iit takes an average of 33 days for imported goods to get cleared, but the President ordered it to be reduced to 48 hours with all unnecessary administrative bottlenecks and paper works to be computerized. If this is not an achievement with positive impact on the economy, I wondered what it is.

To be continue...

11 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by truth4meal(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2013
seriously can we just put this "major" achievements of GEJ in variance with that of Buhari in less than two years - maybe major achievements will have a proper meaning because so far these listed "achievements" is nothing but crumbs.

10 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by goodmike7: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
This will not make home page but if its a negative write up it will,am beginning to suspect seun and his moderators,you might be a major media detractor to this present administration.

2 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by goodmike7: 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
truth4meal: seriously can we just put this "major" achievements of GEJ in variance with that of Buhari in less than two years - maybe major achievements will have a proper meaning because so far these listed "achievements" is nothing but crumbs.

Who is buhari? A name of a dog or terrorist?

4 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by CyberG: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
Deception and lies. Retardinho 40 lapdogs licking shaite@ work!

7 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jonathan surrounded himself with mediocres like Okonjo Iweala when people like Pat Utomi is there.

Jonathan surrounded himself with liars, thieves and 40 lap dogs. Now we have a new low for non performance. Depending on hypothetical reports instead of simply coming out of aso rock to the Nigeria that isn't feeling the effect of those damn reports..

4 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
Have the anti-gej crew not seen this thread?
Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
This Ify guy and his other 40laptop goats should organise an event at any market place in Nigeria and present these as achievement to the people.

10 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by ifihearam: 12:04am On Jan 24, 2013
CyberG: Deception and lies. Retardinho 40 lapdogs licking shaite@ work!

Mugu

1 Like

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Clerverly: 12:09am On Jan 24, 2013
Akuko Mike Ejeano angry angry angry However OP, I know you are just trying to be funny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by ifihearam: 12:13am On Jan 24, 2013
Kamanda: This Ify guy and his other 40laptop goats should organise an event at any market place in Nigeria and present these as achievement to the people.

You are a cow
Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 24, 2013
ifihearam:

You are a cow

Offcourse,your displays here on NL exposes you and your other 'names' as a shameless paid agent of the presidency.

Heartless,Rotten Maggot.

Folks like you should be dragged on the streets naked,beaten,hung upside down and burnt.Bombaklat.

6 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Onlinebiz2012: 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by ITbomb(m): 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2013
The only people hating the Presido are those chop and go politicians that don't want to prepare for the future prosperity of Nigeria.
It's been long since we had a sincere leader.

4 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Parnassuss(m): 4:41pm On Jan 24, 2013
Its a simple question of 'how has Gej's tenure positively affected you?'

my answer is 'it hasn't.' No beef, just fact.

7 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
All these hard-earned achievements has been upturned by the recent spate of Insecurity incidents, Internal Political Strife, Religious Conflicts and Terrorism, Rising Unemployment, Kidnappings etc.. Fitch is looking to revise their ratings, abi you have not heard

2 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by tomakint: 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
Call me azz licker, I don't bloody care, This Jonathan (my beloved President in whom I am well pleased) is working!

2 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Willy7(m): 4:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
When sycophancy and mediocrity goes unchecked,it results to this.May God deliver Nigeria from sycophancy.May God direct and help GEJ to do the right things and break him loose from retards,mediocres and sycophants.God bless us all

4 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by muktarmtt(m): 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
goodmike7:

Who is buhari? A name of a dog or terrorist?
Na ur papa b dog jack ass, walahi if u deu infront of me ryt I will break my size 8 foot on ur ass.

3 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by tomakint: 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
Kamanda:

Offcourse,your displays here on NL exposes you and your other 'names' as a shameless paid agent of the presidency.

Heartless,Rotten Maggot.

Folks like you should be dragged on the streets naked,beaten,hung upside down and burnt.Bombaklat.
Son, I am tossing you a challenge, kindly name one person that will 'fix' Nigeria if Jonathan is that bad, according to you!
Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by obitrac: 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
Who is pat utomi to ngozi okonjo iweala. No go there

1 Like

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by ifihearam: 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
muktar mtt: Na ur papa b dog jack ass, walahi if u deu infront of me ryt I will break my size 8 foot on ur ass.

What's your own??
Is buhari any different from what he called him?

2 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by hrmkz: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
All said and done, we no want GEJ after expiration of this tenure. Gbam!!!

5 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by tomakint: 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2013
muktar mtt: Na ur papa b dog jack ass, walahi if u deu infront of me ryt I will break my size 8 foot on ur ass.
Another "Almanjiri" in the house, always violent whenever they are given the chance to defend their points undecided

3 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Willy7(m): 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2013
Parnassuss: Its a simple question of 'how has Gej's tenure positively affected you?'

my answer is 'it hasn't.' No beef, just fact.
Honestly my brother that is the one million dollar question the sycophants cant even ask themselves.I dont believe Nigerians are so daft and insensitive not to notice any development or stride if seen.When power increased a bit during d Barth Nnaji tenure as minister,majority of the populace attested to it and i felt it too,but then when things nosedived we should be able to tell ourselves d truth.All this achievements they keep listing here everyday,please where are they happening?Is it in Liberia or Algeria?because the average Nigerian on the street is not feeling any changes and to some it has bcom worse.Nigerians need feasible and physical improvements and developments,not invisible projects and achievements.GEJ has what it takes to succeed and i sincerely pray he does,but for now he hasnt even started.

6 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by tomakint: 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2013
hrmkz: All said and done, we no want GEJ after expiration of this tenure. Gbam!!!
So who do you want now, give me name(s), I am waiting cool
Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by SisiKill1: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
Guess the goal here is to tell the lie often enough hoping people start believing it.

3 Likes

Re: Major Economic Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan Administration by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 24, 2013
enough of this GEJ this, GEJ that...una no dey tire?

This thread will end up with insults, hidden posts and bans on moniker.

We keep seeing threads with atrocities of GEJ and the achievements of GEJ and yet someone else will open a new thread to either criticize or praise GEJ in upcoming weeks.

The most painfull part is that this identical threads keeps hitting the front page week after week just to garner traffic, no thanks to MODS...mtcheeeeeeeeeewwww!!!

wey that toto dacay sel?f..she should be fast and commit one scandal that will hit the front page o jare

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ramadan: APC Deputy National Chairman Distributes ₦100 Million Cash (Photos) / Wike Sponsors Dandy Boy's Brain Tumor Surgery / APC NWC Approves New National Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.