Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160832 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
chomiq3: Hello my sposor to Uk gave me a photocopy of his company's registration, Tax clearance, UK visa/biodata page and original statement of personal account dat has abt 20m pease can this fly for my general visa or must everthing be original? Pls reply is urgent thanks.
Why is s/he sponsoring you?
By the way, how would you describe your personal circumstances?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by psquaret: 1:59am On Oct 29, 2013
Good day op, pls kindly assist me on how I will go about getting a transit UK visa, I have send them an email and they reply that what I need is an airside transit visa that will not require me to change airport. Pls kindly assit me with the right document that I should go with pls. I have an electronic visa to my final destination which is Grenada and I have 400k in my account from my salary, invitation from the citizen inviting me and he stated It on The invitation letter that I will be staying in his house during my stay. pls I beg u kindly advise me with the right document to go with pls thank u
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2013
psquaret: Good day op, pls kindly assist me on how I will go about getting a transit UK visa, I have send them an email and they reply that what I need is an airside transit visa that will not require me to change airport. Pls kindly assit me with the right document that I should go with pls. I have an electronic visa to my final destination which is Grenada and I have 400k in my account from my salary, invitation from the citizen inviting me and he stated It on The invitation letter that I will be staying in his house during my stay. pls I beg u kindly advise me with the right document to go with pls thank u
You are travelling to a destination that is virtually a visa-free country for Nigerian passport holders, and you want to apply for a UK transit visa?
What stops the embassy from suspecting that you would destroy your Nigerian passport in a UK airport toilet in order to claim asylum as a stateless person?
My friend, it doesn't work that way: be advised that it is easier to get a tourist visa to the UK than to get a UK transit visa to a destination of no economic reputation. And if you must apply for a transit visa, the onus is on you to convince the visa officer of your intention to proceed onward, and to explain your purpose of travelling to Grenada; you need a hefty bank statement (not that N400k).
check the entire list of documents that are required for a tourist visa and be advised that you need all of them if not more
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by curiobling: 6:18am On Nov 11, 2013
hi, i just received my acceptance to present in an annual conference in US in February 2014. Am currently an undergrauate student, i hav no assets, no saving, not married. My sch intend to sponsor my trip to bring the glory back to them. What supplemental documents do i need to win the heart of the ECO? Advice pls
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
curiobling: hi, i just received my acceptance to present in an annual conference in US in February 2014. Am currently an undergrauate student, i hav no assets, no saving, not married. My sch intend to sponsor my trip to bring the glory back to them. What supplemental do i need to win the heart of the ECO? Advice pls
If you're being sent to a recognized competition event and you happened to be a talented individual to represent your school, the school would take care of your every need, but in any other case, you need to meet the requirements which I don't know whether or not you fulfil at this moment

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by curiobling: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
ok sir am having butterfly in my heart...hihihihi. My letter of intro frm my sch is ready, i hav everytin to proof my studentshp. Now pls, what else apart frm d robust acc balance do i hav to come along wit frm my sch? Am happy 4 ur response
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by ohbejay(m): 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hi vicjustice plz I need Ur advice ......I wish to have my M.SC Agric extension in over sea plz......where. can u recommend for me....financial and low life expenses have great considerations sir.......plz waiting for Ur reply hugs
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by suxes2005(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
ohbejay: Hi vicjustice plz I need Ur advice ......I wish to have my M.SC Agric extension in over sea plz......where. can u recommend for me....financial and low life expenses have great considerations sir.......plz waiting for Ur reply hugs

I can hack laziness from your post. You want to be fed.

You should do research yourself first and come back to ask questions
here if need be.

Lemme help you start, which country (countries) are you looking at?

SHALOM
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:14am On Nov 23, 2013
suxes2005:

I can hack laziness from your post. You want to be fed.

You should do research yourself first and come back to ask questions
here if need be.

Lemme help you start, which country (countries) are you looking at?

SHALOM
cheesy grin
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by orans(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
please sir i need your advice. I am applying for a student visa in u.s . My dad and sponsor has a permanent residency in the U.S and d acct is from a u.s bank. Do u think my sponsor being there would affect my visa chances? If yes wat ties and supportin doc do i present to increase my chance of getting d visa. Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
orans: please sir i need your advice. I am applying for a student visa in u.s . My dad and sponsor has a permanent residency in the U.S and d acct is from a u.s bank. Do u think my sponsor being there would affect my visa chances? If yes wat ties and supportin doc do i present to increase my chance of getting d visa. Thanks
Though there is no rules forbidding it, but it is usually not an advantage for you to have a "sponsor" already in the country that you intend to study in, there are many indications that your true intention is to migrate or to remain in the States even after your studies as you seem to have more ties to the US than to Nigeria
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by orans(m): 8:41am On Nov 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
Though there is no rules forbidding it, but it is usually not an advantage for you to have a "sponsor" already in the country that you intend to study in, there are many indications that your true intention is to migrate or to remain in the States even after your studies as you seem to have more ties to the US than to Nigeria
thanks u sir for the quick response. I have another question pls. My younger broda and I would be applyin and when he did his e passport 2 years ago the date of birth was wrong as my guardian did not comfirm 4rm our parents b4 going ahead. He applied to the lagos U.S embassy and was denied nt because of the age though but tax clearance matter. Now my parents insist he rectifies his passport and change the age as reflected in his WAEC certificate. He has done that and hope to apply with the new passport in the Abuja U.S embassy. Pls do u tink d embassy could trace both passports and maybe charge him for falsification? The new passport has only the date of birth change and it got a new passport number
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by IrishBebey: 10:35am On Nov 26, 2013
orans: thanks u sir for the quick response. I have another question pls. My younger broda and I would be applyin and when he did his e passport 2 years ago the date of birth was wrong as my guardian did not comfirm 4rm our parents b4 going ahead. He applied to the lagos U.S embassy and was denied nt because of the age though but tax clearance matter. Now my parents insist he rectifies his passport and change the age as reflected in his WAEC certificate. He has done that and hope to apply with the new passport in the Abuja U.S embassy. Pls do u tink d embassy could trace both passports and maybe charge him for falsification? The new passport has only the date of birth change and it got a new passport number
yet another victim of a so called visa agent
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:39am On Nov 26, 2013
orans: thanks u sir for the quick response. I have another question pls. My younger broda and I would be applyin and when he did his e passport 2 years ago the date of birth was wrong as my guardian did not comfirm 4rm our parents b4 going ahead. He applied to the lagos U.S embassy and was denied nt because of the age though but tax clearance matter. Now my parents insist he rectifies his passport and change the age as reflected in his WAEC certificate. He has done that and hope to apply with the new passport in the Abuja U.S embassy. Pls do u tink d embassy could trace both passports and maybe charge him for falsification? The new passport has only the date of birth change and it got a new passport number
He will definitely be caught, and as far as the USA is concerned, there will be no remedy to rectify the age discrepancy, therefore, his chance of ever entering the country is doomed for life except he maintained that false age.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by suxes2005(m): 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2013

You self think am yourself. We talking about the US embassy here.

Oga said he will be caught and that is the truth. But come to think of it,
they made a mistake on his first passport and he used it like that to apply
for USA visa and now he's changing age, shey he no see am b4 ni?

Here is the solution, destroy the new passport. Rock on with the old passport
and mind you, a man of 45years can be given F1 student visa provided he can
convince the ECO well

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by kdf3449(m): 7:16am On Dec 03, 2013
Goodday NL,

Please i would like to get advise from professionals like you guys from the house. Okay let me start by am 28years,not married and a businessman. I would like to make a short vacation of 3months and i am either thinking of going to the U.K or getting a Schengen visa,i haven't done any of these applications before thats why i want guidelines from you guys before i do anything. Do you advise i go for UK tourist visa or Schengen Visa? I had 3 months Malaysia tourist visa in my passport but i couldn't go because i was busy with my business.

I have a building here in Nigeria where i live but no C of O and i have some lands as well and i have my registered company. I don't know if these will be of any help to me.

An agent said it will cost me 850k for them to give me Schengen visa/U.K Visa and it is even not easy to get.

Pls i need advice pals.

Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2013
kdf3449: Goodday NL,

Please i would like to get advise from professionals like you guys from the house. Okay let me start by am 28years,not married and a businessman. I would like to make a short vacation of 3months and i am either thinking of going to the U.K or getting a Schengen visa,i haven't done any of these applications before thats why i want guidelines from you guys before i do anything. Do you advise i go for UK tourist visa or Schengen Visa? I had 3 months Malaysia tourist visa in my passport but i couldn't go because i was busy with my business.

I have a building here in Nigeria where i live but no C of O and i have some lands as well and i have my registered company. I don't know if these will be of any help to me.

An agent said it will cost me 850k for them to give me Schengen visa/U.K Visa and it is even not easy to get.
Pls i need advice pals.

Thanks
The only question that i like to respond to here is the issue of an "agent". Not because this matter was not dealt with in my original article, but because, i felt the humane responsibility to warn you before you get into a very serious trouble.
Say NO to the agent, and if need be, call the police: this syndicate is going to get you into trouble with grave consequences.
Please, read the opening article again and read between lines this time, your every question is answered there.
Refer to the article on this link for important information:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by olanshi: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
I recently help my brother apply for France Tourism Visa which he was denied, so I filed an appeal.. Few days ago, I got a response but believe me I can't read french.. Please is there anyone out there can help me the translations, is it that he won the appeal or the other way round?

Please I need someone to help out with the translation and what next to do..

Here is the scanned copy of the Response Letter they sent..

Please share it on here so that everyone could benefit

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
olanshi: I recently help my brother apply for France Tourism Visa which he was denied, so I filed an appeal.. Few days ago, I got a response but believe me I can't read french.. Please is there anyone out there can help me the translations, is it that he won the appeal or the other way round?

Please I need someone to help out with the translation and what next to do..

Here is the scanned copy of the Response Letter they sent..

Please share it on here so that everyone could benefit
"Dear Sir
I inform you that I have decided, under Article D.211-9 paragraph 2 of the Code of the entry and stay of alien and asylum (acts), to dismissed the (appeal) form (on) the 09/10 / 2013 against the decision by which the French consular authority in Lagos refuses to issue you an entry visa for France

This decision is motivated by the manifested inadmissible nature of the appeal, it is not being drafted in french in accordance with the requirements of Article D.211-6 C.E.S.E.D.A.

Dear Sir, please, accept the expression of my distinguished consideration
"

In other word, the appeal has been rejected or is unsuccessful because, it was not written in French which is the official language of the country
That is for the appeal. Now, no one can give you any reasonable advice on "what next to do" without knowing the full reasons why the application was refused in the first place
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by talk2tosep(m): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
please will be glad if anyone could share more light on my case..i have been living in southafrica for almost 2yrs and few months now got my 2yrs business permit this july but have been on asylum before the permit since 2011..earlier today i submitted an application for tourist visa to France..will french embassy really be concerned about my status before i gott my permit this year since my first visitors permit in 2011?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
talk2tosep: please will be glad if anyone could share more light on my case..i have been living in southafrica for almost 2yrs and few months now got my 2yrs business permit this july but have been on asylum before the permit since 2011..earlier today i submitted an application for tourist visa to France..will french embassy really be concerned about my status before i gott my permit this year since my first visitors permit in 2011?
If they detect that you have once applied for, or claimed asylum in any country, there is a very high chance that you will be refused the French tourist visa on suspicion that you would also seek asylum once in France: though, this is not supposed to be possible (according to the UNHCR regulations) but there are cases of people using deception to by-pass this regulation, and even if they are caught, they become a problem to the immigration authorities if they are not willing to cooperate with the authority for their removal especially if their true nationalities can not be ascertained
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by databoy247(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
@vicjustice an ngo (well to do) is sponsoring me for a two months training in canada as part of their youth empowerment program for disabled people, now the issue is that they are willing to give me a good letter of introduction and sponsorship to take to d embassy. Bt the problem is they are saying their financial statement wont be released to me but will be released to the embassy if a direct request is made from the embassy. Will the letter of introduction alone do me any good?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 12:23am On Dec 29, 2013
databoy247: @vicjustice an ngo (well to do) is sponsoring me for a two months training in canada as part of their youth empowerment program for disabled people, now the issue is that they are willing to give me a good letter of introduction and sponsorship to take to d embassy. Bt the problem is they are saying their financial statement wont be released to me but will be released to the embassy if a direct request is made from the embassy. Will the letter of introduction alone do me any good?
There are some things that depend on the reputation and the calibre of such an "NGO". There are exceptional circumstances in which the initiative of common discretion overrules the written law.
But if you're being sponsored by the NGO, and yet they are taking this stance regarding the bank statement, then your application may be complicated: the NGO's unwillingness to let you see the bank statement is an apparent indication that you don't have access to the fund in the account, such sponsorship doesn't look genuine and therefore, the embassy won't find it credible.
Besides, how do you expect an embassy to trust you with their visa issuance when your sponsor does not trust you with its bank account?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by databoy247(m): 1:42am On Dec 29, 2013
Vicjustice:
There are some things that depend on the reputation and the calibre of such an "NGO". There are exceptional circumstances in which the initiative of common discretion overrules the written law.
But if you're being sponsored by the NGO, and yet they are taking this stance regarding the bank statement, then your application may be complicated: the NGO's unwillingness to let you see the bank statement is an apparent indication that you don't have access to the fund in the account, such sponsorship doesn't look genuine and therefore, the embassy won't find it credible.
Besides, how do you expect an embassy to trust you with their visa issuance when your sponsor does not trust you with its bank account?
I think they are willing to release a copy of their most recent audited account. Will it fly?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by olanshi: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2013
Vicjustice:
"Dear Sir
I inform you that I have decided, under Article D.211-9 paragraph 2 of the Code of the entry and stay of alien and asylum (acts), to dismissed the (appeal) form (on) the 09/10 / 2013 against the decision by which the French consular authority in Lagos refuses to issue you an entry visa for France

This decision is motivated by the manifested inadmissible nature of the appeal, it is not being drafted in french in accordance with the requirements of Article D.211-6 C.E.S.E.D.A.

Dear Sir, please, accept the expression of my distinguished consideration
"

In other word, the appeal has been rejected or is unsuccessful because, it was not written in French which is the official language of the country
That is for the appeal. Now, no one can give you any reasonable advice on "what next to do" without knowing the full reasons why the application was refused in the first place

Can I re-write another one in French and send it back through courier service? I think france appeal deadline is 3 months after
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by cydophobia(m): 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
@ Vicjustice

Please it is very urgent,i want to apply for tourist visa to canada,i want to know my chance of getting the visa from the following;

1.If am to be sponsored by my employer,what are supporting documents from my employer?

2.If am to sponsor myself for the trip.

Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks..
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
cydophobia: @ Vicjustice
Please it is very urgent,i want to apply for tourist visa to canada,i want to know my chance of getting the visa from the following;
1.If am to be sponsored by my employer,what are supporting documents from my employer?
2.If am to sponsor myself for the trip.
Your urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks..
The original article isn't written in Greek

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by cydophobia(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
The original article isn't written in Greek

Lol...haba Vicjustice that's too harsh on me.Anyways as a student that is ready to learn, i have to take it like that.

Please,how do i give evidence to VO that the fund in my company's financial statement/account will be available for my own use while on the trip.

I would not mind if you can assist with a format here please..

thanks baba.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
cydophobia:
Lol...haba Vicjustice that's too harsh on me.Anyways as a student that is ready to learn, i have to take it like that.
Please,how do i give evidence to VO that the fund in my company's financial statement/account will be available for my own use while on the trip.
I would not mind if you can assist with a format here please..
thanks baba.
It is the responsibility of your company to present proof of availability of fund however they officially prefer, but then, your greatest challenge would be to satisfy the visa officer of the reason(s) why a company would sponsor you for tourism and the benefit that your trip would be to the company.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.