Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World (4637 Views)

Soldiers Remove Veil From Muslim In Lagos‎ - The whistle / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by akintun: 11:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
Chei dis woman fall Lagos hand oooo. After interviewing d president, she now had d liver to abuse my beautiful Lagos state.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 12:51am On Jan 24, 2013
If na me talk am now you go begin abuse ojukwu and co.

6 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by hollandis(f): 12:56am On Jan 24, 2013
She never said it .Did you watch it ? Watch the video again and stop carrying false hood

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23/nigeria-battles-to-stop-spread-of-al-qaeda-chaos-in-africa/

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by jmaine: 1:43am On Jan 24, 2013
hollandis: She never said it .Did you watch it ? Watch the video again and stop carrying false hood

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/23/nigeria-battles-to-stop-spread-of-al-qaeda-chaos-in-africa/

Yes she did say it, but it was after the interview session with Mr President . . . .

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by NSNA: 2:44am On Jan 24, 2013
She too is ug-a-ly
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by 1k001(m): 3:31am On Jan 24, 2013
I find it unliveable
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by MrGlobe(m): 6:03am On Jan 24, 2013
is it a lie? Let our SW brothers keep overating Lagos - The world's biggest slum. If we say it, they call us tribalists, wonder what they will call Christina. The people that love living a lie.

3 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Maxymilliano(m): 7:03am On Jan 24, 2013
This piece of news won't go down well with some peeps here but how does she arrives at such conclusion?

Won't be surprise if same peeps who applauded her for putting Jonathan on the hot seat now turn around to condemn her for daring to rate Lagos as the 3rd most unlivable city in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2013
We don't need an Amanpour to tell us what we already know. Their so-called "Mega City" is a ridiculous sham; a stillborn project. The city's inhabitants know this, and the rest of the world also know this.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 24, 2013
Even fashola knows that.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Kairoseki77: 8:24am On Jan 24, 2013
Maxymilliano: This piece of news won't go down well with some peeps here but how does she arrives at such conclusion?

Won't be surprise if same peeps who applauded her for putting Jonathan on the hot seat now turn around to condemn her for daring to rate Lagos as the 3rd most unlivable city in the world.

I found the source: this ranking comes from the Economist Intelligence Unit's Livability Report

If Lagos is the most developed city in Nigeria, and it is still the third most unlivable big city in the world. What does that say about the rest of Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Bigflamie(m): 8:44am On Jan 24, 2013
It was why Rosay did one of his songs video in d slum called Lagos. So pathetic that people are still overrating the state, only the noise pollution, congestion and even untidy environment can send one into his early grave.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 24, 2013
Why are people so bent on making Lagos look bad. Is that the only way you can feel good about your own backward states.

CNN will only see what they want to see. Believe me if they decide to paint Dubai as a slum, they will find a wy of bringing its worst parts to your screens.

Lagos is not a world class city yet, but the government is trying its best . Isn't that what we want?

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Tolexander: 8:48am On Jan 24, 2013
The city is unlivable, Yet the people are happy. Suffering and smiling. What a paradoxical paradox!
As unlivable as it is, some people still struggle to pack themselves in millions to Lagos everyday from their Villages just because they see it as the safest haven.

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2013
lucenzo: If na me talk am now you go begin abuse ojukwu and co.

Bros, Chill. They don't know what foreigners feel about Lagos.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Goddex: 9:37am On Jan 24, 2013
Amanpour

did not say anything new, we already know it. Some peeps that have
never travelled out of South West will disagree with Amanpour.

So pathetic for a state that the allknowing ACN have ruled for 14yrs.
Common pipeborne water which is the sole responsibility of the state
government remains a luxury in lagos 14yrs after, yet what some peeps on NL only know is to point fingers at Abuja.

5 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by seanet01: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2013
Useless amanpour. She thinks the world starts and end with her.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 24, 2013
Lagos has got to be the most horrible city in Nigeria. Everything is thrice as difficult. After having lived for a while in major cities in the east and the north , Lagos was a really rude shock to me. And lagosians make lame excuses like 'you'll get used to it, you'll get bored if you go back after having stayed in lagos'. Jeez! Lagos is fucking horrible!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Goddex: 10:01am On Jan 24, 2013
@Bludeville,

Yea . . . someone here just asked everyone to chill that once you learn how to live in lagos there will be no city in the world you cannot
live. What a lame excuse for bad governance! Tinubu in particular wasted 8 good years.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by TechRev: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2013
Michaeljones36:

I found the source: this ranking comes from the Economist Intelligence Unit's Livability Report

If Lagos is the most developed city in Nigeria, and it is still the third most unlivable big city in the world. What does that say about the rest of Nigeria?

My dear rating lagos as the third most unlivable city in the world didn't say "excluding other Nigerian cities".
If lagos is the most unlivable city in the world, its also the most unlivable city in Nigeria. You actually needed Amanpour to tell you guys your overrating lagos!

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 24, 2013
TechRev:

My dear rating lagos as the third most unlivable city in the world didn't say "excluding other Nigerian cities".
If lagos is the most unlivable city in the world, its also the most unlivable city in Nigeria. You actually needed Amanpour to tell you guys your overrating lagos!
Dont mind him, i guess he assumes that other cities in Nigeria are 'outside the world'.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Kairoseki77: 10:34am On Jan 24, 2013
TechRev:

The report looks at 140 cities that are "business centers". Then it ranks them from most livable (Melbourne, Australia) to most unlivable (Dhaka, Bangladesh).

Lagos is the only Nigerian city that the Economist thought was a global business center, so it is the only Nigerian city that made it onto the list. Think -> if there was another Nigerian city that ranked higher, Amanpour would have mentioned it.

2 Likes

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by MrGlobe(m): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2013
Bludeville:
Dont mind him, i guess he assumes that other cities in Nigeria are 'outside the world'.
grin grin
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by TechRev: 10:48am On Jan 24, 2013
In 2011 lagos was fourth most unlivable city in the world. In 2012 Lagos became the third most unlivable city in the world. In 2013, ... who knows where Lagos is aiming to ...
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by jmaine: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Bludeville: Lagos has got to be the most horrible city in Nigeria. Everything is thrice as difficult. After having lived for a while in major cities in the east and the north , Lagos was a really rude shock to me. And lagosians make lame excuses like 'you'll get used to it, you'll get bored if you go back after having stayed in lagos'. Jeez! Lagos is fucking horrible!!!!

Ironical that excuse you call lame is the truth . . .as beautiful, clean and serene as Calabar is ..I always yearn for the buzzy Eko life style after spending a few days there

The boredom was the cause ... ..
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Afam4eva(m): 11:01am On Jan 24, 2013
Even though we can agree that Fashola has done his bit to make Lagos a little more liveable but that does not take away the fact that most parts of Lagos and full of ghettos and slums. It's not only those major roads in high brow areas in lagos that are Lagos. Go into the streets that connect these roads and see the real Lagos. I wonder why we keep lying to ourselves.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Afam4eva(m): 11:03am On Jan 24, 2013
jmaine:

Ironical that excuse you call lame is the truth . . .as beautiful, clean and serene as Calabar is ..I always yearn for the buzzy Eko life style after spending a few days there

The boredom was the cause ... ..
Lagos is the businest and the most bubbly city in Nigeria and a lot of people like it for that. But that does not take away the fact that Lagos is unlivable. But people will keep living there because there are no alternatives. Though Abuja and PH kinda comes a little bit close but PH is equally a slum too. I wish we could have a city with the busy life of Lagos as clean as Calabar, Enugu or Abuja.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 24, 2013
That's her bloody business..there's nothing they won't say,first,it was nigerians are the happiest people,later we became the saddest,now lagos is unliveable..mssschheww!!
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by ow11(m): 11:16am On Jan 24, 2013
Lagos is like the proverbial one-eyed king in the land of the blind. That he can see does NOT in anyway imply that he has 20-20 vision. In other words, Lagos is a one-eyed king and that eye is glaucoma infested. This means that the other Nigerian cities can't even begin to compete with Lagos.

For Lagos Lovers, A liveable city should NOT be one

a. Without electricity

b. Without Water supply

c. Poor Sanitation

d. Horrendous transportation services and links

e. Monster traffic. I am not sure a 12km commute in 3 hours is an ideal place to live. The average walking speed of a human is 3.5km/h and leisure bike riding is 12km/h.(do the maths)

Deal with it, Nigeria's business hub is a very uncomfortable place to live in BUT it wouldn't be like this forever.

1 Like

Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by takedat(m): 11:16am On Jan 24, 2013
Bi oju ko 't eyin Igbeti, oju ko le t' Eko!

(If the lagoons, waterways and marshy terrains where profitable activities are carried out are not disgraced, Lagos can never be disgraced by anyone)!
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by teskyg: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2013
Hahahaha.see bashing,were are all these Lagos laptop Dogs,Eko nile,Seanet 01,pls,respond.Your much revered city is under attacked.
Re: Amanpour Calls Lagos The Third Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr. Globe:
is it a lie? Let our SW brothers keep overating Lagos - The world's biggest slum. If we say it, they call us tribalists, wonder what they will call Christina. The people that love living a lie.
yes, it is a slum but thank goodness it exists.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chibok Girls: Kcee Embarrassed In America / Buhari Rally: Get Out Of Ekiti "In Your Own Interest" DSS Warns Fayose / Oyo 2019: A Crack In Tinubu's Priceless Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.