Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,230 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! (2233 Views)

Things Women Say And What They Really Mean / 10 Things Men Say When They Are Cheating!!! / What Men Say But Really Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by segunsd: 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
Tolu Oniru blogs about what men say and what they really mean. Last week, she wrote something on what women say and what they mean. This week she delves into the men. In her words:

Last week I put up a post on 10 Things Women Say, And What They Really Mean! and the feedback was quite interesting. I initially received a lot of emails from guys saying well my girlfriend says this or this a lot, please translate, then I started getting emails from women saying, that men are guilty of the same thing… i.e saying things they don’t mean.

Anyhow after a fair bit of research, I present to you 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! for the ladies out there that need help with their Martian to Venusian translations.

Please note: These translations are not 100% scientifically proven, but are close enough. A panel of my male friends agreed (ok were coerced) to help with verifying the accuracy of the translations below.

Happy Reading!!

“I’ll call you later”
Venusian translation: I may or may not call you at some point between now and six months from now.

“My ex is crazy”
Venusian translation: I messed up - hurt and infuriated my ex so much, that she turned into a demon.

“That’s not what I meant”
Venusian translation: That’s totally what I meant, but now that I see it has made you angry I’m going to try my best to wriggle out of this hot spot.

“It’s a long story”
Venusian translation: The story makes me look bad, and I haven’t quite figured out how to tell it without making myself look bad, so let’s leave it.

“That guy seems like a good friend of yours”
Venusian translation: You’ve slept with him before haven’t you? And he really wants to sleep with you again – don’t tell me you can’t see that!

“Why are you being so emotional?”
Venusian translation: WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE A CRAZY PERSON??

“She’s just a friend”
Venusian translation: this could mean just that, but then he could mean ‘I’ve slept with her sooo many times you have no idea’

“Can we talk about this later?”
Venusian translation: I don’t want to talk about this again, please free the issue.

“I don’t want a relationship right now”
Venusian translation: I’m just not that into you.
Painful, but the truth is if he liked you enough, he would change his world to make sure you were a part of it.

“I’ve got a really early meeting” – (after you’ve had sexy time)
Venusian translation: If you don’t know what he means, then you are a Learner, with a bold and capital L!

http://naijapose.com/10-things-men-say-and-what-they-really-mean/

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by rapcy(m): 10:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nt bad
Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by eduson002(m): 12:37am On Jan 30, 2013
ok.
Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 30, 2013
[size=13pt]The title should be changed to "10 Things Boys Say, And What They Really Mean!"[/size]

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 30, 2013
Hhhmmnn
Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by segunsd: 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]The title should be changed to "10 Things Boys Say, And What They Really Mean!"[/size]

Lol. iLike ur title

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by Flashaldrin(m): 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
None of those apply to me.
Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by cumudie(f): 4:42am On Jan 31, 2013
Flashaldrin: None of those apply to me.

Liar!
Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by Mynd44: 6:20am On Jan 31, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]The title should be changed to "10 Things Boys Say, And What They Really Mean!"[/size]
Well not every guy say those you know. some of us don't really care and some don't talk at all
Re: 10 Things Men Say, And What They Really Mean! by Mynd44: 6:21am On Jan 31, 2013
Flashaldrin: None of those apply to me.
Me too

(1) (Reply)

HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us / I Love This Girl But Is She Fooling Me? / 'follow Your Heart', What Does This Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.