Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! (3117 Views)

Talba the Big Time Thief / Chief Servant Governor (talba) Indeed; The Niger State Question / Controversial Pension Thief Judge, Talba Suspended For One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Jalal(m): 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
I am still totally out of words and still recovering from the shock of yesterday Judicial judgement of Assistant Director, Police Pension Board, John Yusuf on the stolen fund.

This is the profile of the judge and please my people i am throwing this back to you what do you make of his judgement and what would you rather have.

MEET JUSTICE TALBA OF THE POLICE PENSION JUDGEMENT SCAM

Bio: Surname: -Talba
Other Names:- Abubakar Mahmud
Sex: Male
Date of Birth: 24/01/1960
Place of Birth: Fagge - Kano
State of Origin: Adamawa State
Local Government: Yola North
Marital Status: Married
Number of Children: 11
Year of Call to Bar: 1985
Place of Call to Bar: Lagos
Date of Appointment as Hon. Judge in the High Court of the FCT: 17/12/2003

Year - Educational Background

2009- Masters Degree in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice
1985- B.L
1984- LL.B
1981- Diploma in Law

Institutions of study unknown

Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by citizenisb: 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
The average IQ OF NIGERIANS IS BELOW 70, that means the average Nigerian is mentally slow.

Since OBJ left have we not being selling crude at twice the production capacity of OBJ ERA with no significant drop in price yet people are bringing comparative values to insinuate the money is still there.

It is because of the well known fact that Nigerians are fools that made that Director and the Corrupt Judge not fear giving a 750,000 Naira fine for a theft of 23 Billion Naira and for him to return a meager 5 Billion Naira ( people are shot for lesser offences than that in CHINA TODAY ).

ADMIT THAT WE ARE MORALLY DOOMED BUT WE WILL CONTINUE TO GROW ECONOMICALLY SOLELY DUE TO POPULATION DYNAMICS and the residual oil wealth that seeps from the obese bellies of our Bourgeois.

1 Like

Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by ochukoccna: 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
You can be sure John Yusuf will not spend 3 months in jail before he's out
And if he does spend the 2 years, he'll live a life of luxury in prison
Yet this is the same police force Johnny go-slow was forming anger over Channels TV 's exposure of the rot in the training colleges
Every one is just looting unashamedly with a 'catch me if you can' boldness at the instrument of state
As Femi Kuti said, I sorry sorry O
Sorry for Nigeria
Sorry sorry O,
Sorry for Africa
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Igwe9(m): 2:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
ochukoccna: You can be sure John Yusuf will not spend 3 months in jail before he's out
Yet this is the same police force Johnny go-slow was forming anger over Channels TV 's exposure of the rot in the training colleges
Every one is just looting unashamedly with a 'catch me if you can' boldness at the instrument of state
Sorry for Nigeria
Sorry sorry O,
Sorry for Africa
cheesy, he didn't spend even a night. the option fine has since been paid for.
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=Jalal] I am still totally out of words and still recovering from the shock of yesterday Judicial judgement of Assistant Director, Police Pension Board, John Yusuf on the stolen fund.

This is the profile of the judge and please my people i am throwing this back to you what do you make of his judgement and what would you rather have.

1985- B.L
1984- LL.B
1981- Diploma in Law

Institutions of study unknown[/quote

Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by ba7man(m): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
Justice Talba is one of the main faces of corruption in this country. Mark down the name, face and also don't forget Justice Marcel Awokunlehin(Of the Ibori saga).
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by PointB: 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
The judge is simply helping out a brother in need. Like we don't know the drill in this tribalistic country!
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Maxymilliano(m): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
I don't see how the judge erred in this case,

The accused (Former Police pension board boss, John yakubu Yusuf) pleaded guilty to 3 of the 20 charges brought against him by the Prosecuting Counsel (EFCC Lawyer, Rotimi Jacobs) but the law prescribes a 2-year jail term and an option of fine for 3-count charges.

The presiding judge, Abubakar Talba couldn't have ruled otherwise...

1 Like

Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by LocalChamp: 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
Police Pension Fund Judgement Scam: Meet Rogue Judge Abubakar Talba
Posted: January 29, 2013 - 14:15
Posted by siteadmin

By SaharaReporters, New York

This picture is the face of Talba Abubakar Mahmud, the Abuja judge who gave yesterday’s shocking ruling that set free a police pension fund thief, John Yakubu Yusufu, is popularly known in the city’s legal circles as "Justice Taliban," SaharaReporters has learned.

According to an entry under his name on the webpage of the High court of the Federal capital Territory Abuja, Mr. Mahmud was born on January 2, 1960.

The judge who has become the object of anger and resentment from Nigerian citizens across the world with his bizarre ruling was born in Fagge in Kano state, but his father is from Adamawa State.

He is married with 11 kids, but it is unclear if he has more than one wife.

The entry shows that he was appointed to his current position in December 2003, and that he obtained a law degree in 1985.

Although Mr. Mahmud claimed to have obtained a diploma in law in 1981, a B.L degree in 1985 and a Masters Degree in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice in 2009, his biodata does not disclose the institutions from which he obtained the degrees.

In yesterday’s judgement in which Mr. Mahmud announced himself to the world, he gave a police pension thief, who pleaded guilty to stealing $203 million, a two year prison sentence and offered an option of $1,500 fine in lieu of the sentence.

The infamous sentence is attracting a massive backlash from Nigerian citizens and anti-corruption activists across the globe.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/police-pension-fund-judgement-scam-meet-rogue-judge-abubakar-talba

Abubakar Mahmud Talba

Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
TALIBAN JUDGE.. HE SURE LOOKS LIKE A TALIBAN
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by ochukoccna: 4:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: John Yusuf rearrested by the EFCC
Yet will justice be served eventually?
That's the million dollar question

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has re- arrested a director of the Police Pension Office, Mr. John Yusuf.

Yusuf was set free by a Federal Capital Territory High Court, Abuja on Monday after paying N750,000 fine for conniving with others to defraud the office and pensioners of N27.2bn,.

Spokesperson for the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, told our correspondent in Abuja on Tuesday that Yusuf was re-arrested today because there were other pending cases against him.

Yusuf , Uwujaren said, would be re-arraigned to face fresh charges.

http://www.punchng.com/news/efcc-re-arrests-pension-thief/
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by SlyIg(f): 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
ochukoccna: You can be sure John Yusuf will not spend 3 months in jail before he's out
Sorry for Nigeria
Sorry sorry O,
Sorry for Africa
it was two options for him. Either 2years of jail or 750k bail. He paid the 750k bail and left the court majestically. Now tell me where the poor people are heading to. Just compare billions of naira stolen by this man and 750k.
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by PointB: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
SlyIg:
it was two options for him. Either 2years of jail or 750k bail. He paid the 750k bail and left the court majestically. Now tell me where the poor people are heading to. Just compare billions of naira stolen by this man and 750k.

Moral of the story!

If you must steal from Nigeria, steal billions of naira (dollars preferable) never steal hundred or thousands.

What a justice system! Shame on the judiciary!!
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by doctokwus: 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
I bet if this judge's bank account(s) were to be checked over d time period this case was assigned to him& this judgement,there wud b seen to b significant lodgements dat cannot b accounted by his salary.Track d judge's bank account& d logic behind his laughable judgement can b found
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
Maxymilliano: I don't see how the judge erred in this case,

The accused (Former Police pension board boss, John yakubu Yusuf) pleaded guilty to 3 of the 20 charges brought against him by the Prosecuting Counsel (EFCC Lawyer, Rotimi Jacobs) but the law prescribes a 2-year jail term and an option of fine for 3-count charges.

Good point of Law! D learned Judge shld hav denied him d option of fine.
@OP.. Good job! Let's start d name and shame game from now onwards.
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by plendil: 6:19pm On Jan 29, 2013

[size=28pt]THEN THE FRAMER OF THAT LAW SHOULD HAVE HIS BLEEPING BALLS EXCISED AND FED TO BLEEPING VULTURES!!!, or even more pertinent, now that we are in a democratic setting, HAS IT NOT OCCURRED TO THOSE KLEPTOMANIAC SHIITHEADS AT THE NASS that that statute was in need of an urgent review, especially after the Igbinedion and Bode George legal travesty??

BUNCH OF INCORRIGIBLE I/D/I/O/T/S!!! [/size]

#highly pissed# angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 29, 2013

Tell 'em!
And to think one id!0t's post was about the average IQ of Nigerians?
@citizenisb, please do well to first remove the log in your eyes.
This is one of the things constituition amendment was about.
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Maxymilliano(m): 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
careytommy:
Tell 'em!
And to think one id!0t's post was about the average IQ of Nigerians?
@citizenisb, please do well to first remove the log in your eyes.
This is one of the things constituition amendment was about.

That's my problem with Nigerians as depicted by what I'm seeing here, I also condemned the slap on the wrist judgement but the judge is guarded by law, he could not have done otherwise.

The more reason we need to strengthen our institutions, and by this, I mean the constitution but I doubt if most peeps castigating the 'learned' judge bothered to read what the law says or even participate in the constitution amendment exercise that was held across the country recently.
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by gramci: 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
I see no reason why plea bargain shouldn't be extended to other categories of criminals
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Maxymilliano(m): 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
20pounds:

Good point of Law! D learned Judge shld hav denied him d option of fine.
@OP.. Good job! Let's start d name and shame game from now onwards.

Denied him of the option of fine when the extant law says otherwise
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by plendil: 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
His limitations notwithstanding, I do believe the judge could have still used the opportunity to make a powerful statement on the need for an urgent review of the extant law. He could have made it clear that even though he's constrained on account of the current provisions, he would have loved to see something far more decisive, more punitive, something that would serve as an effective deterrent to would-be looters being given. Conscientious Judges have been known to do that in the past.

Surely, given his background, he cannot be foolish enough to believe the punishment meted was commensurate to the astounding gravity of the crime.
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Screwface(m): 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Don't blame the Judge,blame the judiciary and the makers of that law.
The constitution is in dire need of been revised. There are too many loopholes in this outdated one,and the smartass lawyers are having fun exploiting it.
Obviously,you should also commend his defence attorney(s) for their thorough job well done. They knew the crooked constitution in and out,and we my friends,the entire country,got served by their smartness.
Kudos to them.
Free the judge!
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by plendil: 11:46am On Jan 30, 2013
BTW where exactly in our law books is such a ridiculous penalty given such crimes?

Reference has continuously been made to section 309 of Criminal procedure code. Tried googling but nothing came up. what gives??
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by BeraBera(f): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2013
This man is a disgrace to the Nigerian Judiciary. There are several other Laws and Legal Instruments which he should have used, why did he decide to choose this very lenient one that simply set the barawo/ ole free?
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by ugoani(m): 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
PointB: The judge is simply helping out a brother in need. Like we don't know the drill in this tribalistic country!

Far from help, this is just business, percentage formula sharing arrangement simple. not only between the thief and the judge but among many other top officials that matters in this issue
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by ugoani(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
This is just business, percentage formula sharing arrangement simple. not only between the thief and the judge but among many other top officials that matters in this issue[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 31, 2013
Now is when we need to take law into our hands and deliver judgment on th judge. We should kidnap the judge and flog him 300 times,100 after breakfast 100 after lunch and 100 after dinner for three months, post it on youtube and then send him back to the bench and watch wonders from him and his kind!
Nonsense judgment
Re: Meet Justice Talba Who Issued 2yrs Jail Term To 23Bn Pension Thief! by dederocs(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2013
Jalal: I am still totally out of words and still recovering from the shock of yesterday Judicial judgement of Assistant Director, Police Pension Board, John Yusuf on the stolen fund.

1985- B.L
1984- LL.B
1981- Diploma in Law

Institutions of study unknown
FOOLISH THIEF,HE DON COLLECT BRIBE,NBA must debar this scum.mumu.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? / Fayose Won Again / Buhari Will Fail Woefully Like The Others Before Him -dr. Oguchi Nkwocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.