Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,390 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku (7271 Views)

Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / 'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / Nasarawa APGA Guber Candidate, Labaran Maku Canvasses Support For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Mekusnwa: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2013
Maduale: OBY Ezekwesili, with due respect to her person, is playing politics with her speech. She has a point in her questions over the whereabout of 67 billion dollars.
But the questions ought to have come far earlier than this. This question was to have been answered by late Yaradua who was the recipient of the said sum as President in 2007.

That Nothwithstanding, president Jonathan has rebuilt the Foriegn reserves to over 40 Billion. The last time I checked, ECA had about 9 billion dollars in it. So if you add these 2 accounts together, you will have 53 billion dollars in all.

I recall the clamour by governors for Sharing of these funds last December but it was rejected. So OBY should not politiciase this issue.
Correct
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by katordidi(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
the same maku that thanked president retardeen for bringing facebook to Nigeria. i'd rather not take him on his word. daft as daffy duck
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Bukkyade: 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Countryman93: Madam OBY, Mr Maku is damn right. You decided to conceal the full details of those accounts all in a desperate but failed bid to cast the present govt in bad light.
The figures you quoted are actually false and incompatible with the figures available at CBN.

Secondly, you did not tell the public truth about how much is remaining on the accounts today. Excess Crude Acvount stood at 9 billion dollars last December. See
http://www.ventures-africa.com/2012/12/nigerias-excess-crude-account-savings-double-to-9-billion/

It is contrary to the bad impression you have created about GEJ as glutton who squandered all the money in Excess crude Account.

Thirdly, it is also general knowledge that external reserves now is 44 billion dollars.

You know quite well that Yardua shared a huge chunk of this money between 2007-2010 but you technically dragged Jonathan to it because of his position as vice president.
Would you in all fairness, ascribe any mismanagement of funds in ECA or FOreign reserve to Namadi Sambo or Atiku in his days as vice president?

My thoughts too. Thanks for the links.
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Delafruita(m): 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
Maduale: OBY Ezekwesili, with due respect to her person, is playing politics with her speech. She has a point in her questions over the whereabout of 67 billion dollars.
But the questions ought to have come far earlier than this. This question was to have been answered by late Yaradua who was the recipient of the said sum as President in 2007.

That Nothwithstanding, president Jonathan has rebuilt the Foriegn reserves to over 40 Billion. The last time I checked, [b]ECA had about 9 billion dollars [/b]in it. So if you add these 2 accounts together, you will have 53 billion dollars in all.

I recall the clamour by governors for Sharing of these funds last December but it was rejected. So OBY should not politiciase this issue.
last time i checked president jonathan had scrapped the excess crude account and replaced it with the sovereign wealth fund.if you wanna check for facts,check the right places
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by funkymedina: 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2013
join the facebook group calling for debate . It has become very interesting there
https://www./577410908940562/ grin
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by ayox2003: 3:13pm On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa: This worries me too. Even if you (the CBN) say u hv to keep d MPR at 12% cos of Inflation concern etc, while dont you force the commercial banks not to go beyond a +4 or 5 percentage point as Effective interest rate to ordinary businesses? The interest rates bn operatd currently by banks in Nigeria are very hostile to businesses..

You have said it all. 15-19% is still manageable, although its quite high.

Those who took a loan from banks to execute government contracts are also affected because governments payments take quite a long time and these banks don't care. Yet these contractor create jobs. So don't blame contractors when they charge government N40bn for a project of N26bn because they know what interest would be paid on it. Sanusi is just... I don't even know what to say. Lol.

Frawzey
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by taharqa: 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
Delafruita:
last time i checked president jonathan had scrapped the excess crude account and replaced it with the sovereign wealth fund.if you wanna check for facts,check the right places
Hey Mr Fact-Checker. GEJ actuali wantd to transfer d funds from d Excess Account to d more reliable SWF, but d governors said no and took him to court cos of Fiscal Federalism concerns. GEJ was only able to force an agreement with dem on d establishment of d SWF with a seed money of $1billion from d Excess Crude Account, which still holds almost $10billion today..
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by taharqa: 3:24pm On Jan 28, 2013
ayox2003:

You have said it all. 15-19% is still manageable, although its quite high.

Those who took a loan from banks to execute government contracts are also affected because governments payments take quite a long time and these banks don't care. Yet these contractor create jobs. So don't blame contractors when they charge government N40bn for a project of N26bn because they know what interest would be paid on it. Sanusi is just... I don't even know what to say. Lol.

Frawzey
Agreed
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Jonnysteve: 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2013
Oby u are nt in d position 2 talk or complian so go short ur mendulla oblongata......as 4 maku e no nw u bgin lie giv us so i no even d pay attaention sef na noise u jus dey make.........
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Jesuspikin87(m): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
grin[b][/b]I'm so loving this........OBY DARES MAKU FOR PUBLIC DEBATE!

The Federal Government, yesterday, through the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, reacted to comments by the former Minister of Education, Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili, alleging that the governments of presidents Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan, squandered $67 billion in foreign reserve, describing the allegation as “outlandish and clearly fictitious.”
Maku further accused the former World Bank Vice-President (Africa) of  betraying a surprisingly limited understanding of government finances in her comments at the Convocation lecture of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
He noted: “These statements are even more curious in the light of the fact that she has held senior positions in government, and more recently, a position as a Vice President of the World Bank. However, rather than speculate about her motives, we would focus on the facts.”
However, responding to Maku’s attack, Dr. Obiageli Ezekwesili challenged officials of the Federal Government to a public debate.
On allegations that she mismanaged funds meant for the education sector during her 10 months as Education Minister, Mrs Ezekwesili said: “I Challenge them to a public debate of facts regarding 2007 Excess Crude Account (ECA) and foreign reserve and last five and half years oil revenue.”
Still expressing her views on Twitter on Sunday in messages with the hashtag, “Nothing but Accountability”, Ezekwesili said: “In 2007, the incoming Administration was handed $45Billion in Foreign Reserve plus $22Billion. Let Mr. Maku go further. As a citizen all I want to know is the Mathematics of the ECA and the Foreign Reserve. I demanded accountability and that’s all a citizen asks of government. I will not stop asking for accountability.”

http://www.informationng.com/2013/01/n10-6trn-controversy-ezekwesili-dares-maku-to-public-debate.html
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Candybob(m): 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
I dont wish to comment on what i have not verified!
But look at all this analysis and deconstructions and tell me why i should not be addicted to Nairaland?
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Denn(m): 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2013
Gombs: I Don't hav an idea wot u all r talking abt....

ECA,crash,sanusi,67billion,maku,foreign reserve, etc

But, GEJ is d man!...I don't care wot u all think

Maybe ezekwesili was high n on her period hence was overreacting, or she was paid or both.

Either way, I dey wait for 2015 to come mk I vote my man for anoda 4yrs term.

well said....for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6 verse 45 and Mattew 12 verse 34
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by sunkoye: 6:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
ballabriggs:

I done die!!! Una see the kind mumu wey Zona employ as minister. Chai this one na 'Minister of Misinformation'. He does not even have a proper knowledge of how the thing works and he opens his trashy mouth.

I'm sorry but Nigeria is a big joke.
minister of misinformation...heheheheheh grin
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by divatosin(f): 8:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
Countryman93: Madam OBY, Mr Maku is damn right. You decided to conceal the full details of those accounts all in a desperate but failed bid to cast the present govt in bad light.
The figures you quoted are actually false and incompatible with the figures available at CBN.

Secondly, you did not tell the public truth about how much is remaining on the accounts today. Excess Crude Acvount stood at 9 billion dollars last December. See
http://www.ventures-africa.com/2012/12/nigerias-excess-crude-account-savings-double-to-9-billion/

It is contrary to the bad impression you have created about GEJ as glutton who squandered all the money in Excess crude Account.

Thirdly, it is also general knowledge that external reserves now is 44 billion dollars.

You know quite well that Yardua shared a huge chunk of this money between 2007-2010 but you technically dragged Jonathan to it because of his position as vice president.
Would you in all fairness, ascribe any mismanagement of funds in ECA or FOreign reserve to Namadi Sambo or Atiku in his days as vice president?

Fine analysis. Sure, Oby Ezekwesili has serious malicious intent in making the speech. She wants to use it to score a cheap political point but it won't work.
Why didn't she say whatever she had to say during Yaradua's time. Because the bulk of the money was spent in that era. She just went dumb then and just recovered her voice after Obj had issues with Jonathan.
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by xbalm(m): 9:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Leave anty oby n oga maku alone. U don chop?
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Arobam: 9:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
sunkoye: minister of misinformation...heheheheheh grin
What makes him a minister of misinformation? Because he burst Oby Ezekwesili's bubble?
The minister is a very intelligent man who is very daring and courageous to engage in any intellectual debate about Good Governance.

All he said was right and Madam Ezekwesili knows.
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by coruso(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
taharqa: Hey Mr Fact-Checker. GEJ actuali wantd to transfer d funds from d Excess Account to d more reliable SWF, but d governors said no and took him to court cos of Fiscal Federalism concerns. GEJ was only able to force an agreement with dem on d establishment of d SWF with a seed money of $1billion from d Excess Crude Account, which still holds almost $10billion today..
correct

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by eggheaders(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
Arobam:
What makes him a minister of misinformation? Because he burst Oby Ezekwesili's bubble?
The minister is a very intelligent man who is very daring and courageous to engage in any intellectual debate about Good Governance.

All he said was right and Madam Ezekwesili knows.

aro(band) your moniker defines your thinking capabilities.
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by teniyi(m): 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
Useless capitalist Nyamiri woman.
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Countryman93: 11:04am On Jan 29, 2013
Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Mallam Elrufai deceived madam skin punk Ezekwesili to enter an ill fated accountability battle with the FG with promise of VP Slot come 2015 insha allah.Now she's locked in a battle that will gradually become her undoing. The same Elrufai that confiscated lands and even allocated some to his friend in deceit (skin punk oby) with which she gave her so called pastor husband to erect a monumental church in Abuja.

But after the storm settles about her fictitious rantling, the question remains; what happened to the huge education funds she collected within 7 months? (not to mention the funds she collected in Solid minerals Ministry)

let the acclaimed madam due process set herself as example by accounting to Nigerians first. let me mention that truly she"s one of the few folks that have made us proud but she has soiled her reputation by becoming a politician. She has joined Soludo in ignominy. As for Elrufai, he is locked in a deadly battle with the Holy Spirit in an attempt to defend his purported running mate come 2015 insha allah from allegation of misappropriation of huge education funds in 7 months.

I hate it when folks begin to run their mouth as soon as they vacate office and are not recalled. No Nigerian is indispensable no matter ur proffessorial majesty. Oby Ezekwesili and her ilk pride themselves as indispensable and the only knowledgable people with the magic wand to change Nigeria. And even more annoying is that they wear a fake garment of religious piety after contributing to our problems. the Onus is on nigerians to shine their eyes to all this ongoing deceit of the public for fame and power.

how many times did she engage in debate when she was minister? she should not worry when Maku leaves office she should come for debate then she will receive the rudest shock of her life that she's been overrating her self.

Elrufai has been caught in his web of evil hatred and deceit. Tribute to the dying Elrufai hausa fulani dynasty; FROM DIVIDE AND RULE to DECEIVE AND RULE? no way. not this time and age my people. This is not about GEJ its about rescuing the people from Men and women of Evil venom in beautiful disguise. Nigeria must and will be freed in the midst of fake apostles of change and accountability. Nonsense!
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by banki(m): 1:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
maku was deputy governor of nassarawa state what did he achieve
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by citizenisb: 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
The average IQ OF NIGERIANS IS BELOW 70, that means the average Nigerian is mentally slow.

Since OBJ left have we not being selling crude at twice the production capacity of OBJ ERA with no significant drop in price yet people are bringing comparative values to insinuate the money is still there.

It is because of the well known fact that Nigerians are fools that made that Director and the Corrupt Judge not fear giving a 750,000 Naira fine for a theft of 23 Billion Naira and for him to return a meager 5 Billion Naira ( people are shot for lesser offences than that in CHINA TODAY ).

ADMIT THAT WE ARE MORALLY DOOMED BUT WE WILL CONTINUE TO GROW ECONOMICALLY SOLELY DUE TO POPULATION DYNAMICS and the residual oil wealth that seeps from the obese bellies of our Bourgeois.
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
Maku was right. Due to the global recession and the drastic reduction of crude oil prices coupled with a reduction of our production quota due to militancy, the Yar'Adua's government had no option but to fund most of its budgetary and constitutional demands from the excess crude account.
I'm not sure if the government touched our foreign reserves but it was very unlikely. All the reports that I've perused didn't show any reduction in foreign reserves.
Re: Ezekwesili Got It Wrong! By Labaran Maku by Arobam: 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Countryman93: Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Mallam Elrufai deceived madam skin punk Ezekwesili to enter an ill fated accountability battle with the FG with promise of VP Slot come 2015 insha allah.Now she's locked in a battle that will gradually become her undoing. The same Elrufai that confiscated lands and even allocated some to his friend in deceit (skin punk oby) with which she gave her so called pastor husband to erect a monumental church in Abuja.

But after the storm settles about her fictitious rantling, the question remains; what happened to the huge education funds she collected within 7 months? (not to mention the funds she collected in Solid minerals Ministry)

let the acclaimed madam due process set herself as example by accounting to Nigerians first. let me mention that truly she"s one of the few folks that have made us proud but she has soiled her reputation by becoming a politician. She has joined Soludo in ignominy. As for Elrufai, he is locked in a deadly battle with the Holy Spirit in an attempt to defend his purported running mate come 2015 insha allah from allegation of misappropriation of huge education funds in 7 months.

I hate it when folks begin to run their mouth as soon as they vacate office and are not recalled. No Nigerian is indispensable no matter ur proffessorial majesty. Oby Ezekwesili and her ilk pride themselves as indispensable and the only knowledgable people with the magic wand to change Nigeria. And even more annoying is that they wear a fake garment of religious piety after contributing to our problems. the Onus is on nigerians to shine their eyes to all this ongoing deceit of the public for fame and power.

how many times did she engage in debate when she was minister? she should not worry when Maku leaves office she should come for debate then she will receive the rudest shock of her life that she's been overrating her self.

Elrufai has been caught in his web of evil hatred and deceit. Tribute to the dying Elrufai hausa fulani dynasty; FROM DIVIDE AND RULE to DECEIVE AND RULE? no way. not this time and age my people. This is not about GEJ its about rescuing the people from Men and women of Evil venom in beautiful disguise. Nigeria must and will be freed in the midst of fake apostles of change and accountability. Nonsense!
grin grin grin you hit them hard

(1) (2) (Reply)

Debt Servicing: Nigeria Paid $598.59m To World Bank, China In 2021 / Atiku When He Comes Back From Dubai To Contest In 2027 (photo) / Governor Of Rivers State Wike Finally Destroy Ait Building In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.