Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn (18003 Views)

Dasuki Handcuffed Buhari to Rot In Prison For 2yrs In 1985, Its Payback time! / ICPC Uncovers Over N23bn Pension Funds ‘lost’ In 40 Bank Accounts / Yakubu Yusuf Rearrested Over Police Pension Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by ifihearam: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2013
Rastamann: Two years for the embezzlement of N23.3 billion when a poor man on the streets will be sentenced to more years for stealing N50 to feed?
Is this how GEJ is fighting corruption? Naija for show! Na only God can save us from this country and her rulers.

I had wanted to pass by until I saw this iddioot's comment,is GEJ the judiciary??

Mumu
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by 7thCANON: 9:32pm On Jan 28, 2013
Sometimes I wonder how shallow most Nigerians are especially in their shallow understanding of how things work. We are in a democratic system where there is separation of powers, so should anyone or system be blamed it should be the judiciary. However, one may not really blame the judiciary in cases like this. For example, if i loot 25 billion naira, i can hire 10 SANs and many other lawyers to defend me. With that money, i can influence other civil servants to make possible proofs to disappear. At the end, the prosecutor argues with a few supporting documents available and i get a fair sentence. The poor man that steals 1000 naira may not be able to hire a good lawyer to defend him so he's sentenced to 21 years. That is how the system works.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by justmenoni: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2013
Only in Naija grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 28, 2013
It smacks of ignorance to blame the judge. The maximum sentence that can be imposed is two years, with or without option of fines. The accused pleaded guilt and being a first time offender, it's left for the judge to either use his discretion to temper justice with mercy or apply the maximum sentence. The judge has done nothing wrong in this regard.

What needs to be done is simple.
1. EFCC should seek an order to confiscate all his properties that have been proven to be proceeds of the crime.
2. GEJ should send a bill to NASS to amend that stupid law. The sentence should be at least 10yrs without an option of fine.

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by seanet01: 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
MAYOWAAK:

InJustice Talba Mohammed
Thank you.
The family of Talba Mohammed will not enjoy the fruits of their Labour henceforth!
Niche targeting disasters will befall Talba Mohammed and his cohorts henceforth!!
The worst Medical complications will be a norm in his Family abode henceforth!!!
Every year henceforth will be a year of Misery, disaster and bereavement of Talba Mohammed henceforth!!!!
The children of Talba Mohammed will all end up in the hand of Evil by the special grace of Almighty Allah!!!!!
Talba Mohammed will eventually die a sorrowfully and painful death!!!!!!
The Children of Talba Mohammed will end up being the victims of Boko Haram!!!!!!!
ASE WA!!!
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by seanet01: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
Prof Corruption: It smacks of ignorance to blame the judge. The maximum sentence that can be imposed is two years, with or without option of fines. The accused pleaded guilt and being a first time offender, it's left for the judge to either use his discretion to temper justice with mercy or apply the maximum sentence. The judge has done nothing wrong in this regard.

What needs to be done is simple.
1. EFCC should seek an order to confiscate all his properties that have been proven to be proceeds of the crime.
2. GEJ should send a bill to NASS to amend that stupid law. The sentence should be at least 10yrs without an option of fine.

You know nada!
In this same country we have seen poor thieves jailed four years for stealing Just a Hen, layers for that matter. Should we start digging it up?

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by lola009: 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
Can u imagine? If I were him, I'd go to jail come out and embezzle another 46billion naira and go to jail for 4 years since the judicial system in Nigeria has lost it sanity. I weep for this visionless and lawless nation called Nigeria. It should be rephrased as LIEgeria like a friend of mine would always say.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2013
seanet01: You know nada!
In this same country we have seen poor thieves jailed four years for stealing Just a Hen, layers for that matter. Should we start digging it up?

There is no case against the judge. Not a single one.
He can't apply sentence beyond the maximum allowed by the law.

Blame the system, NOT the judge.

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by seanet01: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Are you for real?
Somebody was jailed FOUR(4) years for stealing a Layers, while a certified rogue cum looter EMBEZZLED 23 billion (TWENTY THREE BILLION NIGERIAN NAIRA), do you know what you are talking about?
Don't let me Hack your Computer from this place o, I dey vex gan o
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by harrisnimasa(m): 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2013
FRIEND,IS LIKE WEVE LEFT THE SUBTANCE AND NOW CHASING SHADOW..THE CAUSED OF THIS NONSENSE U R SEING IS THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY.THAT WAS THE FREEDOM THEY GAVE THEMSELVE..padi padi..Incase the hammer felt on them they wil get the same freedom.WE need to really take on the national assembly.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by dapotemi: 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=olutunde12]No one can blame Jonathan. All these did not start with him. It has ever been like that in Nigeria. Dikibo was released from prison in Nigeria when Yar"adua sorry, the courts said he should

Oga keep quiet,Jonathan can atleast REFORM d system,mind you dis man is still d president.He has evry opportunity to reform d judiciary but he lack d political will to do such.Moreover,he has stolen billions too,so he wants judiciary to remain dis way so at d end,he wil pass tru dis same Bastardize system.#think

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by geeez: 10:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
Now I know this country has no hope. Wished. Hadn't invested as much as I have in this contraption. Would have relocated for good. Obviously he was asked to plead to get a light sentence.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
We should start burning courts and slaughtering judges. In the face of this evil,it`s the moral thing to do.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by dustydee: 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
ifihearam:

I had wanted to pass by until I saw this iddioot's comment,is GEJ the judiciary??

Mumu
So why do you guys credit GEJ when politicians are being brought to trial?

2 Likes

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by kayswagg(m): 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2013
No wonder such judgment was pass to him now I understand what it take to b a member of the great arewa republic.
My people have you ever seen an hausa judge sentence a fellow country man from arewa republic to jail for take his fear share of the so called govt money ? Guess the answer is NO.
Na the other tribe be fool dat don't value their fellow country man and his ready to do anything for power and money.
Long live the so called BORN TO RULE...DIVIDED THE SOLUTION
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Vavavoom(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
The judiciary has just interpreted a law made by our shameless legislooters, a house peopled by thieves who in their thieving ways set before time safety fallback measures in the event such fate as Yakubu's stand against them tomorrow. What we have just witnessed is a dress rehearsal of Farouk Lawal's fate- a slap on his fat wrist when his time comes. Justice clearly has not been seen to have been done. Rather thieves of tomorrow have set for themselves lenient punishment for such a time when their hands would be caught sticking in the cookie jar. These people of the three tiers won't go away unless we the burden bearers take to the streets, pay the ultimate price and force them out.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by neobusiness(m): 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
Sometimes I wonder what on earth is happening in Nigeria and yet the government keep telling us that they are fighting corruption. This is truly sad and unacceptable. Just the right time to hate being a Nigerian...God bless Nigeria
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by taharqa: 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by pekelepekele(m): 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
250k to avoid jail for stealing billions of naira . I swear this country don turn to ASUN wey dem dey sell for club
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
This is a call of duty for all patriotic Nigerians residing in Abuja. We should mobilize to occupy the court were such malicious judgement was handed down.
Occupy 9ja should not be restricted to fuel subsidy pallaver.

Democracy without input of the citizens is like soup without salt. The citizens must have a say on this issue. The rejection of this ridiculous sentence by an obviously compromised judge should RESOUND all over the country. Occupy 9ja, civil society groups, opposition parties,the media,etc must all speak out and reject this judgement.
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by DisGuy: 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
Prof Corruption:

seanet01: You know nada!
In this same country we have seen[b] poor thieves jailed four years for stealing Just a Hen,[/b] layers for that matter. Should we start digging it up?

seanet01: Are you for real?
Somebody was jailed FOUR(4) years for stealing a Layers, while a certified rogue cum looter EMBEZZLED 23 billion (TWENTY THREE BILLION NIGERIAN NAIRA), do you know what you are talking about?
Don't let me Hack your Computer from this place o, I dey vex gan o

prof corruption, we are waiting for your reply
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by DisGuy: 12:01am On Jan 29, 2013
newspaper editors in responsible countries will be putting this out tomorrow morning with headline screaming

[size=15pt]4years for stealing a hen

250k for stealing N23billion pensioners' benefit![/size]
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 29, 2013
Dis Guy:

prof corruption, we are waiting for your reply

However, prosecution counsel Rotimi Jacobs reminded the court that Section 309 of the Criminal Procedure Code prescribes a maximum of 2 years imprisonment, a fine or both for the offence which the convict had pleaded guilty to.

The rest of the article can be accessed here:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-official-convicted-stealing-203-million-gets-two-years-jail-or-option-1500-fine
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Sagamite(m): 12:45am On Jan 29, 2013
You steal $200m and get a $1,500 fine and walk free?

Continue praying for your leaders, fucktards!
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Sagamite(m): 12:47am On Jan 29, 2013
Dis Guy: newspaper editors in responsible countries will be putting this out tomorrow morning with headline screaming

[size=15pt]4years for stealing a hen

250k for stealing N23billion pensioners' benefit![/size]

In irresponsible countries like Nigeria, the newpapers are led by fucktards!

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by CGKing(m): 1:16am On Jan 29, 2013
He stole billions' u seized one house worth hundreds of millions and put his bail at N250k,

Then why r u ppl publishing the news? No need na. Or is there something someone did somewhere to make u think all Nigeria s are stupid
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by webcityng: 1:28am On Jan 29, 2013
ME TOO GO STEAL N23.3billion X 10 = N232billion AND I WILL PAY 2500000 (N 25MILLION AS BAIL) grin grin

THIS COUNTRY IS A JOKE, I MEAN BIG ONE LOL grin
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by djunior(m): 1:43am On Jan 29, 2013
Only two years? Na wah ooooo
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by DisGuy: 1:45am On Jan 29, 2013
Prof Corruption:

The rest of the article can be accessed here:
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-official-convicted-stealing-203-million-gets-two-years-jail-or-option-1500-fine

so those jailed for 4+ for stealing chickens, cements etc under what code or sub-section abc were they convicted ?

1 Like

Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by danikik7: 5:22am On Jan 29, 2013
Not a bad deal,loosing just 325 Million,still has over 27 billion for keeps that's good isn't ? Same court will sentence a common burglar to 10years imprisonment with hard labour BRAVO NIGERIA JUDICIARY
LOL
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by Revolva(m): 6:09am On Jan 29, 2013
And some transpance international will come here and say Nigeria's curruption status is decreasing...
Sango go strike the bastard wey say so ..Nigeria is the most currupt country I have ever seen nothing works no leader want to make the country a progress...and am not sure this nation go better anymore as long as we are at this stage..its even getting worst ...and worster!! Permit me for the blunder..
Can you imagine a 250k fine to be bailed..the man go happy die or just short time 2years..(Remember na special suite cell with flat screen / AC and good foods even ...babes anytime konji dey catch am) cell he go dey!!
Re: Police Pension Boss Sentenced To 2yrs In Prison For Embezzling N23bn by otokx(m): 6:22am On Jan 29, 2013
This should go into the guiness book of world records

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Marks Houses For Demolition As 1 Dies, 10 Hospitalised / 2019: APC Camps That Will Determine Buhari’s Fate / Tinubu Has Secret Plot To Succeed Buhari- PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.