Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (20977 Views)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali / The Fallacies Of Saudi Arabia’s Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 26, 2013
An intresting read, thought provoking.

Why can't African leaders reason beyond looting of public funds.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 2:17am On Jan 26, 2013
val_dee: An intresting read, thought provoking.

Why can't African leaders reason beyond looting of public funds.

they are fully aware of whats going on but they havent got the balls to challenge america and europe.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Chongaiman: 2:18am On Jan 26, 2013
To digress, this caught my attention:
NSNA: . . .Gaddafi was going to . . . . introduce a gold diner currency that can not be devalued. . .

I wonder how feasible this would have been, what with the Bretton Woods system of monetary management . . .
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by nameo: 2:22am On Jan 26, 2013
The guy is obviously an Ideologue. Dont pay much attention to him
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by NSNA: 2:22am On Jan 26, 2013
I was been sarcastic about America saving Africa from Europe.

What Africa needs to do as a matter of urgency is to break the borders. Africa will never be taken seriously until they do this. Even European countries are shying away from using individual countries name and they prefer to use West Africa, North Africa etc

African relationship between countries before the Arab spring was the best ever.

Now they have strange people leading them in the North Africa that the rest of Africa really do not know.

They are moving into the West using Mali as an excuse.

They [size=15pt]really really badly[/size] want to come for Nigeria hence the Boko Haram that no one knows who is funding them.

Also Hilary Clinton as to leave because it just does not fit for her to be handling pending issues.

did you know that Obama throughout is 4 years only visited Ghana for just a few hours and Egypt for some Arab whatever talks.

Obama cannot be seen friendly with Africa because of what they are planning to do. Things they cannot do to a friend.

The keyword to Africa success and strength is Unification, and this is a talk that [size=18pt]Nigeria and South Africa[/size] need to sit down and sign pen to paper. All the west Africans will follow Nigeria's lead and all the Southerners will follow South Africa, Every country will join the majority so as not to be left out.

They really are planning on coming believe it on not.

China can actually stop this if they too pretend to be terror fighters and deploy 50,000 soldiers to Mali.

3 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 2:28am On Jan 26, 2013
NSNA: I was been sarcastic about America saving Africa from Europe.

What Africa needs to do as a matter of urgency is to break the borders.

African relationship between countries before the Arab spring was the best ever.

Now they have starange people leading them in the North Africa that the rest of Africa really do not know.

They [size=15pt]really really badly[/size] want to come for Nigeria hense the Boko Haram that no one knows who is funding them.

Also Hilary Clinton as to leave because she it just does not fit for her to be handling pending issues.

did you know

what is happening in africa now was predicted by this guy about 2 years ago - watch this and listen to what he says about "the big dominoes that will fall" - nigeria is mentioned as one of the dominoes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7iu-nAkqbU
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by aglomar: 8:50am On Jan 26, 2013
No wonder US & UK are in support.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by royalguru: 8:51am On Jan 26, 2013
WORD. All these islamist this and that are all fallacies. The west knows what the are doing.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 26, 2013
Arosa: There is nothing new here, the western world interest is very clear. The question is what do the majority of Malian people want, do they want the Islamist? Did Mali not ask for help for France and west Africa to oust the Islamist?

And by extension, if you have an AK 47 and hear your neighbor who lives just 3 blocks away shouting for help during a robbery attack; do you go and help or wait for the robbers to get to your house? Tough question!!

I hope ECOWAS will be duly compensated for their role in helping to bring peace to Mali cos there's no such thing as a free lunch.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Symphony007: 8:57am On Jan 26, 2013
Do padon my off point question but i'll like to know how i can start a thrend. Thank you!!
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by fittty(m): 9:03am On Jan 26, 2013
E be like say una don chop this morning undecided
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Reference(m): 9:11am On Jan 26, 2013
Said it time and time again. We have no business in Mali.We should not be the first in. Study the situation first and see how it develops. Intervene only when the combatants are exhausted or risk getting expended ourselves which not a few would love to see. They know the democracy thing is getting better in Nigeria, why the destabilization now. Why create scenarios that will elevate military consciousness. GEJ perhaps has bitten into a sour apple here. Let's see how this plays out but to me our borders are the furthest I would permit our troops to stray.

A footnote. May our politicians keep our military as far away from these western agents as possible or else.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by seanet01: 9:11am On Jan 26, 2013
Dede1: Africans are lazy, sentimental and deluded bunch of scallywags. It does not take a Belgian MP Laurent Louis to realize that the debacle in Mali is international neo-colonial plot. Any African who is afraid to deconstruct the 1884 European partition of Africa does not deserve a liter of air.
Agreed!
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by ilogbe(m): 9:13am On Jan 26, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]

The war in mali is non of our business, they careless about what we are going through...

Its been two months and five days since the students of University of Abuja were unceremoniously asked to go home and the University was shut down due to student unrest over students protest as to the non-accreditation of certain courses. It would be the second time in 2012 alone that the institution would be shut down over the same issue. Now, we are in the last days January 2013, the school is yet to re-open and worst of all, there is no word from school authorities as to any date of resumption, let alone exams.
The protests which began on Monday, 19th November 2012, which was the scheduled date for the commencement of the University's second semester exams, was ignited mainly by aggrieved students of the Faculty of Engineering due to non-accreditation of the engineering courses which has been ignored for long. The protest began on the main campus and quickly spread to the mini-campus in Gwagwalada where other students joined in, lamenting over poor learning conditions and infrastructure.

These protests continued the next day, with the students barricading the Lokoja-Abuja expressway. Security operatives had to be called in to take charge of the situation, and on the 21st of November 2012, the school was shutdown by a circular from the office of the University's Registrar. Members of the Nigerian Army were then called in to evict the students out of the hostels, having them scampering away in different directions, with two cases of female students being beaten mercilessly by the soldiers.

University of Abuja turned 25 on January 1st, 2013, but it is sad to say that the deplorable state and the latest trouble beguiling the institution is hardly anything to roll out the drums to celebrate a silver jubilee. Burdened by the constant strikes, both internal and general, mal-administration, and inadequate monitoring, the institution has known little or no development in its 25-year existence.

Unfortunately, the students have been the ones to bear the brunt of such mis-governance. In an attempt to lessen this, the students of University of Abuja took to Social Media Network - Twitter to raise these long-unanswered questions.

The aim of these visibly aggrieved students was to tweet about the apparent aimlessness of the University, ask for precise dates of resumption and 2nd semester exams for the 2011/2012 academic year and generally, not to be taken for granted. Armed with the hash tag #UnibujaInPeril and constant mentions of Reno Omokri @renoomokri (Special Adviser to the President on New Media), Reuben Abati and Federal Ministry of Information, their goal was clear; to get their voices heard and to get the ear of the government.

Tweets like:

"I have slept 30years worth of sleep from December till date, thanks to Unibuja...I don tire #UnibujaInPeril"

"1 word: FRUSTRATED. 1 slogan: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. 1 Wish: TO SEE A BETTER UNIABUJA. Is that too much to ask? #UnibujaInPeril

"We fight for Admission, fight for seats, fight for grades, now we are fighting to continue fighting. #UnibujaInPeril

"We are tired of being left in the 'Streets', we want to be in our lecture rooms!!! #UnibujaInPeril"

These students have suffered for too long. They were driven out like refugees from their hostels by soldiers, not because they were being naughty, but because they were not given their bread and they asked for it.

This today is the plight of Students of the University of Abuja. We want to go back to school, we want to have a better education, we DO NOT want our futures consumed in this idle stay at home.

Let The Government Come To Our Rescue.

@CzarArchie

Follow - @LOLMAGAZIN - @JohannesMathews - @UNIBUJAinPeril - @gabriel_isei For live updates and RTs.

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 26, 2013
nameo:
The guy is obviously an Ideologue. Dont pay much attention to him

But Africans should believe what their former western slave-masters tell them right ?

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by NegroNtns(m): 9:17am On Jan 26, 2013
take dat: That is why some have attributed the rise in terrorism in Northern Nigeria to State failure to address the needs of the people. Foreign intervention is always the last resort and the fall out of humanitarian crisis that will accompany such intervention in Nigeria will also make the West to tread softly on this BH issue. there are still amicable ways to contain the islamists in Nigeria since it has a political colouration added to it unlike Mali where it is strictly religion coupled with ethnic and seperatist tensions.

you are pushing an abstract thinking that is totally irreconciliable with reality on ground. to say boko is not religious but political is kinda like saying mend is religious, not political or massob is religious and not political.

when will boko become religious, when they occupy most of the country?

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by mu2sa2: 9:20am On Jan 26, 2013
And Jonathan was on CNN calling on the western countries to come and bomb nigerians in the name of fighting so-called terrorists. We hav repeatedly said here on NL that the govt is never interested in ending the revolt in parts of the north because the violence is a gold mine for corrupt top brass in the military and politicians. Imagine a poverty-stricken land budgeting one trillion naira for so-called defence! A greater chunk of that money goes straight into the pockets of powers that be while some ignoramus folks will be spewing insult on NL. They dont know that today it is NE, but tomorrow it will be the oil-producing communities now beginning their agitation- aonther theatre is about to open for JTF to go on a fresh round of killing innocent people!

4 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by aljharem(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2013
NSNA: I was been sarcastic about America saving Africa from Europe.

What Africa needs to do as a matter of urgency is to break the borders. Africa will never be taken seriously until they to this. Even European countries are shying away from using individual countries name and they prefer to use West Africa, North Africa etc

Now they have strange people leading them in the North Africa that the rest of Africa really do not know.

They [size=15pt]really really badly[/size] want to come for Nigeria hence the Boko Haram that no one knows who is funding them.

Also Hilary Clinton as to leave because it just does not fit for her to be handling pending issues.

did you know that Obama throughout is 4 years only visited Ghana for just a few hours and Egypt for some Arab whatever talks.

Obama cannot be seen friendly with Africa because of what they are planning to do. Things they cannot do to a friend.

The keyword to Africa success and strength is Unification, and this is a talk that [size=18pt]Nigeria and South Africa[/size] need to sit down and sign pen to paper. All the west Africans will follow Nigeria's lead and all the Southerners will follow South Africa, Every country will join the majority so as not to be left out.

They really are planning on coming believe it on not.

China can actually stop this if they too pretend to be terror fighters and deploy 50,000 soldiers to Mali.

south africa ? A white man country ! you think they would support africa to liberate themselves against the europeans and Americans ?

LOL, take a look at all Indigenous african multinationals, Multichoice, MTN, etc where do think they got the fundings, experience etc from ? South African ingenuity ? LOL

am not much of a fan of all this pan-african rubbish. Moreover Nigeria is NOT PART OF AFRICA. We are different, we just happen to be located in africa.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by aljharem(m): 9:22am On Jan 26, 2013
mu2sa2: And Jonathan was on CNN calling on the western countries to come and bomb nigerians in the name of fighting so-called terrorists. We hav repeatedly said here on NL that the govt is never interested in ending the revolt in parts of the north because the violence is a gold mine for corrupt top brass in the military and politicians. Imagine a poverty-stricken land budgeting one trillion naira for so-called defence! A greater chunk of that money goes straight into the pockets of powers that be while some ignoramus folks will be spewing insult on NL. They dont know that today it is NE, but tomorrow it will be the oil-producing areas now beginning their agitation- aonther theatre is about to open for JTF to go on a fresh round of killing innocent people!

+ 100000

Gbammmmmm Gbammmmm
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by beezman(m): 9:24am On Jan 26, 2013
JomoGbomo2: The major challenge of this generation and the ones to follow is HISTORY.
History, is defined as the story as told by the winning civilization.
And to make matter worse, the MEDIA is also owned by the winning civilization, sometimes I wonder what will be written about these wars after many years.
The word islamist fundamentalist is the other title for the bad dog.
Anyways, there are at least 3 sides to to a story...., one side, the other side and the truth (which may never be known)

true talk jomogbomo, for me i think all the histories of the world including the wars are all half truths,even our so called civil war.the media and their pple tell us what they wan us to hear and know.in mass communication there are gateways to information dissemination.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Vykiano(m): 9:25am On Jan 26, 2013
Being enjoyin d opinions n objections on dis trend,meanin nigeria av gud int'l relations scholars..

From wat i kw abt d war, Nigeria's interest in d war is best defined..bt for dat of france,twas for d gold n uranium in d country,futhermore,d 1st taureg militia wia sponsored by d french.

If i may ask,wia are d EU trained military trained in ds same mali,my pipo dia defected n join'd d islamist..d wars in libya n tunisia wia pro-west,even d 1 in syria,jst dat assad is defiant n i tink tis d best tin..

Look at Niger,wic d france colonialism is stil active,Niger produce most of d power france is using,bt Niger is stil in darkness..

D french came 4 economic gains,u wud see afta d war,french military base wil b built in mali,n mainly at d uranium site..

D west(a)bad.....lets stil say no to terrorism..libyains,gyptians,tunisians ar gnashin diia teeth naw..
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Ngwakwe: 9:26am On Jan 26, 2013
If only Africans (Negro) will rise up to kick out Arabs from its soil and then fight the West (Europeans and USA) to regain her freedom.

Things may get better, if only true Africans are left to themselves.

Can we undo several years of Arab and European Colonization to liberate North African from Arabs.

Most people will jump on the West for Colonization and leave the worst actions of Danfodio and his Arab Armies. It's unfortunate my people.

2 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2013
Arosa:

You are wrong, think about it very well. undecided China is a case study for you.

Did china invent slvery ? NO

Did china invent colonizaion ? NO

Did china invent humanitarian service ? NO

Did China invent democracy ? No

Why are you blaming china when Britain,France,germany and other European countries benefitted heavily from slavery and colonization ? Blame the US for foreign occupation !
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by takedat(m): 9:32am On Jan 26, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

you are pushing an abstract thinking that is totally irreconciliable with reality on ground. to say boko is not religious but political is kinda like saying mend is religious, not political or massob is religious and not political.

when will boko become religious, when they occupy most of the country?
BH is now a cover for criminal activity across a wide spectrum.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Shalome(m): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2013
The opinion of a Random belgiam,i dont give 2 f.uc.ks about that? The politicking of the West,european powers,the arab world and china is hard to Comphrehend. We are being fed propaganda,an islamist would fueled by the propaganda he listens to in aljazeera while a supporter of the west will feed on the Cnn and bbc progaganda.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by aljharem(m): 9:35am On Jan 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: If only Africans (Negro) will rise up to kick out Arabs from its soil and then fight the West (Europeans and USA) to regain her freedom.

Can we undo several years of Arab and European Colonization to liberate North African from Arabs.

Most people will jump on the West for Colonization and leave the worst actions of Danfodio and his Arab Armies. It's unfortunate my people.

Why and why and why must we fight anyone ? Why not join in, I thank God for likes of IBB, OBJ, ADE AND DANJUMA in Nigeria if not we would not be different from all other countries in this so called africa.

The way I see it is that Nigeria should be the actual giant of africa by doing what the westerners are doing to other african countries.

Yes Nigeria needs to attain that statues like them fast. Ibb and Obj saw this and that is why they make some international policies which has helped some elite Nigerians and very very few of the populist but at least we are getting there.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2013
Whilst not dismissing the sentiments of this man, this is no different from the rantings of a conspiracy theorist teenager typing out crap behind his keyboard. So 9/11 was staged? Tell me more..
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by mujiboy(m): 9:35am On Jan 26, 2013
All the things av been planned before now. Its just now we are seeing with our head,and most of the ppl are ignorant of this fact.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Shalome(m): 9:36am On Jan 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: If only Africans (Negro) will rise up to kick out Arabs from its soil and then fight the West (Europeans and USA) to regain her freedom.

you making sense here....may i add that we are better off with western idealogy than the arab one

3 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Ngwakwe: 9:36am On Jan 26, 2013
China has started colonization before the country called USA was born. Go read extensively about China.

What do you think made them to occupy such large space and having Billion+ population?

~Bluetooth:

Did china invent slvery ? NO

Did china invent colonizaion ? NO

Did china invent humanitarian service ? NO

Did China invent democracy ? No

Why are you blaming china when Britain,France,germany and other European countries benefitted heavily from slavery and colonization ? Blame the US for foreign occupation !
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 26, 2013
cap28:

they are fully aware of whats going on but they havent got the balls to challenge america and europe.

It 's not a matter of balls brother, but of corruption. Fighting war is a big business a d terorism is a gold mine.

The few that run things will always sell us a lie in order to continue enriching their pocket.

The process through which our leaders emerge is greatly flawed thus throwing up people without ideologies as our leaders.

A lot of work needs to be done on our electorate and the electoral process.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: China has started colonization before the country called USA was born. Go read extensively about China.

What do you think made them to occupy such large space and having Billion+ population?

Relax and look at my questions well.

Did USA colonize any country ? NO

Did britain and france indulged in slavery ? YES

Did they colonize any sovereign territory ? YES

If you are talking about ancient civlization,please don't bring up US and China.The British have done more harm to the world than what the US drones are doing now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peru's President, Castillo Impeached & Arrested For Rebellion, VP Sworn-in / Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean / UAE Decriminalises Premarital Sexual Relations Among 40 Legal Changes In Reforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.