Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems (21295 Views)

Arm Deal Scandal- Like Fashola Jonathan Doesn't Sign Cheques. / Jonathan Lacks Will To Crush Boko Haram, Buhari Tells Kerry / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems by solelymade: 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
porka:

That's very true bro.

But that is just one aspect of the story.

Now consider that 70% of the infrastructure in Lagos; roads, bridges, airports, seaports, tertiary institutions, military barracks, tunnels, hospitals, power plant etc were built by the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Consider further that Lagos rakes in more than 250 billion naira from taxes on businesses and people who have come to Lagos as a result of the infrastructure provided by the Nigerian government, Lagos was a Federal Capital City for over 31 years.

Also note, that the infrastructure being provided newly are owned by private individuals who will re-coup their monies, some for over 20 years.

Again, please look very closely on some renovated schools and roads, you will see a sign that points to the company that renovated them as a CSR, even Oga Fashola's alma mata.

You should also factor that security is being handled by the business moguls to protect themselves and their business, there's a FUND set-up for that.

The new railroad being built is commendable though, when completed.
Re: Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems by solelymade: 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
Can you mention 2 project that involves ppp recoupin their investment over 20 years in Lagos from citizens. Remember d fed govt is even plannin on reintroducin toll gates to our highways. Dont be blinded by what so pple are sayin...

You attested 2 d fact dat skols are renovated in lagos even though 2 u all is CSR abi, D fact remains at d fed level nothing is been renovated nor revived neither through tax payers monies,CSR nor revenue from any source.

Really, lagos state is at fault again when security is on the exclusive list.Better quit being unserious.

Bros, i will be more than happy if the federal govt can get som things working on ppp or any kind of consensus. D only thing i can see that is functioning and improving at d fed level is corruption. I will neva forgive dis govt 4 fuel subsidy to ave rose frm 260 billion to 1.7 trillion in a year2011 when we aven't spent more dan 250 billion in previous years.
Re: Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems by Objektive: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
UBEC ALONE HAS BUILT AND RENOVATED OVER 9,000 SCHOOLS ACROSS THE NATION. SLOWSPOKE

solelymade:
Can you mention 2 project that involves ppp recoupin their investment over 20 years in Lagos from citizens. Remember d fed govt is even plannin on reintroducin toll gates to our highways. Dont be blinded by what so pple are sayin...

You attested 2 d fact dat skols are renovated in lagos even though 2 u all is CSR abi, D fact remains at d fed level nothing is been renovated nor revived neither through tax payers monies,CSR nor revenue from any source.

Really, lagos state is at fault again when security is on the exclusive list.Better quit being unserious.

Bros, i will be more than happy if the federal govt can get som things working on ppp or any kind of consensus. D only thing i can see that is functioning and improving at d fed level is corruption. I will neva forgive dis govt 4 fuel subsidy to ave rose frm 260 billion to 1.7 trillion in a year2011 when we aven't spent more dan 250 billion in previous years.
Re: Fashola: Jonathan Lacks The Knowledge To Tackle Nigeria’s Problems by solelymade: 12:42am On Feb 20, 2015
Objektive:
UBEC ALONE HAS BUILT AND RENOVATED OVER 9,000 SCHOOLS ACROSS THE NATION. SLOWSPOKE

Bros I pity u, jux dey do wetin dem dey pay u to do. At least d society has one less hungry nuisance to contend with

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG To Prevent APC From Forming Parallel Government / Why Obasanjo Should Be On New Naira Note – Atiku, others / Dapo Abiodun Commissions Arepo-Journalists Estare Road, Links 42 Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.