Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight (19402 Views)

5 Questions Nigerians Want Amanpour To Ask Buhari / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by DExplorer1: 9:11am On Jan 23, 2013
That's right! Christiane Amanpour, one of the world's most honored broadcast journalist must be digging deep at the moment as she gets ready to interview the President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan.

Confirming what seem like a rumour, she tweeted on her twitter page @camanpour
"My interview with President Goodluck Jonathan of #Nigeria will air at 2100 & 2300 local Nigerian time on Wednesday night. @cnni"

Known for her bluntness and brutal confrontation, the interview tonight is said to be a moment of revelation as President Jonathan goes under the pressure of the prolific CNN broadcaster.

Many people has shown concern about the impact of the interview on Nigerians, and to observe some of Amanpour's tweets - "After Mali and Algeria, can #Nigeria get a grip on its own Islamic militant group? I'll ask NIGERIAN PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN Wednesday!"

One might be quick to say that she's getting Mr. President ready for the hot seat. Whichever way it is, many are of the opinion that the credibility of Amonpour cannot in any way permit a staged interview.

Reactions all around the world affirms that tonight is truly going to be a hot seat moment as they tweet

@nnamdiarea
Christine Amanpour messes with Presidents who have 6 times Pres. Jonathan's intelligence and exposure level. This won't end well o...

@TheBlackHermit
Amanpour is going to eat Jonathan alive.

@Moh_Nah
GEJ won't have it easy with Christiane Amanpour but,seeing as she's already stating her questions...

Even as i patiently await the broadcast of this interview, it's obvious that there will be answer to questions on the mind of Nigerians. Amonpour has been an expert in placing the bigwigs at the edge of their seat, is this gonna be any different?

2100 & 2300 local Nigerian time is the showdown.

Here's D-Explorer reporting for Nairaland Forum grin

4 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2013
Shey d interview qo chanqe 9ja situation?.....mtcheeeew...abeg make i hear word

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Chanchit: 11:09am On Jan 23, 2013
Hmmm, GEJ go kalolo today, he better go with madam to break down some questions for bros.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by BedLam: 11:15am On Jan 23, 2013
seriously, I would'v loved to watch this. I can only imagine abati fidgeting........anyway roll up your sleeves president!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by wesley8: 11:18am On Jan 23, 2013
Very Brave of GEJ regardless of the outcome. You wanted him on Hardtalk but he's gone a level ahead, Now who's the wussie? Lets go there!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by blacksta(m): 11:24am On Jan 23, 2013
I doubt the discussion topics are going to be about the current state of affairs in Nigeria. I believe the interview will focused on the ongoing military exercise in Mali hence the reason why GEJ wants to interview

2 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 23, 2013
Jona in the one chance

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by ypzilanti: 11:36am On Jan 23, 2013
The questions are going to be terrorism related, so he will have a sympathetic interview. If it is interview about the Nigerian condition, I will only conclude that he unwittingly just walked into a minefield.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by musiwa12: 11:40am On Jan 23, 2013
i believe Christiane Amanpour is not going to give goodluck any problem.. she is not going to ask goodluck any good question but what will make goodluck look good.. that what i believe from her previous interview

no matter what ever goodluck say, majority of nigerian want him out as president. he has not be fair to majority. running bias govt. in allocation..

Isha Sesay was better asking the right question. Amanpour only made goodluck look good, by not asking right question the last time.

why is this picture, because what you people report does not tally with the people.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-FXbk-DQNnXY/Tw2CyuRM70I/AAAAAAAAAYs/Ey1Y_NRZK2c/s1600/214386-occupy-nigeria-prostests.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by wesley8: 11:43am On Jan 23, 2013
musiwa12: i believe Christiane Amanpour is not eating no goodluck.. she is not going to ask goodluck any good question but what will make goodluck look good.. that what i believe from her previous interview

no matter what ever goodluck say, majority of nigerian want him out as president. he has not be fair to majority. running bias govt. in allocation..

Isha Sesay was better asking the right question. Christiane Amanpour only made goodluck look good, by not asking right question the last time.
And how does the village nutter define "right questions"?
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by anorue401: 11:44am On Jan 23, 2013
Can wait, to c d woman who aired Rwandan genocide..... cool
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by musiwa12: 11:50am On Jan 23, 2013
village nutter i laugh . i dont think you know i am smarter than goodluck which you want to interview. you underrate me..

so she aired Rwandan genocide. i see. then why as she not interview me to get the correct story..

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by miiraaj: 11:51am On Jan 23, 2013
O Lord! Give our president an hour Wisdom and intelligence for tonight's interview so as not to put this beloved country into shame. Thank you Lord!

6 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 23, 2013
E Don Be For Naija Be Dat Na!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by wesley8: 11:58am On Jan 23, 2013
^ You neva pray make you fit pass JAMB this year you dey pray for person.

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by surveyProf(m): 11:58am On Jan 23, 2013
I do hope the questions have been given to Mr. President ahead of time!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Gehn gehn!!!!! Action film
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nonybb: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
Let him carry madam dame patience too. Shes a comedian of english grammar

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
We should have known about this a little while ago, so we could send her probing questions, which she could draw a shortlist from + her own questions!!!!!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by musiwa12: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
where is he going to get the intelligence from, you make me laugh.. why not ask him to show you his bank account..
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by ypzilanti: 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
miiraaj: O Lord! Give our president an hour Wisdom and intelligence for tonight's interview so as not to put this beloved country into shame. Thank you Lord!

Why are you panicking? GEJ is not crazy enough to do attempt a 'state of the nation' interview with Amanpour. The questions will be restricted to Terrorism. If this is not the case, I will be sitting with my hand on my head as my country's president is slammed repetitively until security walks in and takes the mic away from Ms Amanpour.

I wonder what her research team would have told her about GEJ before interview. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by ifihearam: 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Well this is not the first time she is interviewing my presido and his excellency has no skeleton whatsoever,tonight is the night,you will all be amazed of his preparedness,he is a very intelligent man who approaches questions with utmost care and wisdom.

I just love GEJ,he is a father and a mentor indeed,little wonder everyone wants to be associated with him.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Afam4eva(m): 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Has Amanpour given him the expo?
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
cool so NTA crew no fit do d interview? If I be GEJ I go fake ankel injury to victor mosses is giving me sleepless night so I no fit talk hoha
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by vizboy(m): 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Somethimg to watch out for
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Naijalastborn(m): 12:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
Please which time exactly in Nigeria, I will like to watch it
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by musiwa12: 12:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
you call me a village nutter ?? what are you going to call goodluck.. jungle nutter..
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yeee gbele o!!!! This will be better than watching Sanyeri in action grin. I hope Abati and Okupe are preparing their defences already.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by ifihearam: 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
musiwa12: where is he going to get the intelligence from, you make me laugh.. why not ask him to show you his bank account..

Your father must be wole soyinka abi
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Flye: 12:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
I felt insulted when one tweeter tweeted that she is 6x integent and exposed than my president, that is an insult to the whole nation an we never see that as nonsense. Well i don't blame him/her cos that is how we disrespect each other including our leaders

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn / EFCC Begins Manhunt For Ugonna Madueke / Saraki Lands At Ilorin International Airport, Warmly Welcomed - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.