Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

How Do People Become Atheists - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do People Become Atheists (9740 Views)

Jesus Is The Reason Why People Become Atheists / Why Do People Become More Spiritual When They Are Poor? / How Did Black People Become Black? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
traeces:
So if for all intents and purposes, you are now an atheist, it is sad but true that you are not walking in faith as such unless you return God, am afraid you are not presently heaven bound.

Exactly. And I am therefore on my way to eternal torture and punishment. But yet

traeces:
God’s Love for you respects your choice whether it agrees with his or not. His love for you is not selfless neither is it easily provoked. His love for you bears all things. What’s more, that love lasts forever.
You are the apple of God’s eye and you mean everything to him.

This just doesn't add up
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 8:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
LemonBoy1:

hehehehe, "atheistic satanist, tell me urs, want to knw mine so u'l knw hw to coil ur words" hehehe, joke of d century. Bro, does d teachings nd understanding about ur religion depends on other pipo's religion? Do ur religion hav different teachings (mayb ambiguous ones) targeted to different religiòns (e.g u av a version 4 challenging xtains, a different on 4 muslims, etc) such dt u'l nid to knw whr i fall into 2 determine d version of ur religion to use at me? A religious believe should b constant, it should'nt b subject to circumstances or situation ( e.g u to a xtain 2day satan is creator nd dwells in hell, then u, 2 a buddhist 2maro, mayb obama is creator,nt satan) bro, if u nid 2 knw whr i stand b4 u answer my questions, then its clear u dnt understand ur religion, u r nt proud of it nd u r js following d teachings unaidedly

Are you ashamed of your beliefs that you would not tell us what it is?

And yes, the manner of my response will depend on your religion because I have noticed that the brain wiring of people are related to their belief systems. So you have to explain things differently to different people if you do not wish to be misunderstood. You do not explain the concept of photosynthesis the same way to an 8 year old as you would a biology student in the uni. You simply won't be understood.

So as you are reluctant to proclaim your beliefs (the first person I've met to be so), do you want me to explain Atheistic Satanism to you as if your brain was that of a 6 year old or as that of an 11 year old. [sorry I don't see you with a more mature encephalon]
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by benodic: 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2013
@ Affiliated

traeces:
So if for all intents and purposes, you are now an atheist, it is sad but true that you are not walking in faith as such unless you return God, am afraid you are not presently heaven bound.

I read with a very sad heart what was written above. the way souls are being condemned to eternal torture by the same God that Christians claim loves soul so dearly and this is where we differ. ECKANKAR teaches that God loves soul dearly that it gives soul total freedom to live it life at it deems fit. soul came from heaven to earth to learn how to love and to reach spiritual maturity after which soul goes back to heaven where it came from. no one is hell bound.

God has given each soul perfect freedom of choice to choose when it wants to come back home. there is no compulsion, there is no threat and there are millions of chances and opportunities which are of course endless. soul is also very free even not to believe in the existence of God. it really does not matter to God.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
advocate666:

Are you ashamed of your beliefs that you would not tell us what it is?

And yes, the manner of my response will depend on your religion because I have noticed that the brain wiring of people are related to their belief systems. So you have to explain things differently to different people if you do not wish to be misunderstood. You do not explain the concept of photosynthesis the same way to an 8 year old as you would a biology student in the uni. You simply won't be understood.

So as you are reluctant to proclaim your beliefs (the first person I've met to be so), do you want me to explain Atheistic Satanism to you as if your brain was that of a 6 year old or as that of an 11 year old. [sorry I don't see you with a more mature encephalon]

u mk me laff so had. Evry teaching has sm basics, fundamentals or reference point nd dt ws y i startd 4rm creation whch u quickly commented on witout seeking 2 knw whr i stand first only to sence a loophole (mayb) then try to divert by seeking 4 my own stance. Dats nt aw to win a convert my guy. Ok no wahala, gv me an eleven yr old explanation, then build up 4rm there.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
benodic: @ Affiliated

I read with a very sad heart what was written above. the way souls are being condemned to eternal torture by the same God that Christians claim loves soul so dearly and this is where we differ. ECKANKAR teaches that God loves soul dearly that it gives soul total freedom to live it life at it deems fit. soul came from heaven to earth to learn how to love and to reach spiritual maturity after which soul goes back to heaven where it came from. no one is hell bound.

God has given each soul perfect freedom of choice to choose when it wants to come back home. there is no compulsion, there is no threat and there are millions of chances and opportunities which are of course endless. soul is also very free even not to believe in the existence of God. it really does not matter to God.

bros abeg, is it only on earth a soul can learn to love nd acquire spiritual maturity? What happnd in heaven? Y cnt d soul learn it in heaven? Is there no teacher in heavn? Who is d teacher on earth? What if d soul does'nt learn these tin or achieve spiritual maturity nd mayb d pesn dies untimely or evn refuses to learn at all (as par freedom)? He wil remain on earth? Religion too much oh
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 8:56pm On Jan 28, 2013

bros abeg, is it only on earth a soul can learn to love nd acquire spiritual maturity? What happnd in heaven? Y cnt d soul learn it in heaven? Is there no teacher in heavn? Who is d teacher on earth? What if d soul does'nt learn these tin or achieve spiritual maturity nd mayb d pesn dies untimely or evn refuses to learn at all (as par freedom)? He wil remain on earth? Religion too much oh
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by ooman(m): 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
frosbel: a lot of it has to do with parental upbringing - Especially for those who come from Christian homes

"Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it." - Proverbs 22:6

I keep telling parents like myself, you teach your children how to make it big in life and forget the most important thing which is the destiny of their souls.

Other secondary reasons :

- false doctrines
- bad role models in the church
- bad experiences

now let the insults start flying smiley

You have forgotten that even solomon who said that left the path his father set for him later in his life.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by traeces(m): 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2013

My friend, the position of eckankar really sounds soothing. Unfortunately, The person God publicly and severally declared to be his beloved son in whom he is well pleased and whom we must hear and follow is Christ Jesus not eckankar. So you see following or believing anything Christ did not practise or approve even if solomon or anybody for that matter practiced it is wrong.
Again God bless you.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 9:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
LemonBoy1:

u mk me laff so had. Evry teaching has sm basics, fundamentals or reference point nd dt ws y i startd 4rm creation whch u quickly commented on witout seeking 2 knw whr i stand first only to sence a loophole (mayb) then try to divert by seeking 4 my own stance. Dats nt aw to win a convert my guy. Ok no wahala, gv me an eleven yr old explanation, then build up 4rm there.

Ok Mr 11 yrs brain. Satananistic Atheism is when you don't believe in god but believe in Satan.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 10:08pm On Jan 28, 2013
advocate666:

Ok Mr 11 yrs brain. Satananistic Atheism is when you don't believe in god but believe in Satan.

hmm, according 2 my britanica here, " Atheism=d believe dt god does'nt exist" , " god= a spiritual being/ d source of life nd creation"... Nw, u claim dt satan is d source of life, creator nd all wise (whch by d renownd britanica means god) so by that, satan = god, nd atheism = no god. Nw satanistic atheism = god no god. Bros, it does'nt mk sence (god no god). Y dnt u js say "satanist" rather than "satanistic atheism" then we continue.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2013

I find your beliefs very interesting. I'm intrigued
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
LemonBoy1:

Are heaven and earth the only two places? Soul is from the universe[s] and will experience all the universe[s] Its the universe[s] experiencing itself
cc benodic. What do you think?
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 10:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
Affiliated:

Are heaven and earth the only two places? Soul is from the universe[s] and will experience all the universe[s] Its the universe[s] experiencing itself
cc benodic. What do you think?

bt u said d soul came 4rm heavn to earth to learn love etc! Ok no wahala. Nw, who teaches d soul such tins on earth / other parts of d universe? D soul (my understanding) resides in d body here on earth. So wil it get anoda body (designed to survive other planets or universe) if it does'nt mk heavn directly after earth? I think d earlier a soul reaches heavn d happier he gets, is their no reward or incentives to motivate a soul nt to waste time gallivanting around space (4rm universe to universe) ? Wat'l evn tempt d soul in jupiter (e.g) nd hinder it 4rm going directly to heavn (i think a soul is more knwolegable dan human)? Is it buy insulting god?
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 10:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
^Benodic said that. I was just asking a question and stating an opinion. I personally don't believe there's a place called heaven where souls go and live in eternal paradise. It would be extremely boring.

I'll leave the issues you raised to Benodic
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2013
Affiliated: ^Benodic said that. I was just asking a question and stating an opinion. I personally don't believe there's a place called heaven where souls go and live in eternal paradise. It would be extremely boring.

I'll leave the issues you raised to Benodic

well, if u dnt believe in heaven y raise it in ds debate nah? Nd i was already api dt smbdy here wil gv me a gud score on ds one
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
@Advocate666

If it contradicts what it is saying, call it metaphor.

you see your life! you have now change your gear to contracdiction! why dont you prove me wrong! you dont know anything about the bible but stupidly you quote it to suit your misrepresentation and when i expose it,you jump to another accusation, Olodo broda-agbaya!

can you prove me wrong that my replies to your claims are not true? you simply lack what bible teaches yet, i have proven its authenticity over so-called science here, you kept mum throughout,ole! onyi-oshi!
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 11:46pm On Jan 28, 2013
LemonBoy1:

hmm, according 2 my britanica here, " Atheism=d believe dt god does'nt exist" , " god= a spiritual being/ d source of life nd creation"... Nw, u claim dt satan is d source of life, creator nd all wise (whch by d renownd britanica means god) so by that, satan = god, nd atheism = no god. Nw satanistic atheism = god no god. Bros, it does'nt mk sence (god no god). Y dnt u js say "satanist" rather than "satanistic atheism" then we continue.

I knew your neurones aren't developped enough to grasp such concepts. You are a good candidate for christianity.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
LemonBoy1:

well, if u dnt believe in heaven y raise it in ds debate nah? Nd i was already api dt smbdy here wil gv me a gud score on ds one

Once again I didn't raise it. Benodic did
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 11:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @Advocate666

you see your life! you have now change your gear to contracdiction! why dont you prove me wrong! you dont know anything about the bible but stupidly you quote it to suit your misrepresentation and when i expose it,you jump to another accusation, Olodo broda-agbaya!

can you prove me wrong that my replies to your claims are not true? you simply lack what bible teaches yet, i have proven its authenticity over so-called science here, you kept mum throughout,ole! onyi-oshi!

how do you know that the globe mentinned in your bible was not metaphorical?
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 12:08am On Jan 29, 2013
@Affiliated,
im back from work now,i left few minutes after my answer to advocate666's post on so called pillars that the bible verse he quoted 'never mentioned'

and now i will treat the coded below;

(1b) explain how God supporting and encouraging slave trade isn't evil and backwards. God knows its evil which is why God said Israel shouldn't take slaves from themselves.

let me get you right pls, are you saying that God originated slave trade from the onset? pls explain in detail!

(2b)God is racist and this was one of the justification Britain used when hey attacked our ancestors and made slaves of them while subjecting them to inhumane treatment.

are you also saying that God is responsible for what you termed as '' making slaves of our ancestors while subjecting them to inhumane treatment''?.

and lastly, can you briefly define what you understand as 'science' in brief?
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 12:18am On Jan 29, 2013
BERNIMOORE:
im back from work now,i left few minutes after my answer to advocate666's post on so called pillars that the bible verse he quoted 'never mentioned'

Welcome back

BERNIMOORE:

let me get you right pls, are you saying that God originated slave trade from the onset? pls explain in detail!

I don't know how slave trade started but it is in the records of the bible that God encouraged it and supported it thereby enabling the act of slave trading to grow

BERNIMOORE:
are you also saying that God is responsible for what you termed as '' making slaves of our ancestors while subjecting them to inhumane treatment''?.

Yes, Yes I am. for the reasons I stated above and Britain being a christian nation...

BERNIMOORE:
and lastly, can you briefly define what you understand as 'science' in brief?

A brief dictionary definition of science is 1 : the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding [Merriam-Webster]
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 12:34am On Jan 29, 2013
@Advocate666
i have treated this question before, but i will still treat it as if im replying someone with impared judgement,

First, Bible concepts has its answers around itself! for example;

how do you know that the globe mentinned in your bible was not metaphorical?

why 'globe' here is not metaphor;
isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the globe of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as locusts:
inhabitants (plenty as locusts) relates directly with the earth,and subject to a ruler; refered to as 'he'

but see what you quoted below;

1 Samuel 2:8

8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.

'the poor out of the dust' is metaphor because the dust 'directly used here is not real dust' same with 'the beggar from the dunghill' paralleled with 'pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them'

world upon them is metaphor. it should have been 'the earth upon the pillars'

or can you briefly give us the meaning of earth and world for more clarification!
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by BERNIMOORE: 1:37am On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=Affiliated]

Welcome back

@Affiliated

I don't know how slave trade started but it is in the records of the bible that God encouraged it and supported it thereby enabling the act of slave trading to grow

You need to know what culminated into why God choose to be unaffected by the activities of other nations then outside isreal 'his people'

you need to know something very vital here, that constitutes the way we are beign treated by God, and that is 'our free will to choose as humans'

God demands for our exclusive devotion as our creator! thus he creates pattern for how we should worship him and warned agaisnt worshiping other gods,

yes you will ask me that isn'nt he Omniscient Omnipotent and so on? but my answer to this is that Omniscient Omnipotent and the rest ARE NOT BIBLES CONCEPTS! yes, God is the most powerful, but how he displays it,i rely to the extent that the bible provided! or he being ? i dont share the term Omnipotent!....due to its not bible term.

yes, God is all knowing, 'but the extent he uses that knowledge' omniscient, i dont know, and will only agree with the bible extents on that.

and so, i will restrict my comment to 'what the bible says and the terms surported by the bible, in orderwords, i will approach the issue the jehovahs witnesses way! im not one of them,but convinced with their belief, and so, i will not like to join issues with any other christians that dont share the jehovahs witnesses view on this issue, let every one be on his own!

the story was from the garden of eden, a cherubim created by God with a freewill to choose, and not as robots, choose to have glory belonging to God to himself. he schemed plans to seduce Gods creations, starting from the weakest, woman 'eve' God allows time to pass so as to heal the wounds created by this disobedient angel called satan, this angel in revelation 12:9 is been thrown out of heaven now to the earth but HE only got few times to live!

now, this satan influenced worships that God hated from the onset, but to solve the problem God needs to be patient with time, so the idol worshipers or people worshiping other gods during isrealites now should learn to be more carefull withtheir works, God does not desire sin here pls.

A brief dictionary definition of science is 1 : the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding [Merriam-Webster]

you are joking, see the defination wiki-below

cience (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge"wink is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.[1] In an older and closely related meaning (found, for example, in Aristotle), "science" refers to the body of reliable knowledge itself, of the type that can be logically and rationally explained (see History and philosophy below).[2] Since classical antiquity science as a type of knowledge was closely linked to philosophy. In the early modern era the words "science" and "philosophy" were sometimes used interchangeably in the English language.[citation needed] By the 17th century, natural philosophy (which is today called "natural science"wink was considered a separate branch of philosophy.[3] However, "science" continued to be used in a broad sense denoting reliable knowledge about a topic, in the same way it is still used in modern terms such as library science or political science.
In modern use, "science" more often refers to a way of pursuing knowledge, not only the knowledge itself. It is "often treated as synonymous with 'natural and physical science', and thus restricted to those branches of study that relate to the phenomena of the material universe and their laws, sometimes with implied exclusion of pure mathematics. This is now the dominant sense in ordinary use
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 1:44am On Jan 29, 2013
^ I don't see what all the long story has to do with the issue at hand which is slave trade.

You asked me what science was briefly and in brief. I gave you the brief meaning from a dictionary. Are you saying science isn't knowledge or the state of knowing?
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by LemonBoy1: 7:22am On Jan 29, 2013
advocate666:

I knew your neurones aren't developped enough to grasp such concepts. You are a good candidate for christianity.

lol, even d well learned pipo dat wrote nd compiled d literature "britanica" ? Evn the agency dat endorsed their work to b suit 4 public use, has neurones dat aren't developped enough? Oxford nd encata dictionary shares dsame idea so it means their writers nd compilers r also dumb lyk me? Gentle man, of what use is english language wen their r no books or literatures to explain its meaning? Or would u rather prefer to do so in another language? I nw take it dat either u r shy to defend ur believes yet chained to it or u hv being coerced to accept such believes by reasons other than love. Its obvious my conversation wit u is fruitless, i hv learnt nothing about ur religion (i dnt evn think it exists anyway). So i rest my case wit u here
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2013
OMG. How did i miss the response from this troll? lol Real life issues needs to be attended first before the trivial ones.
Lets go there
wiegraf:

Yes more, my good g.nat.
Yes o my toddler. you asked for my attention and im gonna be giving it to you till you want no more. Just like bread of heaven. Open your mouth grin grin
You still insist on playing the victim.
Nope Mr mor.on atheist. You are only feeling sorry for yourself cos im giving u the kind of responses you deserve. Im not playing any victim. You are too small to victimise me. 1000000000000+ yourself cant even do that. I believe you are the one playing the victim cos of the rage you feel as an atheist. How pathetic embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
No matter how you try to dress it good ser, you are an a$$. Deliberate on it slowly, or at least try.
Let me help you out cos you're going dumber. Its takes an a$$ to recognise another. However with the way you've been acting like a streaker on this thread, im thinking you are even more than an a$$ and more of an a$$hole.

You call people pathetic and then try to cop with the word 'emotional'.
Yes i did and lm standing by my word. You wanna challenge that? If you have the guts, i dare you 30000000000000 times to throw the challenge and see what becomes of you afterwards.
It was not directed at anybody?
So? was it directed to you? The act is pathetic. You may wish to review the post i was responding and my own post to understand the context of usage.
My good reta.rd,
My good self confessed mor.on and my great streaker.
then who in this universe was it directed at then?
Those exhibiting the character highlighted in the post i responded to. are you one of those affected?

Not us,
When you say not us, who are the 'us'?
was it you then?
How would it have been me? I dont need to spoonfeed a troll and attention seeker. Go back to the post once again.
We should indulge your emotional outbursts why?
Young man, im not begging for your indulgence, neither do i care about you one bit. You sort for the attention by responding to a post which you could have saved yourself embarrassment by ignoring. I only feeling sorry for those exhibiting such character. Are u one of them?
I thought you enjoyed claiming to be mature.
So? Any relevance to this present exchanges? Are u feeling kinda in secured, cos this is not the first time you have used the word 'mature'?
You think a mature would deem adding that word as necessary?
Interesting. What would a 'mature' have done? descend to a nonsensical level as to throw insult? act like a streaker like you're presently doing? pls tell me what a mature would do cos of a 'next time'
Oga eediot,
oga mor.on
do think before you post
Do u reason with your a$$?
or at least try.
to do what?
And do note, I am not discussing with you, I am schooling you.
buhaaahahaaa. You? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I believe the number of those that believes in a God is more than those that doesnt believe in a God amongst the world population, why dont you take your education to them so as to become more frustrated than you are? Yoruba would say 'its impossible for a blind man to lead those that have eyes'. So how can a certified moro.on lead someone who's not a mor.on? Im thinking some of your close associates still believes in God, why don't you do some evangelism to bring them to your own belief? You have a very long way to go. Mr.

Now, you've called us (you retract and say some of us, but you go back to all again) ignorant, frustrated and pathetic.
In response to the question of the op and within the scope of this thread, i stand by my words. ok?
The questions has always been very simple; is that your opinion or some sort of fact? Ie, is this the opinion of a confirmed self-important wants-to-be-a-petty-tyrrant-when-he-grows-up (like a gateman in abuja, that kind of mentality) deluded mor.on, you, who misses simple things and insults others? Or is it some sort of established fact?
Lets look at it this way. You've claimed that you want a response from a mor.on, because im not, you'll probably have to direct or re-direct the question to a mor.on. lo ba tan. However, there's a question that may help you. How did you become an atheist?. I also posited earlier than I heard testimonies of/from ex-atheist. If this simple explanation is beyond your comprehension, then we might have to consult some deities to help you out. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Very simple kweshions, no?
YES. Very simple and straight forward answer.

Continue with accusations of frustration and what not if they please you of course,
That's where you are making the mistake. The tone of your response depicts frustration. I on the other hand have been cool, calm and collected thus far, reason being that i see no need to get agitated over trivial issues like this. Im not in any competition with you, but only trying to enlighten you. If you refuse to accept, who cares? that's your problem of course.

but you can confirm from anyone who's followed my posts in any capacity if you will,
Why should i? Do most of you atheist have lives outside the internet? The answer is definitely a capital NO. You spend most of your time on internet forums, obsessing with Religion, God and Christianity. If im to check your posts, more than 60% therein would be direct/indirect attacks on Religion, God and Christianity. why should i bother myself about you? SMH.

I am simply giving you the moro.n treatment.
Sure you're doing that cos as a moro.n, i don't expect anything better from you. wink cheesy

I treat all geniuses who qualify with equal contempt.
Geniuses like your internet gang? Get a life. Im expecting geniuses like those ones we hear of in the real world doing great things and not those that hide behind monikers on faceless forums like this.
To be fair, most are just jerks,
What are you? a mor.on or an A$$?

not stoopid like you,
Thank God you said 'stoopid' Since im not 'stoopid' I'll let it pass.

so there's less need to constantly remind them they're mor.ons.
then you must be a very lazy fellow with very little ambition. You need to constantly do that, what do you think? Since the 19th century or before, pple have been preaching about Jesus and God, these days, have they stopped? The answer is No. Since you've been evangelizing on NL that belief in God is not good, what do you have to show for it? Absolutely nothing. This can only mean you need to intensify your effort(s) cos you're doing badly. May be you'll now realize that you need to constantly remind them.
I mean, you do note I am not blindly schooling you,
A blind man cannot lead pple that have eyes. [/quote] yes? I have given reasons for all I do, no?[/quote] Who cares? whether you have o or whether you just waste your life and time ni o, I really don't care.
I'm not just randomly hurling abuses.
Guy seriously, im tired of this your lame approach. I really don't care about you. If you like 'run your mouth' on CNN or Fox News, i dont give a damn. This is NL. Everything here remains here.

But of course, please continue to delude yourself into thinking you're some sort of important market women's association leader, your prerogative even if it is pathetic (don't misunderstand, my use of the word 'pathetic' is emotional, it is not directed at anyone).
Dont get tired cos im not. When ever im less busy, i'll continue to give you the kind of response(s) you deserve till you're fed up. Just like bread of heaven.

If you still want my attention(cos im thinking you really need it) quote me once again and i'll always be available to give u in like manner
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 8:42am On Jan 29, 2013
LemonBoy1:

lol, even d well learned pipo dat wrote nd compiled d literature "britanica" ? Evn the agency dat endorsed their work to b suit 4 public use, has neurones dat aren't developped enough? Oxford nd encata dictionary shares dsame idea so it means their writers nd compilers r also dumb lyk me? Gentle man, of what use is english language wen their r no books or literatures to explain its meaning? Or would u rather prefer to do so in another language? I nw take it dat either u r shy to defend ur believes yet chained to it or u hv being coerced to accept such believes by reasons other than love. Its obvious my conversation wit u is fruitless, i hv learnt nothing about ur religion (i dnt evn think it exists anyway). So i rest my case wit u here

There you go. I knew you were a christian. A soldier of christ even. The best of them eventually run away.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by advocate666: 8:43am On Jan 29, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @Advocate666
i have treated this question before, but i will still treat it as if im replying someone with impared judgement,

First, Bible concepts has its answers around itself! for example;

why 'globe' here is not metaphor;
isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the globe of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as locusts:
inhabitants (plenty as locusts) relates directly with the earth,and subject to a ruler; refered to as 'he'

but see what you quoted below;

1 Samuel 2:8

8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.

'the poor out of the dust' is metaphor because the dust 'directly used here is not real dust' same with 'the beggar from the dunghill' paralleled with 'pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them'

world upon them is metaphor. it should have been 'the earth upon the pillars'

or can you briefly give us the meaning of earth and world for more clarification!

You stopped making sense, but what did I expect? You are a christian afterall.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 8:53am On Jan 29, 2013
Most Christians I know in real life and see here have super massive egos. I don't know what they base their egos on. They just brag and act proud and feel better than everyone else.

I read about Jesus and Jesus was nothing like that. Christianity is now just a feel good drug. Something to indulge the ego with. This ego is the cause of all evil.

Subliminal message
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 29, 2013
Affiliated: Most Christians I know in real life and see here have super massive egos. I don't know what they base their egos on. They just brag and act proud and feel better than everyone else.

I read about Jesus and Jesus was nothing like that. Christianity is now just a feel good drug. Something to indulge the ego with. This ego is the cause of all evil.

Subliminal message
Great. Meaning Jesus has a character that's worthy of emulation
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by traeces(m): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2013
I know a few people who will literally develop headaches if they were required to provide answers for any of the following elementary science challenges.
X^3=9; solve for X
Tell the elemtary constitution of table salt.
Give an example of a mammal.
State Newton's 3rd law of motion.
But some of this people believe in Science they know nothing about other the definitions they can lift from dictionaries here and there, but in God they choose not to believe.
It beats the imagination of my small mind really.
Re: How Do People Become Atheists by Affiliated(m): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2013
toba: Great. Meaning Jesus has a character that's worthy of emulation

Yes, Yes He did/does. Very different character from his supposed father

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion / Is Picking Fruits In Dream Really A Sign Of Good Omen? / The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.